Left arm fast bowling

Abdullahkhalid

Debutant
Runs
Assalam o alaikum everyone. My name is abdullah and I'm a complete cricket fanatic. I'm a left arm fast bowler and 14 years old. I'm from Lahore and I wondered if anyone could help me with my bowling technique. I'm a die hard fan of wasim akram and intimidate his bowling action. However I can't seem to control my swing with the new ball as it goes in swinging for a wide down the leg side. And I suffer from lack of pace. I would be grateful for any kind of help
Thanks

Welcome, Abdullah. Considering I'm primarily an off-spinner myself, I don't think I can help you much. However, what I would suggest to you is contemplating your wrist position: is it directly behind the ball? Plus, are you completely comfortable in your run-up and follow through?

Assalam o alaikum everyone. My name is abdullah and I'm a complete cricket fanatic. I'm a left arm fast bowler and 14 years old. I'm from Lahore and I wondered if anyone could help me with my bowling technique. I'm a die hard fan of wasim akram and intimidate his bowling action. However I can't seem to control my swing with the new ball as it goes in swinging for a wide down the leg side. And I suffer from lack of pace. I would be grateful for any kind of help
Thanks

Is there any academy in Pakistan for fast bowling ?

On a side note, I assume you meant imitate when you wrote that highlighted word..

No point imitating a bowling action, each one is different. You should be comfortable and you obviously aren't if you can't control your bowling.

Thanks for all the replies.....and sorry for using the word "intimidate". I take a run up of 17 steps and yes I don't have difficulties with my run up. But sometimes when I bowl over the wicket my follow through goes to the right which might result in a wide. I have a question. If I take a big leap before throwing the ball, will that affect my pace and swing? I have played as an opener bowler from my school for a couple of matches but recently I can't bowl across the batsman i.e. the natural swing of a left arm. Can anyone help me with that? Thanks a lot.

Thanks for all the replies.....and sorry for using the word "intimidate". I take a run up of 17 steps and yes I don't have difficulties with my run up. But sometimes when I bowl over the wicket my follow through goes to the right which might result in a wide. I have a question. If I take a big leap before throwing the ball, will that affect my pace and swing? I have played as an opener bowler from my school for a couple of matches but recently I can't bowl across the batsman i.e. the natural swing of a left arm. Can anyone help me with that? Thanks a lot.

I am a right arm pace bowler myself and I am 12 years old. So I guess we may be having some similarities. My advice to you would be-your wrist should be behind the ball,before you start your run up keep your eyes at the place where you are going to bowl and if you are comfortable with your run up,be it. If you are going to swing the ball then I think start some inches away from the place where you are originally planning to bowl because if the bowl swings,the ball would end up somewhere else.
I hope it helps.

Back