Kent v Pakistan | Kent | June 28 - 30 | 3 day tour game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ali Muzaffar said:
that pitch was a green top pitch nd what did he do in the 2nd innings and the t20 world cup??

He did bowl badly in the t20 world cup in the group match against australia. david hussey hit 26 runs of 1 of his overs. I still think he has it in him to be a test bowler not odi or t20

Ali Muzaffar said:
that pitch was a green top pitch nd what did he do in the 2nd innings and the t20 world cup??

That was the t20 world cup, I'm talking about TEST cricket.

SuperSixer90 said:
Come on bro, spill the beans already, how much money you need to come forward lol :))) :)))
i can unsure you that he has atleast dropped one catch thus far... :)))

Looking at the score, Joe Denly, a player who isn't even selected by England has single handedly toyed with Gul, Riaz and Abdur Rehman in both innings.

*syed59* said:
Looking at the score, Joe Denly, a player who isn't even selected by England has single handedly toyed with Gul, Riaz and Abdur Rehman in both innings.
he has played for England
and jst look at the first inns score too
Pak r not giving any effort

SuperSixer90 said:
That's a good point. But sami is a far improved bowler, if you saw the recent tour to Australia.
Nope, he's still crap. Still not fit to lace Gul's sneakers. In the Australian tour, he was supremely crap apart from that fluke 3-for on a raging green top and even in that game, Gul had better returns than him.

mindless slogging said:
Just looked at the scorecard.

We're getting owned here by guys making their FC debuts.

did you see who was bowling? Gul just bowled 4 overs and Aamer only 3.

Point to note.....the only decent batsmen in Kent's 3rd team playing today....Joe Denley....and he has got 2 50's in the match......worth remembering.

Zedman said:
Point to note.....the only decent batsmen in Kent's 3rd team playing today....Joe Denley....and he has got 2 50's in the match......worth remembering.

Question to England watchers. Who from this county team is most like to play against Pakistan?

Zedman said:

Also worth remembering - we were not playing our proper test attack.

No Kaneria or Asif. Might as well add that in.

2nd innings only the side bowlers bowled.

kingusama92 said:
Also worth remembering - we were not playing our proper test attack.

No Kaneria or Asif. Might as well add that in.

2nd innings only the side bowlers bowled.

TBH bowling is hardly ever a concern when compared to our batting. Top order is the biggest issue for our team.

ali_ed2006 said:
did you see who was bowling? Gul just bowled 4 overs and Aamer only 3.

It's always good to look at the positives, eh.

Oh, if only there were any! Shaoib Malik outbowled all bowlers barring Aamer in the first innings.

Did you miss that? Or did you miss Gul going at 7+ an over? Maybe that's why he only bowled 4 overs.

mindless slogging said:

Oh, if only there were any! Shaoib Malik outbowled all bowlers barring Aamer in the first innings.

Did you miss that? Or did you miss Gul going at 7+ an over? Maybe that's why he only bowled 4 overs.

Gul is returning after a very long break though?

I'm still concerned by the batting's inability to last the length of the first day. You don't win test matches if you can't bat out a day, no matter how many runs you get. But I guess it was their first day, so that's a bit of an excuse.

Awesome_Username said:
Gul is returning after a very long break though?

Which is why it is more of a concern.

Form, coupled with fitness, issues doesn't bode well with the series against Australia beginning in less than a week!

IM happy with the team performance but a bit sad to see No LALA in 2nd innings aswell. hope he is alrite n doing gud. i wud love to see this team of ours do great against aussie and plz plz get younis in the team then this team will be ful on song inshallah....good match n good results for pakistan...amir batting must have been great to watch. good to see malik getting some wickets but he needs to score big...good to see umer amin n fawad getting some runs.

Good to see Fawad Alam get some runs. Too bad Shoaib Malik has taken his place.

Good to see some batsmen getting their form back. I would worry about the bowling attack if we didn't Mohammad Asif, Danish and Ajmal, along with Amer. Wahab Riaz has to utilize this opportunity properly as he clearly is in place of Irfan, who will be back any time. Overall, it's fine performance by the team.

I am not surprised by Malik especially with his lack of technique, and however, manage to bat comfortably, generate boundaries easily. The only problem has always been his patience, unable to convert to century. I really hope he shows patience for the upcoming Test series because not only he can score 100, and capable to score double century if needed. Only if he improves his impatience, that should be his priority.

For Gods sake i hope Fawad is playing in the tests... i mean wot els does this kid have to improve...its really irritating the arrogance. We know our battin is weak and fragile yet younis khan isnt even in the squad and jus to take the mik they put fawad in the t20 squad and not the test one. Younis Khan not even in the 30 man squad yet batsmen like imran farhat who continually disappoint are never too far from the team.

Now wonder their is so much infighting its coz all the corruption. If your captain how would you feel that a player has only been selected coz of his rich family and other potential players are sidelined coz they're not rich enough.

I hope Younis khan doesn't giv an apology to Ijaz Butt and instead tells him to **** off

mindless slogging said:

Did you miss the fact that Gul was bowling with the new ball which we all know he's weak at anyway? Did you forget we'll have Asif and Aamer with the new bowl?

118813.jpg

Umer gul is wearing Gray-nicolls trouser and Boom Boom Shirt ???

It's a domestic/club game, nobody cares about it there. When you're playing international cricket (when everybody's watching), then yes, you need to wear a certain sponsor's clothes and play with your bat which has your sponsor's logo on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back