Match Ka Mujrim (bechara) Thread

I was worried even before this game that shinwari would go for over 40 in his 4 overs. Very overrated bowler. Reminds me alot of wahab. Not sure why we have an obsession with pace. It is obvious he does not hit the seam at all, and does not have the requisite ‘skills’. and sooner or later he would get found out in international cricket. Even the wickets he got in the one match were mainly tailenders. He cost us this game aswell as our batters having the usual meltdown. Babar is a fantastic player but he needs to develop his power game so he can finish games. Often sets the platform but then gets out. In other teams that would not be a problem but for us we dont have any other world class batsman so he needs to finish the job. He seemed gutted when he got out which is a good sign though

more than power game, i believe its the issue with concentration. In between he seems lost & do things which he is not supposed to do.

How good is a finisher if he can't finish games

Was talking about getting 11 off 5 which ain't super easy in T20I.

Not the player per se.

A finisher just do the job but I don't think every top 8 would automatically win from that position.

Blaming Talat is fair. He made 22 off 16 in the last 5 overs when 50 off 30 balls were required. Of those 16 balls, he missed like 5. One edged four.

Of course, nothing beats conceding 63 in a four over spell.

Couple of bowlers indeed bowled poor, and Malik has to take his responsibility as well - he must have miscalculated overs. I think Shadab had one over left & Fakhar made up one, yet Usman had to be brought in last over - unless there was a calculation error, this shouldn’t happen. I have seen Sarfraz making similar mistakes in ODI few times, but didn’t expect it from Malik.

Having said that, this was at J’burg and a score of 188 was chasesble here - bowlers can have an off day in T20, but at the end 188 wasn’t out of reach. I can recall even 12 years back we chased like 168 with comparative ease against WI here and recent time WIN chased over 220 twice here. In that regard, I’ll put the blame on Asif Ali actually. He was promoted at #4 in perfect situation to chase like 42 in 4 overs (10.5 at J’burg is often starting target!!!), got a life as well and got out 2 times in 3 balls!!! And he was batting during the best 2 bowlers of his liking should be were bowling - Hendricks & Andile. I tend to belive instead of Asif had Malik batted at 4 probably PAK would have edged past - 7 runs gap even in T20 is too small and PAK actually scored 2 of last 4 balls.

Couple of bowlers indeed bowled poor, and Malik has to take his responsibility as well - he must have miscalculated overs. I think Shadab had one over left & Fakhar made up one, yet Usman had to be brought in last over - unless there was a calculation error, this shouldn’t happen. I have seen Sarfraz making similar mistakes in ODI few times, but didn’t expect it from Malik.

Having said that, this was at J’burg and a score of 188 was chasesble here - bowlers can have an off day in T20, but at the end 188 wasn’t out of reach. I can recall even 12 years back we chased like 168 with comparative ease against WI here and recent time WIN chased over 220 twice here. In that regard, I’ll put the blame on Asif Ali actually. He was promoted at #4 in perfect situation to chase like 42 in 4 overs (10.5 at J’burg is often starting target!!!), got a life as well and got out 2 times in 3 balls!!! And he was batting during the best 2 bowlers of his liking should be were bowling - Hendricks & Andile. I tend to belive instead of Asif had Malik batted at 4 probably PAK would have edged past - 7 runs gap even in T20 is too small and PAK actually scored 2 of last 4 balls.

I am curious as to what you think about latter part of Babar and Talat innings.

For me, the game was lost when with 1 wicket down, they allowed the RRR to climb from 9 to 12 runs per over because of getting stuck without boundaries.

Agreed, its still chaseable, but when you are 1 wicket down, blame is on the set batsmen to keep letting the RRR climb.

Your thoughts?

I am curious as to what you think about latter part of Babar and Talat innings.

For me, the game was lost when with 1 wicket down, they allowed the RRR to climb from 9 to 12 runs per over because of getting stuck without boundaries.

Agreed, its still chaseable, but when you are 1 wicket down, blame is on the set batsmen to keep letting the RRR climb.

Your thoughts?

That I wrote in game thread - with 9 wickets at hand, you don’t allow asking to reach 12 from 100/1 after 10.

Having said that, Babar & Talat must have played as per instructions and their task was to bring the game at hitting distance with wickets at hand and they did exactly that : 42 of 4 with 9 wickets in hand at J’burg is like run a ball 36 in 6 overs in UAE, trust me.

I don’t think it was selfishness by Babar or Talat, rather they played as per instructions and set the match, which was perfectly on. Here in PP fools compare Asif Ali with Butler and management also seems to agree, then 42 of 4 should be chased 10 out of 10 times against this SAF attack @ J’burg. We can blame the tactics of slowing down in over between 11-15, but don’t think Babar or Talat is the reason PAK lost.

Malik for bowling Shinwari the last over & Shinwari for the atrocious bowling.

Couple of bowlers indeed bowled poor, and Malik has to take his responsibility as well - he must have miscalculated overs. I think Shadab had one over left & Fakhar made up one, yet Usman had to be brought in last over - unless there was a calculation error, this shouldn’t happen.

Malik for bowling Shinwari the last over

I thought it is common not to give a spinner the last over in an LOI.

Imad bowled the last over against India in the CT group game and went for 23 runs with Pandya battering him for 3 sixes from the first 3 balls.

"When I saw the left-arm spinner being handed the ball in the last over, my eyes lit up and told myself that it can be something amazing.” quoted Pandya in the interview with ICC social media handle.

https://www.crictracker.com/hardik-pandya-looks-back-final-onslaught-imad-wasim/

I thought it is common not to give a spinner the last over in an LOI.

Imad bowled the last over against India in the CT group game and went for 23 runs with Pandya battering him for 3 sixes from the first 3 balls.

I am not talking about bringing Shadab in last over, rather the maths should have been done earlier so that Shaheen & Hasan bowls the last 2-3 overs. Forget 29 in last over (it can happen against a rampant Miller some days), but Usman went for 34 in previous 3 and that should have been enough of him, as Fakhar already had bowled his 4th. T20 games are often too close - that 1 call could have easily turned a 7 run defeat into a win.

Even after rain break (if I consider that Malik had to avoid Shadab with wet ball), PAK bowled like this 18th - SSA, 19th Hasan, 20th UKS ....... it was elementary that Usman & Shaheen should have been exchanged. What was the point of using Shaheen on 18th over when SAF had 7 wickets at hand?

I can’t believe people are still blaming shinwari, talat, water boy, bus driver etc
Whatever happened before 19th over of Pak chase is irrelevant (in the sense of result)
Shinwari messed up for sure, but Babar and Talat pulled your team out of the hole. That evened out.

Your kapthaaan saab failed to score 15 runs from 6 balls. You have lot bigger problems to worry about than Shinwari.

What if Pakistan was chasing 125 and they were 110/5 at the end of 19th over? Asif Ali and S Malik are to be blamed.

Last edited:
I am not talking about bringing Shadab in last over, rather the maths should have been done earlier so that Shaheen & Hasan bowls the last 2-3 overs. Forget 29 in last over (it can happen against a rampant Miller some days), but Usman went for 34 in previous 3 and that should have been enough of him, as Fakhar already had bowled his 4th. T20 games are often too close - that 1 call could have easily turned a 7 run defeat into a win.

Even after rain break (if I consider that Malik had to avoid Shadab with wet ball), PAK bowled like this 18th - SSA, 19th Hasan, 20th UKS ....... it was elementary that Usman & Shaheen should have been exchanged. What was the point of using Shaheen on 18th over when SAF had 7 wickets at hand?

Fair enough. It is likely Malik did not give this issue the same amount of thought as you have.

Imam ul haq 70 Sr in t20 when even haris was striking over 140

Asif Ali. Pakistan missed out on a 10-20 runs more had Babar remained and perhaps even himself.

Imam ul Haq and Sarfraz.

Mind boggling tactics lead by fearful batting.

As much as it pains me to say it, Faheem does not deserve a spot in the side for the WC.

Disgraceful to bump this after today.
Even with imams innings we got to needing 32 off 3 overs with 5 wickets remaining.
England bowl well and we needed a couple of sixes.
Great batting performance and slot of haters can shut up about scroing 320+

babar and sarfraz.

Babar azam stayed for 51 deliveries and when it was time to deliver got out and sarfraz was there till the end but failed to make any difference ( 2 boundaries in 32 deliveries).

babar and sarfraz.

Babar azam stayed for 51 deliveries and when it was time to deliver got out and sarfraz was there till the end but failed to make any difference ( 2 boundaries in 32 deliveries).

I think these two are to blame but not more than Imam and Haaris. Even if they had played at a strike rate of 100, we'd be fine

Imam ul Haq with his selfish 35(44)

"I'm automatic selection with 55 average" :imam

I think these two are to blame but not more than Imam and Haaris. Even if they had played at a strike rate of 100, we'd be fine

the longer you stay the more the responsibility become , if haris had styed till the end we lost we should have him to blame. Sarfraz failed to score a single boundary in his last 10 deliveries and thats the difference in the end.

Funny how most will blame the batsmen when the bowlers have done a marvelous job of containing the opposition around 370 :)))

the longer you stay the more the responsibility become , if haris had styed till the end we lost we should have him to blame. Sarfraz failed to score a single boundary in his last 10 deliveries and thats the difference in the end.

Didn't Imam play a long enough innings?

Also Imam and Yasir. Shaheen and Hasan weren't great but they were bowling to one of the best finishers in world cricket, against the best team in the world, at the death. It's pathetic for Faheem and especially Yasir to go for so many runs when they mostly bowled in a period where England weren't looking to smash the bowlers.

he is to blame but a lot less than babar and sarfraz , they were at the business end of the game and failed to close the deal.

I don't agree with that logic though. You can't have it easy up front and put all the responsibility on the lower order. If you are chasing 370+, a strike rate of under 80 for an opener is criminal.

Yasir Shah >>>> Faheem fake allrounder ashraf >>>> Sarfaraz biryani doesnt give you power to hit a boundry Ahmed

I don't agree with that logic though. You can't have it easy up front and put all the responsibility on the lower order. If you are chasing 370+, a strike rate of under 80 for an opener is criminal.

The only batsman who did his Job yesterday was fakhar zaman , he got out in an unlucky manner. We got a good start , thanks mainly to fakhar zaman and when imam got out it was still a very good start. Then there was a partnership of 135 in 18.4 overs and again we can thank fakhar zaman for the run rate as babar azam was a sleeping partner like imam ul haq in the partnership , after fakhars departure it was upto babar azam to take forward the game bus as usual the pressure of run rate got to him and he had already achieved his 50 milestone as milestones seem the most important thing to him clearly.

The fact that sarfraz ahmed was there till the end and failed to hit even a single boundary in the last 10 deliveries he faced made all the difference in the end.

The only batsman who did his Job yesterday was fakhar zaman , he got out in an unlucky manner. We got a good start , thanks mainly to fakhar zaman and when imam got out it was still a very good start. Then there was a partnership of 135 in 18.4 overs and again we can thank fakhar zaman for the run rate as babar azam was a sleeping partner like imam ul haq in the partnership , after fakhars departure it was upto babar azam to take forward the game bus as usual the pressure of run rate got to him and he had already achieved his 50 milestone as milestones seem the most important thing to him clearly.

The fact that sarfraz ahmed was there till the end and failed to hit even a single boundary in the last 10 deliveries he faced made all the difference in the end.

I dont think it was anyone from the batting to blame, we have limitations in batting department, the sooner we realise the better.
At the end the bowlers got hammered a mammonth 373 in the first place.
Mine match ke mujrim
1. Mickey plus sarfraz who picked Yasir for this match
2. Sarfraz seemed to have to no plan im bowling ,kept on bowling Yasir
3. Azhar Mahmood , who has successfully made these bowlers to forget yorkers.

stop blaming the batting, death bowling and yasir shah cost us this game...

I am seeing a lot of posts on pakistan's inability to finish the game.

It was a valiant effort.

Fakhars dismissal was unlucky, so was babar's. otherwise, they played well and things were under control.

The blame is with death bowling and mostly with yasir shah who gave two back to back short balls to jos buttler when he had just walked in.

we lost by 12 runs. think about those 12 runs that buttler scored.

stop blaming the batting...its a remarkable achievement to bat this way and i am proud of our boys. just 5 years ago, this would not have been even possible. atleast they did not get under pressure and had a game plan and were pretty much playing risk free cricket.

People are just a bit annoyed that Pak couldn't even score 32 off the last 3 overs with 5 wickets in hand. It would have been pak's highest run chase and the second highest in ODI cricket.

32 off the last three isnt always easy. england bowled well at death.

we gave 70+ runs in the last five overs.

the chase should have been of 340- 350 runs max

I am pleased the way they approached the run chase. Played largely riskless cricket till the 40th over and gave themselves the best chance to win in the end but I think Willey bowled beautifully in the end. But at the same time babar and fakhar got out unluckily

Other team's dont bowl extraordinarily at the death, its just that we lack quality finishers, Had the likes of Plunkett, Willy been bowling to other Big 5 batsmen, they would have gotten trashed. Our hitters are absolutely horrible against full blooded yorkers and bouncers and do not have the shot variety, street smartness of Mccullam, Devilliers or the Helicopter shot of a Dhoni. I cannot remember the last time a Pakistani batsman played a single handed blistering knock at the end to take Pakistan home, the only people i recall doing it are Afridi and Razzaq and these guys on their days had the ability to hit good balls for sixes. We just do not have that hitting quality right now outside of Asif Ali.

In the bowling, Yasir Shah, because he's bowling spell proved to be the catalyst that helped England start their onslaught. In terms of batting, Imam ul Haq's innings was far too slow for such a big run chase, if he went made those runs striking at 100, we would likely have won. Sarfraz's innings was also very poor, we should have won from that position, but his lack of hitting ability was exposed yet again. Imad and Faheem were also quite disappointing.

If I had to pick one player, it would have to be Imam ul Haq. You simply can't be striking at 79 while chasing 374 runs. Bowling, especially Yasir Shah, was poor. But a high score was expected considering the flatness of the pitch, and you mainly need your batsmen to deliver.

Imam has no awareness of the match situation. An opener scoring below 80 strike rate whilst eating up 44 deliveries is a sackable offense. Abid Ali should be brought in ASAP.

Imam has no awareness of the match situation. An opener scoring below 80 strike rate whilst eating up 44 deliveries is a sackable offense. Abid Ali should be brought in ASAP.

it's not about lack of awareness, he is just selfish. Period

it's not about lack of awareness, he is just selfish. Period

Interesting point. I'm not even sure if he is selfish. If he had the skills to rotate the strike and maintain a higher scoring rate, he would do so.

I believe the fact of the matter is that Imam simply doesnt have the skillset to maintain a high strike rate and should simple be removed from the team until he improves.

Interesting point. I'm not even sure if he is selfish. If he had the skills to rotate the strike and maintain a higher scoring rate, he would do so.

I believe the fact of the matter is that Imam simply doesnt have the skillset to maintain a high strike rate and should simple be removed from the team until he improves.

I agree he should not be anywhere near Pakistan's main team or A team or B team. He can improve his game while playing club cricket and then domestic cricket..

Sarfraz the BIG liability is to blame for this loss.

Poor selction, Poor captaincy, Poor batting.

Pathetic fielding and bowling no plans whatsoever we were not even competitive even though pitch was a run fest but still we could've done better

Last edited:
No one really - Poms are way ahead. PAK's record against any team above 8th ranking in last 19 months for completed games are

LLLLLLLLLWWLLWLLLLLLLL with the latest result at right. That's 3-18 ....... you don't need to find a Mujrim for a bang average team with a pathetic Captain.

No one really - Poms are way ahead. PAK's record against any team above 8th ranking in last 19 months for completed games are

LLLLLLLLLWWLLWLLLLLLLL with the latest result at right. That's 3-18 ....... you don't need to find a Mujrim for a bang average team with a pathetic Captain.

Umm, that's not what one would call average. That's not how math works.

Sarfraz, poorest captain and player in the World. Kick him out with Fahim and Imad. Abid Ali, Muhammad Rizwan top scorers in last series are not selected, why? Majority of Pakistanis are crying for old Hafeez, I can bet he 'll be disaster, Imad can be useful with New ball and bat, Bring, Shadab , Asif, Amir and UmerKhan in WC squad otherwise get ready for loss even against Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri-Lanka. India, SA, AUS,NZ and ENG miracles Can save Pakistan.
For God sake, forget 1992 and Champions Trophy blablabla .
Can anyone make a thread of Safaraz's performance pls? I'm tired of to hear " Sarfraz ko ooper aana chahiye", Ooper where ? ,

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole bowling attack barring Junaid. Shaheen is just turning into a toothless bowler. The less said about Faheem the better.

Pakistan cricket in whole is still living in the 90's other teams are way ahead... Get the best players in the Pakistan we will still be a **** team

Saw the scorecard and this thread came into mind.

Junaid Khan is my candidate for the position.

Pathetic fielding and bowling no plans whatsoever we were not even competitive even though pitch was a run fest but still we could've done better

My post on 15th May

Again the same pathetic fielding and absolute rubbish from Junaid Khan please send him home with Faheem Ashraf.. Haris Rauf and Naseem Shah I'm sure can bowl better than Junaid Khan

Azhar Mahmood without a doubt, if one bowler wasn’t bowling yorkers I would get it but when all of them nah. And they all can we have seen from PSL etc. Azhar gets paid for this is like paying someone to take a dump on your front yard coz him being there will scare off birds, you forget the issues all the **** causes

Should change name of thread to "Match Kay Mujrimeen" because in our case half the side is the Mujrim.

Id say junaid primarily followed by babar

Babar shouldve scored 20 runs or so more He played well for his innings but slowed down near his 100 when he shouldve been kicking on

Junaid was absolutely awful today, lousy in the field with dropped catches and misfield
He bowled horribly throughout too esp the penultimate over Costing us the game

Just like the previous games it's the bowling and captaincy that cost the game but primarily junaid khan

Why people saying babar Azam name I don't understand granted he slowed down his innings but he scored a good hundred and the team put up a total which was defendable if the team bowled and fielded better we would have easily won the match

If we lose, it will be Babar Azam more than anyone. You can blame bowlers and batsman all you like in cricket, but imo, fielding is the most basic thing in which you can't afford any errors.

Jason Roy for England. Dude had a full on crap day. Dropped Hafeez, missed a run-out, fielded poorly, and got out cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
It feels weird to blame the two centurions for England's loss but after doing all the hard work both Butler and Root sort of gave their wickets away. Pakistan bowled well to build pressure but both their dismissals were rather soft.

Back