Match Ka Mujrim (bechara) Thread

I have mention this before.. Malik and k akmal shouldn't be in the team.. They are taking other guys spot.. If Maqsood was sent ahead of shoiab things could have been different.. I won't be surprised if pak exit in the first round.. That is what happened when these two played together last time in Icc champions trophy..

If I have to pick someone (I'd rather say Maxwell played brilliantly), I'd say Bhatti. His one over changed the odds of the game.

kamran akmal dropped a catch but Bhatti commited the worst crime. If he didn't bowl that 4 noballs pressure would be on Australia now

bump

Pretty much everyone has some blame for this but gilding would top it for me. you cant give sanga 3 lives

Misbah. Hate this PHATTU. Made everyone bat slow, stupid fielding placements, etc.

For the billionth time, Misbah has cost us. Axe him right now!!!

Everyone barring Younis, Safraz and Shafiq (to an extent).

Team management Misbah and the rest of the batsman bar YK and Sarfraz. On a flat pitch to get bowled out for 180 was pathetic stuff. A really pathetic negative mindset cost us.

Misbah should have wasted both his reviews, probably would have saved them.

So misbah when is the next mohali?

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

everyone apart from sarfraz and younis to an extent. younis with his pathetic fielding,shafiq with inability to play spin and shezad if he is to be our opener then he has to learn how to play spin otherwise he will get destroyed in tests.

All those who dropped sitters. You cannot do that at this level.

I can understand for bowlers but if you are batsman you have to be a good fielder to make the team. No two ways about it.

All those who dropped sitters. You cannot do that at this level.

I can understand for bowlers but if you are batsman you have to be a good fielder to make the team. No two ways about it.

Younis did drop Sanga, so you could actually have him in there too.

Everyone except Sarfraz more or less

For the first time in life. I am feeling to blame misbah for this loss because of very negative mindset. Pakistan batted like saving a match with only 3 sessions in a match and 2 innings left. If Pakistan had batted a little bit positively (just like Sarfaraz played), lead would be around 150 and that could have saved us definitely.

Infact rain started just after SL won, clearly shows that fortune favors the brave. Misbah needs to be brave a little more.

Not the mujrim, but Junaid lost his head in the last 2-3 overs he bowled. While Talha was bowling negatively and trying to avoid runs, Jaunaid was trying to be a hero and bowling on the stumps which gave easy runs

Sarfraz and Younus the two guys that definitely come out this game with credit.

Both openers were awful in both innings, Talha and Rehman were poor in Sri Lanka's first innings. Ajmal was mediocre, Misbah's second innings dismissal was really poor. Junaid's bowling today was pathetic.

Mujrim are the batsmen in the 2nd innings If we played normally we would have had 130-140 to defend and would have saved the game.

Both openers were awful in both innings, Talha and Rehman were poor in Sri Lanka's first innings. Ajmal was mediocre, Misbah's second innings dismissal was really poor. Junaid's bowling today was pathetic.

how was junaid pathetic when we only had 99 runs to defend. Even in a t20 that's a pathetic score. No one but Pakistan will bottle in a chase like this.

Not the mujrim, but Junaid lost his head in the last 2-3 overs he bowled. While Talha was bowling negatively and trying to avoid runs, Jaunaid was trying to be a hero and bowling on the stumps which gave easy runs

I think its the other way round. Junaid bowling bouncers is what caused the run flow.

Sarfaraz is beginning to look good and the only player that has the remotest of chances of becoming captain of this team.

I dont understand, your top order fails to score any runs, your bowlers dont want to take reviews, but at the end of the day you blame Misbah? For what?

For pathetic batting and pathetic captaincy. Why is it so hard to understand?

I think its the other way round. Junaid bowling bouncers is what caused the run flow.

His yorkers were becoming full tosses. The first six Matthews hit was of a full delivery to him. Even his bouncers were right at the batsmen. Any of these balls would have worked if he had bowled them wide. In test you are allowed to bowl wide. But he was bowling at the stumps. Lost his head I believe

Last edited:
how was junaid pathetic when we only had 99 runs to defend. Even in a t20 that's a pathetic score. No one but Pakistan will bottle in a chase like this.

One good over, heck one good ball and you might still have drawn. That does not mean he should be blamed for what happened before, of course

Major you will never criticise Misbah. Love is blind. As good as Misbah was in Sharjah he was equally as pathetic today with the teams defensive negative mindset. If we played normal cricket we would have got a draw. We played in Lankans hands by playing such bad cricket.

For pathetic batting and pathetic captaincy. Why is it so hard to understand?

If Misbah goes on to score a golden duck in his next match his spot in the team is still justified, because he has performed in almost every match, so a one off performance can't drop him.

As for captaincy...When SHezad, Manzoor or even azhar ali can't bat on flat tracks, what can misbah do? Dont blame the bowlers, because the pitch offered nothing to the bowlers.

This was one of those days when we really need Misbah tuk tuk, 30s or 40s are not good scores from likes of Misbah. Misbah is not contributing as batsman.

There are plenty of failures in our team, cant say one player as match ka mujrim. All of our team flopped badly in this match.

I dont understand, your top order fails to score any runs, your bowlers dont want to take reviews, but at the end of the day you blame Misbah? For what?

Major Sab the captan Sab has the final say in taking the reviews so why rely on anybody else yeah take there insight but the final say lays with his authority

Major Sab the captan Sab has the final say in taking the reviews so why rely on anybody else yeah take there insight but the final say lays with his authority

captain saab only takes review when he consults his bowler who has the best angle of seeing where the ball pitched and hit. when your bowler says no to review then why should captain saab force a review

Major Sab please. Let's see what he does for the next match he needs to win the next 1

Pakistani Test Cricket Team.
1st inning
Ahmed Shahzad- Openers need to see of the new ball. - Out on the 7th ball. The ball was still very new. Failed.
Khurram Manzoor- Keep falling on the front foot. Out on 3 runs. Failed.
Azhar Ali- 30 runs great start- looses his calm and chases a delivery outside offstump. Failed
Younis Khan- brilliant innings of 177 Success
Misbah-ul-haq- The back bone of the lineup- scores at the strike rate of 31 and score 31 only- Failed
Asad Shafiq- success at scoring 75
Sarfraz Ahmed- scores 55
Abdur Rehman- scores 50- Failure of primary job of bowling 1/123 Drops the game with both hands
Saeed Ajmal- The magician- doesn't score and didn't have to but failure since 5/166 as the 5fer was worthless
Mohammad Talha- The speedster- bowling at 134k bowncers. Failure 1/104
Junaid Khan- 2/104 Failure
Team Strike rate of 53.45
Second Innings
Ahmed Shahzad- Scores 16 of 74 balls Failed
Khurram Manzoor- 3 runs Failed
Azhar Ali- another start but Fails
Younis Khan- Gap between bat and pad and Failed
Misbah-ul-haq- score 28 Failee
Asad Shafiq- 8 runs Failed
Sarfraz Ahmed- scores a brilliant Success
Abdur Rehman- Did not bowl due to a big failure in the first innings
Saeed Ajmal- 0/29 Failed
Mohammad Talha- 1/12 Failed
Junaid Khan- 2/38 Failed
So when only 2 people succeed in a game how do you expect to win?

Last edited:

He is a pathetic bowler overall

Too many bouncers/attempted bouncers towards the end should have bowled a yorker in that last over :mv

ANYONE who told them to bat the way they did in the 2nd innings.

And believe it or not, Waqar Younus MUST be part of this plan with Misbah.

Waqar Younus is the worst EVER coach we got. Totally clueless in strategy making, and totally unskilled in grooming the batsmen.

we know Manzoor sucks so never had high expectation for him, Shehzad more or less similar

Shafiq, Azhar Ali and most of all Misbah- they have to give you more

Grant flower is the guy responsible for the batting now

Grant flower is the guy responsible for the batting now

Agree with this too. But honestly, you know how close the margin of victory was for us? We had to bat 15 more overs. Instead of 80 overs, 95... that's how close it was

If Misbah goes on to score a golden duck in his next match his spot in the team is still justified, because he has performed in almost every match, so a one off performance can't drop him.

As for captaincy...When SHezad, Manzoor or even azhar ali can't bat on flat tracks, what can misbah do? Dont blame the bowlers, because the pitch offered nothing to the bowlers.
Did you see how positively Azhar was batting in the first innings? How did that suddenly change in the 2nd innings???

Did you see how positively Azhar was batting in the first innings? How did that suddenly change in the 2nd innings???

Misbahulhaq awful captaincy should have wasted some time by takng reviews afterall it was matter of 2-3 mins

awful awful strategy. Call me a hater as much as you please, but this game for me is only lost by the spineless batting guideline provided by uncle Misbah. Yes it was a team strategy when everyone barring Sarfraz was content with block block and wait. Sarfraz was exception and not the rule, and the rule clearly stated "bat time". If we had batted only 10 more overs, the target would've been 130 odd in about 11 overs, nearly impossible.

And the spineless display didnt end there, he came on the pitch and had the worst body language. Most of the fielders had already given up until we got few quite overs and a wicket. Pitiful display, I'm absolutely MAD right now !

When defensive bowling was needed he was mixing it up trying all kinds of different things trying to get a wicket. All we needed to avoid defeat was to stem the flow of runs and let the batsmen make mistakes.

Yeah he's not the biggest culprit in terms of the whole match, that belongs to the traditional pathetic batting but he can't avoid criticism for the way he bowled near the end of the day.

With regards to the captaincy, there wasn't much that could have been done in the first innings with dropped catches and the bowlers being well below par but the chase today could have been handled very differently. If it was up to me I'd have brought Ajmal back into the attack after Sangakkara was gone, set a defensive field and asked Ajmal to bowl a negative line on one side of the wicket. Same with Rehman at the other end. Misbah going with pace from both ends was an obvious mistake, even without the benefit of hindsight.

Last edited:
When defensive bowling was needed he was mixing it up trying all kinds of different things trying to get a wicket. All we needed to avoid defeat was to stem the flow of runs and let the batsmen make mistakes.

Yeah he's not the biggest culprit in terms of the whole match, that belongs to the traditional pathetic batting but he can't avoid criticism for the way he bowled near the end of the day.

With regards to the captaincy, there wasn't much that could have been done in the first innings with dropped catches and the bowlers being well below par but the chase today could have been handled very differently. If it was up to me I'd have brought Ajmal back into the attack after Sangakkara was gone, set a defensive field and asked Ajmal to bowl a negative line on one side of the wicket. Same with Rehman at the other end. Misbah going with pace from both ends was an obvious mistake, even without the benefit of hindsight.

True. I couldn't agree more.

Misbahulhaq awful captaincy should have wasted some time by takng reviews afterall it was matter of 2-3 mins

Atleast no one accused the Pakistan team of being negative and not having sportsman spirit. Ranjeet Fernando actually appreciated the fact that Pakistan gave it a go, instead of being negative and bowling the 'Herath' line in Sharjah. Even Russell Arnold had a few negative tactics up his sleeve, but misbah was pretty much honest in his approach to win in a 'cricketing way' instead of resorting to cheap tricks to win.

He hasn't got the most wisest head on his shoulders..another Gul he is.

Atleast no one accused the Pakistan team of being negative and not having sportsman spirit. Ranjeet Fernando actually appreciated the fact that Pakistan gave it a go, instead of being negative and bowling the 'Herath' line in Sharjah. Even Russell Arnold had a few negative tactics up his sleeve, but misbah was pretty much honest in his approach to win in a 'cricketing way' instead of resorting to cheap tricks to win.

Sri Lankans batted negatively in the first innings too..They were looking for a draw..it's our poor batting that has saved them especially Sanga from criticism. .One of the most selfish knocks I've seen Sanga play . He's better player than that.

To be honest Pakistan could've saved this match, we could've wasted time in alot of ways like changing the field every new ball, it was honestly a matter of seconds. Had junaid or talha bowled even a couple more dots the rain would've been pouring down. I can't believe in the end it was literally 30secs time delay between the rain and a drawn game. The margin was literally seconds. Misbah almost did it :p

But at least no one can fault our attitude, because if this game was drawn with like 1 run remaining. There would've been an air of underservedness about that draw and ofcourse better to lose while fighting than being a coward.

Welcome to the club..:yk

Still rate him as an ODI captain, though. Since the CT, he's been doing well in ODIs. As far as his batting is concerned, he's a world-class ODI batsman and a very good Tets batsmen (though he was horrible in the recently concluded Test match). Just hate his Test captaincy, though. So defensive.

And yes, I admit that I went a bit OTT yesterday. :ibutt

Today's a new day, and I wake up with hope that we will draw level in Colombo Insha'Allah. :imran

IMO what he was doing was right. Had we gotten 1-2 quick wickets there, they would've been under-pressure from there on.

We should always attack. No need to play defensive (we all saw how Misbah's defensive captaincy cost us).

Future ATG Junaid lost us the match, of course he was gonna go bonkers.

It was the stupid captain who made him bowl 8 consecutive overs. Not Junaid's fault as all. The ATG got us 2 wickets.
I didn't wake up early for the match. I thought it was going to be a draw. I didn't bother to watch after the 3rd day.

I'm not you, though. I'm a much, much more patriotic person than you. :moyo

It was the stupid captain who made him bowl 8 consecutive overs. Not Junaid's fault as all. The ATG got us 2 wickets.

I'm not you, though. I'm a much, much more patriotic person than you. :moyo

Are you seriously telling me that watching a cricket match shows how patriotic you are? :yk :maqsood

That's why you need a good brain too with talent. I badly missed Broad when Junaid was trying to be a hero at the expense of Pakistan's loss..

Back