"Mine is a Simple Approach to Batting" : Haris Sohail

averaging 50 in T20s and FC yet still not even in the squad hahahha only in pak.
If everyone was removed from their spots in team pakistan and pak was to start over, the players I'd pick straight away(in this order) are Fawad Alam, Umar Akmal, Haris Sohail, Ehsan Adil, Raza Hasan, Sadaf Hussain, Sohaib Maqsood and so on.

averaging 50 in T20s and FC yet still not even in the squad hahahha only in pak.
If everyone was removed from their spots in team pakistan and pak was to start over, the players I'd pick straight away(in this order) are Fawad Alam, Umar Akmal, Haris Sohail, Ehsan Adil, Raza Hasan, Sadaf Hussain, Sohaib Maqsood and so on.

But we have better batsmen in shafiq and azhar, who are consistently averaging in the 30's. :)

Highest bat avg in T20 cricket (min: 500runs)

Chris Harris 70.66
Haris Sohail 50.05
Ross McMillan 46.07
J van Wyk 46.07
Philip Hughes 44.16

He is comfortable in EVERY FORMAT.

Yes but i feel he will enjoy a much better debut in FC. The way he scores there it seems thats his best format. Personally feel T20 is a harsh debut for pakistani players. We only get one shot most of the time and for bowlers its a hit me format and for batsmen its a slog format which can work against a debutant who has alot of nerves. Haris will be making a comeback and will be under pressure and with pakistan there is alot of unneeded pressure.

Last edited:
Yes but i feel he will enjoy a much better debut in FC. The way he scores there it seems thats his best format. Personally feel T20 is a harsh debut for pakistani players. We only get one shot most of the time and for bowlers its a hit me format and for batsmen its a slog format which can work against a debutant who has alot of nerves. Haris will be making a comeback and will be under pressure and with pakistan there is alot of unneeded pressure.

Agree but no batsman has made a debut for PAK in tests in a long time bar opener slots.

Last was 2012 and he got one game.

He should be given a persistent chance in ODIs at 3. And he will be one of the bests in the business. Ability to find gaps, Using feet, Taking singles, All the qualities are there. And a cool customer as well.

Agree but no batsman has made a debut for PAK in tests in a long time bar opener slots.

Last was 2012 and he got one game.

Yes ayub dogar i believe.

Yes for some time we have been stuck with this line of debut in T20 then ODI and then tests. This puts strain on batsmen who might be better at tests than T20 ( not talking about haris since that guy avgs like crazy in T20). Personally believe a T20 debut is harsh and we have a habit of discarding players after one or two match failures. I personally believe he would enjoy a debut in tests alot more than a comeback in T20. Fawad ( although played great in his comeback game) should have actually made his comeback in the format he was most comfortable in which was tests.

I would even take a comeback in ODI over a comeback in T20. Would allow him more games this way. Haris is a talent and we must stick by him.

I think we should all post our Applications to PCB for having this guy in team.

He should never have been dropped in first place. I don't understand why the pakistani coaches/captain lack that "eye" to see the potential in a player.

Even if players like Haris, Hammad and Fawad struggle to score sometimes you should know they are good players.

Regarding the current T20 tournament, well there are many poor bowlers so you will get some easy runs, but it's not the good players fault because they are just facing what is in front of them.

PCB really should do something about the quality of domestic tournaments. Should have maximum 6 teams. Then you will get some good hard cricket.

They can arrange other tournaments for second string players.

Last edited:
How can he be dropped after SL series where he didnt got a single match and from T20 where he came at 8 and got only one chance :facepalm:

Ahmed
Hafeez
Haris
Fawad
Maqsood
Umar Akmal
Misbah

This is a quite decent lineup but the question is that do our selection and team mangemnt have brain to understand it

You call that a decent lineup with misabh in number 7 specificlly to tuk loose us a winning match.

Why not put some Allrounder or Sarfraz there.

Any chance we can upload videos of the T20 league going on at the moment :) ! Especially innings of players we have big hopes for ?

This guy Haris Sohail is getting some of the worst treatment from selectors in recent times. Gave him two measly ODIs vs West Indies, one in which he didn't even get to play iirc. How the hell would you know his potential by only 1-2 innings.

Seems to be knocking on the doors again, let's hope he can make it at least into the t20 XI (scored a solid 50 again today).

Same thing with Umar Amin, after his 47 vs WI in the t20s last year, should've given him a longer trial in t20s.

But of course, the selectors are hellbent to not even let the youngsters sneak into the t20 side, which is a format built for youngsters.

This guy Haris Sohail is getting some of the worst treatment from selectors in recent times. Gave him two measly ODIs vs West Indies, one in which he didn't even get to play iirc. How the hell would you know his potential by only 1-2 innings.

Seems to be knocking on the doors again, let's hope he can make it at least into the t20 XI (scored a solid 50 again today).

Same thing with Umar Amin, after his 47 vs WI in the t20s last year, should've given him a longer trial in t20s.

But of course, the selectors are hellbent to not even let the youngsters sneak into the t20 side, which is a format built for youngsters.
There is no specific format for youngsters. The best format to debut is either Test or the ODI. Imo In a T20 burden and pressure of runs can fall easily on a young guy on debut who'll require some time to feel the air of international cricket.

IMO, ODIs is the best format to introduce a youngster in as it is the most balanced.

In Tests, a newcomer can be quite tentative because he comes in with a negative mindset and tries to stay at the crease as long as possible and avoid rash mistakes, for example Azhar Ali.

in T20s, again there is too much pressure. the batsman tries to make an immediate impact and impression and tries things that's beyond him. ODIs give him the best opportunity to balance the two and play a more natural game.

Introduce players in ODIs, if they show ability to belt the ball, draft him into the T20 team and eventually, if he shows a knack for long innings, play him in Tests.

Introduce new players while senior cricketers are playing? No way! We have the greediest cricketers playing. They don't wanna miss one match let alone a series even against a minnow because they don't wanna lose that moola!

IMO, ODIs is the best format to introduce a youngster in as it is the most balanced.

In Tests, a newcomer can be quite tentative because he comes in with a negative mindset and tries to stay at the crease as long as possible and avoid rash mistakes, for example Azhar Ali.

in T20s, again there is too much pressure. the batsman tries to make an immediate impact and impression and tries things that's beyond him. ODIs give him the best opportunity to balance the two and play a more natural game.

Introduce players in ODIs, if they show ability to belt the ball, draft him into the T20 team and eventually, if he shows a knack for long innings, play him in Tests.

Exactly, T20 is possibly the worst format to debut in, especially for a bowler. Test cricket has a different type of pressure. ODI cricket is ideal because a player can play his shots and also stay in the game. You can tell by watching someones ODI game which other formats they're suited to. I reckon Test cricket is fine to debut in as a bowler though.

Ahmed
Hafeez
Haris
Fawad
Maqsood
Umar Akmal
Misbah

This is a quite decent lineup but the question is that do our selection and team mangemnt have brain to understand it

This lineup is more than decent. After Misbah and Hafeez leave, Shafiq, Amin, Babar Azam and Sami Aslam would probably be competing for those 2 spots. Will be interesting..

Highest bat avg in T20 cricket (min: 500runs)

Chris Harris 70.66
Haris Sohail 50.05
Ross McMillan 46.07
J van Wyk 46.07
Philip Hughes 44.16

It's criminal that he's not in out T20 team yet. Not having him in the ODI or Test team is still understandable because he only has a List A average of 35 with no centuries and making a straight debut in Test cricket doesn't usually work so well...

Nice cover story.

Why doesn't that apply to Umar Akmal ?

No knack or aptitude for playing a long innings yet everyone insistent on drafting him to the test squad :13:

Nice cover story.

No knack or aptitude for playing a long innings yet everyone insistent on drafting him to the test squad :13:

We are all hoping that by playings tests, he learns to play long innings. That's the only reason.

This lineup is more than decent. After Misbah and Hafeez leave, Shafiq, Amin, Babar Azam and Sami Aslam would probably be competing for those 2 spots. Will be interesting..

Hafeez is here to stay atleast for another 3-4 years

Big Match coming for Haris and Sialkot today against KHI Dolphins.

looked everywhere for a stream of ptv national, couldnt find anything, anyone else having luck??

Nice cover story.

If Sarfraz can continue to perform the way he did against SL, perhaps Umar Akmal will not be required in Tests because they reason why I wanted/want him in the Test team is because our middle order is very one dimensional with Azhar, Younis, Misbah and Asad. There is no batsman in there who can score a quickfire 60-70 to take a 50 lead into a 200 one in a session, or a cut down on the deficit in quick time. In other words, their is no urgency and dynamism in this lineup.

All other teams do have such batsmen in their middle/lower order who can up the ante. Sarfraz however did show those qualities, but I'm not convinced with his quality against quality pace so Umar is a contender for that role.

Furthermore, playing Test cricket could also help him build his temperament and the desire to bat for hours.

I'm all for giving him a go but I'm not too sure he's as good as people are making him. An 82 strike rate regardless of the games balance is quite appalling imo and for some reason suggests that there is a lack of strike rotation.

I'm all for giving him a go but I'm not too sure he's as good as people are making him. An 82 strike rate regardless of the games balance is quite appalling imo and for some reason suggests that there is a lack of strike rotation.

His job was to get the guy going crazy on strike.

I applaud him for doing that.

Usually we see young PAK batsman wanting to be the superstarts. This guy knows when to calm down.

I told him yesterday night, 'aim for a not out' and he did exactly that.

Usually we see young PAK batsman wanting to be the superstarts. This guy knows when to calm down.

LMAO :))) :))) :)))

yes however it was still a T20 where anything less than 95sr is quite appalling. He should have done what Fawad did with Afridi and Akmal in the Asia cup where he was rotating the strike whilst the other two were going beserk

yes however it was still a T20 where anything less than 95sr is quite appalling. He should have done what Fawad did with Afridi and Akmal in the Asia cup where he was rotating the strike whilst the other two were going beserk

He's had good strike rates in previous chases. He probably just wanted to take this game home with ease.

There is a thing as being too picky. Match scenario meant he didn't have to take any risks at all, probably meant he didn't have to force some balls where in other innings he would have looked to find a gap.

But I still would like to see more examples of him moving up gears over an innings. It's something that Younis did well in one day cricket and T20 cricket and still does in Test cricket. I always go back and use the 3rd test against England in Dubai as a perfect example. His SR was not too dissimilar to Azhar Ali's for the beginning of his innings but by the end had a SR of nearly 60 and the innings RR was less than 2.5 IIRC.

You are saying as if Haris listened to your advice that's why he stayed not out till the end. He was going to throw his wicket away but when you told him not to, he said Yes sir, remembered your command and did as you bid.

You are saying as if Haris listened to your advice that's why he stayed not out till the end. He was going to throw his wicket away but when you told him not to, he said Yes sir, remembered your command and did as you bid.

Not really.

Problem is the way you interpret my post.

I interpreted it perfectly, but the way you put it was hilarious.

Read your post again.

So even after performing his tail off, Waqar, Pakistan's national team coach did not bring up his name in his list of impressive players but rather we saw Awais Zia.

They won with 4 overs to spare.Not sure what the fuss is about.

Logic would say, our number 3 batsman is out with injury so we should send in Haris but no PCB has other plans as usual!

is this the great Pakistani line up where hacks such as awais zia and failures such as umar amin can get a chance again and again but not the highest averaging t20 batsman in the world?

This is a slap on the selector's face for not doing justice to this guy. Maqsood has no business in the T20s. This guy deserved more than anyone.

This is a slap on the selector's face for not doing justice to this guy. Maqsood has no business in the T20s. This guy deserved more than anyone.

No, Amin, Shehzad and Zia have no place.

not supporting him but now that you have selected him he should be given full ODI series to prove himself.

He's been given plenty of chances to prove himself. Awful cricketer.

Who cares if he aint fit enough?

Did you see what a fit Amin did today? Had enough of this crap.

Back