Is Wahab Riaz a bad bowler?

I told you he is our weapon for CT!I feel like Mohammed Ali as I told you!

See how the haters changed tone.This was Riaz at his best!
Well yah but every pacer was good today.

And Asad Ali was still better than him as good as Riaz was.

Seems to make sense to pick Asad now.

Wait, I'd still have Asad Ali though.

The boy knows how to control one end and not smear the ball around.

Asad gives me the confidence Wahab doesn't.

True, but his bowling, even today was up and down and it's the inconsistency he still posesses that is the main issue.

See how the haters changed tone.This was Riaz at his best!

:facepalm:
I don't think anyone here is a hater. We all want Wahab to do well if he is picked.
Anyway Asad also took identical figures and looked like a good bowler too. We should go for Asad as Junaid and Irfan are left-armers too and Asad gives some variety. Plus Riaz is too inconsistent.

:facepalm:
I don't think anyone here is a hater. We all want Wahab to do well if he is picked.
Anyway Asad also took identical figures and looked like a good bowler too. We should go for Asad as Junaid and Irfan are left-armers too and Asad gives some variety. Plus Riaz is too inconsistent.
Asad actually did better even if it was by 0.33 economy. Asad gave about 3 runs less away than Riaz (if both had bowled 10 overs).

Asad's bowled well two games on the trot. Riaz has bowled one good game in yonks. So kind of need more than one game to prove Riaz is going to perform consistently if picked (again agreeing with you).

I preferred Asad on the day even vs SA. Looked more impressive IMO. And unlike Riaz, think he suits these conditions more. He's able to bowl with new and old ball as well as being a right armer (as you said). Just gives us more variety in our attack.

I'm still not convinced Riaz is anything by a 10-15 average bat. Two decent scores with the bat don't change that. Remember being impressed with him with the bat in UAE against SA. But we didn't see that sort of hitting again for a long time. Facts are the guy still averages 13 or so. If we're gonna pick a bowler for his batting ability, I'd kind of like them to average at least 20 at a good SR.

Riaz is undergoing a resurgence which is important.He is a clutch player with bat and ball!

Perfect situation for wahab to show his "x factor" that people keep raving about

Lets see how he goes

For the nations sake I hope it amounts to something positive

Generating a lot of pace is wahab.... almost 148K is his highest so far i think

Benefits of a session with Waseem... clearly show.

I hope he gets Pakistan some key visits today.

yup alberto... must say wahab has been brilliant today! using his brain lately, even though he can't swing.

Ill give credit where it's due, he has definitely worked on his line and length. I still have serious issues with him, I reckon he was selected becuse of his slogging, but I want pak to win which means he has to do well

WOW!!! that is some pace he is generating.

almost 150K at the throats of the batsmen

2nd Spell.... really praying he gets a reward of his hard work and gets some wickets for Pakistan.

I have also been his big fan...for years. Check my previous posts.

He doesn't need to swing it. Quick and nasty.

Give a guy a run over a long period and he will deliver.

If pak can score decently this attack is brilliant.

Been probably his biggest supporter on here and today showed why. Nasty mean pace.

Fastest bowler in the world.

Congrats Alberto for sticking with Wahab. I'm not a supporter but hopefully for Pakistan he does well.

He was excellent today and bowled like we all hoped he can. Hopefully he can continue this and not go back to the pie thrower he can be.

He was excellent today and bowled like we all hoped he can. Hopefully he can continue this and not go back to the pie thrower he can be.

Its because he has finally been persisted with and given a consistent run which is great. After a poor series in SA it was looking as if he'd be dropped but thank God the selectors persisted with him. Since he's been in UK he's been superb and that's the confidence factor.

Wahab is an extremley talented bowler and pretty much depends on rythme probably more so then most other bowlers. Hes shown in warm up game v S.A and today v W.I that when he does get things right hes a handful for most batsmen, hopefully he will continue to perform postively for pakistan.

He never bowls any ball without effort, I always had him in my list of most talented bowlers, never sed a word against him cuz he has the talent.

Did bowl well this game. But Windies are not exactly the opposition to judge quality of the bowling. Lets hope he repeats this against the Saffers and Indians.

Did bowl well this game. But Windies are not exactly the opposition to judge quality of the bowling. Lets hope he repeats this against the Saffers and Indians.

Gayle, Samuels, Sarwan etc are class. Sa not the same without smith and kallis.

Gayle, Samuels, Sarwan etc are class. Sa not the same without smith and kallis.

Sarwan after comeback looks like a flailing fish against pace. Got owned in Oz. Gayle is inconsistent as hell. Samuels I can concur. I did say he bowled well. But Saffas have Amla, ABDV, Faf, Ingram and Robin Peterson(the dark horse). A far superior lineup.

Yes: but I only fear amla and Ab. To be honest i didn't think we would win today and thought that we would win v sa and India. Hope I'm right!

The sensible posters on this website keep on saying these things, yet its the plastics that focus on the wrong players. Let me make this clear.

wahab is better than Umar Gul, and its pretty clear by now.

great talent but lack of consistent line and length and at times just brutal erraticness in bowling accuracy has resulted in his downfull.

on his day when he gets his rhythm right he is more than a handful. unfortunately that day is usually once or twice a year.

also rarely gets swing. but when he does it really does swing. its really all or nothing from wahab but again its usually nothing and rarely all

last game he was nothing short of amazing. hope he continues the form, seems that Wasim finally corrected his issues with control.

The sensible posters on this website keep on saying these things, yet its the plastics that focus on the wrong players. Let me make this clear.

wahab is better than Umar Gul, and its pretty clear by now.

I concur!

He needs to just continue what he did against WI to SA.He is top at bowling back of a length.He should do it more often to get nicks.

He's not a poor bowler, he's talented and has genuine pace he can just be quite inconsistent at times.

I've seen him bowl live twice now and the guys got real pace, especially last Friday at the oval he worked up a real head of steam one of the best bowling spells I've seen live at the ground in terms of pace, a joy to watch.

If he can become more consistent he could become a permanent feature in the side with his fielding and batting.

Re: Is Wahab Riaz an Awful Bowler?

Couldn't defend 15 runs against two tailenders :))) :))) :)))

Dreadful bowling by an immensely over rated bowler. I pity his supporters.

Re: Is Wahab Riaz an Awful Bowler?

Throw this garbage bowler out. Absolutely garbage bowler.

BUMP

Discuss all the post match action here now after this tie...

Our dear alberto will come up with some good arguments as always to protect wahab...

As awful as that over was, it was Umar Akmal that messed it up. If he could catch then Holder would have been run out.

As awful as that over was, it was Umar Akmal that messed it up. If he could catch then Holder would have been run out.

You can't blame a batsman for being a poor wicketkeeper. He shouldn't be doing the job in the first place.

Is Wahab Riaz an Awful Bowler?

Another Sami in the making.

However bad Sami was/is he was a damn sight better ODI bowler then Wahab! When on form Sami was 7 or 8kmh faster and actually could swing the ball away to the right handers. Wahab is a straight up and down bowler who have very little control over length and line.

rubbish bowler.. cant bowl yorkers and cant swing.... his pace isnt 170 kph so he is nothing... asad ali atleast was bowling consistent yorkers.

Back