Match Ka Mujrim (bechara) Thread

Bowlers definitely Gul the main culprit but Hafeez's pathetic all round performance didn't help the cause

MIsbah playing so slow, when Srilanka's 2 wicket down they didn't dried up the runs... Misbah and Fawad dried up the runs, it was like Srilakan had Holding, and Marshal etc.

lol why would you bat first when you have been so successful chasing on these pitches??? Makes no sense I thought Sri Lanka had won the toss and put Pakistan to bat choosing to field first on these pitches is shooting yourself in the foot.

MIsbah playing so slow, when Srilanka's 2 wicket down they didn't dried up the runs... Misbah and Fawad dried up the runs, it was like Srilakan had Holding, and Marshal etc.

First there is daylight of difference between 17/3 and 56/2. Secondly, Sri Lanka had depth until No. 8. In case of Misbah, there was just Akmal to follow. I'm huge critic of Misbah, but please at least stop comparing apples to oranges.

Lets see...

18/3 vs 56/2 at a decent clip..hmmm

Go figure genius

Misbah's batting, Misbah's captaincy, Mohammad Hafeez + Umar Gul + Junaid Khan

Top order was pathetic one of them shouldve got a big score after Misbah and Fawad played themselves in they should have stepped it up batting for 30 overs under 3 an over in an ODI on a road vs an average bowling attack isn't good enough Fawad made up.for it somewhat Apart from Ajmal U Akmal and Fawad to a lesser extent the whole team.is the mujrim especially our pacers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ok here goes. Gul,,junaid,talha,hafeez,sharjeel and shezad. So thats 6 from 11 players... WOW

Last edited:
umar gul. also saeed ajmal should have bowled out earlier ie before the match was gone

Definitely Hafeez.
Mr. All knowing vice captain has occupied # 3 spot but played such a miserable innings. He should have gotten 30 odd runs if not a 50.
And then frankly speaking, Misbah needs to take some blame too. Yes, no doubt he played the rescue innings but GOSH !!!! his inability to take singles and keep the scoreboard tickling back stabbed us. He just blocked WAY TOO MUCH deliveries. And after getting a life when the caught behind was not given he should have scored a blasting century.

This was an absolute failure from PAK "THICK TANK". These people had been playing in Dhaka League for ages & made the ridiculous decision of batting first in a D/N match at Mirpur. This was the same middle wicket of the park, which regularly produces 625+ match totals. For the match with IND, groundsmen kept water out of the track for at least 3 days, making the wicket sluggish (can't prove, but I know, they were instructed) & accordingly IND went with 3 spinners. But, this time the track was well watered & rolled.

I had been saying that, when you well water Mirpur wicket, it tends to seam for about 10-12 overs at the start & then flattens out. On a clear sunny day, the best batting period on this track is over 35 to 80 & if it dews, it's more fun in last 20 overs. I don't know, picking 3 pacer + Ajmal & 2 other spinners, how on earth a side can bat first on that wicket against a side having just 1 strike bowler? Particularly when they have chased a very tight 250 & 325 in last 2 matches. There was no Mendis threat either today. As I said, I know this Mirpur track better than anyone here & today, batting second PAK could have chased down 325 again. PAK has a mental block in chasing & for that, always in big KO matches, they opt to bat first, regardless of the condition & I think, today's decision was probably dumber than the WC '99 Final or U19 WC 2012 QF.

260 was never, & I repeat never been sufficient. I think even with 2Ws & Shoaib in their peak would have struggled to defend that total against this Lankan side on that track. Fortunately for PAK, they got a marginal decision in favor to get rid of Sanga first ball, otherwise this chase would have been over inside 40 overs. Still, Ajmal made a great fight, but again PAK failed to understand the wicket - to defend 260 on that track, you need to get a side down at about 80/4 (still might not be sufficient against Lanka who had Senanayek at 9), but Misbah hardly kept caching fielders, rather tried o drag the match on a gradually easing wicket. Had Mahela been out off Afridi's first over, may be, just may be PAK could have made the match more interesting, but still I think 260 was hopeless.

When the Asia Cup squad was declared, I believe one of my suggestion was not to play Talha at Mirpur - bowling under lights, he would have competed with what Wahab did against IND last time. It's a grave yard for so called FAST bowler without RADAR. Had PAK picked Masood, dropping one of 3 pacers, I think that would have allowed Misbah & Fawad a bit breathing space to be more aggressive earlier - but then still PAK would have lost, because I don't think still PAK won't have crossed 300 from a position of 18/3. This was such a dumb batting display - SRL had 1 strike bowler & he took 8/25 in 29 balls - both match combined. Zaheer must be enjoying his pension.

Among 3 versions of Cricket, it's quite evident why in ranking, PAK is 3rd in T20, 5th in Test & 6th in ODI. Among all versions, ODI is most strategic & PAK Thick Tank is always found out in crunch situations.

This was an absolute failure from PAK "THICK TANK". These people had been playing in Dhaka League for ages & made the ridiculous decision of batting first in a D/N match at Mirpur. This was the same middle wicket of the park, which regularly produces 625+ match totals. For the match with IND, groundsmen kept water out of the track for at least 3 days, making the wicket sluggish (can't prove, but I know, they were instructed) & accordingly IND went with 3 spinners. But, this time the track was well watered & rolled.

I had been saying that, when you well water Mirpur wicket, it tends to seam for about 10-12 overs at the start & then flattens out. On a clear sunny day, the best batting period on this track is over 35 to 80 & if it dews, it's more fun in last 20 overs. I don't know, picking 3 pacer + Ajmal & 2 other spinners, how on earth a side can bat first on that wicket against a side having just 1 strike bowler? Particularly when they have chased a very tight 250 & 325 in last 2 matches. There was no Mendis threat either today. As I said, I know this Mirpur track better than anyone here & today, batting second PAK could have chased down 325 again. PAK has a mental block in chasing & for that, always in big KO matches, they opt to bat first, regardless of the condition & I think, today's decision was probably dumber than the WC '99 Final or U19 WC 2012 QF.

260 was never, & I repeat never been sufficient. I think even with 2Ws & Shoaib in their peak would have struggled to defend that total against this Lankan side on that track. Fortunately for PAK, they got a marginal decision in favor to get rid of Sanga first ball, otherwise this chase would have been over inside 40 overs. Still, Ajmal made a great fight, but again PAK failed to understand the wicket - to defend 260 on that track, you need to get a side down at about 80/4 (still might not be sufficient against Lanka who had Senanayek at 9), but Misbah hardly kept caching fielders, rather tried o drag the match on a gradually easing wicket. Had Mahela been out off Afridi's first over, may be, just may be PAK could have made the match more interesting, but still I think 260 was hopeless.

When the Asia Cup squad was declared, I believe one of my suggestion was not to play Talha at Mirpur - bowling under lights, he would have competed with what Wahab did against IND last time. It's a grave yard for so called FAST bowler without RADAR. Had PAK picked Masood, dropping one of 3 pacers, I think that would have allowed Misbah & Fawad a bit breathing space to be more aggressive earlier - but then still PAK would have lost, because I don't think still PAK won't have crossed 300 from a position of 18/3. This was such a dumb batting display - SRL had 1 strike bowler & he took 8/25 in 29 balls - both match combined. Zaheer must be enjoying his pension.

Among 3 versions of Cricket, it's quite evident why in ranking, PAK is 3rd in T20, 5th in Test & 6th in ODI. Among all versions, ODI is most strategic & PAK Thick Tank is always found out in crunch situations.

Great analysis by you as usual.

Incidentally, who do you think is favorite to lift the T20?

Based on different teams strengths and weaknesses?

Great analysis by you as usual.

Incidentally, who do you think is favorite to lift the T20?

Based on different teams strengths and weaknesses?

Need few days time. I 'll do my homework on teams & the grounds before that.

Mujrim is Misbah for electing to bat after winning toss :facepalm:
Almost all teams won matches while batting 2nd on those flat patta pitches.
What made him to choose batting 1st on those flat pitches :facepalm:

Match was lost after deciding to bat; not knowing what a good score to set on the pitch and then finding ourselves 18/3.

I think today it was a team effort

You really gotta doubt your pressure absorbers when you lose to Lankans in a final. They're supposed to choke before you do.

Misbah's another great fifty... ending up another losing cause.

If this man think he in blocking mode, then single getting single run looks like six achieved.

I have nit seen his single match where he block block and then we win...

he is copying things from world cup 1992... but that tactics worked only once.

if they both played fast there could be a chance we could win... but with this style we can't even single times out 100..

after losing top three early if next two play this way they can't win single match out of 100 but lost all matches with respect and few useless fifties but if they play fast they can win 25 out of 100 doesn't care how badly they lose rest of 75 matches... I will take the second option any day over first option.

plus maqsood brain worked way better than Sharjeel.. I would never pick Sharjeel over Maqsood unless Sharjeel start thinking:(

If I were a captain i would severe and ask for my forgiveness for mistakes like picking the most useless bowler now a days .... guess who ?

a bowler who caries a huge bag of runs and give it way to everyone for free...

halfeez, halfeez, halfeez, halfeez (you get the drift), along with our "bang it in" half way pace bowlers and maybe, Misbah for not rotating the strike (like Fawad and UA were doing).

Gotta go with gul, how can such a experienced bowler who should be a leader and spearhead of the attack be so poor He didnt provide anything for the captain today

No swing, seam, accuracy or pace, we needed our most experinced bowler to stand up but instead he served up freebies at 7-8 an over consistently throughout the tournament and especially today - shocking performance

Last edited:
Ahmed Shehzad.
He dug out a hole and the entire team now cannot get out of it. 5 overs gone and we are 22/1 lol

Last edited:
India has already won this game, what u talking about?

From here on even Pak makes 140 (which is not gonna happen) the due will kill it for us.

dew is nowehere, If pakistan lose they will lose bcz of mental weakness like last 22 years....India is playing pathetic cricket as well so I am still sceptical about 9-0

Ahmed Shehzad.
He dug out a hole and the entire team now cannot get out of it. 5 overs gone and we are 22/1 lol

Seriously what game were you watching. If it wasn't for for Shehzad we could have been on 10 in 5 overs. He batted at decent strike rate.

Hafeez lost the game and if anyone blames someone else then I'm sorry your deluded.

Ahmed Shehzad and Hafeez..clueless runners between the wickets .running out their partners and batted like it was a test match...Kami was looking so good...

I am not gonna blame middle order batsmen. They [Malik, Akmal] did stabilize the inning and got out to hitting.

This is minefield for spinners; as i am expecting Ajmal and Afridi to run out the whole Indian batting line if the dew doesn't kick in.

The first six overs is main Mujrim of the match. If you screw up in the first six overs, there is no way to come back, especially with fielders are strategically located near the boundary as well as the pitch being slow - absolutely great assistance for spinners.

Overall, this is fine performance, even by Maqsood and Afridi. It's not easy to hit in reasonable size of ground at the end. They did what they could do to undo the damage caused in first six overs, starring with Mohammad Hafeez.

In this pitch, easy to hit fast bowlers, but not spinners, not to mention the ground is sizable big.

Last edited:
Mohammad Hafeez.

First he selected wrong team. He did not select Sharjeel Khan and Sohail Tanvir :facepalm:

Then he used up so many balls and then get out. :facepalm: :facepalm: Worst thing you could ever do as a batsman is to used up so many balls and then get out.

Afridi shares the blame. We were 100 after 15 overs when he came in but we ended up at 130 because of his slow batting.

We should have gotten to at least 150 from the last 5.

Anyways, picture abbhi baki hay!

Too many bottlers in the team playing like scary cats, barring the younger players who play with no fear.

Afridi shares the blame. We were 100 after 15 overs when he came in but we ended up at 130 because of his slow batting.

We should have gotten to at least 150 from the last 5.

Anyways, picture abbhi baki hay!

India had a plan for Afridi and it worked. He didnt face spinners. Afridi didnt have many balls left to choose and hit since Hafeez used them all up.

India had a plan for Afridi and it worked. He didnt face spinners. Afridi didnt have many balls left to choose and hit since Hafeez used them all up.

If Afridi is so easily neutralized in a perfect situation (5 overs left, 50 runs needed), then he has no business at 7.

15th 16th and 17th overs went for 4, 2 and 2 runs.. Pethatic to say the least..

So for me considering that he played the most of those deliveries.. Umar akmal

Also hafeez and shoiab Malik..

Phattu batting. But your bowlers are champs and they can pull Pak right baxk in.

hafeez, shezad and malik all played parts in this debacle

I am blaming Shehzad because he opened the door to all the mess. We never got out of the hole that he dug.
He should have not gotten Kami run out at the first place, and then after that he should have gone out to score an effective 70 odd runs instead becoming a sad and miserable scene at the end which simply caused more frustration.
Kami was looking to be only one who could have provided those 40 odd runs we required to make this one sided game a bit competitive.

Kami was looking to be only one who could have provided those 40 odd runs we required to make this one sided game a bit competitive.

where did you get this from? From the one boundary he hit in his innings?

Not the easiest pitch to bat on. But Malik and Umer should have accelerated given they were settled. what killed us was at the death, we spent 3 overs for 8 runs. Pathetic. We were on course to get 150.

150 would be competitive on this wicket. Make Indian batsmen take more risk. Hopefully against Australia, we promote Maqsood. Cause if he is settled, then he seems type to accelerate with ease.

Back