Khuda Ke Liye (In the Name of God) - A Pakistani movie by Shoaib Mansoor

Plasma said:
man i really wana see it... I can't seem to dind is torrent... :12: :12:

dont torrent it, man watch it in cinema. and also id rather prefer the movie not be pirated at all cos this is pride of pakistan and i dont want it to be harmed by piracy.

pakistani_banda said:
dont torrent it, man watch it in cinema. and also id rather prefer the movie not be pirated at all cos this is pride of pakistan and i dont want it to be harmed by piracy.
its not being showing in Montreal...

Plasma said:
man i really wana see it... I can't seem to dind is torrent... :12: :12:
Im usually the first to condone piracy but in this case we must support the revival of Pak cinema!

Awesome Anjum said:
Im usually the first to condone piracy but in this case we must support the revival of Pak cinema!

ya we should support the revival of cinema in pakistan. this movie is way better than mostly all bolywood movies and as well as hollywood movies.

Sheraz1977 said:
Why the need to cast such a kali kaloti , sokhi sarri ladki in the movie ?

Iman Ali and Kaali Kaloti are on seperate ends of the pole there buddy, You sure you watched the right movie? :|

Sheraz1977 said:
I expected something better than this ghis pitta subject from shoaib.

ghissa pitta indeed. Shoaib Mansoor should have made a love story where the munda looks at the kuri, gets aroused and falls in what he calls "love". kuri's abba gets his knickers in a knot because the munda isn't rich enough.

now THAT would have been a fresh idea.

iman ali as usual looked horrible in the movie. Why the need to cast such a kali kaloti , sokhi sarri ladki in the movie ?

baji jee, not everyone is as gori chitti and gol matol as you. why don't you post your picture here and maybe someone will cast you in their film? btw, it's good that you judged an actress on everything but her acting.

now, I know why good films aren't made in Pakistan. jaisy audience aur jaisay loag, waisi filmein. never let go of the jahalat, buddy. stay strong. may jahalat and poor taste always be with you.

pakistani_banda said:
just came back from the cinema, and watched khda kay liay. man i have to say an awesome movie and awesome acting by all the actors. kudos to the whole team of the movie. the story was excellent, and i loved the songs. i would love to watch the movie again, and i am proud to say that this is a pakistani movie. i hope that shoaib mansoor continues to make more movies like this.

thanks for the review, pakistani_banda. good to know that you liked the film. seems like 99% of the people who actually watched it loved it.

Shoaib Mansoor is a genius.

the film is releasing in london next, i heard a grand priemier is being planned were all the cast and crew will come,

Zechariah said:
Iman Ali and Kaali Kaloti are on seperate ends of the pole there buddy, You sure you watched the right movie? :|

yea he is definatly lieing about the film.

iman ali and kaali :)))

Kashif said:
After the main producers of the film pulled out Shoaib was out of cash. I think it affected his budget for the music for the album. As you can see he went for low key artists except maybe Ahmed Jahanzeb.

that is simply not true. the people he worked with are far from "low key artists". some of them work in the background and others are newcomers.

Shoaib Mansoor has a history of introducing new talents to Pakistan. he introduced Pakistan to a little band known as Vital Signs. in Alpha Bravo Charlie, he worked with amateurs and got them to give outstanding performances. in Ankahi, he introduced a little actress known as Shehnaz Sheikh. in an Anwar Maqsood hosted show, he made the Benjamin sisters household names. Khawar Jawad - the singer of Bandeya - did the music arrangement for Anarkali. considering how amazing Anarkali was, I wouldn't call Jawad Khawar a "low key artist". he is much better than a lot of supposedly A class artists like Ali Zafar. Fayeza (Khawar's cousin) did a great job on Bandeya. similarly, Zara Madni despite being a newcomer did so well that Rohail Hyatt (no less) signed her up for his upcoming album.

so, I think it is incorrect to say that Shoaib Mansoor worked with second tier artists because of lack of cash. he always works with new people and tries to introduce new talent to the industry. it's no wonder that even established artists kill for the chance to work with the magician that is Shoaib Mansoor.

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar said:
ghissa pitta indeed. Shoaib Mansoor should have made a love story where the munda looks at the kuri, gets aroused and falls in what he calls "love". kuri's abba gets his knickers in a knot because the munda isn't rich enough.

now THAT would have been a fresh idea.

baji jee, not everyone is as gori chitti and gol matol as you. why don't you post your picture here and maybe someone will cast you in their film? btw, it's good that you judged an actress on everything but her acting.

now, I know why good films aren't made in Pakistan. jaisy audience aur jaisay loag, waisi filmein. never let go of the jahalat, buddy. stay strong. may jahalat and poor taste always be with you.
MT, as much as I respect how much you love this movie and how great you think Shoaib Mansoor is, I think your attitude is way over the top. It's like anyone who doesn't like the movie is stupid, and saying anything against it is sacrilege. You've roused on anyone who has said anything remotely negative about the movie. We get it, you love the movie. So do A LOT of other people. And that's great to see for a Pakistani movie. But not everyone will be as impressed as you are.

Personally, when I first heard about the story-line of the movie, I was disappointed because the topic is a bit played out. That being said, I've heard people say they were expecting a typical Mullah bashing movie and were pleasantly surprise so I reserve my judgment for now.

SHoaib Mansoor is a great director, and im sure this would be a very good movie, but the music is nothing special i have to say.

I'm not asking you to respect anything. if someone is going to call an actress kali kaloti, sokhi sari hui, then I will make it a point of responding to them. if someone is going to post blatantly false information about the movie, then I will counter that too particularly when they haven't even seen the movie. I think it's ridiculous to review a film without even watching it. maybe it's okay with you - but not me.

but as I said earlier, I'm not asking you to respect anything. don't like it, don't read the thread. simple. I'm not sure why I'm even responding to you.

Next week for KKL hearing

Showbiz desk

KARACHI: Sindh High Court (SHC) on Tuesday while hearing petition against release of film Khuda Key Liye directed applicant’s counsel to submit references of Quran and Hadith in which music, paintings were declared Haram in Islam. SHC’s division bench comprising Chief Justice Sabihuddin Ahmed and Justice Muhammad Afzal Soomro was hearing petition filed by Saifullah Rabbani, religious scholar of Jamia Banoria Al-Alimi Karachi praying to impose ban on film. The matter was adjourned for August 10, 2007.

suhaib said:

Showbiz desk

KARACHI: Sindh High Court (SHC) on Tuesday while hearing petition against release of film Khuda Key Liye directed applicant’s counsel to submit references of Quran and Hadith in which music, paintings were declared Haram in Islam. SHC’s division bench comprising Chief Justice Sabihuddin Ahmed and Justice Muhammad Afzal Soomro was hearing petition filed by Saifullah Rabbani, religious scholar of Jamia Banoria Al-Alimi Karachi praying to impose ban on film. The matter was adjourned for August 10, 2007.
Wouldn't that make all movies in Pakistan Haram. Not just movies but now some dramas too. So why call for ban on just this film. Lal Masjid's Aziz or Ghazi called it blasphemous

well its typical mullah style,

there was a petition filed at LHC is well but i heard that got rejected,

The new movie that's all the rage in Pakistan
By Shahan Mufti
Tue Jul 31, 4:00 AM ET

Lahore, Pakistan - Why would I drive 4-1/2 hours to see a Pakistani movie?

ADVERTISEMENT

Well, for starters, the only movie theater in Islamabad, Pakistan's capital, was torched by a Sunni mob during sectarian riots four years ago.

But there were other reasons for the trek. I wanted to attend the premier of "Khuda ke Liye" or "In the Name of God," a movie about the religious rift wrenching Pakistan.

The film is being hailed in some segments of Pakistani society as the most important cinematic event in memory. The other draw was the venue: the DHA Cinema, a world-class movie theater, had just opened its doors for the elite of Lahore in "Defense," a posh neighborhood run by the military.

As the title suggests, the movie is about Islam and the battle between two polarized groups – modernized elites carrying the banner of "enlightened moderation" and radicals with their "jihad" – both had claims to the religion.

I took a cab from the house where I was staying. As we pulled up to the theater, the cabbie was as excited as I was. "The last time I saw crowds like this," he bubbled, "was when 'Titanic' came to town."

My initial attempts to get tickets for the première had failed. "In the Name of God" had been sold out for weeks in advance. But there were two showings, one at 9 p.m. and one at 3 p.m. (Bruce Willis in "Live Free or Die Hard" was on at 6 p.m.) I might score a ticket to the matinee, I was told, by just showing up.

I swallowed hard at the price: 250 rupees ($4.15) – ten times that of a regular movie ticket. Once inside, I found a packed house of some 500 immaculately dressed Lahoris, munching on buttered popcorn, bouncing in reclining seats, and enjoying the digital sound system.

For many Pakistanis – or at least those in this theater – the movie offers an explanation for the unrest around them.

"I had been dying to see this movie," Sara Malik, a 17-year-old student, dressed in jeans and a powder-pink T-shirt told me after the movie. "It's an amazing story, because it explains what really happens behind things like the Lal Masjid [Red Mosque]," she said, with nods of agreement by nearby school friends. The violent weeklong battle between religious militants and the Pakistan Army this month in Islamabad was unnerving for the entire country and unlike anything the youth of the country had ever witnessed.

Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf reportedly had the first private screening of the movie right here. He supposedly became an instant fan, and he has seen it twice since. After seeing it, I understood why a movie patronized by the president could also play across the country to packed halls without ever having to go through the strict and powerful state censor board.

The movie centers around an upper-middle class Pakistani family, the kind whose stories the director Shoaib Mansoor – a successful age-old hand in Pakistan state media – made a name for himself portraying in popular soap operas in the 1980s. The story of two musician brothers – one studies music in Chicago and the other becomes a Taliban fighter in Afghanistan following the American invasion – is a fantastical tale that warns its audience of the threat of Islamic radicalism to Pakistanis.

The inspiration for the movie, Mr. Mansoor writes, came from Junaid Jamshed, the former lead singer for Pakistan's most successful rock band, Vital Signs. Like the lead character in the movie, Mr. Jamshed turned from rock star to mullah after 2001.

Jamshed was once a joyous icon for the Western-looking youth of the 1980s, after the Soviet-Afghan War and the Islamic military rule of Gen. Zia-ul-Haq came to an end. But six years ago, he turned a corner and quickly became one of the most high-profile Islamic preachers associated with the Tablighi Jamaat, a Muslim missionary group that spans the globe.

A metaphor for the segment of society that was rejecting Western influence in a time of war, Jamshed grew a full beard and swapped his tight jeans and T-shirts for a more nationalistic salwar kameez. He dedicated himself to spreading the word of the Koran to the masses and preaching about the evils of music.

Mansoor, who was a close friend and had helped propel Vital Signs to mega-stardom, was disturbed by Jamshed's transformation. "It really shook me badly," the director told a local magazine before the movie premierèd. "I couldn't believe God could hate the two most beautiful things he has given to mankind ... music and painting."

"I felt that a confused man like Junaid had no right to confuse thousands of his youthful followers," he said.

The movie is also being touted as the revival of Pakistani cinema, which has been a casualty of increasing religious militancy in the country. Abdul Rashid Ghazi of the Red Mosque, for example, made one of his last anti-vice stands against the release of "In the Name of God." Mr. Ghazi called the movie blasphemous and anti-Islamic. "We won't allow this," he warned the government earlier this month.

Ghazi was killed a few days after uttering those words at the hands of the Pakistani military, and the movie is now showing all over the Punjab province, the Pakistan Army's stronghold, in the city of Karachi the financial capital, and a few well-to-do surrounding towns in Sindh. It is unlikely to make its way west to the provinces bordering Afghanistan and Iran. The uncensored movie is not only likely to be rejected by the provincial governments led by Islamist parties, but also by the Pashtun and Baluchi tribes themselves, who are portrayed as violent, cunning, and chauvinistic religious fanatics in the movie.

I drove back to Islamabad the next day and violence broke out at the Red Mosque again. The capital saw its second suicide bombing of the month. For a moment, I was tempted to go back to the theater in Lahore. At least there, I could find a clear, if simplistic, explanation for the tragic panic unfolding in the city and the country.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20070731/wl_csm/ocinemastan_1

Suhaib the new review(by Shahan Mufti) that you have just posted shows how much buzz this movie has really made. That review appeared on 'The Christians Science Monitor'- the 2nd most critical newspaper after The New York Times. Here's a link for anyone who wants to read it direactly off the site itself:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0731/p01s03-wosc.html

Last edited:
suhaib said:

Showbiz desk

I'll have to rush for tickets and watch it before the SHC bans the movie.
Ek achi movie banayee Pakistan ne aur us per bhee ban. kia mazak hai!

But what I don't understand is Aren't All forms of electronic media including Tv, & Movies Haram atleast according to these mullahs then how can they ask SUpreme court to ban just one movie. They sould ask for banning of all forms of it.... :20:

sunny92 said:
But what I don't understand is Aren't All forms of electronic media including Tv, & Movies Haram atleast according to these mullahs then how can they ask SUpreme court to ban just one movie. They sould ask for banning of all forms of it.... :20:

Sunny saab jee, you are thinking with something called 'logic' which these idiots don't have.

Farhan! said:
I'll have to rush for tickets and watch it before the SHC bans the movie.
Ek achi movie banayee Pakistan ne aur us per bhee ban. kia mazak hai!
achi movies are banned in Pakistan and if not then constitutional amendment is needed to ban them

suhaib said:

Showbiz desk

At least their petitioning rather than burning down theaters.

Mansoor, who was a close friend and had helped propel Vital Signs to mega-stardom, was disturbed by Jamshed's transformation. "It really shook me badly," the director told a local magazine before the movie premierèd. "I couldn't believe God could hate the two most beautiful things he has given to mankind ... music and painting."

"I felt that a confused man like Junaid had no right to confuse thousands of his youthful followers," he said

what a crock of s****!!!...of course it shook you badly numbnuts!!...ive been pretty reserved in my comments up until now but this really takes the cake..so junaid is now a terrorist?? what a load of rubbish!!...mansoor just cant accept that you know what there are many out there who just dont want to lead this lifestyle of naach gana, sharaab, zina called moderation!!...why cant these secular scum just get it into their heads that Islam is more important than everything? so the film portrays the pathans as evil and canniving?? hain jee? what the hell? is this enlighteend moderation?

does enlightened moderation mean anyone who prays, grows a beard, preaches Islam is a backward fanatic terrorist who is confused? one thing I can say about junaid is he is far from confused...I have found most seculars confused and low on self esteem...I want to know the answer to the simple question...WHAT IS ENLIGHTENED MODERATION!!!...

if enlightened moderation is that which mocks the way of my beloved Prophet PBUH then may Allah swt curse its followers!!...im convicned we are facing a massive calamity because of this!!...im incensed at mr Mansoors comments!!... what narrow minded freakery!!..the leap from the lal masjid to namzi terrorist!! kya baat hay!!

WHAT IS ENLIGHTENED MODERATION!!!...
probably let others live their lives, leave the dandas/sticks at homes and stop killing people and using Islam to justify it. To me this term means nothing more than countering the above because certain group is very vocal and promoting it. It doesn't mean you start drinking or going to mujras.

the Great Khan said:
mansoor just cant accept that you know what there are many out there who just dont want to lead this lifestyle of naach gana, sharaab, zina called moderation!!...why cant these secular scum just get it into their heads that Islam is more important than everything?

so, anyone who lets his shalwar go past their ankles unlike you and doesn't grow a beard that reaches his knees, is scum and it logically follows that he must be into naach gana, sharab and zina? I've seen you make this assertion many times that anyone who isn't as a hardcore moulvi is automatically a drunkard, a fornicator, etc. I've got to say that I don't see the connection.

yeah, Islam is not more important than everything else. to me, it has become irrelevant. and you and your ilk have helped me quite a bit in coming to this conclusion. hope that helps you sleep better.

"I felt that a confused man like Junaid had no right to confuse thousands of his youthful followers," he said.

Shoaib Mansoor is an idiot. Who has given him the right to claim that others are confused ? Shoaib mansoor has absolutely no right to think that his way of living is better than Junaid Jamshed's. Extremely stupid of this self proclaimed director.

I am on a personal level a great fan of music and art and enjoy all of these things in my life but i have never claimed that that music is not forbidden in Islam. Inthe presence of numerous Ahadith and the consensus of almost all the great faqihs of the first few centuries of Islamic era it is established beyond doubt that music is forbidden in Islam.

Shoaib Mansoor , a person without an iota of religious knowledge, has no right to proclaim such absurd views. how could he deny the various ahadith on this issue is beyond me

I would have appreciated his stance had he said that though not allowed in Islam he still enjoys these things in life and every one has right to live the way he likes. That would have been more like a man. Shoaib here has sounded like a true Hypocrite.

I strongly believe that I shouldn't be wasting time on a person like Shoaib Mansoor and his absurd views as his educational qualification is far less than mine.

Last edited:
so, anyone who lets his shalwar go past their ankles unlike you and doesn't grow a beard that reaches his knees, is scum and it logically follows that he must be into naach gana, sharab and zina? I've seen you make this assertion many times that anyone who isn't as a hardcore moulvi is automatically a drunkard, a fornicator, etc. I've got to say that I don't see the connection.

yeah, Islam is not more important than everything else. to me, it has become irrelevant. and you and your ilk have helped me quite a bit in coming to this conclusion. hope that helps you sleep better.

that part there should conclude the argument. to some people islam is the most important thing. and that forms the basis of almost all the arguments in this thread. so this staetment by MT should close the argument

probably let others live their lives, leave the dandas/sticks at homes and stop killing people and using Islam to justify it. To me this term means nothing more than countering the above because certain group is very vocal and promoting it. It doesn't mean you start drinking or going to mujras.

but thats my point...if its to let others live why make a whole film on the fact that an individual chose a different way of life to one that mr mansoor approves of?? if its to let live then surely those who choose to preach Islam should be allowed to do so too and not antagonised at every step...as for those that kill in the name of Islam erm i dont see junaid picking up a gun and shooting pedestrians? the implication of the film is becoming really strange for me: is he saying that if you were once a ,lets say, guitar player but then become a devout Muslim youre confused? how so?

if enlightened moderation is to live and let live then surely all points of view should be allowed to be aired without problems? the message im getting (i could be totally wrong) is that if you pray namaaz, preach Islam, or even dress via sunnat you are a terrorist to be killed...and enlightened moderation is defined by the slogan "abay yaar chulta hayy yaar, Allah maaf karay gaa"...am i right or totally wrong?

and finally MT, we agree on democracy etc but when it comes to Deen then unfortunatley we disagree... to me Islam is life and life is Islam...i may not live upto its highest ideals all the time but I try..and while trying my best I understand the problems e face but also understand what the Deen is and why The Prophet PBUH struggled for so long ..it is a gift of such beauty that if all the riches of the universe were to fall into my lap I would never give it up!!...without it we are nothing...I think you are being lead astray by these maniacs who define Islam according to their own prejudices...(and i include both enlightened typse and extremists)..Islam is the path of balance, the middle path, of the centre!!...

and just to clarify my comment about naach gaana is actually quite accurate if you understand Pakistani society!!

if enlightened moderation is to live and let live then surely all points of view should be allowed to be aired without problems? the message im getting (i could be totally wrong) is that if you pray namaaz, preach Islam, or even dress via sunnat you are a terrorist to be killed...and enlightened moderation is defined by the slogan "abay yaar chulta hayy yaar, Allah maaf karay gaa"...am i right or totally wrong?
you are right in a sense but some use the terms to mean what suits them. "enlightened moderation" by some is also described as drinking and sex and not as I don't feel like praying or I don't want to pray. Some from both sides take the extremes cases as that makes the point more poignant. The middle man (the majority) is kind of lost in here. What a middles man means is up to the individual but they don't preach hate or justify killing or approve of drinking etc

Sheraz1977 said:
I strongly believe that I shouldn't be wasting time on a person like Shoaib Mansoor and his absurd views as his educational qualification is far less than mine.

lol. you're a funny little guy.

it's pretty cool that you boast about your educational qualifications when your posts suggest that you've never seen the inside of even a primary level school.

TGK, let me summarize a couple of points for you that have been made by myself and others here repeatedly. seems like every time some mard-e-momin has a bad day, he comes and decides to wail about how bad all the religious types have it:

- Junaid was going to work in this movie. he himself signed up for it - he reportedly even shaved his beard for the part. so, I'm assuming he signed up after reading the script. I'm sure he would not have signed up for a movie he thought was derogatory towards himself and his beliefs.
- he pulled out of the movie when he get death threats from his newfound pals at Raiwind. for the link, please refer to the first page. no secular, liberal, sharabi, zaani liberal secular scum threatened Junaid's life - his own religious pals did.
- Shoaib Mansoor, at the end of the day, has just made a movie presenting his point of view. he hasn't threatened Junaid with death or anything if he doesn't abandon his views. people who oppose his view are welcome to do the same, i.e., make a movie, documentary, etc and counter Shoaib Mansoor's point of view. but other than that I don't see what the point of all this is.

This is a great thread, I love it, love it, love it! How people start off as cinema critics 'good attempt', 'good for Pakistani cinema', 'better than bollywood rubbish', blah blah blah and then after some days end up showing their true colours. Hey MT, your fellow democrats can't tolerate a movie! Some strange bedfellows there.

Originally Posted by Sheraz1977

This one left me like :))) You remember that PTV play with a character called Janoo German who had an 'angrezi ka mulakhra'? Should we arrange one such bout between Shoaib Mansoor and Sheraz1977. I am having misgivings about this forum for last couple of days. We will have to raise the standard of discussion here :12:

lol. you're a funny little guy.

it's pretty cool that you boast about your educational qualifications when your posts suggest that you've never seen the inside of even a primary level school.

That is not a boast....it is reality.

In any case Shoaib Mansoor shouldn't be talking about what is right or wrong in islam....he has no knowledge of Islam whatsoever and he thinks that he can pass ignorant comments and people like Tarar will take them as bible....... there is plenty of evidence available against his point of view.

Don't get too excited ......there isn't going to be a revival of cinema in Pakistan . Pakistani cinema is dead.

Last edited:
TGK, let me summarize a couple of points for you that have been made by myself and others here repeatedly. seems like every time some mard-e-momin has a bad day, he comes and decides to wail about how bad all the religious types have it:

- Junaid was going to work in this movie. he himself signed up for it - he reportedly even shaved his beard for the part. so, I'm assuming he signed up after reading the script. I'm sure he would not have signed up for a movie he thought was derogatory towards himself and his beliefs.
- he pulled out of the movie when he get death threats from his newfound pals at Raiwind. for the link, please refer to the first page. no secular, liberal, sharabi, zaani liberal secular scum threatened Junaid's life - his own religious pals did.
- Shoaib Mansoor, at the end of the day, has just made a movie presenting his point of view. he hasn't threatened Junaid with death or anything if he doesn't abandon his views. people who oppose his view are welcome to do the same, i.e., make a movie, documentary, etc and counter Shoaib Mansoor's point of view. but other than that I don't see what the point of all this is.

The following two videos should clarify what JJ himself thinks about the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Q9lRldbSs (see around 11:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGCmY1D-VZg (see around 16:00)

Sheraz1977 said:
That is not a boast....it is reality.

In any case Shoaib Mansoor shouldn't be talking about what is right or wrong in islam....he has no knowledge of Islam whatsoever and he thinks that he can pass ignorant comments and people like Tarar will take them as bible....... there is plenty of evidence available against his point of view.

Don't get too excited ......there isn't going to be a revival of cinema in Pakistan . Pakistani cinema is dead.
::J

12thMan said:
Hey, hey, don't include me (and 99% others) in this filthy term.

Shoaib Mansoor's grasp on this situation is displayed by the short clip which is being shown as a trailer now a days. A "Mullah" declares that "Jo aaj kal kai rasool hain, wohi daari rakh tai hain".

I would like to see one man from the ranks of the jihaadi who has claimed divinity or prophethood and lived to tell the tale.

So far the movie looks to be a Mullah bashing exercise carried out by a man who at best can be described as ill informed

or maybe even confused.

Last edited:
A "Mullah" declares that "Jo aaj kal kai rasool hain, wohi daari rakh tai hain".

I would like to see one man from the ranks of the jihaadi who has claimed divinity or prophethood and lived to tell the tale
Please don't take every word literally. There are different meaning and contexts for words. like rasool can be used as laws or acceptance like in "rasool o riwag". Now one can expand on it and say it meant "law enforcers".

How easily everyone joins enlightened moderation with drinking and walking naked.

I'll just one there here, I live in Canada and there is no Shria law here. I dont drink, I dont go to clubs or stripbars, or gaybars. So the question is why dont I? Becasue I myself adhere to my Islamic beleifs.

So the people in Pakistan, what is thier problem? Why cant they learn to live like good muslims? Pakistanis are responsible for thier own faith not Musharraf, or any leader, mullah or an enlightenied moderation.

Enlightebned moderation was meant to get people to think about who they follow and get out of jahaliat, but on Pakistanis it has the oppisit eeffect.

I had one guy telling that Mush's enlightenend moderation is shows on the Pakistani passoport where they have used the star of david, wh infact it was merely a design. Oh yes i did rip him and his posts apart.

forget about Musharaff ... People who live in Karachi probably have seen the casino that was built near Sea View apartments. It stood there for years without being used and maybe still there. It was like a triangle with curved sides. During Zia all that happened was couple of liqour store (one near the PDIC building) closed but liquor was available at paan walas and them giving bribes. Naach gana was still going on though not allowed. New Years parties not big but were not allowed but I have gone to Gymkhana where men and women were dancing and how can you hide a big place like that. You could get pulled over if you were with a woman and asked for marriage papers :) and you have to pay money. Yes tehre were public beatings probably who were poor and had no contacts but we are what we are. It is not easy to enforce some other culture (Saudi) on us and we are humans. Instead of gradual approach it was enforced and some people ignored it and some went different ways.

here is a video which I never saw on PTV but it is Faiz reciting his poem and then Nayyara Noor singing it but watch the video. Read the summary of the video to get some explanation. some people have posted the lyrics too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ara199ZUiKQ
If you like the video or not the poem is good (hard to understand) and the singer is awesome :)

Last edited:
Wazeeri said:
Shoaib Mansoor's grasp on this situation is displayed by the short clip which is being shown as a trailer now a days. A "Mullah" declares that "Jo aaj kal kai rasool hain, wohi daari rakh tai hain".

I would like to see one man from the ranks of the jihaadi who has claimed divinity or prophethood and lived to tell the tale.

So far the movie looks to be a Mullah bashing exercise carried out by a man who at best can be described as ill informed

or maybe even confused.

The correct quote is "Jo ashiq-e-rasool hain, wohi darhi rakhtay hain".

Btw did you listen to what JJ had to say on the movie.

the Great Khan said:
what a crock of s****!!!...of course it shook you badly numbnuts!!...ive been pretty reserved in my comments up until now but this really takes the cake..so junaid is now a terrorist?? what a load of rubbish!!...mansoor just cant accept that you know what there are many out there who just dont want to lead this lifestyle of naach gana, sharaab, zina called moderation!!...why cant these secular scum just get it into their heads that Islam is more important than everything? so the film portrays the pathans as evil and canniving?? hain jee? what the hell? is this enlighteend moderation?

does enlightened moderation mean anyone who prays, grows a beard, preaches Islam is a backward fanatic terrorist who is confused? one thing I can say about junaid is he is far from confused...I have found most seculars confused and low on self esteem...I want to know the answer to the simple question...WHAT IS ENLIGHTENED MODERATION!!!...

if enlightened moderation is that which mocks the way of my beloved Prophet PBUH then may Allah swt curse its followers!!...im convicned we are facing a massive calamity because of this!!...im incensed at mr Mansoors comments!!... what narrow minded freakery!!..the leap from the lal masjid to namzi terrorist!! kya baat hay!!

your post is highly ignorant.

all SM did was call JJ a confused person and you take it that he means hes a terroist ::J highly ignorant of you.

SM situation is understandble as he gave 16 years of his life to jj, made him a star and gave him superb music, and jj just quit without even telling him, anyone in his situation would have been angry, and him calling jj confused is very understandable, but you taking it as being a terroist is highly ignorant.

its even funnier when you link zina and sharab to moderation and say this and that to secular people

and no you are wrong about the movie, it doent portray the pathans as evil, it shows evil ones as well as good ones, the film shows a complete true image of pakistans society and SM has done an excellent job in the film and has been neutral taking no sides, so the second half of your post is all assumptions coming from someone who hasnt seen the movie.

If Junaid Jamshaid thinks Music is Haram and gave all the money he earned from it, the properties he bought or business he started or earned money from it etc from the money from music to charity that is he private matter. He is doing it peacefully and that is great

Last edited:
and no you are wrong about the movie, it doent portray the pathans as evil, it shows evil ones as well as good ones, the film shows a complete true image of pakistans society and SM has done an excellent job in the film and has been neutral taking no sides, so the second half of your post is all assumptions coming from someone who hasnt seen the movie.

like i said im going on the review i read...i guess the reviewer saw a different movie...and yes its an assumption..as ive said before i still have to watch this to make my mind up but mansoors interview just p"""ed me off!!

all SM did was call JJ a confused person and you take it that he means hes a terroist highly ignorant of you.

actually stop being subjective and read mansoor's interview..he says he based the film on JJ..so what happens to the religious chappy in the film? doesnt he become a jihadi terrorist? isnt this guy based on JJ? and doesnt the synopsis say there is a war going on between liberal muslims(whatever the hell that is) and extremists? if you read the gist of my post it was based on the last review i read that really wound me up!!...

ive met JJ..he isnt confused..far from it..so mansoor made him a star..and JJ found Islam...mansoor should be happy for his friend, happy that he is involved in Gods work and has cleaned up his act...but no, mansoor thinks he's confused..why is JJ confused?

its even funnier when you link zina and sharab to moderation and say this and that to secular people

the majority of enlightened moderates ive met who swear at anything to do with Islam indulge in this behaviour...so its quite common amongst the seculars, since Islam actually prevents this and doesnt encourage it...in my mind an enlightened moderate as espoused by mushy and his cronies is a secular atheist or naam ka muslaman as they say!!....am i wrong? can someone explain what the hell an enlightened moderate is?...i havent met a single secular individual who isnt open to partying, lurkiyan, sharab, etc etc....and why not...they dont pray, dont fast, hate the mention of Islam so does it surprise anyone?? some will counter this and say theyve met devout muslims who do this...theres a difference, a devout Muslim who makes a mistake can at least get on that prayer mat and weep for forgiveness...what about someone who shuns the mat and thinks their right?

TGK, JJ said in his interview that he was originally planning on being in the movie. Now tell me, why would JJ want to be in a movie in which he (not his character, he himself) is portrayed as a terrorist?

actually stop being subjective and read mansoor's interview..he says he based the film on JJ..so what happens to the religious chappy in the film? doesnt he become a jihadi terrorist? isnt this guy based on JJ? and doesnt the synopsis say there is a war going on between liberal muslims(whatever the hell that is) and extremists? if you read the gist of my post it was based on the last review i read that really wound me up!!...

nowhere in the interview does it say he based the film on jj, he has said its inspired by him, he has just taken the idea of a rock star turning into mullah and calling and spreading news of music being haraam,
so again your just making assumptions up.

if jj himself didnt have a problem with his character in the film when he was signed, why do you?

the majority of enlightened moderates ive met who swear at anything to do with Islam indulge in this behaviour...so its quite common amongst the seculars, since Islam actually prevents this and doesnt encourage it...in my mind an enlightened moderate as espoused by mushy and his cronies is a secular atheist or naam ka muslaman as they say!!....am i wrong? can someone explain what the hell an enlightened moderate is?...i havent met a single secular individual who isnt open to partying, lurkiyan, sharab, etc etc....and why not...they dont pray, dont fast, hate the mention of Islam so does it surprise anyone?? some will counter this and say theyve met devout muslims who do this...theres a difference, a devout Muslim who makes a mistake can at least get on that prayer mat and weep for forgiveness...what about someone who shuns the mat and thinks their right?

yes your wrong, very wrong.
just cos you met 2 or 3 moderates who indulge in such stuff you think there all like that? no dude.
i am a moderate who doesnt drink and prays and fasts, and i know many other people like that, so your thinking is wrong,

Wazeeri said:

or maybe even confused.

this is not at all mullah bashing movie. wat shown is wat really happens, on both the sides. so it depends on u how u take it .

Last edited:
Wazeeri said:

exact words are "jo aashiq-e-rasool hain, wohi darri rakhtay hain" and this line been said by Ayub Khoso, a legendry actors of Paksitani dramas

My mistake, just saw the flashes a few days ago and they really stuck.

if jj himself didnt have a problem with his character in the film when he was signed, why do you?

Going by what JJ has said about the movie it is clear that the storyline has changed somewhat. Junaid Jamshed actually said that the film was going to do dawah.

Asim2Good said:
exact words are "jo aashiq-e-rasool hain, wohi darri rakhtay hain" and this line been said by Ayub Khoso, a legendry actors of Paksitani dramas

:)))

It is so easy to become a legend in my country.....isn't it?

Wazeeri said:
My mistake, just saw the flashes a few days ago and they really stuck.

Wazeeri lala, such 'mistakes' get people ostracised and labeled 'kafir' back home and their whole generations are marginalised. But why should we worry about people when we can sort it out with God on the prayer mat. This brings me to TG Khan Sahibs posts. What can I say, as it has happened many times in last few days, I am amazed! Off the top of my head (though this thread is full of such gems!)

like i said im going on the review i read...i guess the reviewer saw a different movie

And what did the Prophet say about the person who spreads rumours just on hearsay? There is a hadith on this and I am sure you know it. Typical mullah behaviour: spread rumours ("polio vaccine renders you impotent") and cause agitation among illiterate masses.

This is the dumbest statement. It shows our real problem in so many different ways. Here is the use of a broad brush at its worst. I have met horrible secular people as well. A very good and very secular friend owes me a huge amount of money and would not mention returning it although we meet every day. I value friendship over money and don't ask for it but he just doesn't think that way. On the other hand I know hajis who have done time for molesting children here in the UK. I know a bearded haaji sahib who was convicted of attempted rape of his own wifes's sister (makes you shudder, these deatails do). On the same note, I have seen very honest religious people. My brother has a big beard (so do all other men in my family) and he lives in Pakistan, runs a business there alongwith his old friends from the Jamiat. I have found him extremely upright and honest in his dealings. He admires the good things in British life style. Although he is a politically charged maulvi, an MMA activist, a maulvi since the age of 16, was arrested during Benazir's time for his politics, been to Afghanistan during the Soviet war (never told the family about those mysterious visits) but he admires the western values of respect for humanity, rule of law and simple courtesy. He has traveled a lot, been to Hajj twice, Umrah many times, never boasts about it or never looks down upon people who don't perform all these rituals. I rate him far higher than my secular father (who has a huge reservoir of knowledge about Islam and Islamic history) just because my father is not tolerant and can become ill-tempered. Humanity is bigger than anything else. Under our jeans, jubbas, under our skins, we are all the same, HUMAN.

Why can't we appreciate the simple humanity of other person? Why should everybody be labeled? Being judgmental is one of the common trait among the religious people because of their narrow world-view ('music is haraam').

Khan Saab mentioned religious ritual and sin:

a devout Muslim who makes a mistake can at least get on that prayer mat and weep for forgiveness...what about someone who shuns the mat and thinks their [sic] right?

This is the worst kind of simplistic, ritualistic nonsense that I hate most vigorously in these so-called religious people. English society used to be like this..... 700 years ago. If you read The Canterbury Tales you will see how ritualistic Christians in medieval times thought that it was OK to be outwardly religious, publicly paying your alms, saying your prayers, going on pilgrimages, being in the service of religious organisation while inside their hearts they were corrupt, sinful, arrogant, judgemental and vain. How Allah changes times! Subhan Allah, how correct Qura'an is. We are what they were, they have become what we were! They were not all bad as the religious people are all not bad. (The dearest person to my heart offers her prayers, never mentions her very very secret tahajjad prayer, never boasts about her hajj and above all never judges people because of their religious beliefs.) Chauser's poor Parson, a simple perish priest asks for cleanliness in the religious people:

Out of the gosple he tho wordes caughte,
And this figure he added eek therto,
That if gold ruste, what shal iren do?
For if a preest be foul, on whom we truste,
No wonder is a lewed man to ruste;
And shame it is, if a prest take keep,
A shiten shepherde and a clene sheep.

Wel oghte a preest ensample for to yive,
By his clennesse, how that his sheep sholde lyve.

These are wonderful lines. How can you judge people when you believe that a prayer mat can sort your sins out. How very medieval, how wrong. You have to be cleaner than clean. If you want people to follow you, you have to lead by example, you can't lead anybody with your namaz mat. You can't expect 'A shiten shepherde and a clene sheep', it is not a logical possibility. Wish we were following a religion, not just its rituals.

Wazeeri said:
Going by what JJ has said about the movie it is clear that the storyline has changed somewhat. Junaid Jamshed actually said that the film was going to do dawah.

He is an idiot then. In his dancing days, he must have seen An Kahi, Tanhaiyaan, Alf Bravo Charlie etc and there is never any 'dawah' in Shoaib Mansoor's productions, unimaginable. Either he is lying or he is an idiot, take your pick!

this film has really rattled wazeeris and tg khan's cage...am looking forward to seeing it

Zechariah said:
How easily everyone joins enlightened moderation with drinking and walking naked.

I'll just one there here, I live in Canada and there is no Shria law here. I dont drink, I dont go to clubs or stripbars, or gaybars. So the question is why dont I? Becasue I myself adhere to my Islamic beleifs.

So the people in Pakistan, what is thier problem? Why cant they learn to live like good muslims? Pakistanis are responsible for thier own faith not Musharraf, or any leader, mullah or an enlightenied moderation.

Enlightebned moderation was meant to get people to think about who they follow and get out of jahaliat, but on Pakistanis it has the oppisit eeffect.

I had one guy telling that Mush's enlightenend moderation is shows on the Pakistani passoport where they have used the star of david, wh infact it was merely a design. Oh yes i did rip him and his posts apart.
:19:

Joseph K. said:
This is a great thread, I love it, love it, love it! How people start off as cinema critics 'good attempt', 'good for Pakistani cinema', 'better than bollywood rubbish', blah blah blah and then after some days end up showing their true colours. Hey MT, your fellow democrats can't tolerate a movie! Some strange bedfellows there.

just because we agree on democracy doesn't mean we have to agree on everything. I've said before to that I'm willing to tolerate (not support) even the religious right but one thing I will not tolerate or support is a military dictatorship. an angel himself could come down and wear a uniform and I would still oppose him. democracy is the only solution and it comes before everything.

coming back to the movie, there are two things that really stick out for me:

- the average Pakistani is a fairly religious person (I'm an outlier). he might not have a beard but there are two topics that all Pakistanis are experts on and feel very passionately about - politics and religion. the vast majority of Pakistanis (even on this forum) who've seen the movie have praised the balanced approach of the movie. so, unless the people in this thread believe that they're the only ones who know and understand what Islam is and what constitutes offense, they should give some credence to the views of the many, many folks who've seen the movie and written reviews and have said that there is nothing offensive in the movie directed at Islam.

- I wonder what the views of the folks in this thread (who find KKL anti-Islamic) are on Bollywood trash. when a thread is opened on a two-bit bimbo from across the border, the thread crosses 200 replies in a day. anti-Pakistan and family-unfriendly movies are all the rage in India and they are consumed and accepted in Pakistan. even right now, an Indian movie is playing in theaters in Pakistan.

a secular, liberal scum such as myself, however, does not watch Bollywood trash. but can the same be said of our relatively religious friends? is it a coincidence that many naats and nasheeds recited are based on the latest Bollywood tunes? on this very forum, a very religious poster on the topic of favourite websites posted an Islamic site that he uses to increase his knowledge of deen and then posted the link to a Bollywood site right underneath it saying that it was the best website on Bollywood. am I the only one who sees this hypocrisy?

Bollywood is in (almost) every Pakistani household. the only way to break its stranglehold is by making good Pakistani films and encouraging them. but when a talented guy makes an effort, he is judged by standards that are not used to measure Indian movies. why is that? why are Indian movies acceptable and Pakistani movies not?

Joseph K. said:
...and you have become a 'legend' on PP within six months :16:

If that guy with absolutely no acting skills (Ayub Khuso or whatever his name is) is a legend :))) then certainly i am a legend too.

- I wonder what the views of the folks in this thread (who find KKL anti-Islamic) are on Bollywood trash. when a thread is opened on a two-bit bimbo from across the border, the thread crosses 200 replies in a day. anti-Pakistan and family-unfriendly movies are all the rage in India and they are consumed and accepted in Pakistan. even right now, an Indian movie is playing in theaters in Pakistan.

a secular, liberal scum such as myself, however, does not watch Bollywood trash. but can the same be said of our relatively religious friends? is it a coincidence that many naats and nasheeds recited are based on the latest Bollywood tunes? on this very forum, a very religious poster on the topic of favourite websites posted an Islamic site that he uses to increase his knowledge of deen and then posted the link to a Bollywood site right underneath it saying that it was the best website on Bollywood. am I the only one who sees this hypocrisy?

Bollywood is in (almost) every Pakistani household. the only way to break its stranglehold is by making good Pakistani films and encouraging them. but when a talented guy makes an effort, he is judged by standards that are not used to measure Indian movies. why is that? why are Indian movies acceptable and Pakistani movies not?

I don't watch Bollywood either and believe me it was extremely complicated growing up in Zia ul Haq's 'Islamic' Republic with no access to Bollywood movies. I was laughed at by my school fellows for having never seen an Amitabh Bachan movie. In the households around us, people were watching one, two even three Indian movies a day and they are bloody long movies. My father would not even hear of buying a VCR. As a result we enjoyed the only quality entertainment we had the access to, excellent PTV plays. I don't think any movie or play ever surpassed An Kahi in popularity. It used to turn streets, literally, deserted. Strict censorship killed Lollywood whereas Bollywood thrived in spite of all the bans and legislations against 'obscenity' which could lead to public whipping. Another proof that you can't force people to stay away from this rubbish. Those were good days, there was no internet or satellite or cable television. Still our goody goody boys and goody goody girls could not be controlled. Try controlling today's linked-up and hard-wired generation and see what happens! This is cultural war and only good and rich domestic culture can beat the onslaught of a foreign culture, not bans or medieval punishments.

Maybe it is a result of being brought up on quality Ptv drama productions that I could not like the Bollywood or even Hollywood junk. If a producer gives people quality entertainment then, in the name of God, let him carry on with his praiseworthy task. Don't bring insignificant and petty things into this, don't spread rumours, don't make a mountain of any mole hill you find in the movie. At least at this occasion, we need some magnanimity and broad-mindedness. We can't bring up another generation on trash like all those Bollywood movies on the Kashmir issue. We need a quality cinema in Pakistan no matter what the closet-taliban may say.

Sheraz1977 said:
If that guy with absolutely no acting skills (Ayub Khuso or whatever his name is) is a legend :))) then certainly i am a legend too.

you're a legend alright... a very special legend. how educated did you say you were again?

Joseph K. said:
Maybe it is a result of being brought up on quality Ptv drama productions that I could not like the Bollywood or even Hollywood junk. If a producer gives people quality entertainment then, in the name of God, let him carry on with his praiseworthy task. Don't bring insignificant and petty things into this, don't spread rumours, don't make a mountain of any mole hill you find in the movie. At least at this occasion, we need some magnanimity and broad-mindedness. We can't bring up another generation on trash like all those Bollywood movies on the Kashmir issue. We need a quality cinema in Pakistan no matter what the closet-taliban may say.

completely agreed.

I just wish that we weren't so uptight when one of our own makes a film. if anyone tries to make something decent, the criticism levelled at him is worth listening to. people will either tear him apart because they don't like his point of view or because the film didn't measure up to Godfather standards. do they have the same expectations when they go rent the latest bimbo masalah from Bollywood? do they watch it with the same critical eye? do they ask the same questions of the Indian directors? if not, why not?

let us be supportive of a talented man who throughout his career has done very quality, patriotic work. he is a very spiritual person (his past work reflects that). he will not have made anything that would offend the religious sensibilities of our masses (leave that to me). so far, the masses like everything he made. if they didn't like his message, I'm sure the reviews would have been less than stellar. so, don't make a mountain out of a molehill and for once, please be supportive of one of our very own for a change.

Sheraz1977 said:

Get the sarcasm, for once! So are you ready for 'angrezi ka mulakhra' with Shoaib Mansoor, Janoo German? Could you please scan your most recent PhD degree and use it as your avatar as we are having problems appreciating your 'educated' self?

the Great Khan said:

You didn't used to be an apologist for terrorists what happened to you? I'll tell you one thing though, at least if theres a secular individual and hes partying and sharab, I know whats going on. His hisaab kitaab is with Allah not me. BUT BUT BUT when you have the Lal Masjid idiots arrested Chinese chicks for doing massage which is haraam in Islam and then two days later you find out that Abdul Aziz (He doesnt deserve to be called maulana) is a client of one of the chicks. This is your Islam? I don't want it, in fact I throw it in the bin. I'll be kafir instead.

The movie has exposed many harsh truths about the society, but people who are not ready to accept it are bashing the movie in every sense of the word.

chor ki dari mein tinka. as they say.

Oh yea and please stop joining enlightened moderation with sharab and larkian and clubs or whatever. The point is Pakistanis are themselves are lose characters and dont want to fix themselves then start complaining about the higher ups. Ever been to Saudi Arabia, the land of the Sharia law? Well everything happens there underground, the difference is that its open in the west, there is not.So where am I getting at? Islam is an indivdial responsibility. All muslims must knwo thier limits and thier beleifs must be adhered too. I have heard many so called devout mullahs who do indecent activities and are sodomizers in maderesas as well. so does dat mean all mullahs are like that? No they are not. Its not wirtten on your face what you are, only your actions are your trye picture. Pakistan has liberal extremists and conservative extremists and we dont need both in our society period. So stop generalizing, fix ur society, fix yourself then complain about the higher ups.

Last edited:
Joseph K. said:
Get the sarcasm, for once! So are you ready for 'angrezi ka mulakhra' with Shoaib Mansoor, Janoo German? Could you please scan your most recent PhD degree and use it as your avatar as we are having problems appreciating your 'educated' self?

Funny

This guy Shoaib Mansoor is not a prophet that he is beyond criticism. Try to be a little tolerant in your views . Strange that people like u who talk about moderation can't take a little (justified) criticism against ur favourites.

let us be supportive of a talented man who throughout his career has done very quality, patriotic work. he is a very spiritual person (his past work reflects that).

Shoaib Mansoor has directed only couple of plays in past 30 years.They were just mediocre with nothing special about them.

He is better than most of the other directors in pakistan but you praise him as if he the most talented director ever.

C'mon he has just made a movie ..............in couple of months people will forget about this movie......there isn't going to be a revival of cinema due to just 1 movie. People will keep watching that stupid Jat Gujjar stuff and equally idiotic movies from bollywood. that is not going to change.

And please don't try to make absurd actors like Shan (just watch any of his cr-ap movies where he acts a Jat) look world class with your unjustified adulation.

Last edited:
Sheraz1977 said:
Shoaib Mansoor has directed only couple of plays in past 30 years.They were just mediocre with nothing special about them.

He is better than most of the other directors in pakistan but you praise him as if he the most talented director ever.

C'mon he has just made a movie ..............in couple of months people will forget about this movie......there isn't going to be a revival of cinema due to just 1 movie. People will keep watching that stupid Jat Gujjar stuff and equally idiotic movies from bollywood. that is not going to change.

And please don't try to make absurd actors like Shan (just watch any of his cr-ap movies where he acts a Jat) look world class with your unjustified adulation.

Clueless as ever, you ARE a legend mate, yes you are. Your knowledge of the past is laughable and your predictions about the future are plain and simple stupid. I give a lot of my time to this forum and I try to avoid being harsh towards people in my posts by focusing on the discussion instead of people, but I am finding it difficult to stick to my principle. How could I tolerate so much stupidity in each post, each sentence is a gem, legend indeed :14: :14: :14: I do worry about the recent dip in the standard of discussions here.

Sheraz1977 said:
Funny

This guy Shoaib Mansoor is not a prophet that he is beyond criticism. Try to be a little tolerant in your views . Strange that people like u who talk about moderation can't take a little (justified) criticism against ur favourites.

Only if your criticism was 'justified', but it is not. Either you are clueless (don't want to use the other word 'cause it would hurt) or you are a windup merchant. And who said that Shoaib Mansoor or anybody else is beyond criticism?

This film has ruffled a couple of feathers!

Fantastic!

Joseph K. said:
Clueless as ever, you ARE a legend mate, yes you are. Your knowledge of the past is laughable and your predictions about the future are plain and simple stupid. I give a lot of my time to this forum and I try to avoid being harsh towards people in my posts by focusing on the discussion instead of people, but I am finding it difficult to stick to my principle. How could I tolerate so much stupidity in each post, each sentence is a gem, legend indeed :14: :14: :14: I do worry about the recent dip in the standard of discussions here.

I don't care what you think about me.....

Shoaib Mansoor directed Ankahi and ABC in the past. ................both were quite good attempts but nothing special about them.

My point of contention is that Shoaib Mansoor has no right to say that Music and Painting is allowed in Islam.............whom should i believe......the Holy Prophet or Shoaib Mansoor ?
God forbid the day when i should start taking religious guidance from Shoaib mansoor

Given his lack of knowledge about Islam it would have been better if this Idiot had chosen some other topic for his movie

Sheraz1977 said:
I don't care what you think about me.....

Shoaib Mansoor directed Ankahi and ABC in the past. ................both were quite good attempts but nothing special about them.

My point of contention is that Shoaib Mansoor has no right to say that Music and Painting is allowed in Islam.............whom should i believe......the Holy Prophet or Shoaib Mansoor ?
God forbid the day when i should start taking religious guidance from Shoaib mansoor

Given his lack of knowledge about Islam it would have been better if this Idiot had chosen some other topic for his movie

You think you own Islam? Is it your property? Only you have seen the truth, everybody else is an idiot? Is there only one version of Islam? If Music and painting are not allowed in Islam then something needs to be done about it. How can there be culture and civilisation without music, painting and literature? Ask Taliban and they will show you how it is to live without the arts. You people want to turn Pakistan into Afghanistan. Stoning to death was the only form of entertainment available to Afghans under the Taliban, you want that to happen in Pakistan? Although I have sympathies for your learning difficulties still I can provide you with the wikipedia entry on Shoaib Mansoor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoaib_Mansoor

Joseph K. said:
You think you own Islam? Is it your property? Only you have seen the truth, everybody else is an idiot? Is there only one version of Islam? If Music and painting are not allowed in Islam then something needs to be done about it. How can there be culture and civilisation without music, painting and literature? Ask Taliban and they will show you how it is to live without the arts. You people want to turn Pakistan into Afghanistan. Stoning to death was the only form of entertainment available to Afghans under the Taliban, you want that to happen in Pakistan? Although I have sympathies for your learning difficulties still I can provide you with the wikipedia entry on Shoaib Mansoor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoaib_Mansoor

Whom should i follow ?

Prophet Muhammad or Shoaib Mansoor ?

Zechariah said:
Oh yea and please stop joining enlightened moderation with sharab and larkian and clubs or whatever. The point is Pakistanis are themselves are lose characters and dont want to fix themselves then start complaining about the higher ups. Ever been to Saudi Arabia, the land of the Sharia law? Well everything happens there underground, the difference is that its open in the west, there is not.So where am I getting at? Islam is an indivdial responsibility. All muslims must knwo thier limits and thier beleifs must be adhered too. I have heard many so called devout mullahs who do indecent activities and are sodomizers in maderesas as well. so does dat mean all mullahs are like that? No they are not. Its not wirtten on your face what you are, only your actions are your trye picture. Pakistan has liberal extremists and conservative extremists and we dont need both in our society period. So stop generalizing, fix ur society, fix yourself then complain about the higher ups.

My 2 cents on this
Yes things happen in every country but it doesn't mean everybody does it. Young guys and girls can be spoiled very easily IF they have an access to these thing(e.g shirab, clubs, etc).
agar yeh cheez saudi arabia mein hoti behi hai tho not everyone have an access to it. (only Hig class people have access to those)

Such passion, such intensity, such anger (and in real life, so much violence and killing as well) over something that at the end of the day, no one is even sure about (religion and/or God). What empirical proof is there that a certain way of life is better than any other - or if I like it myself and for my group, this is what the rest of the people should follow as well? You claim God is on your side. That claim is made by every group, regardless of their religion. So who gets to decide which side God really is on? If there is a God, I can't imagine he would be much amused at the kind of world his supposed followers have made this to be.

HAL said:
Such passion, such intensity, such anger (and in real life, so much violence and killing as well) over something that at the end of the day, no one is even sure about (religion and/or God). What empirical proof is there that a certain way of life is better than any other - or if I like it myself and for my group, this is what the rest of the people should follow as well? You claim God is on your side. That claim is made by every group, regardless of their religion. So who gets to decide which side God really is on? If there is a God, I can't imagine he would be much amused at the kind of world his supposed followers have made this to be.

Welcome aboard, Hal, we'll have fun here.

At the end of a day it is just a movie, a tamasha, and people are taking it too seriously. Muslims have severe insecurity about their religion. I strongly believe that if a religion is a true one, it should not be bothered by the words of us mere mortals. These people worship a delicate and fragile God who needs to protected all the time.

Back