Man Thrashed In Delhi, Forced To Chant Anti-Pak Slogans. Accused Arrested

MP2011

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/man...d-arrested-2398565?pfrom=home-ndtv_topstories

New Delhi: After a video - that shows a man in Delhi being thrashed by another man as he is forced to chant "Pakistan Murdabad (down with Pakistan)" - was widely shared on social media, police said the accused has been arrested and an FIR (filed a first information report) has been filed in the case.

The disturbing clip shows the accused, Ajay Goswami, thrashing the other man. He pins him down to the ground and tells him -"Zor se bol (say loudly). Hindustan Zindabad (Long live India). Pakistan Murdabad." As the man being beaten up holds Goswami's feet, he shouts angrily: "Leave my feet". Voices of other men, probably recording the video in northeast Delhi's Khajuri Khas locality, can be heard as they curse this man being roughed up. They tell him to chant: "Asaduddin Owaisi Murdabad". Mr Owaisi is a Lok Sabha MP and president of the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.

In a tweet, Deputy Commissioner of Police (northeast) Sanjay Kumar Sain: "A video of Khajoori Khas incident is in circulation on social media. Cognizance of the incident has been taken and a criminal case has been registered. The accused has been arrested and investigation of the case is in progress. @CPDelhi @cp_delhi (sic)."

Ajay Goswami was also named an accused last year in a Delhi riots case, police said.

Had Delhi Police did its job properly last year, this occurrence may not have happened!

An Indian man forces another Indian man to shout expletives against Pakistan and gets arrested by the Indian police for it.

And yet Pakistanis call Indians intolerant :facepalm:

DP did well in sarai kale khan and prevented a riot.
Yeah, kudos to them for that. However its still not too many days since that incident and one has to keep their fingers crossed especially in current climate and hope this doesn't boil into a full blown communal event.

What...? They were all Indian? Was the guy Muslim? That's the only (tenuous) like I could think of. Either way, a deplorable act by a deplorable human being.

Yeah, kudos to them for that. However its still not too many days since that incident and one has to keep their fingers crossed especially in current climate and hope this doesn't boil into a full blown communal event.

The days of the 1990s, when such minor altercations would blow up into full communal events, are thankfully over.

The days of the 1990s, when such minor altercations would blow up into full communal events, are thankfully over.

It is the opposite. Earlier this was localized. Now one person sitting on TN will get outraged and look for revenge for what happened in delhi.

An Indian man forces another Indian man to shout expletives against Pakistan and gets arrested by the Indian police for it.

And yet Pakistanis call Indians intolerant :facepalm:

So someone presumably muslim is physically assaulted and forced by violence to shout anti muslim slogans and this isnt intolerant behaviour? Brilliant

So someone presumably muslim is physically assaulted and forced by violence to shout anti muslim slogans and this isnt intolerant behaviour? Brilliant

Anti-Pakistan does not amount to anti-muslim. There's more to Islam and muslims than Pakistan. You lot will be forced to learn that someday.

That's a relief, now the majority can thrash victims individually without any fear of reprisal.

That's a relief, now the majority can thrash victims individually without any fear of reprisal.

Read the OP'a article, Cap. The man was arrested for beating up someone who refused to chant slogans against Pakistan.

I know reading isn't your forte, but give it a try :)

Anti-Pakistan does not amount to anti-muslim. There's more to Islam and muslims than Pakistan. You lot will be forced to learn that someday.

In this particular instance he is also telling him to chant slogans against an Indian politician, who to my knowledge has no allegiance to Pakistan but happens to represent an Indian Muslim party.

Given that this Goswami thug also seems to be involved in the the communal riots in Delhi recently.

I will have to disagree with your argument that this thug is aware of these intricacies (pak nation vs Islamic religion vs Aimim party) and is selectively only beating this fellow for national and political party allegiances.

Chances are going to be very high that he is also anti Muslim and that he equates Muslims and Pakistan together. I would wager this is also the case for vast majority people who beat Indian Muslims and follow it up with a go to Pakistan. Or similarly for those areas in India that are called "Pakistan" because Muslims reside there.

Your argument has some validity as I have met anti pak people who are not anti Muslim, but have met very few from India, other than online or in articles.

Last edited:
Why was he forced to chant against Awaisi ? He is hardly a Pakistan lover.

Why was he forced to chant against Awaisi ? He is hardly a Pakistan lover.

The victim could be a Owaisi supporter. He might have said something in anger and got thrashed by the Hindutva goon.

Read the OP'a article, Cap. The man was arrested for beating up someone who refused to chant slogans against Pakistan.

I know reading isn't your forte, but give it a try :)

I was reading your replies, and your lack of empathy for the victim would suggest I read it correctly. Given your posting history I would think that's a good guess.

The victim could be a Owaisi supporter. He might have said something in anger and got thrashed by the Hindutva goon.

He was surrounded by a crowd of hindutvas. Why would he say something in anger when he knows hindutvas will often resort to violence when they heavily outnumber the victim in classic bully tactics?

Why was he forced to chant Anti-Owaisi statements? From the clips I have seen that Owaisi guy is very anti-Pakistani so why drag him into this?

Forget about "us lot" but you need to learn that for these extremist goons, Muslims=Pakistani. Otherwise why link a random Indian politician to Pakistan? Other then his religion, what's the link to Pakistan?

If this isn't about religion, can you find me just one incident when a Hindu Indian was forced to chant Anti-Pakistan slogans?

Another case of dude letting out his frustrations for being ruled by us for a thousand years from this very place. They are mentally disturbed by it and just can't let go.

Back