KSI Uses Racial Slur In New Video, Announces Social Media Break

KingKhanWC

Test Captain
Runs
YouTuber KSI is being roundly criticised after saying a racial slur in a recent video. As he faced a justifiable backlash for his use of the word, the YouTuber apologised and announced he is taking a break from social media.

In a video for the Sidemen YouTube channel, KSI was playing a game based on Countdown where his team competed in trying to form the longest possible word using nine letters. KSI gave "P***" as his word. Other players are seen laughing in response in the video. The P-word is well known in the UK as a slur that has been used as racist abuse against people of South Asian heritage. The video has since been removed from the Sidemen YouTube channel.

https://www.thegamer.com/ksi-uses-racial-slur-in-new-video/

I never understood why people watch or listen to this guy, he has no talent and no brain.

Apologising is always good but wont make a difference. Sooner or later he will bump into someone who may go over the top and meek out violence towards him.

This isnt the 60's or 70's of UK, racism is alive but not open. The reason there can be consequences to such actions.

Why do people allow their children to watch the likes of this idiot , Paul brothers etc?

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Can this chap box at all? Never seen his fights.

KSI is getting rinsed for it but all those other ******* sat there laughing.

abysmal, hes a dumb click baiter so its not even that surprising, but having seen some of these guys before, to be laughing and joking about that is mad. also disappointing, but not surprising to see the one brown guy on the panel, apparently an indian, just go along with it.

also before our resident non-britpaks come in to tell us this isnt a slur and its just short for Pakistani, please just leave it out. thx

the britpak community is the only ethinc community in the UK that can get called out openly, whether its politicians calling us pedos, honour killers, extremists, or some YouTubers laughing the slurs off as a gag. its disappointing that we as a whole do not have enough economic or political capital to stop this from happening.

YouTube star KSI has apologised for using a racist slur in a video and announced he will take a break from social media.

The 29-year-old, who is also known as a boxer, rapper and founder of Prime energy drinks, used the derogatory word in a recent Sidemen video.

In a game based on Countdown, his team had to form the longest possible word from nine letters - and KSI gave "P***" as his attempt. The other players were seen laughing afterwards.

The video has since been removed from the Sidemen YouTube channel.

The clip drew outrage on social media, including from DJ Bobby Friction, who wrote: "I had this racial slur thrown at me & got physical beats by racists for my entire childhood.

"Genuinely upset that @KSI (a guy my children love) did this & thought it was funny. The rest of them laughing can go f*** themselves too. People dehumanising brown people like it normal."

KSI addressed the fallout in a tweet on Monday.

He said: "I wanna apologise for saying a racial slur in a recent Sidemen video.

"There's no excuse, no matter the circumstances, I shouldn't have said it and I'm sorry.

"I've always said to my audience that they shouldn't worship me or put me on a pedestal because I'm human.

"I'm not perfect, I'm gonna mess up in life, and lately I've been messing up a lot. So I've decided I'm gonna just take a break from social media for a while."

It's not the first time KSI has been forced to apologise for his language. In 2021 he apologised for using a trans slur, saying he "didn't even know that t***** was a bad word".

SKY

abysmal, hes a dumb click baiter so its not even that surprising, but having seen some of these guys before, to be laughing and joking about that is mad. also disappointing, but not surprising to see the one brown guy on the panel, apparently an indian, just go along with it.

also before our resident non-britpaks come in to tell us this isnt a slur and its just short for Pakistani, please just leave it out. thx

the britpak community is the only ethinc community in the UK that can get called out openly, whether its politicians calling us pedos, honour killers, extremists, or some YouTubers laughing the slurs off as a gag. its disappointing that we as a whole do not have enough economic or political capital to stop this from happening.

I enjoy reading your posts, there is a sense of olde english civility about them as informative and substantive.

I have always thought that we have empowered the racists by not reclaiming this 'slur' for ourselves. If we did we would remove the stigma and disarm the racists.

It is not on the same level as the n word as that is biological with connotations of slavery and over 200 years old.

Many Pakistanis use it amongst themselves, it indeed was a shortening of Pakistani, Afghans come from Afghanistan, Uzbecks from Uzbeckistan, Khazaks from Khazakstan, using that logic...

I guess we as a community were not confident back then in the 70's amd because Indians also hated that term as it used against them too, I think it remained a term of abuse.

In fact if were a secure in our skin community with enough political and economic capital we should reclaim it, and hopefully it would have the same strength/weakness as Jock, Paddy, Taff, Aussie etc.

I wonder how much of this is due to us primarily identifying as Muslims rather than Pakistanis? E.g. there is a Muslim Council of Britain but there is no "British Pakistani Council of Britain". Our ethnic identity is not as strong as other groups. Maybe I'm just waffling..

I enjoy reading your posts, there is a sense of olde english civility about them as informative and substantive.

I have always thought that we have empowered the racists by not reclaiming this 'slur' for ourselves. If we did we would remove the stigma and disarm the racists.

It is not on the same level as the n word as that is biological with connotations of slavery and over 200 years old.

Many Pakistanis use it amongst themselves, it indeed was a shortening of Pakistani, Afghans come from Afghanistan, Uzbecks from Uzbeckistan, Khazaks from Khazakstan, using that logic...

I guess we as a community were not confident back then in the 70's amd because Indians also hated that term as it used against them too, I think it remained a term of abuse.

In fact if were a secure in our skin community with enough political and economic capital we should reclaim it, and hopefully it would have the same strength/weakness as Jock, Paddy, Taff, Aussie etc.

i agree with the fundamental point about their nothing being inherently wrong with the word, but the history of the weight that comes with the word is what gives it context, if i knew that people wanted to use the word for innocent purposes then itd be great, but we both the know the people who enjoy using the term the most are those who wanna bait britpaks.

so i wouldn't say its insecurity, id say its knowing if legitimised, what that word would be primarily used for, maybe in hundred years it could be just another word, but i dont think it'll be that right now.

I wonder how much of this is due to us primarily identifying as Muslims rather than Pakistanis? E.g. there is a Muslim Council of Britain but there is no "British Pakistani Council of Britain". Our ethnic identity is not as strong as other groups. Maybe I'm just waffling..

not sure, but I'm not talking about groups such as the Muslim council, I'm talking about having the economic power to make the price of making such comments not worth it.

Never understood why this loser got so famous in the first place. When he started, he did cringeworthy FIFA videos, which little nerds loved. Then he started rapping, even though he can’t rap and his music is awful. Then he started his boxing career, where he has clearly hand picked his opponents to make himself look good. Put him in the ring against Tommy Fury and he loses easily, just like that other loser Jake Paul, who is a better boxer than KSI.

Last edited:
Black people would get offended if someone says the N word even as joke. But they are very quick to use other racist words themselves. That reeks of hypocrisy.

Black people would get offended if someone says the N word even as joke. But they are very quick to use other racist words themselves. That reeks of hypocrisy.

This is a racist post. Someone asked me if Muslims could be racists, here is proof. To generalise and denigrate a whole group is definition of racism. And it is not even even even correct. Has this poster not heard of any black comedians, watched black films, listened to black songs, they are littered with the n word.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Can this chap box at all? Never seen his fights.

I think I did a while back, not as horrible as what I’ve seen seen from 99% of YT boxers, but that’s not saying much. Paul is the best of the lot. This guy and his fans have a very low IQ, a cult who put their fandom above everything. He and the asian laughing, should know better, being from the UK

This is a racist post. Someone asked me if Muslims could be racists, here is proof. To generalise and denigrate a whole group is definition of racism. And it is not even even even correct. Has this poster not heard of any black comedians, watched black films, listened to black songs, they are littered with the n word.

If Muslims could be racist….are you not generalising yourself

I am speaking from personal experience of living in an area full of black people. I wasn’t trying to generalise.

I am speaking from personal experience of living in an area full of black people. I wasn’t trying to generalise.

Between mates all sorts are exchanged without issue.

Beyond that a lot of folk in this gen seem ignorant to the significance of the P word which is a problem

ive seen indians when called a pak will be like but im not even pak, that's the great thing about the word for racists, they can use it against all brown ppl and some of them think it was said as a technical error. :salute

I grew up with Indians from Punjab at school, and anyone called them the P word, they would likely get a knuckle sandwich, because they didn't take kindly to being spoken to in a derogatory manner. You can bet they wouldn't get called that again.

I don't know where today's Indians originate from, but the sheepish silence or ingrate laugh-along suggests a different mentality where maybe today's Indians are happy to be second class as long as they aren't seen as third. There's a great Goodness Gracious Me skit on it, I might dig it up at some point.

If Muslims could be racist….are you not generalising yourself

Originally I had prefaced Muslims that with 'some'. Tho the poster in question was I think trying to pin me down on the category error that Muslims are not a race so how can they be racists?

I think I did a while back, not as horrible as what I’ve seen seen from 99% of YT boxers, but that’s not saying much. Paul is the best of the lot. This guy and his fans have a very low IQ, a cult who put their fandom above everything. He and the asian laughing, should know better, being from the UK

I can barely understand what he is saying, sounds worse than 50 cent who at least was shot in the face.

The other Asian is an Indian, expected from those.

Now this.

KSI: YouTuber visits mosque after racial slur in Sidemen video

YouTuber KSI has visited a mosque and apologised again for using a racial slur in a YouTube video.

In the now-deleted clip with his group The Sidemen, he created a four-letter derogatory word for people of South Asian origin during a Countdown game.

KSI also used a boxing preview event on Wednesday to apologise for causing "hurt and disappointment".

The rapper said he'd engaged in "very early conversations with some people from South Asian communities".

KSI didn't give any more details but on Tuesday evening he was seen at the Al-Hikam Institute in Bradford.

The 29-year-old was filmed wearing a red covering during the visit, listening to Imam Muhammed Asim Hussain.

In the clip, which has been viewed millions of times on social media, the Imam can be heard saying: "With the intention of malice, even those probably sat on the side, they probably didn't understand... they might have just been like laughed off.

"He's here to learn about what it is, he's never been in a mosque."

'Educating him'
Hafiz Asad Hussein, another of the mosque leaders who spoke to KSI, told BBC Asian Network the rapper was there for several hours "educating himself".

"He entered very respectfully, left very respectfully," he said.

Hafiz, who was "very upset" after seeing the video with the racial slur, says KSI's "head dropped when I told him... because a lot of kids look up to him".

But he feels the YouTuber has "taken a step to rectify himself and learn".

Usman Malik, who attends the mosque, says it's "a step in the right direction" to see him reaching out.

"Because it's educating him. He must not [have] realised it's a hurtful thing to hear.

"We're taught in Islam to forgive. So he's reached out and we've drawn a line."

Others though have doubted his motive, with one Twitter user writing he was there "because he's been advised by his PR team for damage limitation, to preserve his brand".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-65187225

Some Muslims are not the sharpest tools. This KSI chap only wants his profile to remain high, not that he cares . Besides he used a racist word related to Pakistanis, why take him to a mosque which is linked to religions?

Credit to KSI for at least appearing to show remorse by doing a mosque visit. I agree that it’s probably a PR move but it’s also a positive move and will also make the image of mosques more positive to his non Muslim subscribers.

I don’t like KSI as a fighter and celebrity and find him annoying. He’s made a mistake but he is at least making amends.

I honestly had never heard of this guy until he was mentioned on radio regarding this controversy.

What is he famous for?

I honestly had never heard of this guy until he was mentioned on radio regarding this controversy.

What is he famous for?

Honestly Saj, before boxing and prime drinks, KSI became famous for recording himself playing FIFA video games!

Honestly Saj, before boxing and prime drinks, KSI became famous for recording himself playing FIFA video games!

ok so he's quite an achiever then. A pillar of the community.

What is he famous for?

Never heard of him either but always creases me when you see these masks slip and the new Gen X, Z, Omega, Beta or whatever turn out to be no different from the ones which used to appear on 70's sitcoms which are banned from TV now. When they couldn't show Mind your Language, they just rebranded the same racist crap as Citizen Khan and hey presto now we have this chump revealing the reality behind the PR.

Seems like KSI is engaging in cultural education....P word is to obviously a marginal level, Britain's N word

Mosque visit was clearly a PR move. But sadly, too many gullible Muslims and Pakistanis will be easily pleased.

Some Indians seem to want to believe the word doesn't include them which is a tad funny.
And some pakistanis seem to wanna believe that word only belongs to them and not other south asians is also a tad funny.

Mosque visit was clearly a PR move. But sadly, too many gullible Muslims and Pakistanis will be easily pleased.

I don’t disagree - but how should we react to KSI for making the effort, whether he is genuine or not?

I don’t disagree - but how should we react to KSI for making the effort, whether he is genuine or not?

The Muslim thing to do would be to give him the benefit of the doubt, I mean if some extend it to Andrew Tate, surely someone who doesn’t choke women, live of immoral earnings, move to countries where rape laws are relaxed deserves that benefit of the doubt more. KSI wasn't even using it maliciously just a stupid moment for comedic effect.

I can barely understand what he is saying, sounds worse than 50 cent who at least was shot in the face.

The other Asian is an Indian, expected from those.

Now this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-65187225

Some Muslims are not the sharpest tools. This KSI chap only wants his profile to remain high, not that he cares . Besides he used a racist word related to Pakistanis, why take him to a mosque which is linked to religions?

That just reinforces how out of touch he is, he should be speaking to people and their family’s who were victims of the violence and racism in the 70’s and 80’s both in the asian and his own community. Yeah, I bet that Indian is from down south, ones in Brum are not as gullible or uncle toms.

The Muslim thing to do would be to give him the benefit of the doubt, I mean if some extend it to Andrew Tate, surely someone who doesn’t choke women, live of immoral earnings, move to countries where rape laws are relaxed deserves that benefit of the doubt more. KSI wasn't even using it maliciously just a stupid moment for comedic effect.

Yes that would be the Muslim thing to do, and if you are following the story you can see the Imam accepted his apology.

We shouldn’t react at all. No one should even watch this KSI’s videos. He isn’t funny.

Have you accepted his apology. Not following story and I ask assuming KSI apologised to all those he offended.

Why does what I think matter? You were the one who was declaring the right thing for a Muslim to do, that was answered by giving the example of the Imam. Would you like to know what I eat for breakfast as well maybe?

That just reinforces how out of touch he is, he should be speaking to people and their family’s who were victims of the violence and racism in the 70’s and 80’s both in the asian and his own community. Yeah, I bet that Indian is from down south, ones in Brum are not as gullible or uncle toms.

Are you two Pakistani or a parody?

Back