Kent v Pakistan | Kent | June 28 - 30 | 3 day tour game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obeid

Local Club Captain
Runs
Hopefully BBC Kent will have radio commentary for the game.

It seems that we'll be playing a T20 side for this tour game, but it shouldn't matter - we'll just make 500 runs in 50 overs less :afridi

.. I'm looking forward to seeing how Afridi bats. Should be interesting.

I want to see Shahzaib play :) But I think they will rather go for Malik. And maybe they will drop Fawad?

Is Fawad even ALLOWED to play? He's only in the squad for Twenty20 matches that Pakistan play while on tour.

its going to be the test team that'll be playing that game, im pretty sure, Amin should be in as well as kaneria imo.

chance for the youngsters to get good practice and get used to english conditions.....

T-20 team will play this 3 day match so let see who afridi selects but my team will be :-

1.Salman Butt
2.Shahzaib Hassan
3.Shoaib Malik
4.Umar Akmal
5.Kamran Akmal
6.Shahid Afridi
7.Abdul Razzak
8.Wahab Riaz
9.Umar Gul
10.Mohammad Aamer
11.Saeed Ajmal

Ayyub said:
T-20 team will play this 3 day match so let see who afridi selects but my team will be :-

1.Salman Butt
2.Shahzaib Hassan
3.Shoaib Malik
4.Umar Akmal
5.Kamran Akmal
6.Shahid Afridi
7.Abdul Razzak
8.Wahab Riaz
9.Umar Gul
10.Mohammad Aamer
11.Saeed Ajmal

Is it confirmed that the T20 team will play this 3 day match? That is stupid! It is the test players who need to know the conditions and a 3 day match can't be played with T20 players. I just don't believe it!

Azhar Mahmood is captaining the Kent side against Pakistan tomorrow. The squad announced is:

Azhar Mahmood (capt)
Denly
Northeast
Blake
Rob Joseph
Paul Dixey (WK)
Shaw
Dewald Nel
Goodman
Hockley
Mark Lawson
Piesley
Coles

Last edited:
Don't read too much into warm up games, historically, our cricketers that perform well in these fail on the actual day.

Why are they going with the T20 squad? At least according to the cricinfo...

They aren't, nobody is dumb enough to go into a 3 day game with a T20 side.

anakwalajinn said:
I want to see Shahzaib play :) But I think they will rather go for Malik. And maybe they will drop Fawad?

They should not play shahzaib he is not in test squad

No matter what happens how our team is selected and all but as soon as it starts no matter if its a side game we all die to wach it and know all about it... so much for skipping matches this summer.

I think Cricinfo has just not bothered to replace the squad from yesterday's T20 list. Wait till the game starts.

Go Kent go however I would love to see destructive performance from U.Akmal , Gul ,Aamer ,Beast and Akhtar.

I hope azhar ali,umer amin,yasir hameed,wahab riaz n tanvir gets a chance. its a practice game and we can afford to try out youngsters and see how they do...especially young bowlers should get a chance aswell as 2 youngster aswell.hopefully we will win and it will be stupid to play 20-20 team in a 3-4 day game.

Any one can confirm whether radio commentary will be available or not?

good if they play t20 side ,that way fawad will get a chance to show his talent and afridi might realise his mistake! !

2 for 0 of two overs - umar amin and Salman Butt opening..

Once again a complete hash up by the PCB - Poor Fawad not in the test squad and yet is playing a three day game???

Team: Butt, Kamran Akmal (W), U Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Amin, Shahid Afridi (C), Alam, Aamer, Rehman, Gul, Riaz

so Fawad Alam who is not selected for the test squad gets to play over Yasir Hameed who is part of that side.This team really boggles my mind. :ibutt

Xoib said:
so Fawad Alam who is not selected for the test squad gets to play over Yasir Hameed who is part of that side.This team really boggles my mind. :ibutt
Same and Umer Amin Opening?

this team selection could look really silly if Alam makes a big score.

Really... I mean Farhat who is most likely to open isn't opening. Then Amin and Hameed, one playing as an opener when he was supposed to be our no3 while the other guy who is brought from the wilderness as a test player only is not even playing.
Fawad Alam ? who is not even in the test squad ? (although im happy for him as if he scores here its gonna be a big slap on whoever decided to leave him from the test squad)

And why is Azhar Ali there if he won't even play a side game? Same old "staying with the team for the whole tour as a 12th man to learn something" backward minded BS.?

*syed59* said:
Really... I mean Farhat who is most likely to open isn't opening. Then Amin and Hameed, one playing as an opener when he was supposed to be our no3 while the other guy who is brought from the wilderness as a test player only is not even playing.
Fawad Alam ? who is not even in the test squad ? (although im happy for him as if he scores here its gonna be a big slap on whoever decided to leave him from the test squad)

And why is Azhar Ali there if he won't even play a side game? Same old "staying with the team for the whole tour as a 12th man to learn something" backward minded BS.?

Lols, the whole thing is a big joke at the moment. Let us just hope Faadi slams a big hundred here and then I am sure he will be dragged into the test squad as well.

half of Kent side is their 2nd XI's hard to look much in to this game I feel.

I am listning to BBC Kent, still nothing about today's match there

Xoib said:
half of Kent side is their 2nd XI's hard to look much in to this game I feel.

Doesn't matter for Pakistan. For them Kent's 2nd team is just like Australia's full team.

I guess its a chance for Fawad to score sum runs and show what the selectors will miss out on come the test series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back