Matchfixers thread

By the way our next game is against the high flying Biryani Royals. Need to start thinking strategy.

Question for you. Can you look at the stats of our two keepers and give me an opinion on which one we should play next game.

No points deduction. But if I miss it three times I lose my job.

The in-game assistant takes charge of the game in this instance.

You can post it too if I am unable to. I guess you'll need to become familiar with the squad first. How did you go with that last assignment of which is our no 1 keeper?

Pre season Friendly 1: Muslera(Subbed 71)= 6.4. Cesar(On 71)= 6.8.
Friendly 2: Cesar=7.3
El Batigol Clasico Matchday 1: Muslera=6.4
Matchday 2: Muslera=7.2
Matchday 3: Muslera= 7.4
Average rating: Muslera=6.85. Cesar=7.05.

Here is our team:
Julio Cesar (GK)
Muslera (GK)
Huth D(RC)
Garay D(C)
Ferdinand D(C)
Alex Song D(C), DM, M(C)
Sagna D/WB(R)
Trasch D/WB(R)
Matuidi DM, M(C)
Khedira DM, M(C)
Milner M(RLC), AM(RL)
Silva M(C), AM(RLC)
Adam Johnson M/AM(RL)
Bale M/AM(RL)
Adebayor ST
Tevez ST
Negredo ST
Carroll ST
Fabiano ST

Los Blancos are similar in terms of formation with 4-1-3-2 to us. They boast a strong attacking 5 of Lavezzi, Muller, Hazard, Papiss Cisse and Eto'o. In,my opinion, we just need a manmarker on 1 of (Hazard or Muller). You have got a selection headache in attack with Carroll(3 goals), Adebayor(2 goals in last game) and Tevez( 3 Assists).

Picked the team that won our 4th game in a row.Genghis, should we unleash our bench players for the next game?

Should we give our weaker players the chance to impress? Or pick a strong side which will win?

Thanks mate! Let's pick our strongest team at least for our home games. We can rotate and try our bench strength for the away games. Let's make our home a fortress!

Pre season Friendly 1: Muslera(Subbed 71)= 6.4. Cesar(On 71)= 6.8.
Friendly 2: Cesar=7.3
El Batigol Clasico Matchday 1: Muslera=6.4
Matchday 2: Muslera=7.2
Matchday 3: Muslera= 7.4
Average rating: Muslera=6.85. Cesar=7.05.

Thanks. Probably worth fighting Cesar a chance next game then.

What other formations are you thinking. I'd prefer we keep with what's working well for now.

Anyways I'm thinking this team for the away cup game. Thoughts?

MatchFixers

Formation: Custom
GK: Julio Cesar
RWB: Christian Trasch
CB: Rio Ferdinand
CB: Ezequiel Garay
LWB: Gareth Bale
DM: Blaise Matuidi
RWM: Adam Johnson
LWM: James Milner
AM: Luis Fabiano
ST (Target Man): Emanuel Adebayor
ST (Poacher): Carlos Tevez

Playmaker - Luis Fabiano
Target Man - Emanuel Adebayor
Penalty - Carlos Tevez

Could even give Negredo a chance in place of Tevez.

Fabiano is listed as a striker so can't play there. Negredo should play.
Matchfixers
Formation- Custom
RWB: Robert Huth
CB: Ezequiel Garay
LWB: Trasch
DM: Blaise Matuidi
RWM: James Milner
LWM: Gareth Bale
AM: David Silva
ST (Target Man): Emanuel Adebayor
ST (Poacher): Negredo

Playmaker - David Silva
Target Man - Emanuel Adebayor
Penalty - Negredo
What do you think?

I have posted the team as we were close to the deadline last time. Want to avoid that situation.

No worries. While Fabiano is listed as a striker I played him as an attacking midfielder and he scored a goal before. It's always good to see if players are adaptable.

Genghis what team are you thinking we should play for El Batigol?

Last edited:
You can play any player in any position. We actually have plenty of strikers. We also short in the right and left wing back roles. Which is why I wanted to try Bale as a wing back. Last season he was listed as a wing back but this season he is only listed as a midfielder.

Last edited:
That's good.Then we can introduce Tevez as AM with Negredo/Adebayor partnering Carroll.

Tevez is playing well as a striker with Carroll so probably leave them as well as Adebayor. The others we can try different combinations. I always like to play one tall striker (Carroll/Adebayor) with one poacher (Tevez/Negrado).

Yeah.That is a good way of approaching it. A bit like the Famous Sunderland partnership of Phillips and Quinn. Which of these wingers do you prefer: Milner or Adam Johnson?

Yeah or like a Crouch and Defoe.

Both are pretty good. Maybe slight preference for Johnson as he played for us last season too. What do the stats show?

Ok.I will do my stats which will include the recent cup match.

Gareth Bale should be kept at all costs as he will have high potential ability.

Our strikers are in awesome form especially Adebayor! We have got a selection headache which is good to have! Sagna is out for 2 weeks and Huth is injured in Team thread. We have problems in RB department as now only Trasch can play there but he has been excellent in LB.We could play 3 defenders or a CB in RB.Pocket Rockets have a strong attack boasting Villa, Falcao and.Sneijder. We need to be a tad more defensive.Genghis what do you think?

Last edited:
Our strikers are in awesome form especially Adebayor! We have got a selection headache which is good to have! Sagna is out for 2 weeks so Huth will deputize. Pocket Rockets have a strong attack boasting Villa, Falcao and.Sneijder. We need to be a tad more defensive.Genghis what do you think?
Changed

PSF 1: Milner(on 56)= 6.8. Johnson(Subbed off 45)=7.5
PSF 2: Milner(on 45)=6.9. Johnson(Subbed off 53)=7.0
EBC 1: Johnson=7.5
EBC 2: Milner(on 87) Johnson(subbed off 61)=7.0
EBC 3: Milner(on 76) Johnson(Subbed off 45)=7.0
EBC 4: Johnson(Subbed off 65)=7.4
CDF 1: Milner(subbed off 66)=7.1
Average rating: Milner=6.93. Johnson=7.18

Thank you very much, Canistani Hero! Wish you the best of luck for the rest of the season!

Alberto has been a fantastic assistant. Done a superb job mate!

For the next game being an important home fixture I'm thinking this team.

MatchFixers

Formation: Custom
RWB: Robert Huth
CB: Alex Song
LWB: Christian Trasch
DM: Sami Khedira
RWM: Adam Johnson
LWM: Gareth Bale
AM: David Silva
ST (Target Man): Andy Carroll
ST (Poacher): Carlos Tevez

Playmaker - David Silva
Target Man - Andy Carroll
Penalty - Carlos Tevez

Can we assign a manmarker in this game?Adebayor has been a great super sub so this team is a good one to challenge Pocket Rockets.

Pocket Rockets are employing 4-5-1. Here it is:
Adler
Puyol
Vermaelan
Chiellini
Baines
Cambiasso(DM)
Sneijder(CM)
Cabaye(CM)
Reus(RW)
David Villa(LW)
Falcao
We need to be a tad defensive. What about playing 5 at the back/ or 2 DM?

I believe we can't have specific manmarkers per game.

I don't know about being defensive. They are only playing one striker so I wouldn't add another defender. They are strong in the midfield so we could try a 3-5-2 formation. With a defensive midfielder coming in.

But then again our custom formation has been very good for us so far.

Milner should play next game as he has been underused. Or give him the Copa games.

Another great victory for us! This time, Negredo scored! We are doing extremely well.

Let's give Tevez, Milner and Adebayor a start next game. Also is Sagna back from injury?

No.Sagna is still out.He will be back in around a week.Adebayor and Milner should start.I think Negredo should play in Copa game.You want to try out weakened side? Carroll should rest as he has played a lot of games and has not scored.Do you need me to do any more stats ?

Last edited:
Just checked that we are home against KU's team so we should just make the above changes and play a strong team.

Alberto has been a fantastic assistant. Done a superb job mate!

Thanks very much for putting your faith in me.I am obliged to you for giving me this opportunity.I hope we have a historical season 2! You advertised this job in :dd thread and lucky for me I read it that day!That's why I was interested in becoming an AM.

Last edited:
So what team are you thinking of playing,Genghis? Your philosophy is that we should play our strongest teams at home.

Last edited:
No.Sagna is still out.He will be back in around a week.Adebayor and Milner should start.I think Negredo should play in Copa game.You want to try out weakened side? Carroll should rest as he has played a lot of games and has not scored.Do you need me to do any more stats ?

I guess Negrado deserves a chance after the way he's been playing. So we go with Negrado, Adebayor and Milner as changes from the last game. Still a predominantly strong team.

Feel free to name the team if you are happy with the changes.

Thanks very much for putting your faith in me.I am obliged to you for giving me this opportunity.I hope we have a historical season 2! You advertised this job in :dd thread and lucky for me I read it that day!That's why I was interested in becoming an AM.

Very happy that you are onboard. Your very much a reason for our success this season so far. Always good to have another opinion and fresh ideas. :junaid

I am privileged to join a very good team.1 stat for you is that we have 5 players above £1 million in our team which is the second lowest.Only Leatherface's Hell Angels have less players (4) above £1 million.This makes our achievements so far even more remarkable!Terrific job, Genghis!!!!

I agree with all the changes that we all agreed upon.These are enough for our Copa match!

I think you should name the team whenever you are ready.If not,I'll do it Iater.

Thanks,.Pboy.Much appreciated from you.Hope you turn your season around.

Match_Fixers_Players_All_Players.png

Posted the team as discussed. Hope the good form continues.

Also thought I'd add the team list to this thread as it helps to use it as reference in discussing strategies.

I am privileged to join a very good team.1 stat for you is that we have 5 players above £1 million in our team which is the second lowest.Only Leatherface's Hell Angels have less players (4) above £1 million.This makes our achievements so far even more remarkable!Terrific job, Genghis!!!!

Interesting stat there. I guess it's coz we are a much younger team in general. Only 1 of our regular starters are over 30 - Ferdinand

Let's hope our good start to the season continues.Garay should play in next Copa game.

Yes I was half tempted to put Garay in for this game, but resisted too many changes. He was my regular centre back last season with Ferdinand.

What positions did Matchfixers finish in last season? How did we do in the cup last season?

This season we need to qualify out of the CDF cup. And finish higher in the league.

Have a look at this thread for last season stats.

http://pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=157708

Started well but dropped off towards the later half. Still finished 5th in a 24 team comp and got to the semi of the cup.

This is where the mid season transfer window is important.To add quality to our squad. Also we need some players just to make the numbers up as we have only 1 LB so an injury might jeopardize us.

Back