MANGO season is here

Geordie Ahmed

Hall of Famer
Runs
I just thought id start a thread celebrating the start of the mango season :) :) :)

Its the best fruit imo

mangothaitradesource.jpg

X) X) X) X)
I just had a mango and it was far from sweet - bloody fruit shop, il give them and earful 2moro X)

Pak mangoes are just the best, i could eat them by the dozen!

shabbu1 said:
Pak mangoes are just the best, i could eat them by the dozen!

I agree there!
Most mangoes in the UK are from Pak - atleast where im from most come from Pak.

Geordie Ahmed said:
X) X) X) X)
I just had a mango and it was far from sweet - bloody fruit shop, il give them and earful 2moro X)

it was probably an indian mango :p and yeh most of the one's they sell here are from Pak, in the southall area (i.e. mini-india) which is 20 minutes from my area, some idiots (indians) try and sell "halal" mangoes to try and fool all the muslims in the area, they actually shout it out ...outrageous i tellsya! X)

halal mangoes ????

really like mangoes, although i hate the mess they make. my dad loves them, he'll even eat the crappy mexican mangoes we get here. prefer when they're cut into nice little squares that can be eaten without looking like a horse afterwards ...

i know, i know ... i need to be shot.

and mona, ask mirza ghalib what he thinks of people who don't eat mangoes.

Mmmmmm, Mangos

Shame you dont get Pakistani Mangos in this stupid country cause of strict agriculture laws

Oh well, I'll be back home in a around month InshAllah. One of the things Im looking forward too :D

i love mangos but i get nose bleeds after a few days after i have mangos

crates of mangoes are also a popular means of keeping the 'wheels of business' in pakistan lubricated.

haEin?

nah, that one only warranted a well timed chubbay all the way to the boundary for 4.

yeah, i just read my post again ... mr. valika, mr. adamjee, a crate and some mangoes ....... take it away , !
Definately a notch or two above pg.

Mango, mango lassi, mango milkshake, even mango icecream are all great

geordi i went out and bought a box of mangoes this morning aswell. not nice need at least another few weeks until there nice and sweet. the best is wimslow rd in manchester my dad usualy get them from there when they just come in fresh from Pakistan

Last week I tried to watch Seinfield and I just couldn't go through even 10 minutes of it. I think I need to see more of it coz what I saw then was well boring in my opinion.

It's the king of all fruits!!!! you into yam and bannana my gangsta bredren?

Nothing beats pomegranets, or anaar in urdu
anothe rone of my favourites are blueberries
Mangos are great in Paksitan, but Canadian mangos come from Mexico I think. They are'nt so hot.

yaar, i cant help but feel miserable.

I havemt tasted those heavenly gems for 4 years. Man my mouth waters looking at those pics.

Umar u had to bring ur filthy brain in this innocent lil thread about mangoes. >:)

si si thats the one :))2

btw about that soup nazi episode I didn't know that's an actual take away in NY. They are opening a 100 outlets around the US and it is considered the best soup and he does act the way he did in the episode!

Geordie Ahmed said:
I just thought id start a thread celebrating the start of the mango season :) :) :)

Its the best fruit imo

Yes , it is the best fruit ... too bad dat mexican mangoes making me change my mind now. :|

So how was everyone's Mango experience this year?

It has been dissapointing for moi, the mangoes have been of a low quality! some good uns here and there BUT didnt do aswell as i was hoping!

Geordie Ahmed said:

Its the best fruit imo

mangothaitradesource.jpg

:6: :6: :6: One thing I miss more than my Mom's cooking...I hate you for starting this thread:p

waah, mangoes kya baat hai.

i only like pakistans honey sweet mongoes, rest of the mongoes from india and carriebien are disgusting,

best thing to do with mangoes is make nice milkshake in your grinder, with vanilla ice cream mixed init.

I hate all of you who have access to unlimited Magoes:12: :(

suhaibonline said:
waah, mangoes kya baat hai.

i only like pakistans honey sweet mongoes, rest of the mongoes from india and carriebien are disgusting,

best thing to do with mangoes is make nice milkshake in your grinder, with vanilla ice cream mixed init.

thats how i make mine too..tastes good...no sugar though and a bit of milk also for less viscousity.

z10 said:
where in the world are you?

surely there must b sum supply there mere bhai? :13:

They are not Unlimited and not the sweet Magoes from Multan, Lahore, Aarif Waala, Sahiwaal etc.:6: :(

Hitman said:
Haven't heard of that one before? What class it is? :20:

Abbaay Lambaay teraay bohat parr nikal ayaay hain...thehar thorri dair, teri shaan mein bhi kuch shair ho jayain...jaisaay kal Shoaib ki yaad mein kahaay thaay:p :D

Nahin farmaata yaan arz kerta...pehlaay kuuch aam to bhaijo meraay liyaay

Jabb kha chukuun ga...to donon ki aisi taisi ker duun ga shair keh keh kar:D :p

Aik shair waisaay hi nikal aya:

Hitman hai lamba khamba...z10 dass numbriya

Yeh aur baat hai keh dono hi khawaar hain desi

Na teen mein na teraan mein hain donon

Phirr bhi monsee kaay shagird namakharam hain dono

:16:

Hitman said:
Aray bhai, jaib kat gaye tu shaadi kahan karnay ka?

Woh to abb kerni hi hai...shayad koi good luck hi saath laay ayaay woh naik bakht:D

Pakistani mango........

no comparison with anything

I HATE mangoes!!! I hate the fact that it's so freely available in South Africa (I wish like kiwi's they had to be imported or sumpin'!) :12:

And I hate it when my Indian friend eats them with curry powder like it's the best sweet in the world...And sneers at me when I pull a face (sneer is my new bestest word)....

I like strawberries....peaches....and plums. And avo's and banana's. Although they're fattening, they're very lekker.

:38:
mulan said:
I HATE mangoes!!! I hate the fact that it's so freely available in South Africa (I wish like kiwi's they had to be imported or sumpin'!) :12:

And I hate it when my Indian friend eats them with curry powder like it's the best sweet in the world...And sneers at me when I pull a face (sneer is my new bestest word)....

I like strawberries....peaches....and plums. And avo's and banana's. Although they're fattening, they're very lekker.

If you have never eaten Pakistani mangoes...you have no idea what Real Mangoes are like

BTW there are a gazillion kind of them...differing in size, smell, texture, and off course the taste, Oh My God the Taste:19::38:

Monsee said:
:38:

If you have never eaten Pakistani mangoes...you have no idea what Real Mangoes are like

BTW there are a gazillion kind of them...differing in size, smell, texture, and off course the taste, Oh My God the Taste:19::38:
Okay....u're scaring me....

No offence, but mangoes from Brazil, the Carribean, Mexico or South Africa are DISGUSTING!!!

There is only ONE true source for Mangoes, and that is Pakistan.

The single most stunning of God's culinary creations.

Anyone that does not agree will have to be banned - I am a MANGOPHILE...and proud of it.

If you dont like mango on its on, scoop some vanilla ice-cream in to a desert/trifle glass; blend some fresh mago with milk and spoon into the glass...layer some more ice cream; some more mango/milk and so on until you have beautiful mango/ice-crem milk shakey thing...

Last edited:
Love mangos, but to even think abt Mexican mangos available here makes me puke.

Last edited:
Breaking News:

I have just had my 1st mango of the new season - and jolly nice it was:)

My grandparents used to bring Mangoes from Pak to UK in the 70s and 80s. Used to love them.

Then stopped eating them until about 5 years ago - cant get enough of them.

to all mango lovers:

do u know names of any famous types available in pak?
i know some:

anwar rattol (probably the best)
langra
sindhri
dasheri
totapari
fajri
tukhmi
malta

Mango season hasnt started for me yet - probably in a week or so

Pakistani mangoes are second to none :11:

I think everyone needs to see the Seinfeld Mango episode :))) :))) :))) you wont think of Mangoes the same way ever again

You can find Mangos here all year round only bit more expensive off season, But Nothing tasts like a Pakistani Mango. O boy just love the mangos of Pakistan. :38:

Last edited:
mangoe is the king of fruits..and pakistani mangoes do rock...wouldent mind going 2 spend few days in mangoe orchard..

snazir6 said:
mangoe is the king of fruits..and pakistani mangoes do rock...wouldent mind going 2 spend few days in mangoe orchard..

Since Every body loves them, here you go:

Attachments

• 887397072.jpg
    887397072.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 3049845300.jpg
    3049845300.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 192
Uh, dont bump this thread, its only taunting me...No Pakistani mangos here (and I dont appear to be going back for the um winter either). Sucks. My Khala and Khalu have tried to convince me that the mangos here are as good as the ones you get from Pakistan - not gonna take any of that blasphemy but even then its still 3 or 4 months before mango season here.

I had my 1st one 2 days ago - and I was quite disappointed with it.

Back