Is Wahab Riaz a bad bowler?

So is this the end of Riaz's career ? Since the 2 new ball rule he has been averaging close to 60 with and economy of over 6.

Or do you think he will get a chance in the t20s

Personally speaking I hope this is it for him. Though I'd rather him than Sohail tanvir in the t20s.

Was Awful and is still awful. His batting is nothing to write home about also.

Awful indeed. We don't really need him and should have played an extra batsman but if you really wanted another pacer Junaid >>>>>> Wahab. Really stupid move by management to keep playing him...

Hopefully this will be the last I see of this guy. This may well be the final nail in his coffin

Fingers crossed

He bowls to the left, he bowls to the right...

He has to be dropped for Sohaib Maqsood now please

JibranAnsari = Grumpy cat.

He's nothing special, but the best pacer available at the moment which admittedly says a lot about the fast bowling (lack of) talent we have atm.

^I have seen enough of you to know that you support mediocre players and diss the performers.

He is not awful. He is just an average bowler who can be good once every few games.

He gt hit for 22 in that 19th over, but he did not look like he was trying. LL has already seemed to have resigned.

His control has improved massively, earlier he didn't hav any control and was always expensive.

So is this the end of Riaz's career ? Since the 2 new ball rule he has been averaging close to 60 with and economy of over 6.

Or do you think he will get a chance in the t20s

Personally speaking I hope this is it for him. Though I'd rather him than Sohail tanvir in the t20s.

You're wrong again and again! Msn up and admit it

Awful indeed. We don't really need him and should have played an extra batsman but if you really wanted another pacer Junaid >>>>>> Wahab. Really stupid move by management to keep playing him...
So you've always have had a vendetta against Wahab?

So you've always have had a vendetta against Wahab?

He was poor in the past and there's no doubt about it. He's improved massively recently and he deserves credit for that. Just hoping he stays this way..

The mohali semi final perfomance and this quater final performance tells you wahab is the main man in big games... Hopefully he now gets confidence from this for the future.

I always disliked him for his behaviour during the spot fixing stuff and his closeness to the scumbag salman butt. But he won me over slightly after mobali and now in this world cup he has been our most threatening bowler.

Maybe if amir comes back he can forge a good partneship with him

Wahab has been excellent this world cup.

I have been pleasantly proven wrong here and I take my hat off to him.

Alberto was the sole supporter from day one, while we jumped on the bandwagon later on. Must be thrilled.

Always been a wahab fan and am sure the haters are eating humble pie after this world cup

Proven me wrong a 100%

never thought he would recover after the 2 new ball rule

Leader of the attack without question

Another Todl you so .

Iam one of the few guys who has consistently supported him . Happy to see him peform the way I always thot he could .

I just hope this wasn't a flash in the pan performance. Aus/NZ conditions helping him out and stuff. I'd love to see him improve rather than regress to his earlier awful form.

From a below average spray gun to the leader of the pack. What a turn over For Wahab's career just inside 6 months.
What a bowler he've turned on to be. :akhtar

Wonderful bowler. Always been a fan, but I always seemed to catch him when he was actually bowling well. I'm aware he has served up quite a lot of crap in the past.

Wahab Riaz is a very kind and generous human being

He loves dishing out jalebi to the batsmen

75215826556fae1d6db7cd615ecf1b1d.jpg

Lol his bowling is beyond trash, there's no wicket taking deliveries in his spells as of late and he is like 31 years old and is showing no signs of improvement.

Very poor bowler. He mostly plays for the opposition. Pakistan should realize this and drop him for good.

Everyone knows he only gets selected due to nepotism and Lahore lobby - nothing else !!

Where is [MENTION=129948]Bilal7[/MENTION] and [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] who were vouching this 'turns up in ICC events' Riaz earlier ???

Pathetic piece of ............ Garbage this useless individual

People are too harsh on him. I for once would rather have an aggressive 150 kph phaast
bowler steaming in than some rubbish trundler who only takes wickets and keeps it tight.
Can't you see how scared the Indians are?

Everyone knows he only gets selected due to nepotism and Lahore lobby - nothing else !!

Where is [MENTION=129948]Bilal7[/MENTION] and [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] who were vouching this 'turns up in ICC events' Riaz earlier ???

I think you are mistaken. [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]'s distaste for Wahab is legendary.

really can't blame Wahab at this point... not his fault that the crook Inzamam keeps selecting him. Wahab should've been dropped over a year ago

Lagta hai sathya gai ho. I was adamant that the myth that Wahab is a big match player is going to bust soon.

Where is [MENTION=129948]Bilal7[/MENTION] who always bigs up this rubbish bowler?

I didn't watch Riaz bowl a single ball today so I will refrain from commenting. His figures are terrible though but it's not like Hassan Ali's figures are much better. Not playing Junaid Khan was a big mistake.

Lagta hai sathya gai ho. I was adamant that the myth that Wahab is a big match player is going to bust soon.

:))) Gotta love the Urdu language.

I didn't watch Riaz bowl a single ball today so I will refrain from commenting. His figures are terrible though but it's not like Hassan Ali's figures are much better. Not playing Junaid Khan was a big mistake.

Don't even think about it. Hasan was great for most of his overs, but lost it at the end. Wahab was garbage throughout.

Tempers are high at the moment. Be glad you missed the embarrassment. :))

Been living off that 5-fer vs India in the World Cup. Too inconsistent. All over the shop today, conceded extras, bowled short, wide and bowled leg-side of the batsmen. Terrible performance.

That's from March 2012 - he's still living off that 2011 WC performance v India !

Been a regular in internationals and still as wayward and expensive as ever.

Hasan Ali didn't come off today, but I still like him as a bowler, he's a lot smarter than Wahab and has a great temperament. He should have been given the new ball ahead of the part time spinner.

Hasan Ali didn't come off today, but I still like him as a bowler, he's a lot smarter than Wahab and has a great temperament. He should have been given the new ball ahead of the part time spinner.

That's true, but based on today, I saw some wisdom in the assessment that he is too short for a fast bowler. When he was being targeted at the end, he was not able to bowl a length that was outside the hitting arc of their batsman. Just doesn't bowl enough good-length deliveries.

I don't know what all the fuss is all about, he bowled very well. Also don't forget the match winning spell against Australia. Won us the 2015 World Cup. I think we should persist him till 2019 world cup

Back