MANGO season is here

Daoud said:
Uh, dont bump this thread, its only taunting me...No Pakistani mangos here (and I dont appear to be going back for the um winter either). Sucks. My Khala and Khalu have tried to convince me that the mangos here are as good as the ones you get from Pakistan - not gonna take any of that blasphemy but even then its still 3 or 4 months before mango season here.

The convicts not clued up with Importing yet?

There you go Suhaib - a business venture for you, sell Pakistani Mangoes in Australia :19:

Geordie Ahmed said:
The convicts not clued up with Importing yet?

There you go Suhaib - a business venture for you, sell Pakistani Mangoes in Australia :19:
He'll be a real genius if he manages it. Agricultural imports are virtually impossible.

Geordie Ahmed said:
Cause Australia is a special country, well at least thats what they say on the plane when showing the quarantine videos..

Basically they have very strict quarantine laws regarding bringing in produce or livestock due to disease they might bring. Heck, they werent letting me bring in burfi cause it had milk and another time we were bringing caramel popcorn for the cousins and they were acting banal there too - I had to use my charm and quick wits in both cases ;-)

Daoud said:
Cause Australia is a special country, well at least thats what they say on the plane when showing the quarantine videos..

Basically they have very strict quarantine laws regarding bringing in produce or livestock due to disease they might bring. Heck, they werent letting me bring in burfi cause it had milk and another time we were bringing caramel popcorn for the cousins and they were acting banal there too - I had to use my charm and quick wits in both cases ;-)

damn thats bad - im glad it aint that bad here - getting pakistani mangoes aint a problem and im well chuffed with that :11:

Daoud said:

put to mangoes in ur trousers..and when they ask you wht the buldge is..just say ur blessed with......

Damn i miss mangoes! We hardly get any good ones here in Montreal. Maybe once in a while and they are decent, not quality.

GA you are making me jealous.

I just ate one mango 5 minutes ago.... mmmmm taste really nice....

btw this was my first mango of this summer......

YAYYYYYYYY :27: :27: :27: !!!!!!!

I simply love mangoes :19: !!!!!!

aah, the days are gone when I just used to go to my farms to pluck out some mangoes.

Now, i have to eat mangoes produced in usa :(

just doesnt taste the same.

I LOVE and believe me LOVE mangoes, not like, not fond of, not keen on, not enjoy, not partial to but

LOVE MANGOES!!!!!!!!!!

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
I LOVE and believe me LOVE mangoes, not like, not fond of, not keen on, not enjoy, not partial to but

LOVE MANGOES!!!!!!!!!!

so u want some than?? :D come to my house and take them... i got plenty here :D

pak_zindabad said:
so u want some than?? :D come to my house and take them... i got plenty here :D

I'm on my way, expect the knock on the door in around 15 mins!:19::19:

pak_zindabad said:
yeah i am waiting.... btw you live in wembley right?

About 10/15 mins away mate!

nikred said:
how far is your house from New Jersey?:(

Oh bachara, tut tut :(

Here you go, you can pick a few!

Mangoes%20pb.jpg

pak_zindabad said:
aahhh quite far.... its in london (ilford)... sorry no chance for you mate....
:(

any one from New Jersey with mangoes in their house:p

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
About 10/15 mins away mate!

Oh bachara, tut tut :(

Here you go, you can pick a few!

Mangoes%20pb.jpg
abe ye kaise mangoes hai

abhi ready nahi hue, kacche kaise khayega?

nikred said:
alright i will pick the mangoes....urm i mean you at the airport.:D

cool i will be there tomrow
Flight number: Fresh Mangoes
Departure Time: 05:00am
Expected time: 06:00am

TruSachFan said:
abe ye kaise mangoes hai

abhi ready nahi hue, kacche kaise khayega?

Arey yaar thora intizaar karlo.
Sabr ka pal bohot meetha hota hai!!!
;-) ;-)

now this is what i call a yummy juicy mango.:)

Attachments

• TN6573_Mango-murabba.jpg
    TN6573_Mango-murabba.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 327
Geordie Ahmed said:
Its back again - it was pretty good for a first mango, normally gets better during July

Not quite July BUT i had a mango today and it was immense :)

you guys in the uk get all the good mangoes from pak imported there with you stronger currency value, we in the us have to deal with crappy mexican mangoes, they dont even taste like mangoes!

Where can i buy Pak mangoes in NYC? all you get is mexican wannabe mangoes everywhere you look.

Salman said:
Where can i buy Pak mangoes in NYC? all you get is mexican wannabe mangoes everywhere you look.
welcome to our crappy non-pakistani-mango world, you will also not find any falsey ,jamun oe cheeku over here ,although i dont know if you even get them in uk or not !

from_da_lost_dim3nsion said:
welcome to our crappy non-pakistani-mango world, you will also not find any falsey ,jamun oe cheeku over here ,although i dont know if you even get them in uk or not !

You get them everywhere in the UK during the season, one of the reasons is logistics, it's fairly cheap to send a consigment to the UK.

The UK government also approves the trade.

In the US however, the NAFTA has always regected the importing of Pak mangoes. this however has been changed, next year the US will allow the imports but it will be very limited.

Add the extra cost of transit across the atlantic - Pak mangoes will cost about $2.50 each compared to the mexican $0.50 each..

We get Pak Mangoes and loads of them in the summer

Saj and family have polished off a couple of boxes this week - fantastic.

So what are the different types, because there are certain types of Pakistani mago that seem to be sweeter than other types?

Alfonso - those sunset coloured ones.

Nothing else.

Cant stand those ones usually found in tesco and sainsburys (usually Keitt) that have the sweetness and textures of root vegetables.

DM said:
Alfonso - those sunset coloured ones.

Nothing else.

Cant stand those ones usually found in tesco and sainsburys (usually Keitt) that have the sweetness and textures of root vegetables.

those arn't mangoes... they as you rightly put it - vegetables..

Proper mangoes have names like "Chaunsa" and "Anwar Ratol"

Saj said:
Saj and family have polished off a couple of boxes this week - fantastic.

So Saj, that means that 'one Rawal is as good as your entire family'???

Got the hint :D ?

As Salman and GA said plenty of Pakistani mangos in UK. For my liking too many mangos in summer, people selling them on footpaths in front of phone and clothes shops.

Saqlain_doosra said:
As Salman and GA said plenty of Pakistani mangos in UK. For my liking too many mangos in summer, people selling them on footpaths in front of phone and clothes shops.
i envy you guys in the uk, treasure the moments when you are having a pakistani mango,respect the mango, treasure the mango!

btw do you guys also get jamuns ,cheeku and falsey over there ?

This is one of the most depressing threads on PP. No Pakistani mangoes here. Havent had one in nearly 2 years now :(

In Canada we get Mangos from Mexico and Latin America to be honest these mangos are better than the likes of sub continent Mangos as 99% of them are sweet. Latin American Mango>Sub continent mango.

In Canada we get Mangos from Mexico and Latin America to be honest these mangos are better than the likes of sub continent Mangos as 99% of them are sweet. Latin American Mango>Sub continent mango.

Agree. Mexican mangoes are far better than Pakistan mangoes.

We do have our own Mango farm near Multan, those Mangoes are tasty.

Alphonso is the floyd mayweather of the mango world .. undisputed and unbeatable.

Best mangoes from what I've tried so far are Pakistani and Mexican. Indian mangoes have to be some of the worst, the insides are lumpy and not even that sweet.

Taiwanese Mangoes >Pakistani Mangoes > Latino Mangoes > Hindustani Mangoes

You must have tasted low end hindustani mangoes, or you could not afford the premium hindustani ones.
Indian mangoes are superior in taste and texture to their pakistani counterparts. We are the land of aamsutra.

Pakistani mangoes are the GOAT of mangoes. No competition what's so ever. :ik

Best mangoes from what I've tried so far are Pakistani and Mexican. Indian mangoes have to be some of the worst, the insides are lumpy and not even that sweet.

Which of the 500+ varieties of Indian mango have you tasted? And despite being the largest cultivator of mangoes in the world (almost 50%) we don't even export 1% of that so you would not even have tasted the proper Indian mango

Which of the 500+ varieties of Indian mango have you tasted? And despite being the largest cultivator of mangoes in the world (almost 50%) we don't even export 1% of that so you would not even have tasted the proper Indian mango

500+ varieties? Haji Kalimullah Khan grows 300 varieties in one tree itself! From Malihabad, on the outskirts of Lucknow.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xIpGNCfTOUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go into Harrods Knightsbridge in the mango season and in their food hall you will find Pakistani Mangoes galore at premium prices.

You can have a million varieties but it's all about quality and Taste.

If its 1 thing Pakistan has over India it is Mangoes. I can't wait until they come.

If its 1 thing Pakistan has over India it is Mangoes. I can't wait until they come.

And which varieties of Indian mangoes have you tasted? Can't believe people bring nationalist jingoism to fruits too :facepalm:

And which varieties of Indian mangoes have you tasted? Can't believe people bring nationalist jingoism to fruits too :facepalm:

Sorry biscuit brother if I offended you.

I have tasted probably only a few varieties but in terms of sweetness and that honey taste they don't come close to Pakistani mangos.

I don't mind giving them another go if Pakistani mangos are unavailable which they are right now. That's if Indian Mangos are still not banned, like they were last year in the UK.

As I said India DOES NOT even export most of it's best mangoes, so don't know where you tasted

I have tasted Indian Mangoes after a lorry in a distribution centre i worked as a student somewhere managed to damage its shelfs and we had to sort out the boxes. From memory the mangoes were small and werent very tasty. Pakistani mangoes rule.

As I said India DOES NOT even export most of it's best mangoes, so don't know where you tasted

Can I call you defensive Indiafan ??

Because that's all you do, get defensive and cry over anything that doesn't mean India is the best.

Pakistani mangos are not just better, they are much better than Indian ones.
That's my experience and hundreds of other people that I know.

I bet you haven't even tasted Pakistani mangos. If you did and took off your Bharati spectacles off as well you would agree.

We have a Mango Orchard near Bardhaman.We grow Mallika,Amrapali and Himsagar.Himsagar is ofcourse known as only second to Alphonso Mangoes in taste.

We get our Alphonso Mangoes from Devgad through parcel every year.

Nothing beats the Alphonso of Devgad and Himsagar.

Anyone here as tried Mankurad variety of Mangoes from Goa?

Will be in time for Ramadan. There's nothing like breaking your fast with a cold drink and a couple of Pakistani mangos.

Indian mangos were banned last year but the ban has been lifted. I'm looking forward to trying some.

Back