Match Ka Mujrim (bechara) Thread

Babar for a lack of authority on the field as well as Riz for the reason mentioned. If I am being overly critical then M Wasim is another liability we are carrying. This guy should never represent Pak again.

Babar azam for his shocking bowling changes/field placements and bowlers who were absolute crap other than Nawaz and ifti who gave some control

I did not understand why the field was still spread out when they needed 2 of 1....like why not bring everyone in and keep maybe 2-3 out...is that not allowed?

I believe it's not Shadab because he managed to take a wicket also he made one run out too.
Yeah he is not doing good but i would say at least he is not liable for a loss today.
Babar Azam's Captaincy and poor selections is the main culprit.

Babar azam for his shocking bowling changes/field placements and bowlers who were absolute crap other than Nawaz and ifti who gave some control
ifti bowled so well tonight, he could be easily a 5th bowler for Pakistan in Worldcup.

I believe it's not Shadab because he managed to take a wicket also he made one run out too.
Yeah he is not doing good but i would say at least he is not liable for a loss today.
Babar Azam's Captaincy and poor selections is the main culprit.
Shadab got outbowled by his own team mates spinners and the oppositions.

So who was it for Pakistan?
Babar’s soft dismissal opened the floodgates, and both he and Rizwan let Kuldeep settle into a rhythm too easily by not attacking him at all. Saud looked like he was batting for the first time in his life, and Chacha’s dismissal was also rather frustrating.

The bowlers didn’t have much to work with but started poorly anyway, Hassan Ali in particular was all over the place in the beginning.

Our spinners look as toothless as ever

Middle order + imam

Can't blame riz and babar here it's not t20 we had enough overs middle order could have built a partnership

Shadab and rizwan got out to unplayable balls

Middle order + imam

Can't blame riz and babar here it's not t20 we had enough overs middle order could have built a partnership

Shadab and rizwan got out to unplayable balls

It’s Babar’s team…at the end of the day he’s responsible for the defeat.

Iftikhar when things were just balanced, he came and threw his wicket away in few balls which started the disaster.

Babar Azam for selecting his friends Imam, Shadab and Nawaz. A team cannot progress if it is playing three players who don't deserve to be there.

Then chacha Ifti was the biggest batting culprit. You come in when Pak are 4 down and have just lost 2 quick wickets, you are facing the opposition's best bowler and have already smashed a boundary in the over. Just block out the last bowl of the over which was pitched outside the legstump what was the point of the big slog sweep attempt. This is what happens when players are hyped after smashing minnows.

The Approach.

Pak had decent start of 73/2 which isn't disastrous by any mean. Yet Babar and Riz scored only 80 runs in next ~17 overs. Both never tried to shift the gear and then Babar threw away his wicket.

Can't blame Babar-Riz completely because may be they knew how fragile their middle order is. But middle order should've done better than adding just 35 runs.

Top 3 for not setting the right tone
Fake All rounders who failed with both the bat and bowl
Babar Azam - Lack of vision, planning, team selection and intent.

The one & only "King Babar Lumber 1 Azam" once again he's the reason we lost the game. His team selection has cost us this match,he missed a straight bowl due to which the collapse happened. I hope he gets injured before next match so Pakistan can play without him because if he's not playing then Pakistan can certainly qualify for the semi's.

Your entire team just didn’t turn up today.
Quoting myself.

With all due respect, whoever blames one man on this particular occasion doesn’t get it. Pakistan’s loss was a collective failure that’s a reflection of long term systemic weaknesses.

Ask yourself these questions:

Why are your opening batsman unable to insistently get those explosive starts at the top of the order against the top 4 teams?

Why is your middle order unable to close out games?

Why is it that your spinners can’t seem to dominate games against quality opposition?

Why can’t your pace bowlers be more consistent as a unit?

The answer as I said earlier is elsewhere. It certainly doesn’t lie with individuals.

The entire middle order and lower order. Ifti dismissal was unlucky but all other batters mainly got out playing bad shots.

Babar Azam was the culprit of today match between Pakistan and Australia in WC2023.
Stage was perfectly set for him to win a game for Pakistan .

babar, lost control of the team after haris's horror over, and then threw away his wicket.

haris is a close second for that horror over, which took aus's win chances from 57% to 75% in one over, horrific brainless bowling that put the entire team under pressure.

whole team and what an awful coaching staff we have surely they need to be kicked out after these performances seen 0 improvement from anyone going downhill ever since the dont know how long

The one & only "King Babar Lumber 1 Azam" once again he's the reason we lost the game. His team selection has cost us this match,he missed a straight bowl due to which the collapse happened. I hope he gets injured before next match so Pakistan can play without him because if he's not playing then Pakistan can certainly qualify for the semi's.
He played today and Pakistan are basically out of the semis.

He will play in Chennai on Monday, and Pakistan will be totally out.

Has to be Usama Mir.

Had he taken that catch we could’ve had Smith and Marnus in the PP. Marsh would’ve been under pressure and wouldn’t have scored a hundred.

I’ve never seen a catch that cost us over 150 runs until today.

I think after Babar it was Usama, we recovered too late for his dropped catch, yes it's unbelievable to call 367 a recovery but we were looking at 400+ at one time.

This is not a good mindset

I think after Babar it was Usama, we recovered too late for his dropped catch, yes it's unbelievable to call 367 a recovery but we were looking at 400+ at one time.
Blame Babar for not setting up the batters correctly.

He could’ve created more opportunities. He let Warner hit 9 6s & 14 4s. That’s 110 runs off 23 balls.

yeah that's true, Imad Wasim is way better than nawaz but i think babar has some personal grudges with him so he wont pick him

When I look at the failures of Babar, Nawaz and etc - for me that's divine justice. It's what the Pakistan team deserve for how they've treated players like Imad, Saim Ayub and perhaps Tayaab Tahir as well.

Has to be Osama mir. Warner was on 10 at the time.. dont think I have ever seen a costlier drop in terms of runs conceded In 25+yrs of watching cricket.. a complete momentum swing. Blaming the batting and babar is ridiculous- any team would have struggled to chase 370.. no team would have chased 370 including eng or ind. plus mir conceded 80 plus runs.. even in the warm up games he looked so ineffective and innocuous mediocre- not sure what the TM saw in him...

1) replacement for shadab… shadab is better fielder as compare to his replacement…. Dropping Warner proved costly

2) Pakistan batters was having great chance to win the match bcos Aussie bowling was not at peak yesterday… despite this Pak batters failed

Has to be Osama mir. Warner was on 10 at the time.. dont think I have ever seen a costlier drop in terms of runs conceded In 25+yrs of watching cricket.. a complete momentum swing. Blaming the batting and babar is ridiculous- any team would have struggled to chase 370.. no team would have chased 370 including eng or ind. plus mir conceded 80 plus runs.. even in the warm up games he looked so ineffective and innocuous mediocre- not sure what the TM saw in him...
It has to be Usama. Such an easy catch and It was Warner.

He takes that catch and likely Rauf's over from hell doesn't happen.

Smith bats through the inns scoring at an Imam like SR and Aus end up anywhere b/w 280-320 max.

This was a match that Pak had in their pocket despite half of the team not turning up

babar, lost control of the team after haris's horror over, and then threw away his wicket.

haris is a close second for that horror over, which took aus's win chances from 57% to 75% in one over, horrific brainless bowling that put the entire team under pressure.

Babar has to stop these double bowling changes. Shaheen was bowling well and was getting into his groove when he was taken off for Haris. Babar should know by now that Haris should be bowled after 20 overs

Don’t like to point at single player, but Usama killed two birds in one shot today. First dropped a sitter of PAK’s nemesis (Warner & Kohli are the last two players that PAK would like to see in middle), and killed his future prospects in PAK team with that.

…. without Head, Aussies put a lineup that had only one lefti in top 7, and being a leggi Usama dropped that lone lefti …. Who happens to be Warner, and bashed PAK to add another 150 at 150 SR, none suffering more than Usama for the sin. I’ll be surprised if I see Usama to play for PAK again ever - Shadab will milk his way against AFG, BD, ENG & SAF to keep him out for rest of his career.

Babar has to stop these double bowling changes. Shaheen was bowling well and was getting into his groove when he was taken off for Haris. Babar should know by now that Haris should be bowled after 20 overs
expecting this team to learn from their mistakes is too much, shaheen showed all the pacers how to bowl on that pitch, and to his credit he altered his bowling style after one over, yet both hassan and rauf insisted on bowling full with an upright seam.

expecting this team to learn from their mistakes is too much, shaheen showed all the pacers how to bowl on that pitch, and to his credit he altered his bowling style after one over, yet both hassan and rauf insisted on bowling full with an upright seam.
Yeah on Bangalore pitch , powerplay wickets are rare. There's enough swing but it comes right on to the bat and disappears from sight if you pitch it up.

You have to hit the hard lengths and build pressure . Wickets are a consequence . Hunting for wickets like Rauf can backfire pretty quickly.

Even though Babar Azam scored the most runs for Pakistan but he should have scored those runs at a much faster pace and then his captaincy was not good at all. I don't see him captaining the Pakistan team after this World Cup at least in the ODI cricket.

Rizwan. He did not want to stay at the crease today the way he was hitting irresponsible shots. He should have stayed and build partnership.

Even though Babar Azam scored the most runs for Pakistan but he should have scored those runs at a much faster pace and then his captaincy was not good at all. I don't see him captaining the Pakistan team after this World Cup at least in the ODI cricket.
The field placements were horrendous, bowling changes were senseless (who bowls spinners in the last few overs), at times he didn’t have control over the field at all. It looked like Babar himself gave up on the captaincy in the middle of the match. I won’t be surprised if he announces he is stepping down today or tomorrow.

The field placements were horrendous, bowling changes were senseless (who bowls spinners in the last few overs), at times he didn’t have control over the field at all. It looked like Babar himself gave up on the captaincy in the middle of the match. I won’t be surprised if he announces he is stepping down today or tomorrow.
I don't think it is going to happen. If he is going to make such an announcement, it would be after the World Cup.

babars captaincy
yes

Babar's tenure as a whole. He invested in two spinners that are bits and pieces AR(nawaz and Shadab) for four years and expecting them to do well in India. Usama Mir had little class experience, was a part timer cricketer until a year or two(never played regularly before that).

yes

Babar's tenure as a whole. He invested in two spinners that are bits and pieces AR(nawaz and Shadab) for four years and expecting them to do well in India. Usama Mir had little class experience, was a part timer cricketer until a year or two(never played regularly before that).
But let's be honest. How many people called for selection on here. These spinners are rubbish but the guys not chosen are worse and domestic has non spinning, spinners by the dozen.

babars captaincy
Just imagine if Babar wasn't captain, would anyone have done better with this batting lineup and with the spinners we have. Me thinks not. Babar should go but if you think that suddenly we will be become anything better than average then you have another thing coming. In 4 years time we will be just as bad unless we find batsman that have talent.

Mohammad Nawaz?
Imam ul Haq?
Abdullah Shafique?

Match ka Mujrim has to be the batsman criminal you get bowled out 20 overs before

Lower order batting again, multiple mujrims just had to bat out the overs get an extra 20 or so runs.

Nawaz.

His role in this tournament in general was so crucial and he flopped completely.

Meanwhile we have Imad Wasim with a GOAT economy and solid ODI batting stats sitting in a studio having to watch.

The other match ka mujrim has to be Babar for selecting him.

Lower order batting again, multiple mujrims just had to bat out the overs get an extra 20 or so runs.
The lower order can never be responsible for our batting.

Just look at our middle order. Everyone got starts AGAIN but nobody is able to convert.

This is because of the stupid “just go for 400 bro” mentality that some dumb fans perpetrate leading to bad shots at the wrong time.

Our players are utterly confused and it cost us this game.

No other mujrim than Nawaz. Match was still there. He should have bowled on the off stump and give a single to Maharaj. Then bring all the fielders in and choke Shamsi. The plan was there but he choked.

Back