Is SuryaKumar Yadav the most overrated/overhyped player ever?

Then why make a sky thread at all? If you don't give a hoot about him lol.
I didn't make a thread.

And I didn't say I don't give a hoot about him. I don't give a hoot about his IPL performances. They don't really factor in a discussion about a players ability or how rated he is to non Indians.

Sky hasnt performed as well in big games as many would expect based on his other exploits. I don't think there is any harm in calling him overrated for now.

That doesn't make him a bad player but it seems to have triggered people to insult Pakistan and Pakistani players for some weird reason.

Is this how you cope. Poor, babar made a brilliant 25 of 33 so looks bangladesh wasn't that easy.

I disagree, I think babars knock in the final was his best innings.

Babar can't hit sixes like sky, he's a steady accumulator. Not a t20 player.

No Babar has ever been better than that sorry and the saffers were 24-3 at one point and managed to chase a low total with only 2 balls to spare doesn't scream easy to me
I mean if it makes you happy that Sky is better than Babar I won't try to steal your thunder. It's entirely unrelated to the thread because he can be better than Babar and still be overrated.

Sky hasn't hit sixes against top teams either in a world cup lol but we can give him the smashed South Africa in the group stage trophy to keep you happy.

I didn't make a thread.

And I didn't say I don't give a hoot about him. I don't give a hoot about his IPL performances. They don't really factor in a discussion about a players ability or how rated he is to non Indians.

Sky hasnt performed as well in big games as many would expect based on his other exploits. I don't think there is any harm in calling him overrated for now.

That doesn't make him a bad player but it seems to have triggered people to insult Pakistan and Pakistani players for some weird reason.
He is overrated I agree, but he's still superior to Pakistani bats. He may be overrated compared to the rest of the world.

But not to Pakistani players.

He is overrated I agree, but he's still superior to Pakistani bats. He may be overrated compared to the rest of the world.

But not to Pakistani players.
He has some amazing 200SR knocks but if we apply the same logic that you guys do for Pakistani batsmen ( world cup crunch games only, no bilateral series, no domestic cricket) then all we have to show so far is a knock against South Africa in a lost match and scoring more runs than Babar against Bangladesh.

He has some amazing 200SR knocks but if we apply the same logic that you guys do for Pakistani batsmen ( world cup crunch games only, no bilateral series, no domestic cricket) then all we have to show so far is a knock against South Africa in a lost match and scoring more runs than Babar against Bangladesh.
Fair but he doesn't avg 17 in a world cup either

I mean if it makes you happy that Sky is better than Babar I won't try to steal your thunder. It's entirely unrelated to the thread because he can be better than Babar and still be overrated.

Sky hasn't hit sixes against top teams either in a world cup lol but we can give him the smashed South Africa in the group stage trophy to keep you happy.
You are the one who called sky an IPL bully, when he had a much better t20 wc than babar.

Sky isn't overrated because everyone knows he's a t20 hack, no one rates him in other formats.

His 68 was a very good innings against a top class pace attack in alien conditions when every other indian batter crumbled.

I mean if it makes you happy that Sky is better than Babar I won't try to steal your thunder
You are not doing any charity by admitting this

Babar and Rizwan combined are not better than SKY alone. You need to watch cricket to understand this.

No, according to him sky is overrated because he bashed minnows in a wc (despite his top class 68 vs sa) but babar is class even he averaged 17 in that wc at a sub 100 strike rate
If you want my genuine opinion, Sky is a weak link for Indian team in odi and test formats and he proved that during the World cup cause he was a poor replacement for the injured pandya in general. So imo he is defo overrated

BUT

He's a t20 hack but a very very very good t20 hack, and someone like Sky is what Pakistan needs.

I'd rather have a hack who can strike at 170 to 200 and single handidely win every 1 in 4 games rather then a hack like rizwan who has made it his life long goal that onside shots are simply not possible for him.

It's why many true pakistani fans are advocating haris > Rizwan in t20

You are not doing any charity by admitting this

Babar and Rizwan combined are not better than SKY alone. You need to watch cricket to understand this.

How is it relevant to the topic?

Babar has scored a crucial score in an ICC knockout. Based on your watching of cricket, when has SKY done this in recent times?

He has bashed as many minnows as Babar and Rizwan have, and he has bashed as many b/c sides, although he has bashed them more fiercely.

The difference is Sky has done zilch in other formats too.

If you are saying that all of them are overrated and overhyped then that is relevant to the topic I guess.

Bro all I'm saying is

Sky > Babar and rizwan in t20

Babar and rizwan > Sky in odi and test.
The thread isn't a babar v sky comparison. Although it has went this way due to posters getting triggered and bashing Pakistan.

It is "is SKY overrated".

So far this has triggered responses and meltdowns such as :
"Pakistan is a medicore nation"
"Rizwan and Babar are rubbish"
"Random stuff about Misbah"

Sticking solely to the topic do you think SKY is overrated or no?

The thread isn't a babar v sky comparison. Although it has went this way due to posters getting triggered and bashing Pakistan.

All the time I see Indians hype up about Surya this Surya that. Sky is gonna do this.

3 matches against us, and he has done nothing.

"Indians tell us how he is the true no.1, not Babar or Rizwan, we are yet to see Surya to do anything against us."
the above and the bold line is taken from the original opening post why is babar or rizwan even mentioned?

it could have been left to the following

"All the time I see Indians hype up about Surya this Surya that. Sky is gonna do this.

3 matches against us, and he has done nothing."

nobody is triggered, posters are just posting to why they think sky is the true no.1 batsmen and not rizwan or babar

I think the only ones triggered by the harsh responses are the hardcore Babar+Rizwan T20 fans. Yes, the title of the thread asks the question as to whether SKY is overrated or not? But the OP states:
Indians tell us how he is the true no.1, not Babar or Rizwan, we are yet to see Surya to do anything against us.

Hence, the original narrative of the harsh responses in this thread are generated as a response to this line by the OP.

1. It’s not just ‘Indians’ who claim SKY is the True number 1 in T20 cricket….it’s the World Cricket fans who are convinced he is indeed the number 1 T20 batsman in the world. Him being ranked number 1 in the ICC rankings in the era of franchise cricket dominating the international calendar is highly essential too. This is because there are clearly some very mediocre batsmen that have been allowed to accumulate ranking points on the behest of under strength, under par international sides. SKY’s skill and ability as a batsman has been on show for everyone to see, against the best bowlers of world cricket in IPL and also for India. Maintaining a Strike Rate of 171 at an average of 45 is a testament to his ability and skill. He is an exquisite player of pace and spin, and is capable of executing his immense skill as a middle order batsman than doesn’t get the advantage of a powerplay with only 2 fielders outside the 30 years circle. Hence, SKY’s number 1 ranking is highly important to somehow bring back some legitimacy to the ICC rankings. The right kind of player at the top of the world rankings. There is no one that will question the rankings with him at the top. He isn’t the one making the rankings not look like a credible means to judge the true caliber of a player, the two players from Pakistan on the other hand most definitely do make the ranking system not look credible.

2. The OP feels the need to single out Indian fans, analysts and cricket experts in this thread. That’s also a terrible generalisation on his behalf. As such, there are ARDENT PAKISTAN FANS who have been claiming since 2021 that Babar and Rizwan are overrated! I being one of them, is of the opinion that the Indian fans feel the need to compare their players with the certified T20 juggernauts of Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand. Pakistan cricket team and it’s players do not fall in the category of having their batsmen being compared with Indian batsmen because India have left Pakistan behind a long time ago when it came to understanding modern batting requirements in order to compete at the world stage. SKY’s competition right now isn’t to somehow prove Babar and Rizwan are overrated, nobody has time for this minuscule comparison. SKY is directly competing with World Cricket’s game changers such as Heinrich Klaasen, Andre Russell, Liam Livingstone, Glenn Phillips, Tristan Stubbs, Nicholas Pooran, Shimron Hetmyer… these are the types of players that Sky is in discussion with, because it’s these types of players who dare to be the best and win.

3. The reason why the OP’s question is being met with harsh responses towards Pakistan cricket, Misbah ul Haq, Babar and Rizwan in particular is because the OP himself triggered this by mentioning their names in his original post. The OP is a well known Misbah ul Haq apologist, and has gone on record many times to defend Babar and Rizwan’s opening combination numerous times knowing that this was a construct of Misbah ul Haq. How can you blame the people dragging their names through the mud in this debate when it is the OP who opened the gate for this?

the above and the bold line is taken from the original opening post why is babar or rizwan even mentioned?

it could have been left to the following

nobody is triggered, posters are just posting to why they think sky is the true no.1 batsmen and not rizwan or babar
You are actually right and I am in the wrong here. I didn't pay too much attention to the OP and caught the discussion midway
My bad.

You are actually right and I am in the wrong here. I didn't pay too much attention to the OP and caught the discussion midway
My bad.
The op tried to play it clever without the mention of rizwan and babar this thread would have not been 11 pages long...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only ones triggered by the harsh responses are the hardcore Babar+Rizwan T20 fans. Yes, the title of the thread asks the question as to whether SKY is overrated or not? But the OP states:

Hence, the original narrative of the harsh responses in this thread are generated as a response to this line by the OP.

1. It’s not just ‘Indians’ who claim SKY is the True number 1 in T20 cricket….it’s the World Cricket fans who are convinced he is indeed the number 1 T20 batsman in the world. Him being ranked number 1 in the ICC rankings in the era of franchise cricket dominating the international calendar is highly essential too. This is because there are clearly some very mediocre batsmen that have been allowed to accumulate ranking points on the behest of under strength, under par international sides. SKY’s skill and ability as a batsman has been on show for everyone to see, against the best bowlers of world cricket in IPL and also for India. Maintaining a Strike Rate of 171 at an average of 45 is a testament to his ability and skill. He is an exquisite player of pace and spin, and is capable of executing his immense skill as a middle order batsman than doesn’t get the advantage of a powerplay with only 2 fielders outside the 30 years circle. Hence, SKY’s number 1 ranking is highly important to somehow bring back some legitimacy to the ICC rankings. The right kind of player at the top of the world rankings. There is no one that will question the rankings with him at the top. He isn’t the one making the rankings not look like a credible means to judge the true caliber of a player, the two players from Pakistan on the other hand most definitely do make the ranking system not look credible.

2. The OP feels the need to single out Indian fans, analysts and cricket experts in this thread. That’s also a terrible generalisation on his behalf. As such, there are ARDENT PAKISTAN FANS who have been claiming since 2021 that Babar and Rizwan are overrated! I being one of them, is of the opinion that the Indian fans feel the need to compare their players with the certified T20 juggernauts of Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand. Pakistan cricket team and it’s players do not fall in the category of having their batsmen being compared with Indian batsmen because India have left Pakistan behind a long time ago when it came to understanding modern batting requirements in order to compete at the world stage. SKY’s competition right now isn’t to somehow prove Babar and Rizwan are overrated, nobody has time for this minuscule comparison. SKY is directly competing with World Cricket’s game changers such as Heinrich Klaasen, Andre Russell, Liam Livingstone, Glenn Phillips, Tristan Stubbs, Nicholas Pooran, Shimron Hetmyer… these are the types of players that Sky is in discussion with, because it’s these types of players who dare to be the best and win.

3. The reason why the OP’s question is being met with harsh responses towards Pakistan cricket, Misbah ul Haq, Babar and Rizwan in particular is because the OP himself triggered this by mentioning their names in his original post. The OP is a well known Misbah ul Haq apologist, and has gone on record many times to defend Babar and Rizwan’s opening combination numerous times knowing that this was a construct of Misbah ul Haq. How can you blame the people dragging their names through the mud in this debate when it is the OP who opened the gate for this?
This thread's sole intention was to bas swashbucklers and portray Misbah's school of cricket in a favorable light. The OP chose Suryakumar for the discussion, with an intention of turning it into another India vs Pakistan debate as it would attract some support for his agenda.

This thread's sole intention was to bas swashbucklers and portray Misbah's school of cricket in a favorable light. The OP chose Suryakumar for the discussion, with an intention of turning it into another India vs Pakistan debate as it would attract some support for his agenda.
it turned out to be a major vs india & pakistan xi :D

I've already agrees that Sky is overrated going into detail as to why I think he's the weakest link in India.

But the word overrated is subjective. To claim someone is underrated or overrated you need to form a comparison with others.

Sky is overrated compared to the rest of the world, pakistani standards? Nope.

Also FYI, the OP by major outright compared SKY to babar and rizwan, just to let you know, Read what major wrote.

Fifty up for SKY against KKR today but things still looking bleak for MI. Can SKY get the over the line today?

Back