Khuda Ke Liye (In the Name of God) - A Pakistani movie by Shoaib Mansoor

Joseph K. said:
Muslims have severe insecurity about their religion. I strongly believe that if a religion is a true one, it should not be bothered by the words of us mere mortals. These people worship a delicate and fragile God who needs to protected all the time.

Yes, a very insecure God. Much more insecure than even normal people - who have to face criticism and hurt all the time, but most of them don't threaten / execute other people for it. On the other hand, there is this supposed God who is the creator of this universe, but is so petty minded that he can't even tolerate people being critical of him or his religion(s). If there is a God, he has to be anything but how he is portrayed to be

Joseph K. said:
Welcome aboard, Hal, we'll have fun here.

At the end of a day it is just a movie, a tamasha, and people are taking it too seriously. Muslims have severe insecurity about their religion. I strongly believe that if a religion is a true one, it should not be bothered by the words of us mere mortals. These people worship a delicate and fragile God who needs to protected all the time.

I don't have any problem with Shoaib Mansoor making a movie. He has every right to do so.

I have problem when he claims that Junaid Jamshed is a confused person. Now who has given him the right to make judgements about whose way of life is better ?

Similarly before making absurd claims like the one about painting and music in Islam he should do a bit of religious research.

Other than that i am fine with Shoaib Mansoor

Seems like Shoaib's appologists will keep avoiding the following question.

If the Prophet clearly says that Music and Painting is not allowed and Shoaib Mansoor in his stupidity claims otherwise who would you listen to?

Who is going to define Islam? the Prophet or Shoaib mansoor?

Sheraz1977 said:
Seems like Shoaib's appologists will keep avoiding the following question.

If the Prophet clearly says that Music and Painting is not allowed and Shoaib Mansoor in his stupidity claims otherwise who would you listen to?

Who is going to define Islam? the Prophet or Shoaib mansoor?

can u really not think for yourself past these dogmatic interpretations of our faith?

Sheraz1977 said:
Who is going to define Islam?

Holy Quran!

and Secondly, one must surely be critical of the movie if something is controversial.

Paintings of human beings only is not allowed.

There are other aspects of the movie which expose the truths about our society so please atleast pay attention to those rather than thinking from a narrow vision. The film exposes the harsh truths about Pakistani society and there is no need to close your eyes on the issue.

We have more problems to deal with rather than 'music and paintings'

The same people who were against such things are the very people from across the border who have ruined our great deen.

It's time to get our deen back.

Last edited:
I am not sure if you are talking about the movie or some interview. If Shoaib Mansoor thinks music is allowed then that is what he thinks. No one gets religeous knowledge from his movies, dramas or interviews. One can also say the mullahs who are supposedly knowledgeable of Islam and people actually take it as the law say things which don't look like anything to do with Islam like it is unislamic to get vacination or education for girls and these have bigger repercussions. I think if someone is really worried about what is being preached about Islam should look at thoes mullahs or people in authority and not an entertainer.

foojam said:
can u really not think for yourself past these dogmatic interpretations of our faith?

Sad to see that this is what you think about Prophet's sayings.

Sheraz1977 said:

you said that you watch movies and listen to music. so, if the Prophet clearly forbade it, then why do you partake in the above sins especially given how long your beard it?

12thMan said:
I am not sure if you are talking about the movie or some interview. If Shoaib Mansoor thinks music is allowed then that is what he thinks. No one gets religeous knowledge from his movies, dramas or interviews. One can also say the mullahs who are supposedly knowledgeable of Islam and people actually take it as the law say things which don't look like anything to do with Islam like it is unislamic to get vacination or education for girls and these have bigger repercussions. I think if someone is really worried about what is being preached about Islam should look at thoes mullahs or people in authority and not an entertainer.

Prophet never said anything against the education of women.

Though he clearly condemned music.

There is a difference between the two.

I have no problem with Shoaib Mansoor but he should stick to his work .Instead of that he has started defining Islam according to his own personal likes and dislikes.

Sheraz1977 said:
None of your business

why? you boasted about your education qualifications on this forum. so why don't you disclose your educational achievements now? let me guess, double matric, FA and FSc. did I get that right?

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar said:
you said that you watch movies and listen to music. so, if the Prophet clearly forbade it, then why do you partake in the above sins especially given how long your beard it?

I am not a religious person. I don't pray 5 times a day, i watch movies, listen to music and i have female friends .

But i never try to justify any of these things in Islam. I admit that none of these are allowed in Islam .

It is better to accept a sin than becoming a hypocrite (munafiq).

why? you boasted about your education qualifications on this forum. so why don't you disclose your educational achievements now? let me guess, double matric, FA and FSc. did I get that right?

Tarar , could you rise above these personal matters or is it asking too much from you?

Sheraz1977 said:
Tarar , could you rise above these personal matters or is it asking too much from you?

it is asking too much.

now, please post your innumerable diplomas and degrees and impress us.

Sheraz1977 said:
I am not a religious person. I don't pray 5 times a day, i watch movies, listen to music and i have female friends .

But i never try to justify any of these things in Islam. I admit that none of these are allowed in Islam .

It is better to accept a sin than becoming a hypocrite (munafiq).

yeah, no. you're still being a hypocrite. if you're not going to follow the teachings of your beloved religion then you don't have the right to whine about someone else not following them either.

yeah, no. you're still being a hypocrite. if you're not going to follow the teachings of your beloved religion then you don't have the right to whine about someone else not following them either.

Try to read clearly.

I have no problem if Shoaib doesn't follow Islam. ......that is his personal matter .

But he has no right to justify things which are not allowed in Islam.

Sheraz1977 said:

so you are saying a Mullah makes something unislamic or islamic is okay but a common man cannot says something where he is giving his opinion and in no authority to make a ruling. Who has more authority on influencing people? What if someone posted music was played 1400 years ago or certain types of music is allowed in Islam. There are different believes and a sect doesn't rule the other. If Music was not allowed at all then TV in Islamic countries would have changed dramatically and you will not even see a news channel the way it is now

Sheraz1977 said:
Try to read clearly.

I have no problem if Shoaib doesn't follow Islam. ......that is his personal matter .

But he has no right to justify things which are not allowed in Islam.

why? I don't see the connection. if you don't follow your beloved religion, then don't whine about what the other guy is saying or doing.

think about it next time.

12thMan said:
so you are saying a Mullah makes something unislamic or islamic is okay but a common man cannot says something where he is giving his opinion and in no authority to make a ruling. Who has more authority on influencing people? What if someone posted music was played 1400 years ago or certain types of music is allowed in Islam. There are different believes and a sect doesn't rule the other. If Music was not allowed at all then TV in Islamic countries would have changed dramatically and you will not even see a news channel the way it is now

Mullah ??????

I was talking about Prophet who is the source of all this religious knowledge.

Now don't tell me that Shoaib Mansoor knows more about Islam than Prophet

why? I don't see the connection. if you don't follow your beloved religion, then don't whine about what the other guy is saying or doing.

I have every right to criticise anyone if i fell that he has done somethin wrong.

I don't seek guidance from your views

Sheraz1977 said:
I have every right to criticise anyone if i fell that he has done somethin wrong.

I don't seek guidance from your views

similarly, Shoaib Mansoor has every right to present his views on anything. he doesn't need permission from you. it's a free world. people can say what they want. learn to live with it.

Sheraz1977 said:
Mullah ??????

I was talking about Prophet who is the source of all this religious knowledge.

Now don't tell me that Shoaib Mansoor knows more about Islam than Prophet
You don't worry about mullahs in Pakistan making education or vaccination un-islamic but worried about what Shaoib Mansoor said. I don't know how you caught this Shoaib Mansoor news but missed things that are affecting thousands of people in Pakistan and defining Islam

here is a link saying certain types of music are not allowed but all music in not haram
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503545728

now you will come back with that is not a good enough website or some other website saying no all music is haram. There is no point in this

similarly, Shoaib Mansoor has every right to present his views on anything. he doesn't need permission from you. it's a free world. people can say what they want. learn to live with it.

There is a difference here.

What Shoaib is saying is in clear contradiction to what Prophet has said.

It is like i start saying that i know the message of the movie "Khuda key liyay" better than Shoaib mansoor.

Ridiculous

Sheraz1977 said:

read what i said...'interpretations of our faith'...
dont start throwing the 'prophet said this or that' card.. i assume you belong to a particular 'school of thought'..what you believe and what others believe, it may surprise you, are not the same...your arrogance doesn't surprise me though.

12thMan said:
You don't worry about mullahs in Pakistan making education or vaccination un-islamic but worried about what Shaoib Mansoor said. I don't know how you caught this Shoaib Mansoor news but missed things that are affecting thousands of people in Pakistan and defining Islam

here is a link saying certain types of music are not allowed but all music in not haram
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503545728

now you will come back with that is not a good enough website or some other website saying no all music is haram. There is no point in this

Yeah , all musical instruments except duff are not allowed.

Sheraz1977 said:
There is a difference here.

What Shoaib is saying is in clear contradiction to what Prophet has said.

It is like i start saying that i know the message of the movie "Khuda key liyay" better than Shoaib mansoor.

Ridiculous

SO WHAT!!!!!!!!

he can say what he wants. it's a free ****ing world. learn to ****ing read. it's a free ****ing world. he can say what he wants. I will say what I want. don't like it, then go suck on an egg.

the best thing for Shoaib Mansoor would be to do what I did - leave this ****ing closedminded cult of a religion that creates braindead zombies that run around killing people they don't agree with.

foojam said:
dont start throwing the 'prophet said this or that' card.. i assume you belong to a particular 'school of thought'..what you believe and what others believe, it may surprise you, are not the same...your arrogance doesn't surprise me though.

When the prophet has clearly forbidden something there is no need to interpret anything.

All the religious scholars during the past 1400 years have agreed that music is forbidden in Islam and now people like you come up with your "interpretations"

What do u say about the verse in Quran where it clearly allows husbands to beat their wives. How do you interpret it?

I wanna know :))

foojam said:

he belongs to the school of hypocrisy as do all mullahs. they're all fine dancing to the latest Bollywood tunes. tell me what is so Islamic about Bollywood films. I don't see you whining about them. why does it irritate your bowels when someone makes a good Pakistani film?

either practise your religion and then whine and preach about it. otherwise, stfu.

SO WHAT!!!!!!!!

he can say what he wants. it's a free ****ing world. learn to ****ing read. it's a free ****ing world. he can say what he wants. I will say what I want. don't like it, then go suck on an egg.

the best thing for Shoaib Mansoor would be to do what I did - leave this ****ing closedminded cult of a religion that creates braindead zombies that run around killing people they don't agree with.

Clearly when you lose your temper it is a sign that you are losing your argument.

learn to argue in a civilized manner

Sheraz1977 said:
Yeah , all musical instruments except duff are not allowed.
a change already :13: read the rulings and interpretations. you will find one that says only duff and you you will find that says nothiong about instruments. You believe which one you believe and let others have their's. But in the end it doesn't mean music is not allowed because duffs are allowed as said by you. And people can sing too. I am not sure about the breaks during the news where they play music or does Saudi Arabia have an Anthem that gets played on instruments?

anyway this thread was about the movie

Last edited:
Sheraz1977 said:
What do u say about the verse in Quran where it clearly allows husbands to beat their wives. How do you interpret it?

I interpret that as barbaric, animalistic, jahilana and retarded. Quran can say, God can say that. your Prophet can say that - I don't give a siht.

if a husband as a right to beat his wife, then the wife has a right to beat her husband. so, in the end it isn't a marriage, it is a wrestling match. what a beautiful religion. religion of peace indeed. can't even keep peace in a marriage between two people and it is supposed to be the code for humanity. spare me.

Last edited:
Sheraz1977 said:
When the prophet has clearly forbidden something there is no need to interpret anything.

All the religious scholars during the past 1400 years have agreed that music is forbidden in Islam and now people like you come up with your "interpretations"

do you find it difficult to understand that different people have different opinions?..what gets me is how arrogant you are in your arguments and yet declare that you do everythingyou believe is wrong..doesnt leave you much room for credibility does it?

give it a break.....deal w/ religion as a private matter...practice it your own way....no need to push your beliefs on others....the bottom line is the One God and Mohammad (PBUH) the messenger....don't hurt others and make religion simple not complicated. if one of you think its haram then don't watch it, and if the other thinks its not then do watch it. but don't try to convince one another because no one will win. we are not perfect and that is how God has made us, i am sure life after this is not as complicated as people make it to be....its just my opinion....

Sheraz1977 said:

i find it difficult to reconcile with my personal beliefs..let me guess tho..if u are/will et married is this the one stricture that you will follow?

foojam said:
do you find it difficult to understand that different people have different opinions?..what gets me is how arrogant you are in your arguments and yet declare that you do everythingyou believe is wrong..doesnt leave you much room for credibility does it?

OK let me make it very clear

Prophet says "x,y,z is not allowed in islam"

As straightforward as it can get

Is there any room for interpretation here?

A better attitude is to say that "yes the thing is not allowed in Islam but we are still doing it."

Instead people like you (who lack moral courage to admit that they are doing something wrong) try to say "The thing is allowed in Islam and we are right. It has not been interpreted rightly" :)))

Seriously that doesn't make sense

foojam said:
i find it difficult to reconcile with my personal beliefs..let me guess tho..if u are/will et married is this the one stricture that you will follow?

No i won't.

But i am not the one who will start wasting my time trying to interpret it in a way that suits my beliefs.

J-Essence said:
give it a break.....deal w/ religion as a private matter...practice it your own way....no need to push your beliefs on others....the bottom line is the One God and Mohammad (PBUH) the messenger....don't hurt others and make religion simple not complicated. if one of you think its haram then don't watch it, and if the other thinks its not then do watch it. but don't try to convince one another because no one will win. we are not perfect and that is how God has made us, i am sure life after this is not as complicated as people make it to be....its just my opinion....
and a good opinion

There is a difference between muslims and christians here.

Christians do many things that are not allowed in Bible but very rarely have i seen anyone of them trying to justify those actions in Bible.

With Muslims it is totally opposite. They also do things that are against their religion but at the same time keep wasting their time in justifying those actions in their religion.

In the end it gives birth to endless disputes and leads nowhere.

Sheraz1977 said:
Instead people like you (who lack moral courage to admit that they are doing something wrong) try to say "The thing is allowed in Islam and we are right. It has not been interpreted rightly" :)))
:9: many people keep the religeous issues and practices to themselves. Some religeous ones have dealt and discussed it a lot better and didn't make claims. You tried to put down an etnertainer like he was giving a sermon and said you were educated person and when asked rubbished the question. It is not a matter of if I or someone else is doing something wrong as this movie from the sounds of it doesn't promote beliefs but it is about statements made on public forum about someone's opinion and people are trying to get more knowledge about it

I told you before, if music is not allowed, then do something about it. Use your head. Is civilisation possible without music, the arts and even drama? Has there ever been a civilisation without these essential ingredients. This kind of thinking will turn Pakistan into Talibanistan as it did to Afghanistan. Prophet allowed 'duff' so you'd only allow duff, but did the prophet stop me from using an electric guitar? Is their a hadith about a saxophone? Did prophet allow you to drive a car or are you still on top of that fugly camel? Is their a hadith about Levi Strauss 501 (Red Tab) jeans? No? Why should I wear ugly jubbas then? If Allah chose to send the prophet to a culturally retarded nation in general and musically retarded nation in particular, does it mean that we should all become musically retarded? Don't forget, the prophet was sent to sort out the "Baddu budbakht's culture and you have labeled the same culture as Islam" as my dear teacher used to say.

Joseph K. said:
I told you before, if music is not allowed, then do something about it. Use your head. Is civilisation possible without music, the arts and even drama? Has there ever been a civilisation without these essential ingredients. This kind of thinking will turn Pakistan into Talibanistan as it did to Afghanistan. Prophet allowed 'duff' so you'd only allow duff, but did the prophet stop me from using an electric guitar? Is their a hadith about a saxophone? Did prophet allow you to drive a car or are you still on top of that fugly camel? Is their a hadith about Levi Strauss 501 (Red Tab) jeans? No? Why should I wear ugly jubbas then? If Allah chose to send the prophet to a culturally retarded nation in general and musically retarded nation in particular, does it mean that we should all become musically retarded? Don't forget, the prophet was sent to sort out the "Baddu budbakht's culture and you have labeled the same culture as Islam" as my dear teacher used to say.

your lack of knowledge amazes me.

prophet clearly said that musical instruments are not allowed.

Joseph K. said:
"Baddu budbakht's culture .

Just tell your ignorant teacher that he won't be a muslim today but due to these 'budbakht buddu's' efforts

Sheraz1977 said:
Just tell your ignorant teacher that he won't be a muslim today but due to these 'budbakht buddu's' efforts

sheraz the problem with u is that u think that u r the only one with knowledge while all the others r ignorant fools, and know nothing at all.

islam was sent for all civilizations. we cant remain in the past. we have to move on with the time. at that time duff was the latest instrument, while today an electric guitar is. and sheraz y r u even on this forum. isnt the banner according to u haram (it has pictures of people) ?? y r still posting on this site?? y r u even on the pc ?? y r u watching the cricket videos or infact any videos ??? rnt they haram?? y r u watching tv isnt that haram?? y r u watching movies , rnt they haram ?? there r people in there.

:9: :9: :30:

Last edited:
I am not going into an argument with anyone about the legality or otherwise of music but this is a fact that many noted scholars all throughout the history of Islam have believed music to be allowed including Imam Ghazali, Ibne Taimiyyah and many many more. So when Shoaib Mansoor says that music is allowed in Islam, its hardly something novel which no one has ever said before. In fact, the character of Naseeruddin Shah uses arguments given by these scholars when he justifies music in the movie and not something like "because Shoaib Mansoor thinks so". Knowing Shoaib Mansoor, I am sure he set out to make the movie after doing extensive research on this subject and all the other controversial topics he has raised in the movie unlike some of the posters here who have absolutely no knowledge on the subject and have believed on mere hearsay for their religious education throughout their lives.

mumtaz said:
I am not going into an argument with anyone about the legality or otherwise of music but this is a fact that many noted scholars all throughout the history of Islam have believed music to be allowed including Imam Ghazali, Ibne Taimiyyah and many many more. So when Shoaib Mansoor says that music is allowed in Islam, its hardly something novel which no one has ever said before. In fact, the character of Naseeruddin Shah uses arguments given by these scholars when he justifies music in the movie and not something like "because Shoaib Mansoor thinks so". Knowing Shoaib Mansoor, I am sure he set out to make the movie after doing extensive research on this subject and all the other controversial topics he has raised in the movie unlike some of the posters here who have absolutely no knowledge on the subject and have believed on mere hearsay for their religious education throughout their lives.

the religious scholar for the movie was ghamdi. he is a very good learned scholar (mashAllah) and comes on tv alot. so he knows wat he is doing.

Music is haram if you do haram things with it. I think we all smart enough to realize what this means, would be hard to comprehand for others I guess.

Zechariah said:
Music is haram if you do haram things with it. I think we all smart enough to realize what this means, would be hard to comprehand for others I guess.

ya true, like when the music causes the wrong type of emotions in u, like some songs do. such as fergie's song, my humps, and shakira's songs, eminem songs. mostly those songs which r related to s e x.

Sheraz1977 said:

There is a difference between the two.

I have no problem with Shoaib Mansoor but he should stick to his work .Instead of that he has started defining Islam according to his own personal likes and dislikes.

if he condemed music y did the girls sing the song or (when the moon split) when he came into madinah.

Sheraz1977 said:
your lack of knowledge amazes me.

prophet clearly said that musical instruments are not allowed.

How educated are you, say it again, mon fruit! You are a gem, mate. Is there a hadith explicitly forbidding roundabout exports, pyramid schemes, VAT fraud, possession of child pornography? No. Does this historical fact make all these scams right? Common sense can be used to make decisions in life. We don't have to rewind back to 1400 years ago to make decisions in year 2007. No wonder girlfriends get rid of you every six months:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=5817&page=5&pp=50

You are being argumentative for the sake of it. But it is a good thing. Others have gone, only you are left to become the last exponent of the shallowness of our so-called religious people. Stay around for a while. You are a knowledgeable person, I salute your "education" and "knowledge". Stay around for a while, we need someone to show us the shallowness behind all the prevalent religious dogmas.

Sheraz1977 said:
Every girl friend of mine leaves me after 5 - 6 months.

Joseph K. said:
No wonder girlfriends get rid of you every six months:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=5817&page=5&pp=50

Subhanallah and Mashallah, Sheraz1977.

so you have girlfriends that you change every 5-6 months but you think that music is haram! what did the Prophet say about having girlfriends and getting a new one every 5-6 months? wow. you must be very educated.

so you have girlfriends that you change every 5-6 months but you think that music is haram! what did the Prophet say about having girlfriends and getting a new one every 5-6 months? wow. you must be very educated.

right on , that was wat i was thinking just now when i saw jk's post. how can he say that music is haram and yet have girls friends , whom almost all scholars agree to that is not allowed in islam ( this i believe but am not asserting to u guys, cos u guys have different opinions).

Last edited:
I don't condemn you for having girlfriends Sheraz. I had one 19 years ago, then I married her and now she is the mother of my children. This is your personal affair. But changing girlfriends frequently is plain and simply wrong.

pakistani_banda said:
the religious scholar for the movie was ghamdi. he is a very good learned scholar (mashAllah) and comes on tv alot. so he knows wat he is doing.

I am a big big fan of Ghamidi myself. I just didnt want to put his name in there bcoz I have seen ppl go into a tailspin on the mention of his very name. Btw is there a confirmed report or something that he was consulted on the movie?

mumtaz said:
I am a big big fan of Ghamidi myself. I just didnt want to put his name in there bcoz I have seen ppl go into a tailspin on the mention of his very name. Btw is there a confirmed report or something that he was consulted on the movie?

ya his name was in the credits of the film at the end of the movie.

man i just love all the songs of the film.

especially humaray hain, bandya , and mahi vay

music being haraam is the biggest cr@p made up from the mullahs.

its quite clear that no where in the quraan, allah has mentioned about music.
if its not in the quraan then its obviously not haraam.

now if theres a hadith against it, that doesnt make it haraam,
there are many hadiths that will be against it, then for it.

hadith is a hadith, only if the quraan opposes it, then its haraam,

So who has actually seen the film? Stand and be counted. Some account of the first impressions of the whole package would be very welcome. We have had enough of controversy and we have lost some good old friends because of all the arguments, let's have some talk about the movie now!!!

Joseph K. said:
So who has actually seen the film? Stand and be counted. Some account of the first impressions of the whole package would be very welcome. We have had enough of controversy and we have lost some good old friends because of all the arguments, let's have some talk about the movie now!!!

i watched themovie in dha cinema in lahore. it is one of the best movie that i have ever seen. i want to watch it again, but my mom is saying that it is expensive at Rs250 per ticket, while a normal movie is usually for only Rs 25.

i love the songs. i have already listened to the whole album like at least 6 or so times since i got it, and im listening to them right now.

pakistani_banda said:
i watched themovie in dha cinema in lahore. it is one of the best movie that i have ever seen. i want to watch it again, but my mom is saying that it is expensive at Rs250 per ticket, while a normal movie is usually for only Rs 25.

i love the songs. i have already listened to the whole album like at least 6 or so times since i got it, and im listening to them right now.

So are the songs from this movie being played everywhere like they do only in Pakistan: at the paan shop, at hairdresser's, in wagons and buses, in streets and bazaars? Has 'Allah hoo' finally replaced 'choli kay pichay kya hai'?

Joseph K. said:
So are the songs from this movie being played everywhere like they do only in Pakistan: at the paan shop, at hairdresser's, in wagons and buses, in streets and bazaars? Has 'Allah hoo' finally replaced 'choli kay pichay kya hai'?

haha, well not yet, but it may soon.

pakistani_banda said:

the has been no film at Rs25, even the old cinemas at lakmi chowk charge over 100.

and you dnt have to watch it at dha only, watch it for only 100 at gulistan or 150 at sozo world,

suhaib said:
the has been no film at Rs25, even the old cinemas at lakmi chowk charge over 100.

and you dnt have to watch it at dha only, watch it for only 100 at gulistan or 150 at sozo world,
you can still watch it for 35.

suhaib said:

i read it some where, and my news paper guy told me that the movies r for Rs 25. they maybe for the price ur saying.

i prefer the dha one cos it is closer to my home, and the security is mashAllah good, and the crowd is good, there r no lafangas, mostly families r there, and its new and clean. though it was an auditorium before.

Having girlfriends is not allowed in Islam.

What i did was wrong.

Better be a sinner than a hypocrite.

Last edited:
suhaib said:

:)))

I think you should stop saying your prayers too as nowhere Quran tells us how to pray.

Originally Posted by suhaib

Let's see what do you have to say about concubinage then

Clearly Quran has allowed it.

Most of the great Islamic scholars,caliphs and rulers were sons of concubines . it was one of the most widely accepted practices in islam.

I wanna know your views

Guys,
please respect the forum boundaries.
I interpret that as barbaric, animalistic, jahilana and retarded. Quran can say, God can say that. your Prophet can say that - I don't give a siht.

if a husband as a right to beat his wife, then the wife has a right to beat her husband. so, in the end it isn't a marriage, it is a wrestling match. what a beautiful religion. religion of peace indeed. can't even keep peace in a marriage between two people and it is supposed to be the code for humanity. spare me.

MT,
You lost your cool there...you lost it big time and Shehraz you too are at fault for provoking this mess!!

Please read this because i don't think i will be able to explain the issue as well as this person.

"The problem is arabic is such a complex language and one word can have 5 different meanings. The word for beating in arabic used in the verse also means leave / separate/ abandon and considering the very next verse is about divorce procedures "leave your wife" instead "beat your wife" makes a lot more sense especially that it was written in the masculine form rather than the feminine form which it had to be written in if women were to be the object in the sentence. Also,there are several other verses that say that a woman's completely entitled to leave a marriage if she even fears cruelty and that a husband is required to treat his wife with kindness,gentleness etc.. as well as several hadiths(sayings by the prophet) referring to this subject, one of which clearly states that a husband musn't beat his wife. There's a popular belief that if the verse did mean strike than it means striking her gently on her hand with a siwak (something sort of like a err..historic toothbrush made from a plant) as long as it doesn't leave any marks which is probably a load of *** because it was the interpretation of an ancient popular scholar called Imam Shafie which really doesn't seem to have basis anywere be it from the prophet or from the kor'an."

PlanetPakistan said:
Guys,

MT,
You lost your cool there...you lost it big time and Shehraz you too are at fault for provoking this mess!!

PP, you are right. Although I don't agree with Sheraz but virtually I can see the foam coming out of MT' mouth.

Sheraz1977 said:

Most of the great Islamic scholars,caliphs and rulers were sons of concubines . it was one of the most widely accepted practices in islam.

I wanna know your views

Concubinage is wrong full stop. Morally wrong and degrading towards women. Wrong, period. Allowed or not allowed. Come out of the caves folks, we are living in the 21st century. Don't present the early medieval Arab culture and its evils as Islam. Use some common sense.

PlanetPakistan said:
Guys,

MT,

Please read this because i don't think i will be able to explain the issue as well as this person.

"The problem is arabic is such a complex language and one word can have 5 different meanings. The word for beating in arabic used in the verse also means leave / separate/ abandon and considering the very next verse is about divorce procedures "leave your wife" instead "beat your wife" makes a lot more sense especially that it was written in the masculine form rather than the feminine form which it had to be written in if women were to be the object in the sentence. Also,there are several other verses that say that a woman's completely entitled to leave a marriage if she even fears cruelty and that a husband is required to treat his wife with kindness,gentleness etc.. as well as several hadiths(sayings by the prophet) referring to this subject, one of which clearly states that a husband musn't beat his wife. There's a popular belief that if the verse did mean strike than it means striking her gently on her hand with a siwak (something sort of like a err..historic toothbrush made from a plant) as long as it doesn't leave any marks which is probably a load of *** because it was the interpretation of an ancient popular scholar called Imam Shafie which really doesn't seem to have basis anywere be it from the prophet or from the kor'an."

yes I did lose it for a bit. however, what I posted there is my real opinion. I've been reading these explanations my whole life and frankly they seem like nothing more than apologetic cliches for archaic and often subhuman teachings that hypocrites like Sheraz1977 cling to. the more nonsensical a teaching, the equally fantastical seems the explanation.

Sheraz1977 said:
Having girlfriends is not allowed in Islam.

What i did was wrong.

Better be a sinner than a hypocrite.

so do you beat up your girlfriends in accordance with the teachings you posted. is that why they leave you stud of a hypocrite every 5-6 months?

yeah, no chanda, it's hypocritical of you to get your panties in a knot over music and Shoaib Mansoor but you think running around fornicating with a new girl every 5-6 months is fine. I can't believe how big of a hypocrite you are. you do know what the punishment for zina is right? if you don't, let me know. not only will I educate you, I will also partake in cleansing your soul by administering your religion's prescribed punishment for a hypocrite zani like you. Inshallah.

There's a clear difference. Not following a teaching is a personal matter. But trying to prove that something is a part of Islam when it isn't, is not. It hinders people who are trying to following those teachings.

Following your line lof thinking, would you "go suck an egg" when someone airs a view of his that we should all go and bomb a nightclub?

Free world? Would I be free to air my 'views' about someone and their female relatives then? Would I be free to incite someone to criminal acts? Ofcourse not. It's not a free world, there are certain things you're not allowed to do. In a Muslim country, spreading a false 'understanding' of Islam should be one such thing.

the best thing for Shoaib Mansoor would be to do what I did - leave this ****ing closedminded cult of a religion that creates braindead zombies that run around killing people they don't agree with..

C'mon yaar, I admit I strongly disagre with your views, but usually you're quite knowledgable. Don't ruin it with comments as ignorant as that - one would think you're completely unaware of history.

Munda Pakistani said:
There's a clear difference. Not following a teaching is a personal matter. But trying to prove that something is a part of Islam when it isn't, is not. It hinders people who are trying to following those teachings.
Who's an idiot that is going to take religious teachings from a film? And if people are that dumb, then they don't deserve the proper understanding of Islam...

Sheraz1977 said:

I wanna know your views
Throwing around soundbites is all well and good. Do name me just one scholar/caliph/ruler who was a son of a concubine?

I'll try one more time. Shoaib Mansoor is not the first person who has suggested that music is allowed in Islam. Great Islamic scholars ( I can give you a list of at least 20 very well-known people) througout our history have held this opinion including Imam Ghazali, Ibne Taimiyyah, Ibn Hazm etc. Among the contemporary scholars, Javed Ghamidi is most notable person holding this view. So why are these scholars not labelled all that Shoaib Mansoor is.

Javed Ghamidi was even consulted on the movie. So when Naseeruddin Shah justifies music in the film, it is based on Javed Ghamidi's arguments and not on "because Shoaib Mansoor thinks so" or "because it doesnt feel right".

I think the problem arose with the Director's statement when Shoman mentions that "I could never believe that God could hate the two most beautiful things........". People thought that he was trying to change Islam based on his personal whims. This might be his belief but he didnt make the movie based on his personal belief. Like the true professional he is, he went and researched and found sound religious arguments to justify his POV. I could have expected nothing less from him.

Again I am not discussing the validity or otherwise of this religious opinion on music, that can be for another thread. All I am saying is that a significant minority of great Islamic scholars have always held this view and all the movie is doing is to promote that POV based on sound religious arguments. IMO, it is perfectly equivalent to a movie in which music is declared haram because that is the just the other opinion.

zaf1986 said:
Throwing around soundbites is all well and good. Do name me just one scholar/caliph/ruler who was a son of a concubine?

You need some education in Islamic history.

Starting from Prophet's own son Hazrat ibrahim on to several umayyad caliphs and almost all of the abbasid caliphs.

To name the most famous

1) Marwan II (744-750) son of a kurdish concubine

2) Abu Jafar Al- Mansur (754-775) son of a berber concubine

3) The famous Harun al Rashid (786-809) son of Khayzuran , a yemenite concubine

4) Mamun (813-833) son of Harun and a persian concubine named Marajil

Infact 35 of the 37 Abbasid Caliphs were sons of concubines ...the only exceptions being the first abbasid caliph Al Saffah and the 5th caliph Al Amin

Similarly most of the ottoman sultans were sons of concubines. Infact none of the ottoman sultans of fifteenth and sixteenth century ever married except Suleyman the magnificent .They all had huge number of concubines in ther harems.

so do you beat up your girlfriends in accordance with the teachings you posted. is that why they leave you stud of a hypocrite every 5-6 months?

yeah, no chanda, it's hypocritical of you to get your panties in a knot over music and Shoaib Mansoor but you think running around fornicating with a new girl every 5-6 months is fine. I can't believe how big of a hypocrite you are. you do know what the punishment for zina is right? if you don't, let me know. not only will I educate you, I will also partake in cleansing your soul by administering your religion's prescribed punishment for a hypocrite zani like you. Inshallah.

Tarar , try to get this in the abnormally miniscule brain of yours..

What i m trying to say is that Shoaib Mansoor without any solid basis of knowledge is trying to potray distorted image of Islam based on his own thinking.

This is not acceptable.

As for his personal life he could go on doing anything (singing, dancing, womanising, drinking).

I simply don't care.

Sheraz1977 said:

What i m trying to say is that Shoaib Mansoor without any solid basis of knowledge is trying to potray distorted image of Islam based on his own thinking.

This is not acceptable.

As for his personal life he could go on doing anything (singing, dancing, womanising, drinking).

I simply don't care.

I disagree with this, see my post above yours.

Sheraz1977 said:
:)))

I think you should stop saying your prayers too as nowhere Quran tells us how to pray.

praying is one of the 5 pillars of islam you dumbo, its meantioned many times in the quraan.

i guess that just proves your knoldage on islam,

Sheraz1977 said:

This is not acceptable.

I simply don't care.

well your other post just proved what you know on islam.

but get your facts right little boy, monsoor has backed up every single thing in the film with proper facts, hadiths and quotes from the quraan,

Back