Is Wahab Riaz a bad bowler?

SnS,you can't be serious! After his inning against Ireland, he is a must!

SnS,you can't be serious! After his inning against Ireland, he is a must!

Not really. His usefulness is an illusion. Much like Afridi's current 'match-winning' abilities.
It's all brought about by our poor batting lineup.

In ODI's, you need to bat till 9 as you need batting depth.Even SA who don't need extra batsman as they have AB and Amla but still do.So Pakistan should take a leaf from their actions and learn!

In ODI's, you need to bat till 9 as you need batting depth.Even SA who don't need extra batsman as they have AB and Amla but still do.So Pakistan should take a leaf from their actions and learn!

Now that Riaz does not have any bowling credentials, you are slowly turning to his batting (which is not what he is by the way). Please tell me he pays you to do his promotion on PP :yk

Wahab Riaz fans are turning into Afridiites. Can't decide if he's there for bowling or batting

Or Akmal fans.

Really pathetic how they justify ones inability to master the main skill-set he's in the team for.

Wahab Riaz is blessed with raw ability.He can take a wicket against the run of play.He is needed to provide a spark to our attack! Remember,Speed matters and it kills!

Wahab Riaz is blessed with raw ability.He can take a wicket against the run of play.He is needed to provide a spark to our attack! Remember,Speed matters and it kills!

Cool, pick Sami, he has better stats and more speed

okay, I hope you remember the likes of Shaun Tait and Sami, Wahab is in that mould, all speed, zero control. and that is recipe for disaster, the ball travels to the boundary twice the speed as it was delivered.

okay, I hope you remember the likes of Shaun Tait and Sami, Wahab is in that mould, all speed, zero control. and that is recipe for disaster, the ball travels to the boundary twice the speed as it was delivered.

Both those guys are genuine fast bowlers

Riaz isn't

Riaz is one of main men in CT13.He is in better form than our openers!

Riaz is one of main men in CT13.He is in better form than our openers!

Errr, so?
Even Junaid, Asad and Irfan are in better form than our openers
They're also in better form than Wahab so they should get preference, don't you think?

I think Junaid and Irfan are pretty much sure starters
Asad and Wahab will be the main contenders for the third bowling spot so both should play the warm-up tomorrow.

Lets see but if the decks remain flat, pace is needed to knock over batsmen. Lets see how it goes.

He is in form so he should be picked!SA are a massive game and it's time to perform!

Well the pitches so far have been flat...I dont think Wahab will get a lot form the surface if that's what you are aiming for berto.

I don't think he gets alot from any surfaces, let alone flat ones.

u need to have a seam position for help from surface....Ajanta mendis has a better technical advancement of swinging the ball with a seam up than Mr.Got99runswiththeballproblemaintone

Last edited:
Riaz is actually good. Much better than Gul I must say. The problem with Riaz is that he's always in and out of the team and that's why he can be pretty bad with the ball but he has the talent.

:wahab Riaz is aggressive. Plays with some attitude. Has the ingredients to do well. Give him a run.

Riaz is actually good. Much better than Gul I must say. The problem with Riaz is that he's always in and out of the team and that's why he can be pretty bad with the ball but he has the talent.

Hit the nail on the head!

Hit the nail on the head!

even :junaid used to be in and out of the team, but he never bowled as bad as wahab for his entire life. fanboys should accept it, specially when Wasim, Waqar and Pollock (all greats) have said that wahab has no future in international cricket.

even :junaid used to be in and out of the team, but he never bowled as bad as wahab for his entire life. fanboys should accept it, specially when Wasim, Waqar and Pollock (all greats) have said that wahab has no future in international cricket.

they said that? :(

At least JK used to be a regular in Tests.Wahab needs games and he will do the nation proud! He adds spice to our attack!

they said that? :(

They haven't said that.

Wasim Akram has also said 'I like this boy Wahab, he runs in all day and can bowl you 20 overs in a test match per day. He's fit and strong'

Also, this thread won't really help Wahab's confidence much will it? Instead you should back him instead of calling him awful.

They haven't said that.

Wasim Akram has also said 'I like this boy Wahab, he runs in all day and can bowl you 20 overs in a test match per day. He's fit and strong'

Also, this thread won't really help Wahab's confidence much will it? Instead you should back him instead of calling him awful.

I mistakenly wrote said, wasim waqar and pollock have given up on wahab, many posters have said this before. and wasim probably said that while commentating on a test match, i'm sure.

Last edited:
Nobody has said he doesn't have a future. He's an aggressive quick: he can make breakthroughs when the batsmen are said. I'd rather face Irfan, junaid and Asad than irfan, Junaid and Wahab.

They haven't said that.

yeah he is built like a horse that's for sure. i think riaz will get better as time progresses. fingers crossed.

technically yes, they have given up on wahab. he never learns (apparently), just like :sami.

What do you mean technically? They either said it or did not.You can't quote people wrong or else they will file a lawsuit! You are confused as then later you say:"I mistakenly wrote said"! Make up your mind,Hamza!

What do you mean technically? They either said it or did not.You can't quote people wrong or else they will file a lawsuit! You are confused as then later you say:"I mistakenly wrote said"! Make up your mind,Hamza!

dude I am not confused, they have given up on him. mistakes happen you know, not everybody is as perfect as you or your crush Wahab.

Every other team would love to have Wahab in odis. Sa would prefer him to tsotsobe. England would like his variety. Australia would like him too in odis.

Some Pakistani "fans" often lack the ability to understand game situations and like revolving doors of players and don't understand continuity.

dude I am not confused, they have given up on him. mistakes happen you know, not everybody is as perfect as you or your crush Wahab.

As long as he doesn't give up I don't care.

People should give the guy a run rather than sporadic games here and there.

He can be very erratic but if he bowls from around the wicket he will be a handful.

As long as he doesn't give up I don't care.

People should give the guy a run rather than sporadic games here and there.

He can be very erratic but if he bowls from around the wicket he will be a handful.

well your username sure cares :yk
seriously speaking the guy should honestly be tried in test cricket but thats about it, LO's for him don't make much sense to me specially seeing performances after 2 new ball rule.

Every other team would love to have Wahab in odis. Sa would prefer him to tsotsobe. England would like his variety. Australia would like him too in odis.

Some Pakistani "fans" often lack the ability to understand game situations and like revolving doors of players and don't understand continuity.

Your last paragraph sums what it all and also what is wrong with Pakistani mentality!

This is what you said,Einstein! Get the bulb switched on in your head!

This is what you said,Einstein! Get the bulb switched on in your head!

said it before say it again, human beings make mistakes unlike you and your crush Wahab. anyway, I am off this thread. see you when wahab is spanked for another 100 runs in the next ODI. (i'm all for his inclusion in tests)

Last edited:
Wahab has recovered and will be our weapon!
Wahab could become good again. He has potential.

But that doesn't take away the fact he's been bad ever since the world cup. Surely you see that. Even if he's not been given inconsistent chances, you'd think he'd still have done better than he has.

Something is not working. Riaz was excellent all and including up to the semi. Used to be guaranteed a couple of wickets every game pretty much he was that good at taking wickets (and though economy was never the best, was decent).

What's you're take on the reason why he isn't doing well? Poor Captaincy? And why do you think he will start becoming good soon?

You don't seem to admit much that Riaz is bowling badly. The guy is nothing on what he used to be up to and including the World Cup. Totally different player.

Wahab could become good again. He has potential.

But that doesn't take away the fact he's been bad ever since the world cup. Surely you see that. Even if he's not been given inconsistent chances, you'd think he'd still have done better than he has.

Something is not working. Riaz was excellent all and including up to the semi. Used to be guaranteed a couple of wickets every game pretty much he was that good at taking wickets (and though economy was never the best, was decent).

What's you're take on the reason why he isn't doing well? Poor Captaincy? And why do you think he will start becoming good soon?

You don't seem to admit much that Riaz is bowling badly. The guy is nothing on what he used to be up to and including the World Cup. Totally different player.

That's a very good point. Think it's because of the two new- ball rule

Wahab Riaz
(2008-2011)

image_zpsa9c0de12.jpg

(2012 onwards)
NB: 3 of those wickets were vs Afghanistan and Ireland
Against top quality opposition he has just picked up 2 wickets in 5 games
Alberto has no right to criticize Gul on his recent stats after watching this:

image_zpsfe85363a.jpg

He had a really decent bowling avg before 2012 but his performances after 2012 have caused his figures to become worse
Reason: Over-reliance on reverse-swing and hence not effective with the old ball

That's a very good point. Think it's because of the two new- ball rule

Wahab Riaz
(2008-2011)

(2012 onwards)
NB: 3 of those wickets were vs Afghanistan and Ireland
Against top quality opposition he has just picked up 2 wickets in 5 games
Alberto has no right to criticize Gul on his recent stats after watching this:

He had a really decent bowling avg before 2012 but his performances after 2012 have caused his figures to become worse
Reason: Over-reliance on reverse-swing and hence not effective with the old ball
Well most people say this, and yeah I think it's a factor. But even then think Riaz is bowling way too many poor balls then he used to. It's not just he's become less effective picking up wickets, he's bowling a heck of a lot more tripe than he used to (which would be hit regardless of ball condition).

But it's the point I'm kinda trying to make to Alberto. Alberto hypes him every time, and he fails pretty much every time since the world cup. I can't even remember a decent game since then. And the WC was more than 2 years ago. He's not giving much for people to include him in. Even if he's not getting as many consistent chances (though that's partly due to him bowling so badly).

If there are guys who will perform from the word go, i.e. the next game, that'd be better than having Riaz in the side. We just don't know how long it will take for him to "return to form" or ever. And Alberto's hyping him based on WC and before that. He wouldn't be hyping him let's say if Riaz had only started playing after the WC.

I maintain Riaz was very underrated up to and during the WC. You don't average 23 being mediocre. But he's bowling rubbish now. And his competition isn't Gul here, it's Asad Ali who has the quality that Riaz seems to be lacking in spades at the moment, control.

Asad's been the last guy to get a turn. And the way he bowled against Ireland, he would have troubled better sides for sure. He waited his turn and delivered in the chance given. If Asad then goes on to have another good game (against a stronger side) the debate at least for the Champions Trophy should be closed and Asad should be chosen for the rest of the tournament. As Riaz hasn't had a good game in 2 years or so, and eshan has looked terrible too.

Last edited:
Wasim stated during the World Cup that riaz's wrist position is compltely wrong and this far into his career he can't change it . He stated during the Asia cup I think of how he tried to help riaz but it wasn't working out

Waqar after he stepped down from being Coach was flamed here in PP for saying juanid would become a far better player than riaz. He said that junaid wants to learn and he works hard while riaz is hesitant to change for the better. I remember the hate waqar got on the forum , people saying "how will the trundler be better". He was spot on wasn't he

During the SA series Haysman asked pollock what he thought about the pak pacers. This isn't word for word but the response was basically " Very impressed with juanid, he has all the ingredients I think he will go a long way, irfan while will always be effective and riaz. Well he just doesn't do anything with the ball, it comes out gun barrel straight. No line or length and he just can't move the ball "

Last edited:
Wasim stated during the World Cup that riaz's wrist position is compltely wrong and this far into his career he can't change it . He stated during the Asia cup I think of how he tried to help riaz but it wasn't working out

Waqar after he stepped down from being Coach was flamed here in PP for saying juanid would become a far better player than riaz. He said that junaid wants to learn and he works hard while riaz is hesitant to change for the better. I remember the hate waqar got on the forum , people saying "how will the trundler be better". He was spot on wasn't he

During the SA series Haysman asked pollock what he thought about the pak pacers. This isn't word for word but the response was basically " Very impressed with juanid, he has all the ingredients I think he will go a long way, irfan while will always be effective and riaz. Well he just doesn't do anything with the ball, it comes out gun barrel straight. No line or length and he just can't move the ball "
see mr. alberto, I wasn't wrong after all.

He is the master of releasing pressure from the opposition.

Him and Morkel are the dream bowlers to face when you are struggling to put bat on ball.

A boundary every over and a free hit too.

No excuse for riaz now . 4 wickets down 2 paced pitch . No amla , no AB

Yet as I write this starts off with a 4 and a no ball

Thumped the hack Miller on his head :akhtar

At least he is showing some aggression :kapil

Now alberto before you use the fact he hit miller on the head to justify Riaz's sainthood in cricket let me post a picture of a person you love who did the same thing to Miller

david-miller_2364291b.jpg

It was jackman who said his jury is still out on him. He said he has very thing but seems to bowl it gun barrel straight

He was good today but consistency is an issue. Hope he improves even further. Could become a decent bowling all-rounder for Pakistan

He's bowled 1 or two really good deliveries but those have been overlapped by short and wide balls that have taken wickets :))

But he has taken 3 wickets thus far.

Wasim mentioned how Wahab has to learn quickly and is surprised he hasn't done so after being a experienced bowler.

Said he liked Asad Ali alot because he has control over his bowling.

Paraphrasing.

Back