Might need a new bat

azhar329

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Needed some advice from you guys if thats ok. My BDM untamed has a slight crack and Im now wondering what bat I should buy. I was thinking of SS GLADIATOR or SS LIMITED EDITION. Im basically looking for the usual spec of "big, light and goes like a gun".

I was looking at non-asian companies but I'll be honest Im a bit wary in terms of the ping/performance; do asian bats ping better than english or is it a myth ?

Also, my budget is about £250 max; I normally open; want a 2.8/2.9 but Im most concerned about the ping.

Any suggestions; asian or non asian ?

Thanks

My Personal opinion go with Asian made bats.... Few to consider CA 12000 TRD, CA15000, SS DRAGON T20, SS LTD EDN, SS Gladiator, BDM Titanium, RNS Unik... I bet you cant wrong with these....

For 250 pounds you can get a really good bat.

There is no hard and fast rule that Asian bats ping better than non-Asian bats.

It ultimately comes down to how the bat has been pressed. GM bats for example are pressed in a way whereby they might seem clonky at first but open up well later on. They tend to last longer as well.

I find SS bats to be really responsive from the get-go.

So, I would suggest you to go to a shop near you and try out some bats in your hands. See the feel and the balance.

For options I can suggest Blank Bats-- they have had good reviews. CF Premier Cru (made to your specification) is a good option and will be well within your budget. Well, the list will simply go on actually.

SS Matrix, Gladiator, Ltd. Edition etc will be nice. High end CAs are always nice.

Think about the shots you play and the sweetspot you prefer.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Needed some advice from you guys if thats ok. My BDM untamed has a slight crack and Im now wondering what bat I should buy. I was thinking of SS GLADIATOR or SS LIMITED EDITION. Im basically looking for the usual spec of "big, light and goes like a gun".

I was looking at non-asian companies but I'll be honest Im a bit wary in terms of the ping/performance; do asian bats ping better than english or is it a myth ?

Also, my budget is about £250 max; I normally open; want a 2.8/2.9 but Im most concerned about the ping.

Any suggestions; asian or non asian ?

Thanks

For 250 pounds you can get a really good bat.

There is no hard and fast rule that Asian bats ping better than non-Asian bats.

It ultimately comes down to how the bat has been pressed. GM bats for example are pressed in a way whereby they might seem clonky at first but open up well later on. They tend to last longer as well.I find SS bats to be really responsive from the get-go.
So, I would suggest you to go to a shop near you and try out some bats in your hands. See the feel and the balance.

For options I can suggest Blank Bats-- they have had good reviews. CF Premier Cru (made to your specification) is a good option and will be well within your budget. Well, the list will simply go on actually.

SS Matrix, Gladiator, Ltd. Edition etc will be nice. High end CAs are always nice.
Think about the shots you play and the sweetspot you prefer.

Good luck!!

Again to add on...if you have patience then go with GM.... or 100% SS or CA.... they are absolute belters

Last edited:
Bradbury's are very nice fels some at a cricket store picked up brilliantly in my hands and the willow was brilliant even in the lower grades

Now thats interesting..... What I told you was my personal opinion...
I could not find even a single asian bat.... :-(
May be it is by White people for White people....

Youre correct not even one; maybe they didnt approach/get approached/were aware...

Youre correct not even one; maybe they didnt approach/get approached/were aware...

Now thats interesting..... What I told you was my personal opinion...
I could not find even a single asian bat.... :-(
May be it is by White people for White people....

Kook, GN (majority), Willowstix and even most of Bradbury are made in India...lol.

Don't base your judgment on these tests. For example, the Halo won the Wisden award this year, but the Epic might be the more complete of all GM bats because of its profile. All these tests add to the smokes and mirrors adage.

@Zahir: *** did you write?

Thanks

Don't hang out so much with Knightrider, it is affecting you :):farhat

Guys, the choices have been narrowed down to the following:

1. SS GLADIATOR
2. SG (ONE OF THE TOP END ONES)
3. SS LIMITED EDITION
4. RNS LARSONS UNIK

Which one would you go for ?

Thanks

You cannot go wrong with either. If you have the budget then go for the Gladiator. RNS has a slightly higher sweetspot. Ask Asad, his SS collection is impeccable. I can suggest the Matrix as well---much cheaper in the UK and for the money you will not be sorry.

Good luck and let us know what you decide; reviews and pics are mandatory I must add :D

Guys, the choices have been narrowed down to the following:

1. SS GLADIATOR
2. SG (ONE OF THE TOP END ONES)
3. SS LIMITED EDITION
4. RNS LARSONS UNIK

Which one would you go for ?

Thanks

No CA :po:

Go for SS bro.... may you wanna include SS DRAGON T20:38:

Sanga uses it.... looked massive.... we havent seen it here yet:60:

you can do the favour for us.....:yahoo

Back