List of records held by Shahid Afridi

Umerr

Debutant
Runs
Pakistan's Shahid Afridi is arguably one of the most loved and followed cricketers in Pakistan. Afridi came to the limelight after scoring the fastest one-day international century (102 off 37 balls) against Sri Lanka in Nairobi on October 4th 1996, a record that is yet to be surpassed (and one that may never be). Here is list of the records held by Shahid Afridi.​

Shahid-Afridi.jpg

Fastest Century:
In his second One-day International, and his very first innings, Shahid Afridi walked in with Waqar Younis' bat [gifted to Waqar by Sachin Tendulkar], and blasted the then World Champions, Sri Lanka for the fastest ever 100 in one-day International cricket. His destructive innings brought up three figures in just 37 balls.

Afridi also holds the record for the 4th (100 of 45 deliveries) and 7th(100 of 53 deliveries) fastest hundreds which he smashed against India and Bangladesh respectively.

Fastest Fifty:
Shahid Afridi also holds the record for twice hitting the second fastest fifty in one-day Internationals (off 18 deliveries), and he has the record for hitting the 5th fastest fifty to his name as well (off 19 deliveries).

Shahid Afridi has also scored fifties off 20,21 and 22 deliveries.

Youngest player to score a hundred:
Shahid Afridi is the youngest player ever to hit a one-day International's century. He scored his first century of International career at the age of just 16-years and 217-days.

Highest career strike rate:
Shahid Afridi has the *highest strike-rate in one-day International's [5882 runs] at a strike-rate of 113.82 per 100 balls.

*Minimum qualification for this record [1000 ODI runs]

Most sixes in career:
Shahid Afridi holds the record for hitting the most sixes in one-day International's, he has so far smashed 289 sixes in 325 matches. Sanath Jayasuriya who is second in the list has 270 sixes to his name in 444 ODI matches.

Most runs off one over:
Shahid Afridi holds the number two position in scoring most run off one over in ODI's, in 2007 he smashed Sri Lanka's CM Bandara for 32 runs in over [the most runs off one over record belongs to South Africa's Herschelle Gibbs 36 in one over].

Most matches in career:
Shahid Afridi is 10th in the list of most one-day International's played by a cricketer. Among the Pakistani cricketers he sits in at number three behind only Inzamam-ul-Haq and Wasim Akram.

Most Man of the Match Awards:
Shahid Afridi has won the man of the match award 24 times in his career, among Pakistani's he is second only to Saeed Anwar who has 28 man of the match awards.

Shahid_Afridi.jpg

Most wickets in career:
Shahid Afridi is one of eleven players who have taken more than 300 wickets in one-day Internationals, he sits at the number ten position jointly with India's Javagal Srinath, having taken 315 wickets in one-day Internationals. Shahid Afridi is also the third highest wicket-taker from Pakistan in one-day International's behind two legends of Pakistan cricket Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis.

Most wickets in T20 career:
Shahid Afridi also holds the record of being the leading wickets taker in T20 International's, he has 53 wickets to his name leading fellow Pakistani's Umar Gul, second with [47 wickets] and Saeed Ajmal, third with [43 wickets].​

Beautiful, charismatic, beastly.....:afridi He needs to come back and Ijaz Butt needs to get out!

And then some people dare say he should be out of the team. Shahid Afridi was one of the only World Class players remaining in the Pakistani line-up until he retired. (Ajmal and maybe Umar Akmal the other two)

I'm sure he aslo hold the record for bowling six different kinds of deliveries in an over

I'm sure he aslo hold the record for bowling six different kinds of deliveries in an over

And he's the first and the last spinner who can bowl bouncers and yorkers :afridi

Cmon let's be real about this and remove the so called 'records' which are only 2nd or 3rd or even 11th place.

Still, he does hold quite a few actual records.

also best advert by a cricket player.....head and shoulders. :)

LOL at the forced inclusion of a lot of non records :))

2nd in this, 4th in that, 10 in that :)))
If those are records every other cricketer is holding a lot of records man

Cmon let's be real about this and remove the so called 'records' which are only 2nd or 3rd or even 11th place.

Still, he does hold quite a few actual records.

exactly what i thought :yk
Made me :)))

how cute are the afridi fans :22:

those are just additional bits to make him look better :afridi

the post is mainly records for whcih he holds the #1 position for...

Sardarji what about the one of the fastest hundreds in ODI's. 44 balls of pure damage. :)) I;m sure you know the match.

I am not sardar :sachin
well that also isn't any record. Only the 37 ball hundred counts:21:

Are you serious? What the ... :)))

He is another myth breaker...!

List ODI batsmen with 20 or more zeros in their career.... and the percent of zeros in the innings they got out.
Gayle, YK, Gibbs ... all 3 above Afridi.

Attachments

• zero.jpg
    zero.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 9,704
Last edited:
freelance_cricketer said:
how cute are the afridi fans

Much better than being paranoid fan of some vegetable! ;-)

I think he holds some sort of records in doubles as well; something like 3,000 runs & 300 wickets.

I don't get some of these 'records'?

Why is being 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th considered a record?

Using that theory, you can delete most of those up there.

He is another myth breaker...!

List ODI batsmen with 20 or more zeros in their career.... and the percent of zeros in the innings they got out.
Gayle, YK, Gibbs ... all 3 above Afridi.

Do a percentage of 9 and under scores.

Ok. I will word it a different way.

What about the record for the most single digit scores?

Last edited:
One more milestone i just heard in my brain that also should be stuffed in the middle somewhere in the myriad of his never ending records.

Since his 36 ball Century Afridi has never aged i mean how can this go unnoticed is a rarity in PP.

Ok. I will word it a different way.

What about the record for the most single digit scores?

Of the batsmen who have 70 or more single digit scores....Murali.... 84 of his 99 innings are single digit.... i.e. 84.85%

So... you really don't know how to use Statsguru or Excel?

Of the batsmen who have 70 or more single digit scores....Murali.... 84 of his 99 innings are single digit.... i.e. 84.85%

So... you really don't know how to use Statsguru or Excel?

No. I'm ignorant.

Why haven't you mentioned where Afridi sits and should you be including out-and-out tailenders like Murali?

Also, just one curious thing an ignorant mind like mine picked up. When it comes to the number of wickets Afridi has taken, you don't take in to account matches played, but when it comes to ducks you do?

I'm sorry for such a simple observation, but like you have suggested I'm not the brightest. So, please enlighten me.

I'm sorry for such a simple observation, but like you have suggested I'm not the brightest. So, please enlighten me.

Where did I say you are not bright.....??? What has brightness got to do with being able to use Statsguru and Excel.... My Grandma is one of the brightest lady ..and yet can not use Excel and Statsguru.

Don't be assuming things!

One more milestone i just heard in my brain that also should be stuffed in the middle somewhere in the myriad of his never ending records.

Since his 36 ball Century Afridi has never aged i mean how can this go unnoticed is a rarity in PP.

Afridi is the only cricketer in the world who has found the spring of youthfulness! :afridi

Yes his records are impressive:

SHC upheld Afridi cricket ban

http://www.zimbio.com/Cricket/articles/UZUGZGKNaeu/SHC+upheld+Afridi+cricket+ban

ICC slaps two match ban on Afridi for ball tampering

http://www.hindustantimes.com/ICC-s...fridi-for-ball-tampering/Article1-503828.aspx

ICC bans Afridi for damaging pitch

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news...idi-for-damaging-pitch?tmpl=component&print=1

ICC imposes four-match ban on Afridi due to hitting the fan

http://www.action8cricket.com/cricket_news-icc_imposes_four_match_ban_on_afridi-134.htm

Sex scandal

http://www.espncricinfo.com/wisdencricketersa/content/story/273302.html

Shahid Afridi
Just before jetting out to a tournament in Singapore in 2000, Shahid Afridi, Atiq-uz-Zaman and Hasan Raza were caught entertaining a group of young ladies in their Karachi hotel rooms. The players insisted that the girls had merely "come to collect autographs" ... but the PCB didn't believe a word of it. All three players were fined and banned from the upcoming ICC hampions Trophy event in Kenya. Poor old Afridi took it the hardest: "My father, other and brothers have been very critical of my actions," he wailed. "They have been reprimanding me since the incident came into focus. It will be very difficult to turn around my career after this but I will surely give it my best shot."

Last edited:
I think we should cut Afridi some slack. This thread was about his achievements and not his many transgressions.

O yes! Afridi eat balls. Do you have some? :p

Afridi never scores when it matters. He is just a waste batsman when under pressure. Many a times he just throws away. Moreover with Hafeez bowling well these days, the toss up is between Afridi and Ajaml for the bowling spot, it is clear that Afridi needs to perform with the bat to be in the Team.

I thought Akram had the most MoM awards (not Anwar) ?

Wrong thought, Saeed Anwar has 28, Afridi and Inzamam both have 24.

How come being second, 10th or 11th in something is same as holding the record?

In that sense someone is on 20th or 30th or 100th too. Are they also hold a record?

yes his records are impressive:

shc upheld afridi cricket ban

http://www.zimbio.com/cricket/articles/uzugzgknaeu/shc+upheld+afridi+cricket+ban

icc slaps two match ban on afridi for ball tampering

http://www.hindustantimes.com/icc-s...fridi-for-ball-tampering/article1-503828.aspx

icc bans afridi for damaging pitch

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news...idi-for-damaging-pitch?tmpl=component&print=1

icc imposes four-match ban on afridi due to hitting the fan

http://www.action8cricket.com/cricket_news-icc_imposes_four_match_ban_on_afridi-134.htm

sex scandal

shahid afridi
just before jetting out to a tournament in singapore in 2000, shahid afridi, atiq-uz-zaman and hasan raza were caught entertaining a group of young ladies in their karachi hotel rooms. The players insisted that the girls had merely "come to collect autographs" ... but the pcb didn't believe a word of it. All three players were fined and banned from the upcoming icc hampions trophy event in kenya. poor old afridi took it the hardest: "my father, other and brothers have been very critical of my actions," he wailed. "they have been reprimanding me since the incident came into focus. it will be very difficult to turn around my career after this but i will surely give it my best shot."

gtfo.

Yes his records are impressive:

SHC upheld Afridi cricket ban

http://www.zimbio.com/Cricket/articles/UZUGZGKNaeu/SHC+upheld+Afridi+cricket+ban

ICC slaps two match ban on Afridi for ball tampering

http://www.hindustantimes.com/ICC-s...fridi-for-ball-tampering/Article1-503828.aspx

ICC bans Afridi for damaging pitch

ICC imposes four-match ban on Afridi due to hitting the fan

Sex scandal

Shahid Afridi
Just before jetting out to a tournament in Singapore in 2000, Shahid Afridi, Atiq-uz-Zaman and Hasan Raza were caught entertaining a group of young ladies in their Karachi hotel rooms. The players insisted that the girls had merely "come to collect autographs" ... but the PCB didn't believe a word of it. All three players were fined and banned from the upcoming ICC hampions Trophy event in Kenya. Poor old Afridi took it the hardest: "My father, other and brothers have been very critical of my actions," he wailed. "They have been reprimanding me since the incident came into focus. It will be very difficult to turn around my career after this but I will surely give it my best shot."

Mate, you are seriously a pain in the bums of SK's fans;-)

@ Topic: One should give the credit where it's due. And SK to me is an attractive player. He has all the qualities to be among the best ODI players of all time. But he has a problem with his temprament and that has cast a shadow over all his other qualities. And above all, irrespective of his accolades, he would have (sadly) never ever represented his country again after his ball biting if it was not Pakistan.

I think you forgot that he is the greatest player of all time.

Rookie mistake :afridi

Get him back man, cricket ain't the same without Baba \o/

Gotten out to an ill-advised shot when it was really not needed most times during his career...as well as most % of times.

Most mediocre Pakistani player to ever be the most popular Pakistani player for so long.

Used the same celebration the most times in every discipline combined (batting, bowling, fielding).

Has promised to improve his batting temperament the most times.

Remained in his teens for the most number of years.

Maybe the most enigmatic, funny without trying to be funny, yet silly cricketers of all time.

Don't have any stats to prove that, but I'm pretty certain he's No. 1 in those regards.

Someone seriously needs to find out how many 0(1) he has. Especially those skiers or wild slogs ending up getting bowled.

For me, that is one of his best achievements in his career, apart from being the greatest player of all time as Poison mentioned.

After a year on this forum that's the first time I've seen you make a stats error :O

:) Most people claim that they are angels and never makes mistake... and have all the right to point to other people's mistakes.... I don't claim to "error/sin free" person! :)

:) Most people claim that they are angels and never makes mistake... and have all the right to point to other people's mistakes.... I don't claim to "error/sin free" person! :)

Of course. It was more of a complement though as you've been so accurate :).

Look at this guy --> :afridi . Afridi is a one of a kind character.....charismatic and HILARIOUS. People from every part of the world love him. Cricket isn't the same without him and he will be dearly missed by millions when he leaves :(

But im sick of all these haters. Please stop being dull and boring haters, enjoy his fun presence instead :afridi

Last edited:
24 man of the match awards, inzy and wasim have played more games than him, why they haven't won as many if not more mom awards, surely inzy and was cnt be poor nd overrated.

24 man of the match awards, inzy and wasim have played more games than him, why they haven't won as many if not more mom awards, surely inzy and was cnt be poor nd overrated.

Afridi is an allrounder. It's much more easier for him to get MOTM awards.

e.g
Pak win the match.
Inzi gets 50. Afridi gets 30 and 2 wickets (or 40 and 1 wicket).

Afridi gets MOTM award.

Back