Sharjeel + Afridi + Sarfraz

Runs : 77 (42)

Group B :

Shehzad + Akmal + Malik + Latif

Runs : 72 (78)

Amir giving away 40 plus on a pitch where Sami and Milne out bowled him :13:

Amir giving away 40 plus on a pitch where Sami and Milne out bowled him :13:
I don't agree.

It was horrendous batting of Shehzad, Akmal, Malik & Latif which resulted in NZ bowling figures looking good.

Sharjeel plundered Santner for 15 runs in 1 over. He bowled exactly the same next 3 overs and others scores only 14 of his 3 remaining overs.

Amir had a poor last over and wasn't impressive today but

Match k Mujrim was these 4 batsman. After the blistering start Sharjeel gave we should have never lost this match to blame Amir or even Irfan.

Irfan was worst today especially his mindset of bowling ball after ball with no plan and no thinking but still the 4 batsman cost us the game.

Didn't England chase 229 runs on such a Surface ? Than why the hell you can't chase 180 on such a surface ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't agree.

It was horrendous batting of Shehzad, Akmal, Malik & Latif which resulted in NZ bowling figures looking good.

Sharjeel plundered Santner for 15 runs in 1 over. He bowled exactly the same next 3 overs and others scores only 14 of his 3 remaining overs.

Amir had a poor last over and wasn't impressive today but

Match k Mujrim was these 4 batsman. After the blistering start Sharjeel gave we should have never lost this match to blame Amir or even Irfan.

Irfan was worst today especially his mindset of bowling ball after ball with no plan and no thinking but still the 4 batsman cost us the game.

Didn't England chase 229 runs on such a Surface ? Than why the hell you can't chase 180 on such a surface ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Because batting has never been our strength.

On a 180 pitch, we would have won , if Amir didn't have an off day, and chasing 160 which is our range in batting.

I am not labelling him Match kA Mujrim.

But I do wish to emphasize that his spells will often make the difference between Pakistan winning and losing.

Amir was quite terrible and predictable today. Irfan was another bowler, he has the height and body, built like Tarzan but bowls like Jane. Bowling wise Amir and Irfan.

Batting wise Shezzy/ Malik and Akmal, seemed like they were playing for a loss.

How is Malik? He came in 16th over... you cam accuse him for not trying hard enough...but cannot for contributing to loss.

Those guys blaming our bowlers need to wake up.
Every single other top 7 team is chasing that score maybe with the exception of sl, in the same conditions against the same bowlers and after being 65-1 after 5.3 even Bangladesh are chasing this.

Umar gets the biggest blame, he tried to play his new way off not going for it at all for 10 balls then just **** himself when he realised he was coinciding with shezzy drying up.

Umar let himself down big time today and he may struggle to get the top 4 spot he covets in odi now

I'll put Umar & Ahmed in top 2 spots.

Latif was never capable, only in PAK they 'll pick a 35 years as WC debutante & then play him at 3 on 1st match in a crucial chase.

Bowlers did well - with decent fielding this was 170, with IND/NZ/SAF/AUS fielding it was 160; so nothing against the bowlers on this absolute belter.

Because batting has never been our strength.

On a 180 pitch, we would have won , if Amir didn't have an off day, and chasing 160 which is our range in batting.

I am not labelling him Match kA Mujrim.

But I do wish to emphasize that his spells will often make the difference between Pakistan winning and losing.

180 is nothing on this wicket it was a 200 wicket any good batting side would chased this for that match ka murjrim is shehzad akmal and malik

we all know the two culprits in the batting department.

But Amir really let the team down with his spell today, he was awful

I think this some how fitting on someone's in England's team.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Only Misbah was half-decent, everyone else has been rubbish.

Awful performance.

Every batsman barring Misbah and even he played a dumb shot in the 2nd innings but the match was already gone by then so I won't blame him.

Every bowler should hang their heads in shame too.

We don't always have to play the blame game.

We were undone by a world-class batsman in Joe Root. From then on, scoreboard pressure told.

kis kis ka naam likhoon it was a team effort Alhamdullilah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to just blame any particular individual alone. England trounced and out classed Pakistan in every dept of the game.

We don't always have to play the blame game.

We were undone by a world-class batsman in Joe Root. From then on, scoreboard pressure told.
Granted. Though let us not forget Root was dropped on 140 and the experienced batting should not have failed on such a surface. After all, England were able to bat well against scoreboard pressure on the flattest surface in UAE.

A draw should have been achieved. If not, at least a couple of 300+ scores, far from what they got.

Last edited:
The team management and captain for picking 3 left arm seamers and making it a 3 day net practice for the english batsman.

Bowling unit lost us this one, our batting preformed is as expected. This should have been a draw at least if it wasn't for 2 quality English batsmen.

Bechara Nawaz he is going to be sacrificial goat if we lose this test i won,t be surprised if zulfiqar babar is

added as a 17 member for tour of NZ

For this match: The batsmen
Shafiq for his pair & Misbah & YK failing in the 2nd innings.

i dont get this thread
shouldnt the bechara be azhar because poor guy did so well but was let down by the boiz

Bowlers: Conceded 150+ FOR THE 7TH wicket @ almost 5.3 RPO this morning,no pace,no swing ,no enthusiasm and no support for Yasir even in AUS
Misbah: Poor shot really
Younis: Could have done better
Babar and Sami: Looked clueless throughout the test

Where to start?

Yasir for being complete garbage on day three but the bowlers (bar Amir) in general.

Sami starting off the collapse today with the laziest, most half-hearted dismissal you could hope to see from an opening batsman.

Misbah with an inexplicable Afridi-esque innings. Can you even call it an innings if it's only two balls?

Selectors for dropping Rahat :rahat

Pakistan for remembering they were Pakistan and are supposed to be embarrassed in Australia.

Bowling: Yasir Shah, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz, Rahat Ali all should be shown the door. Enough chances given.
Batting: Misbah, Younis should retire.

The blame sorely lies with Misbah

:salute

Ikhees toppon ki salami kaptaan ke liyay

Misbah and only Misbah.

Terrible field placements along with a horrendous shot.

I can't believe this is the same guy I supported through the years.

the entire team management not just wahab riaz

how did wahab end up getting the match after being dropped and also azhar ali and ahmed shahzad is mind boggling

this should be the combo for next game

hafeez
B. azam
azhar
sarfraz
malik
haris
shadab
hasan ali
sohail/rumman/abbas
junaid
amir

Whole team is a mujrim these days....

As yousaf rightly said....Itnay dot kheltay hain inko to phaansi hojaani chahye

Whole team is a mujrim these days....

As yousaf rightly said....Itnay dot kheltay hain inko to phaansi hojaani chahye

You know things are bad when Yousuf starts talking about dots. Moyo was the dot ball king in 90s side.

I don't know which schools and academies guys like Shehzad or Azhar came from. I remember in my younger days my father saw some batting potential in me and he put me in some academy, over there the coach stressed on one thing and one thing alone, that is finding gaps and taking singles. Any kid blocking more than 2-3 balls on the trot got serious jhaar from coach.

Yahan tou poora poora over pi jatay hain kisi tension ke baghair

You know things are bad when Yousuf starts talking about dots. Moyo was the dot ball king in 90s side.

I don't know which schools and academies guys like Shehzad or Azhar came from. I remember in my younger days my father saw some batting potential in me and he put me in some academy, over there the coach stressed on one thing and one thing alone, that is finding gaps and taking singles. Any kid blocking more than 2-3 balls on the trot got serious jhaar from coach.

Yahan tou poora poora over pi jatay hain kisi tension ke baghair

[MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION] Bhai settle hona bhi kissi cheez ka naam hota Hai, Ahmed Shehzad settle hota hai crease par, phir dressing room main jaakar century banata Hai tweets aur selfies ki

Would you blame Azhar Ali for the 1st ODI loss against New Zealand?

Azhar not only gave away his wicket but also took a stupid review which costed us Babar Azams wicket who Is the best Odi batsman in the side,if Babar had been out there he could have anchored the innings and prevent any further wicket loss and with Fakhar at the other end Pakistan would have been playing very agressively
now the question is;
WOULD YOU BLAME AZHAR FOR THE LOSS?

No. Sarfraz is to be blamed the most for this loss. He hurt Pakistan the most in this match.

Azhar and Sarfraz are to be blamed for this loss. Also Rumman opening the bowling backfired a bit.

He was the catalyst for the poor start, but the blame is shared by him+'experienced seniors'+Sarfaraz

A significant moment in the match was Sarfaraz Ahmed dropping Williamson when he had only scored 26.

If that catch had been taken that would have put NZ under pressure and given Pakistan a good chance to take more wickets.

Sarfraz match ka mujrim

Didn't bat well and dropped the catch of the most important player of the team.

The biggest match ka mujrim was acha bacha Azhar Ali. Selfishly wasted a review which would have saved Babar

Sarfraz is without doubt biggest match ka mujrim. Then Azhar, Babar and Hafeez.

Yes Sarfaraz dropped that catch but when we’re 50/5 then whatever happened in the fielding innings is irrelevant.

Yes if we showed some fight and lost by a smaller margin then we could’ve argued that the catch was the biggest reason we lost but if we’re gonna bat this badly then the catch drop is largely irrelevant to the outcome of the match.

Disgraceful how many pages this thread out. Why can't people from the subcontinent back the team rather than start witchhunts all the time? They just brought the CT to Pakistan for crying out loud!

Leave this "match ka mujrim" nonsense alone.

If it was a full match, my hunch is PAK won't have reached 275+, despite having a set FZ and a very good tail, because of that start, which means Kiwis were probably 35-38 too many at any equation.

It's difficult to measure the cost of a drop catch, but Sarfraz dropped a regulation of W'son at around 22nd over (119/1 ?) when he was 25 and it was a sort of bonus wicket, because it was from the 4th pacer (5th bowler). Ken kept one side tucked and Kiwis post a commanding total - my hunch is, with that catch, still Kiwis would have posted close to 300, because they lost bunch of wickets in last few overs, when 300 was already in sight.

Babar's dismissal could be an indirect fault of Azhar, but that's probably cost PAK at least 25 runs - so to me this loss has 3 major culprits -

1. Sarfraz, he allowed the target to cross 300 - after that, PAK'll struggle even against associates in NZ, because of that top order

2. MoHa - a total wastage of spot. We should remember that, he was indirectly benefited from Babar's dismissal - Leg Umpire watched Babar's call and he gave MoHa (PAK) a benefit of doubt - guy lobbed a dolly in same over.

3. Azhar - apart from his incapability with bat, he made a blunder with DRS, it was so obvious that even the DRS wasn't retained for "Umpire's Call". Won't have been an issue had Babar not been given almost immediately and to his support, Azhar also didn't know that his chancy call would end in such a telling factor immidiately.

Being senior players, Malik & Amir do share some responsibility, but by the time Malik came, match was already lost while Amir started decently, but later couldn't keep it up (partially due to W'son being set at one end).

Azhar Ali is probably to blame the most, dropped a catch and wasted a review which in turn cost Pak their most valuable wicket.

Then Sarfraz for choosing to bowl first and dropping the catch off of Williamson.

Not sure why Azhar Ali has been brought back into the team again for ODIs, a top order consisting of him and Hafeez is not going to win you many games, especially when scores are 270+.

Pak are lacking 2 proper batsmen.

Azhar Ali :
Dropped a catch, wasted the review, which costed us Babar & Sarfraz.

Sarfraz Ahmed :
Took a pathetic decision of bowling first.
Dropped a crucial catch of Williamson who scored century later on.
Batting so down the order, he should bat at upper numbers between 1 to 4. Not below than this.

Muhammad Hafeez :
Once again a big burden for the team, threw his wicket in a silly style when we badly needed partnership.

Shoaib Malik :
Threw his wicket in a cheap style when we needed a partnership.

Muhammad Aamir :
Didn't provide the early break through, early wickets, which is his actual job.

Mostly Sarfraz, Asad, and Azhar.

captain and two most experienced batsmen could not guide the innings.

Azhar, Asad, Sarfraz, and Hassan

Hassan's poor performance is very alarming. He's much younger than the other 3 and had a much easier job than them.

Hasan Ali primarily... He bowled absolute filth and then dropped Buttler when England were 216/5 and had just lost two quick wickets. Had he held on England would have been 216/6 with nothing much left in the hut. Three quick wickets would have also resulted in more falling quickly and the tail succumbing to pressure. At that point the English lead was just 40 runs which ballooned to 180 odd mainly because of the guy he dropped. Hasan doesn't get nearly as much flak on PP as he deserves because he is PP's darling these days.

Thank you Hasan Ali.

After Hasan the blame lies with Azhar, Asad and Sarfaraz for their shoddy batting.

Hasan Ali primarily... He bowled absolute filth and then dropped Buttler when England were 216/5 and had just lost two quick wickets. Had he held on England would have been 216/6 with nothing much left in the hut. Three quick wickets would have also resulted in more falling quickly and the tail succumbing to pressure. At that point the English lead was just 40 runs which ballooned to 180 odd mainly because of the guy he dropped. Hasan doesn't get nearly as much flak on PP as he deserves because he is PP's darling these days.

Thank you Hasan Ali.

After Hasan the blame lies with Azhar, Asad and Sarfaraz for their shoddy batting.

This. I am a big fan of Hasan but he needs to stop bowling trash he did it at Lord's too. Needs to be patient and the drop catch lead to 180 lead.

In my view, nobody, everyone played according to their capability, and batting conditions were not easy either. Even England could not score tons of runs.

Don't find any scapegoat, and its too early to judge Sarfaraz as a batsman outside Asia. Same with MSD, even he did not have any good test record outside Asia.

I am really happy we won 2 out of 3 test matches on this tough tour where half of the team was on debut. What else you want? These debutants are far better than those who played massive number of matches and yet fail repeatedly and miserably like Akmals, Hafeez, etc.

Just for comaprison:

K Akmal last 6 innings in England ---> 5 ducks
Sarfaraz is far better than those

Back