Match Ka Mujrim (bechara) Thread

And with that expect to lose the series...

So after watching Hafeez's and Shehzad's 2nd wicket stand many of us would have thought that we had this game in the bag. But because this is Pakistan, I expected them to lose their way in the middle which they did.

And Pakistan have not won a series deciding match against a quality opposition since I cannot recall when.

So it is very likely that Sri Lanka will take the third game as the momentum is with them now.

So is it a lack of talent or a lack of self belief? Or a combination of both?

Misbah gave the team a really good platform.

108 required of 78 deliveries wasn't bad at all. It was manageable. Maqsood afridi fawad and riaz honestly could've chased that down.

If people look at the score we have plenty of overs remaining.

We can't even bat out the 50 overs.

And that is not misbahs fault

The strategy of playing 7 batsmen is right Unfortunately today the execution was incorrect by shezad and misbah

You cant go along at 3.5 an over and then get out and expect the remaining batsmen to come in and score 8-9 an over from the off

The whole idea should be to keep up with the rate throughout

Last edited:
Shehzad Akmal and Maqsood got out to their own mistakes.

Misbah didn't induce those errors.

Its not misbahs fault that maqsood did not read the slider.

And its not misbahs fault umar akmal got out to dilshan of all people.

That was not score board pressure. That was clear batting errors.

We played a spinner short and our pacers leaked too many runs. We could have chased 280 easily.

Srilanka scored a 100 in the last 10 overs.

Pakistan didn't even need.a 100 in the last 10. They just needed 90. And it was manageable. Sadly we lack consistency that is the main problem.

Misbah. Pathetic cricket at its finest. RRR was at 6.63 when he left it was 8.45 how pathetic is that. Going at a SR of 40 for the first 20 balls. :facepalm:

Then shezad. Completely lost it after hafeez

If Akmal was in Maqsoods place people would say scoreboard pressure induced that shot from umar.

It just shows that our batsmen are prone to making mistakes with or without scoreboard pressure.

It wasn't induced by misbahs slow batting because misbah comes in after akmal.

108 required of 78 deliveries wasn't bad at all. It was manageable. Maqsood afridi fawad and riaz honestly could've chased that down.

Misbah just wasted balls and actually destroyed platform and momentum given by Hafeez.

As for bowlers well apart from wahab and hafeez, everyone. Death bowling was especially woeful.

The following order
Afridi
Shehzad
Junaid
Misbah

The only neutral posts. Rest are just bitter and Misbah haters, who are only naming him which is obvious cuz of the hatred.

There were many people involved - 1st giving that many runs, then poor SR by Shehzad, typical throw-away by Afridi, Umar Akmal who failed the 2nd time and Misbah as well who is under a bad patch.

Death bowling
Misbah
That partnership between Shezzy and Misbah

Laashain bicha do :tuq

Afridi more than 50 runs in 10 overs without a wicket. And nothing in batting. He should be kicked out of team as soon as possible.

Afridi more than 50 runs in 10 overs without a wicket. And nothing in batting. He should be kicked out of team as soon as possible.

This Misbah is not alone Afridi should be booted out as well. The only way we can progress.

The bowlers. This was not a 300+ pitch.

Get another bowler/bowling all-rounder in there ASAP.

Who's to blame?

Who's to blame for our batting collapse today? Is it Grant? Waqar? or the batsmen themselves?

I truly wonder what will be going through Grant's mind..

abysmal batting by everybody. not one mujrim today. but i really feel they should have bowled first.

Sheahzad, Sharjeel, Umar Akmal, Hafeez, Misbah and Afridi.

Last edited:
Misbah ul Haq. His run out changed the game cos he was getting us into a good position but then another collapse started.

What went wrong today?

The three things that went wrong today
1. Inclusion of umar amin and awais zia
2. Shahid afridi as captain. In clt-20 hafeez fought till the end
3. Overlooking fakhar zaman and shoaib malik

first of all awais zia is at best a tape ball player. I dont know how he got all these chances.

If Pakistan wants a slogger at the top who may or may not come off then please get imran nazir in. Otherwise get a proper batsman.

Next stop shuffling around the batting order so much. One day maqsood is at number 5 and another day he plays at 3.

Every single batsman,

Awai zia showed that he has not improved and is a hack in its purest form.

shezad with his tuk tuk and the massive inability to play spin. horror levels.

Maqsood with his lazy footwork. I mean what was that. seriously lazy shot.

amin showing that he is all class but no return. That shot was beyond foolish by any means.

umar akmal with that afridiesque slog. Seriously needs to grow up now. He needs to take charge at this point. Acted like a debutant.

Afridi with his usual stuff.

Pre-meditation on a turner was extremely amateurish. The situation required shots to be played by carefully watching the ball and deploying the footwork and shot selection depending on the spin and nobody did that.

Today I 'll put the entire blame on Afridi & Waquar - but for a different reason. Only fertile minds like those heavenly pair could have batted first on that track. It had lot's of moisture underneath, it had a tinge of greens on it, AUS had 4 pacers & PAK had 3 spinners, match started at after 9:00 PM & it was expected heavy dew at night - so win the toss & let's bat first.

Today I 'll put the entire blame on Afridi & Waquar - but for a different reason. Only fertile minds like those heavenly pair could have batted first on that track. It had lot's of moisture underneath, it had a tinge of greens on it, AUS had 4 pacers & PAK had 3 spinners, match started at after 9:00 PM & it was expected heavy dew at night - so win the toss & let's bat first.

5 min before u say 'blame should never go on Waqar for this game'

5 min before u say 'blame should never go on Waqar for this game'

You didn't extract the "real juice" from my post yaar. Few days back, I am sure you have gone through some "spicy" discussions on what is the role of a Head Coach.

Today's match Ka mujrim? Afridi !

His mistake? Correctly reading the pitch, winning the toss and yet making the wrong decision to bat first.

It was a stupid decision for two reasons. We faced the demons in the pitch and gave Australia enough of scene to know how to bat on this wicket.

Second, it's not really ideal to bowl in second innings under the lights when the ball is wet and slips through the fingers thus making the spin attack even more weaker.

Stupid decision to bat first here.

The entire BATTING line takes the blame but I guess Misbah is the leading culprit.
A very poor display of leadership in the form of most experienced batsman in the side.

Well played Afridi for taking key wickets.

First Mujrim is Misbah!

Openers were doing really well. Momentum totally with Pakistan and Shehzad throws his wicket.

He should have been flexible and sent Akmal. Ok he though it was too early, but when Sarfaraz got out he went himself. His appoach irritated me. Instead of trying singles and hitting fours, he totally blocked without even trying to score.

Middle order sucks.

Afridi is was past his last selling dates. Horrible with bat. With bowl he bowls 3-4 good balls and then follows it with a shocker down legside.

Spinners are totally toothless. Raza Hasan and Zulfiqar are not in Hafeez class leave alone Ajmal.

Most responsibility relies on one Person - UAkmal.

Got into the game at a perfect position to play out 50 overs - threw the wicket
Dropped the man at 2, who went on to score match winning 70+ at almost run a ball. That catch would have made which would have made the score 70+ for 4 with ball turning & the other batsmen struggling to maintain a SR of 30.

AUS isn't minnow, you make one mistake, they 'll hit back, make two, absolutely no chance. Today PAK made half a dozen, significant 2 by UAkmal. & he isn't keeping either.

First Mujrim is Misbah!

Openers were doing really well. Momentum totally with Pakistan and Shehzad throws his wicket.

He should have been flexible and sent Akmal. Ok he though it was too early, but when Sarfaraz got out he went himself. His appoach irritated me. Instead of trying singles and hitting fours, he totally blocked without even trying to score.

Middle order sucks.

Afridi is was past his last selling dates. Horrible with bat. With bowl he bowls 3-4 good balls and then follows it with a shocker down legside.

Spinners are totally toothless. Raza Hasan and Zulfiqar are not in Hafeez class leave alone Ajmal.

LOL, Still Misbah is first. :D

Whole batiing lineup except openers.
Umar dropping maxwell on 2 and he went on to score match winning 70+.

Umar akmal.

Situation was tailor made for his slogs but yet again got out cheaply in powerplay. To add salt to the wound dropped a catch in the slips

Umar Akmal is responsible for today's loss

I dont care if he is talented or whatever. I have been hearing it since ages. Just tell me when was the last time he played a match winning innings for Pakistan? I am done with this guy. Highly inconsistent and most of his knocks come in losing causes.

Played awful today and dropped the all important catch of Maxwell. Also i blame him for the mind scarring picture he posted on twitter yesterday. Discuss.

And with him are the usual suspects Misbah, Afridi (he bowled well but still) and Fawad (not usual but this time yes).

The one who is better than Kohli, failed with the bat and dropped Maxwell on 2. Terrible cricketer but he is a taliunted star :))

So after 125 runs stands where EVERY SINGLE captain in the world would have tried to capitulate on the stand and sent in someone who would go for the kill and send in Umar or an Umar like batsman, Misbah sent in Asad and went himself and halted the progress and kept Umar till last 15 overs....Umar is responsible for low total and NOT the leader, guy in charge of the 11, the one who supposedly has a job to make decisions to maximize Pak's chance for win?

So after 125 runs stands where EVERY SINGLE captain in the world would have tried to capitulate on the stand and sent in someone who would go for the kill and send in Umar or an Umar like batsman, Misbah sent in Asad and went himself and halted the progress and kept Umar till last 15 overs....Umar is responsible for low total and NOT the leader, guy in charge of the 11, the one who supposedly has a job to make decisions to maximize Pak's chance for win?

This.Asad was doing a reasonable job a run a ball.But Misbah just came and handed the momentum to Aus on a silver platter.

There is no way one can justify 15 of 29 after the team is at 130-2.Umar should have come in at 4 followed by Fawad and then Misbah.

Waqar and co are the biggest culprits for dropping a player like Maqsood, going with just the three batsmen and then having the brainwave to send Fawad at six. :facepalm:

The middle order barring Shafiq he was ok. Special mention to Umar Akmal dropping Maxwell. And Fawad for one of the worst knocks ever he just looked inept like he was completely out of his depth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The middle order barring Shafiq he was ok. Special mention to Umar Akmal dropping Maxwell. And Fawad for one of the worst knocks ever he just looked inept like he was completely out of his depth.

Scoring 29 is okay?

Scoring 29 is okay?

It's not good or great by Ok I mean average. He was looking good but holed out. Out of all our middle order batsmen he did the best albeit that is nothing to brag about. Still don't think Shafiq should be in the ODI team. After Misbah retires in Tests I'd move him upto 4.

It's not good or great by Ok I mean average. He was looking good but holed out. Out of all our middle order batsmen he did the best albeit that is nothing to brag about. Still don't think Shafiq should be in the ODI team. After Misbah retires in Tests I'd move him upto 4.

Shafiq should given an extended run at 3 in both Tests and ODIs.

Shafiq should given an extended run at 3 in both Tests and ODIs.

It was one of his better ODI performances he showed positive intent from the start running hard picking gaps. Also hit some classy shots. If he can get his act together in ODIS consistently I'd prefer him over Fawad.

It was one of his better ODI performances he showed positive intent from the start running hard picking gaps. Also hit some classy shots. If he can get his act together in ODIS consistently I'd prefer him over Fawad.

Shafiq has very good technique and is good against pace. IMO, he needs a bit of confidence which he will only find if given a run. When his tail was up, he was our best bat in the 2011 WC. It doesn't get bigger than that, does it?

He has been in and out consistently. Won't do much harm to give him 10-15 games without chopping.

For me its :

Fawad , Afridi , Asad Shafiq.

clueless crickets ever seen !!

I would also blame clueless Man of the Match adjudicators who did not give MoM to Misbah for his first ODI 100!
What a brilliant 100s, it was!!!!! :14:

Shafiq has very good technique and is good against pace. IMO, he needs a bit of confidence which he will only find if given a run. When his tail was up, he was our best bat in the 2011 WC. It doesn't get bigger than that, does it?

He has been in and out consistently. Won't do much harm to give him 10-15 games without chopping.

He can handle pace and spin equally well. It's a mystery why he hasn't been successful in LOIS. Maybe he's been under too much pressure if he gets 10 games in a row he could do well.

He can handle pace and spin equally well. It's a mystery why he hasn't been successful in LOIS. Maybe he's been under too much pressure if he gets 10 games in a row he could do well.

Agree with you, simply a case of floundering under pressure. A guy who can take the game to Steyn and Philander home and away surely has loads of quality. I cannot imagine Fawad scoring a Test tons vs SA.

I would also blame clueless Man of the Match adjudicators who did not give MoM to Misbah for his first ODI 100!
What a brilliant 100s, it was!!!!! :14:

So if someone rightly blames Afridi for something, you will drag in Misbah for no reason?. Wont you agree that Afridi was a culprit today?

Agree with you, simply a case of floundering under pressure. A guy who can take the game to Steyn and Philander home and away surely has loads of quality. I cannot imagine Fawad scoring a Test tons vs SA.

Fawad would be a sitting duck in SA. Today showed how inept he was against a good pace attack not garbage SL and Bangla trundlers he has feasted on since his comeback. Also was very unconvincing against Lyon. Can't believe Fawad dominates our domestic.

So if someone rightly blames Afridi for something, you will drag in Misbah for no reason?.
Spend some time here on PP... and you will find out why!

Wont you agree that Afridi was a culprit today?

keep trolling .... but you have a long way to go...!!!
why else you guy come here!!!!!!

O... to answer your question; yes he was culprit for 2 reasons;
a) He was unable to clean up the mess created by middle order batsmen after 100 runs opening partnership.
b) He was the most (excluding 2 over spell by Wahab) economical bowler from both sides.

Attachments

• RR.jpg
    RR.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Spend some time here on PP... and you will find out why!

keep trolling .... but you have a long way to go...!!!
why else you guy come here!!!!!!

O... to answer your question; yes he was culprit for 2 reasons;
a) He was unable to clean up the mess created by middle order batsmen after 100 runs opening partnership.
b) He had the most (excluding 2 over spell by Wahab) economical bowler from both sides.
Malik would have done both these things but you hate him!

Back