MIGs annual 3km Run Tamasha thread...

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Yep its that time of the year when I shamelessly ask for good wishes in my attempt to run 3km outdoors as part of a relay team

Those with elephantic memories will recall that I managed round 19 45s last year - my excuse was the heat ( temps were +30c) but this time around, temps will be close to 20-25C so should be manageable.

Have been training hard - 6am runs for the last one month and am glad to say that my training time is close about 17 40s which is a real achievement for me!

9th December is that day - just about 10 days to go... pls add your pleasant thoughts in this thread knowing fully well that any snide remarks like "my dog can run faster than you" etc will result in an immediate ban...

Last edited:
Good luck, just make sure you know where the finish line is....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tfp9x52qOag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

all the best.
its only 3km after all. will finish soon
should be done with ease

9th December is that day - just about 10 days to go... pls add your pleasant thoughts in this thread knowing fully well that any snide remarks like "my dog can run faster than you" etc will result in an immediate ban...

To be fair, dogs can run quite fast! :yk

Good luck!

Just 3 km's and so much pareshaani?

I can do it with my left leg.

Best of luck bro. I am thinking of taking part in my community as well :inti but age has caught up with me, will be reaching 22 next year :ibutt so time to retire from strenuous work

I now count atleast 5 smart *** comments - pls report to the headmasters office :)

It may not be that long but man it feels like a life time when you run it !

actually my dog can run faster than you and im sure faster than all other people who have posted in the thread.

so dont worry :p

and good luch as its a good cause

MIG bhai ... expect to hear of your record breaking run soon. I'm predicting a sub 15 minute run...

If you don't mind me asking, it's the Bahrain marathon relay isn't it?

Good Luck! :)

Yep it is :)

Ok one more week of training to go and I am now averaging below 18 which is great - now if I can somehow do it on race day :31:

Try doing a beep test, if you know what that is.

By doing a beep a test you will able to improve ur speed.

If you have any friends Who will take part in this event, try competing with them.

Wish you good luck!

Go MIGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA

your the MAAaaannnnNNN

you are fit for ur age MIG

Thanks for all your wishes - will report on the race timings on Friday night, INSHALLAH!

I am part of a relay team and we have 16 legs to share (42km in total) - I am running one leg for about 2.88km so expect a time of between 16-17mins :)

Not too long to go now - Friday 9th Decemeber !

People saying 'its only 3kms' forget that MIG uncle was born in 1947 :ibutt

People saying 'its only 3kms' forget that MIG uncle was born in 1947 :ibutt

Yes, he built Pakistan with his own hands in August of that year, brick-by-sodding brick. And that was just from the crib!

Yes, he built Pakistan with his own hands in August of that year, brick-by-sodding brick. And that was just from the crib!

ss_101106752.jpg

Btw be there an hour or two early and excersize, because you don't want to pull a muscle while running!

your ipod is filled with the hell of motivating songs already ??? do not forget some nice shake in breakfast 2 hours before the race and a banana 10 mins before you start and do streach and walk a little but dont run much.

Lookin fwd to your results

:)

Alhamdolillah All done

2.88 km in about 16-45s !!! This is a record for me - amazed myself

wow 16 minutes. That is good improvement from last year's 19 minutes :14:

looks like the training and practises really paid off.

Last edited:
Read my first post about smart alec comments - by the way how much is your time for approx 3 km?

It doesn't matter MIG how good your time was but well done for beating your previous best. You did it for charity and we should take some inspiration. If you can inbox me your charity or post it a link I would be happy to donate/sponsor your efforts.

16 min for 3 kilometer is pretty good actually. I bet most of the people in here would pass out after 1 km.

And am afraid it's that time of the year again! 3km of pain await me on 16th nov - am in training now so wish me luck :)

Best of luck to you ^^^

Kia MIG ki yeh koshish kamyab hogi ? Kia MIG rickaard tor daur laga sakaiN ge ? Kia MIG ke dil aur dimagh maiN iss waqt chal raha hoga ? Yeh jaane ke liye rahiye hamare saath ...

sub 15 this time
best of luck.
I just did 5km yesterday. It took 29 minutes though. the last km totally wrecked my timing :(

sub 15 this time
best of luck.
I just did 5km yesterday. It took 29 minutes though. the last km totally wrecked my timing :(

Wow that is brilliant! I can just about do 4km on a treadmill in 24 mins

Best of luck to you ^^^

Kia MIG ki yeh koshish kamyab hogi ? Kia MIG rickaard tor daur laga sakaiN ge ? Kia MIG ke dil aur dimagh maiN iss waqt chal raha hoga ? Yeh jaane ke liye rahiye hamare saath ...

Inshallah - aap kee dua kay saath !

Good luck Mig, only time I run is when my wife chases me with her broom. Then it is only about 20m and I have jumped over the back wall. :)

Its today!

Will report on the time but its not looking good :(

According to latest updates man is nearby starting point.

Updates: MIG is waiting for other runner to come and hand the baton to him can happen any second now (20 minutes realistically estimated by MIG himself ) :misbah

we are waiting for more updates.

Last edited:
Good luck sir:19:! Make PP proud today and break all the records:).

Updates: Our Runner is not responding so we can safely assume he is running to make all of us proud as we are typing.

for all the fans out there not so anxiously waiting for updates his last word was "SO" make what you guys can out of it.

P.S. we will resume updates as soon as we get back in contact with MIG

Updates : Our man MIG did it on his feet in 17 mins a job well done.

Congrats to MIG.

It's alive :)

All done - pretty hot out there but finished off

It's alive :)

All done - pretty hot out there but finished off

Get well soon, in case your 'old legs' are effected too heavily:yk.

Anyways, congratulations once again:).

And we are back again!

Race is on 25th October - practice in progress!

Back