"Mine is a Simple Approach to Batting" : Haris Sohail

The word ''poor batsman'' besides Fawad is unfair,harsh,impractical and also impossible one.I label it as a stupid word to use in case of Fawad.I saw Fawad play,not once- several times,almost every innings.So, it will be a denial of truth if one says that my judgement is solely based on stats.I saw his 166 against the Lankans which was in his debut test and in opening position,not his usual position.He bats at 4 or 5 but team management and captain Younis had faith on a young debutant to promote him at the most difficult position of a batting line up and he delivered.It was an innings under pressure.And he showed in his very first test what he was capable of against Herath,Ajantha (who was lethal at that time),Vas.Except him everybody collapsed.But after playing 2 more tests he was dropped-the most unfair and ridiculous decision one selector can ever make.I saw Asad play against the Lankans and other teams several times,nothing more than mediocre.No big innings,no match winning innings just one innings which earned a draw against Srilanka.And that kind of innings is normal to come by if you give a batsman so many chances as his sample size is larger than Fawad

And I saw Fawad in Asia cup,against the Lankans in ODIs, in Australia against the Aussies,In England.He was never one dimensional.One dimensional player can never survive to score such heavily at a good rate.He has already proved his calibre.If just one bad series comprising 3 ODIs can be the final verdict,then Asad wouldnt have made into playing eleven after 2012 and Amin after his first 3 ODIs.It is a very biased propaganda to promote average players like Asad and Amin who cant even score heavily in FC cricket!Fawad has heavy record in all foramts in both FC,List A and internationals.More than enough to prove his caliber

Your comment is contradictory.According to you Pakistan's domestic hasnt got good bowlers and clever captain to expose the weaknesses of a batsman.Then why on earth Asad and Amin dont take this opportunity to score heavily?Have they been assured of a place in national side inspite of what they perform in domestics?Probably yes-looking at the world famous nepotism of Pak cricket.Actually they have limited capability to play big innings in any format in a regular fashion.So they will never have good average at good SR in any format of both domestic and International matches.There FC and List A record is no more than ordinary,they wouldnt have got chance for sure into any top side.Just go through the domestic records of India and Srilankans natonal team's batsman.You will hardly see a batsman of Asad's and Amin's calibre and record.

Domestic stats does speak truth in almost every case.You cant judge on exception.Younis and Misbah are currently 2 reliable and high average player in tests for Pakistan.Because they have high average in FC cricket.They first proved them in domestic format and hence they succeeded in tests.Miandad,Yousuf,Injamam all had the same scenario.

If you talk about one dimensionality,Asad is a good example.He can only bat at no 3!You have mentioned it several times.A good middle order batsman can bat in any position from no 3-6 according to team's requirement.Fawad is a no 3 at most no 4 player.But look at him.He scored at no 6-a finisher's position,he won matches at that position,he opened even and delivered.A virtual 360 degree batsman.So why so much talented player like Asad,Amin just cant beyond no 3!

You people just reminds me the fans of Md Ashraful.These people always invented and saw extraordinary talents in him. But he was as good as his stats and domestic record throughout his carrier and never improved beyound ordinary.Those people always lived in Cardiff against Australia and 2/3 other notable innings of him in so many matches.Asad and Amin will ultimately disappoint you like Ashraful, no doubt.It will ultimately prove as a wastage of investment on these 2

Meh. We will bring him back when we play Sri Lanka again: no shame in that. Hafeez, Afridi, amongst a few ow their careers to Sri Lanka. Quite awful batting in this series.

hats off to you sir you have made a wonderful wonderful wonderful point here in regards with asad using what he learned from seniors in the team on how to protect himself and take advantage of captaimcy(Misbah in particular) to protect his own interests.

did you also notice that imran khan, rahat ali and attaullah were not even part of main 11and Ehsan Adil was.
But in the first inning Captain asad bowled all three of them ahead of the guy who was in the 11, and then not only that but also he gace Ehsan the least overs.

In 2nd inning he bowled rahat and imran ahead of ADIL and ADIL (once again the guy who was in 11) bowled less overs than the two.

Asad is continuing on with the tradition set by seniors to keep doing favors to those who can return the favor and in doing so will absolutely ignore giving chances to people who deserve it based on their potential and people like asad will get praises after scoring hundreds when avoiding to bat up the order.

Thanks and I agree with you.Ehsan is a top bowler especially with the new ball and it's a mystery how he wasn't given much overs compare to others. The only explanation I can think of is the team management told Asad Shafiq to do so..

The word ''poor batsman'' besides Fawad is unfair,harsh,impractical and also impossible one.I label it as a stupid word to use in case of Fawad.I saw Fawad play,not once- several times,almost every innings.So, it will be a denial of truth if one says that my judgement is solely based on stats.I saw his 166 against the Lankans which was in his debut test and in opening position,not his usual position.He bats at 4 or 5 but team management and captain Younis had faith on a young debutant to promote him at the most difficult position of a batting line up and he delivered.It was an innings under pressure.And he showed in his very first test what he was capable of against Herath,Ajantha (who was lethal at that time),Vas.Except him everybody collapsed.But after playing 2 more tests he was dropped-the most unfair and ridiculous decision one selector can ever make.I saw Asad play against the Lankans and other teams several times,nothing more than mediocre.No big innings,no match winning innings just one innings which earned a draw against Srilanka.And that kind of innings is normal to come by if you give a batsman so many chances as his sample size is larger than Fawad

And I saw Fawad in Asia cup,against the Lankans in ODIs, in Australia against the Aussies,In England.He was never one dimensional.One dimensional player can never survive to score such heavily at a good rate.He has already proved his calibre.If just one bad series comprising 3 ODIs can be the final verdict,then Asad wouldnt have made into playing eleven after 2012 and Amin after his first 3 ODIs.It is a very biased propaganda to promote average players like Asad and Amin who cant even score heavily in FC cricket!Fawad has heavy record in all foramts in both FC,List A and internationals.More than enough to prove his caliber

Your comment is contradictory.According to you Pakistan's domestic hasnt got good bowlers and clever captain to expose the weaknesses of a batsman.Then why on earth Asad and Amin dont take this opportunity to score heavily?Have they been assured of a place in national side inspite of what they perform in domestics?Probably yes-looking at the world famous nepotism of Pak cricket.Actually they have limited capability to play big innings in any format in a regular fashion.So they will never have good average at good SR in any format of both domestic and International matches.There FC and List A record is no more than ordinary,they wouldnt have got chance for sure into any top side.Just go through the domestic records of India and Srilankans natonal team's batsman.You will hardly see a batsman of Asad's and Amin's calibre and record.

Domestic stats does speak truth in almost every case.You cant judge on exception.Younis and Misbah are currently 2 reliable and high average player in tests for Pakistan.Because they have high average in FC cricket.They first proved them in domestic format and hence they succeeded in tests.Miandad,Yousuf,Injamam all had the same scenario.

If you talk about one dimensionality,Asad is a good example.He can only bat at no 3!You have mentioned it several times.A good middle order batsman can bat in any position from no 3-6 according to team's requirement.Fawad is a no 3 at most no 4 player.But look at him.He scored at no 6-a finisher's position,he won matches at that position,he opened even and delivered.A virtual 360 degree batsman.So why so much talented player like Asad,Amin just cant beyond no 3!

You people just reminds me the fans of Md Ashraful.These people always invented and saw extraordinary talents in him. But he was as good as his stats and domestic record throughout his carrier and never improved beyound ordinary.Those people always lived in Cardiff against Australia and 2/3 other notable innings of him in so many matches.Asad and Amin will ultimately disappoint you like Ashraful, no doubt.It will ultimately prove as a wastage of investment on these 2

Fawad is the type of batsman who will get exposed with time and end up looking a shell of his former self eventually. Umar Akmal and Maqsood are in the same boat; they look great initially, but they have major flaws and gaping holes on which other teams work and expose them. Fawad more so than Umar and Maqsood because he's extremely one dimensional. There is no plan B.

Asad is the type of batsman who won't average 50+ in the slow and low wickets of Pakistan against trundlers and might fall cheaply against SL and Bangladesh (against which Fawad specializes), but against teams with quality pacers like SA, Australia, NZ, England etc. he will regularly come up with the goods both home and away.

I really don't see Fawad and Umar (average of 50+ in FC) lasting against bowlers like Steyn, Anderson, Harris, Johnson, Philander in Test cricket. These bowlers have the craft and intelligence to expose the weak zones of batsmen but I do see Shafiq regularly being Pakistan's best batsman against SA (already is), Australia, NZ, England which counts for more than meaningless runs in FC of Pakistan against Asad Ali and Mohammad Imran. That shows the true caliber of the best batsman.

Contrary to popular belief, Umar is not the best player of pace in Pakistan and never was. Yes he can whack them around, but is clueless defensively. He can score a Test hundred against SA or England by slogging, but he is incapable of playing a classical Test knock. Yes he does merit a place in the Test team at number 6/7, but that's it.

Shafiq's BEST position is number 3 in both Tests and ODIs, but that does not mean that he can't buy a run elsewhere. Of course it doesn't work that way but it is important to give a player a good run in his ideal position rather than shoving him up and down the order to your convenience. Could he have done better by now? absolutely and yes he does have confidence problems which he needs to work on.

For the record, I have never been high on Ashraful. Yes a lovely stroke player, but his defensive technique was always shambolic and I judge a batsman both on how he attacks and on how he defends. Could Amin go his way? absolutely yes, but it is too early to make a call and to discard him.

Asad, Haris, Babar and Amin are the only 4 proper batsmen in Pakistan today who should be developed. Not Fawad, Umar, Maqsood and Shehzad.

Thanks and I agree with you.Ehsan is a top bowler especially with the new ball and it's a mystery how he wasn't given much overs compare to others. The only explanation I can think of is the team management told Asad Shafiq to do so..
Wow...and they still won.
I thought anyone less than ehsan bowling each over from both sides, would spell disaster?
Again, OTT reaction.

Wow...and they still won.
I thought anyone less than ehsan bowling each over from both sides, would spell disaster?
Again, OTT reaction.

That's not the point. This game was to give every players a fair chance to prove themselves even if that means you lose the game. Ehsan who was originally picked in the XI as an opening bowler never got to bowl overs with the new ball..Neither he got fair spells of overs to bowl in comparison to some of other bowlers..

If I was Ehsan Adil I would be disappointed by his captaincy.

That's not the point. This game was to give every players a fair chance to prove themselves even if that means you lose the game. Ehsan who was originally picked in the XI as an opening bowler never got to bowl overs with the new ball..Neither he got fair spells of overs to bowl in comparison to some of other bowlers..

If I was Ehsan Adil I would be disappointed by his captaincy.
I think if your biggest take away from a side game victory was that your favorite did not get to bowl, then perhaps it's a very narrow outlook

Fawad is the type of batsman who will get exposed with time and end up looking a shell of his former self eventually. Umar Akmal and Maqsood are in the same boat; they look great initially, but they have major flaws and gaping holes on which other teams work and expose them. Fawad more so than Umar and Maqsood because he's extremely one dimensional. There is no plan B.

Asad is the type of batsman who won't average 50+ in the slow and low wickets of Pakistan against trundlers and might fall cheaply against SL and Bangladesh (against which Fawad specializes), but against teams with quality pacers like SA, Australia, NZ, England etc. he will regularly come up with the goods both home and away.

I really don't see Fawad and Umar (average of 50+ in FC) lasting against bowlers like Steyn, Anderson, Harris, Johnson, Philander in Test cricket. These bowlers have the craft and intelligence to expose the weak zones of batsmen but I do see Shafiq regularly being Pakistan's best batsman against SA (already is), Australia, NZ, England which counts for more than meaningless runs in FC of Pakistan against Asad Ali and Mohammad Imran. That shows the true caliber of the best batsman.

Contrary to popular belief, Umar is not the best player of pace in Pakistan and never was. Yes he can whack them around, but is clueless defensively. He can score a Test hundred against SA or England by slogging, but he is incapable of playing a classical Test knock. Yes he does merit a place in the Test team at number 6/7, but that's it.

Shafiq's BEST position is number 3 in both Tests and ODIs, but that does not mean that he can't buy a run elsewhere. Of course it doesn't work that way but it is important to give a player a good run in his ideal position rather than shoving him up and down the order to your convenience. Could he have done better by now? absolutely and yes he does have confidence problems which he needs to work on.

For the record, I have never been high on Ashraful. Yes a lovely stroke player, but his defensive technique was always shambolic and I judge a batsman both on how he attacks and on how he defends. Could Amin go his way? absolutely yes, but it is too early to make a call and to discard him.

Asad, Haris, Babar and Amin are the only 4 proper batsmen in Pakistan today who should be developed. Not Fawad, Umar, Maqsood and Shehzad.

You seem to live in a hypothetical world. When Fawad scores, you argue that he "WILL" get exposed. When Asad doesn't score, you defend him by saying he "WILL" gain confidence. By that logic, doesn't Fawad deserve to be selected now, and Asad in the not-so-near future?

You seem to live in a hypothetical world. When Fawad scores, you argue that he "WILL" get exposed. When Asad doesn't score, you defend him by saying he "WILL" gain confidence. By that logic, doesn't Fawad deserve to be selected now, and Asad in the not-so-near future?

You have to watch the two play for 5 minutes to know who will recover from a setback and who won't

You have to watch the two play for 5 minutes to know who will recover from a setback and who won't

Production is still production, nothing is still, well nothing.

Not saying Fawad is great, but in ODI's, regardless of how they look (btw plenty of sports stick to production over talent and win championships) Fawad has produced more. One or two failures by Fawad does not overshadow the good he has done, and a 29 and 50 won't make Shafiq supersede in the rankings. One has to look at what they have done so far in their careers and at the ODI level, pretty, ugly, outrageous, Fawad has been the better player. There is nothing you an argue except the infamous "watch the game" argument that people love to use. I do, and Fawad produces more than Shafiq. The onus is now on Shafiq to take that talent and his chances and do something, and if he doesn't then no, he's not better than Fawad, and simply sighting Shafiq looks better at the crease and has class is nothing to take home with. Putting runs on the board is a talent in and of itself.

Production is still production, nothing is still, well nothing.

Not saying Fawad is great, but in ODI's, regardless of how they look (btw plenty of sports stick to production over talent and win championships) Fawad has produced more. One or two failures by Fawad does not overshadow the good he has done, and a 29 and 50 won't make Shafiq supersede in the rankings. One has to look at what they have done so far in their careers and at the ODI level, pretty, ugly, outrageous, Fawad has been the better player. There is nothing you an argue except the infamous "watch the game" argument that people love to use. I do, and Fawad produces more than Shafiq. The onus is now on Shafiq to take that talent and his chances and do something, and if he doesn't then no, he's not better than Fawad, and simply sighting Shafiq looks better at the crease and has class is nothing to take home with. Putting runs on the board is a talent in and of itself.

Sure, the weight of statistics will switch to Shafiq simply because he will get more chances to play and is more likely to succeed because one of these batsmen is playing cricket consistently and the other seems to be running out of his novelty factor.

Sure, the weight of statistics will switch to Shafiq simply because he will get more chances to play and is more likely to succeed because one of these batsmen is playing cricket consistently and the other seems to be running out of his novelty factor.

With Shafiq he's failed a million times, Fawad did twice in a row and 4 years ago did pretty damn well against this same team so I'm not going to freak out about 2 matches when Shafiqs failed in many more.

Shafiq should be the better player, doesn't mean he will.

Easy to say he will definitively when he hasn't and based on two matches where he scored one 50. You do see you're being a hypocrite. You're giving a lot of love for Shafiq when you need to be more skeptical because body of work hasn't been strong at all.

With Shafiq he's failed a million times, Fawad did twice in a row and 4 years ago did pretty damn well against this same team so I'm not going to freak out about 2 matches when Shafiqs failed in many more.

Shafiq should be the better player, doesn't mean he will.

Easy to say he will definitively when he hasn't and based on two matches where he scored one 50. You do see you're being a hypocrite. You're giving a lot of love for Shafiq when you need to be more skeptical because body of work hasn't been strong at all.

But I never approached the whole thing with stats as being the ultimate arbiter. My bias stems from my much maligned "watch the game' approach

But I never approached the whole thing with stats as being the ultimate arbiter. My bias stems from my much maligned "watch the game' approach

Yeah that approach is the most tiresome of them all. If one cannot have perspective and simply looks at the pretty v performance you'll never have an argument that works. Technique is not quantifiable and in modern sports analytics are everything. Players who 20 years ago were treated as faces of teams in the advanced world of sports wouldn't because of the winning value stat. How much do they impact in overall winning. Whether you like it or not, Fawad despite his technique wins ou more matches and nothing you can say about technique or watching the match will deter that. I've watched the matches where Fawad came and single handedly took us to the Asia Cup final and have is a chance to win. I've never seen that conviction from Shafiq and at 28 you are usually what you are going to be so the body of work would indicate he is not going to be on an upward trend but be relatively what he is. I think he has the talent to do so and improve but again at 28 few do and comparing him to exceptions and not the rule is a poor argument.

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that you're still hypothesizing. All hypotheses are subject to particular degrees of freedom, and to be honest, Fawad doesn't seem to fall in the 95% confidence interval for your hypothesis. He looks ugly, but gets the work done. Has been doing it in the domestics, has a high chance of doing it in internationals. That is why they say "don't judge a book by its cover". Looks can be deceptive.

And your criterion for watching the two play for 5 minutes is also biased, as Asad rarely lasts this long, and Fawad manages to look less ugly as time passes.

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that you're still hypothesizing. All hypotheses are subject to particular degrees of freedom, and to be honest, Fawad doesn't seem to fall in the 95% confidence interval for your hypothesis. He looks ugly, but gets the work done. Has been doing it in the domestics, has a high chance of doing it in internationals. That is why they say "don't judge a book by its cover". Looks can be deceptive.

And your criterion for watching the two play for 5 minutes is also biased, as Asad rarely lasts this long, and Fawad manages to look less ugly as time passes.
I never said I am not hypothesizing. I can tell you I 'hypothesized' before the Aus series that Fawad will fail and Shafiq will do better his crappy numbers.
I can hypothesize again if you like, Fawad will probably not play the entire nz series and he is going to miss the World Cup bus.

I never said I am not hypothesizing. I can tell you I 'hypothesized' before the Aus series that Fawad will fail and Shafiq will do better his crappy numbers.
I can hypothesize again if you like, Fawad will probably not play the entire nz series and he is going to miss the World Cup bus.

Fawad in his comeback has won Pakistan more games then Shafiq in his career.

Anyways, get in Haris!!!

Fawad in his comeback has won Pakistan more games then Shafiq in his career.

Anyways, get in Haris!!!

Harris wont play, maybe its because misbah is a batsman but he just doesnt like puttig in new faces in the batting order

Over the last few years ive noticed that the bowlers can have one poor game and they ll be out but the batters are backed through thick and thin It ll take some major loss of form or a huge debacle for someone like harris to be given a run

from the domestic matches i.e Quaid-e-Azam trophy final on geo super, CLT20 and his appearance for PAk against Wi I've come up that Harris ain;t an extraordinary player as hyped by some of our PPers though he deserves a fair chance

I have been anxiously waiting every test for his debut. He should definitely get one, deserves it on merit and ability. He has been benched for the past 3 tests and as a result missed out on the UAE ODI series and also current FC games.

Should have debuted in 2012 tbh, was selected and should have played in the India ODI series rather than on the bench.

I think he should refuse to be part of a squad that is lead by Misbah as he is only gonna be a waterboy after all the hardwork. Don't see him playing as long as Misbah is there.

I actually agree, because of his mistreatment Haris has missed the 5 ODI series against UAE and is also missing the ongoing FC games in Pakistan

so the wait extends to another 8 months..

To be honest there is no vacancy in the middle order at the moment.

Harris wont play, maybe its because misbah is a batsman but he just doesnt like puttig in new faces in the batting order

Over the last few years ive noticed that the bowlers can have one poor game and they ll be out but the batters are backed through thick and thin It ll take some major loss of form or a huge debacle for someone like harris to be given a run

I would rather have a batsman that can dominate bowlers on these ptches rather than tuk tuk to their hundreds. That's why I would prefer watching Hafeez than Misbah,YK or Azhar.

This great middle order has proven to be a failure out of uae. I'd not expect too much from them when they bat outside UAE.

Haris on the other end is new but I have seen him play fine innings for Stallions in the CL held in SA which shows he is already better than some of the legends that you are saying is hard to replace.

LOL@ future ATG

Well if pakistan had won the last test match he might have been given a go.

For a prolific poster such as yourself, you know Misbah has NEVER changed a winning combination and never will. Heck if a bowler goes at 10 an over he won't replace them because he doesn't change a winning combo when someone gets a duck

LOL@ future ATG

Well if pakistan had won the last test match he might have been given a go.

Why can't Azhar Ali open the innings when he opens for domestic sides and he is mostly batted well coming early in the innings. But Misbah just don't want to change a winning combination and make one of his buddies angry.

For a prolific poster such as yourself, you know Misbah has NEVER changed a winning combination and never will. Heck if a bowler goes at 10 an over he won't replace them because he doesn't change a winning combo when someone gets a duck

Well , its better he is not disturbing the middle order. Haris's time will come , :yk and :misbah are not going to stay forever.

I would rather have a batsman that can dominate bowlers on these ptches rather than tuk tuk to their hundreds. That's why I would prefer watching Hafeez than Misbah,YK or Azhar.

This great middle order has proven to be a failure out of uae. I'd not expect too much from them when they bat outside UAE.

Haris on the other end is new but I have seen him play fine innings for Stallions in the CL held in SA which shows he is already better than some of the legends that you are saying is hard to replace.

:)))

Really?? Hafeez and domination.

:)))

Really?? Hafeez and domination.
To be fair Hafeez has either dominated or gets dominated, more often he is on the receiving end.

Players like Azhar and Shafiq will never dominate an attack. Azhar especially as he isn't a natural batsman and only took it up at the age of 21/22 which in my opinion is completely wrong. So many times we have big opening stands and Azhar comes in and starts blocking and kills momentum.

To be fair Hafeez has either dominated or gets dominated, more often he is on the receiving end.

Players like Azhar and Shafiq will never dominate an attack. Azhar especially as he isn't a natural batsman and only took it up at the age of 21/22 which in my opinion is completely wrong. So many times we have big opening stands and Azhar comes in and starts blocking and kills momentum.

He has the ability and way better at that than Hafeez. Domination is not just hitting three sixes and playing three good knocks in forever.

What YK has done over the last two months is what you call domination.

Agree and Kamran Akmal is the greatest WK Batsman of all time. :srt

A simple approach indeed but the question is, will we destroy him?

Can't trust Pakistani management and captains to groom batsmen properly. The odds are firmly against him now and if he's given a free run at number 4, he will come up with the goods but if he's going to be up and down the order and in and out of the team, he might falter.

After a long time we have seen a young Pakistan batsmen who ticks all the right boxes:

- cool head

- strike rotation

- shots

- ability to handle both pace and spin and doesn't seem to have a go-to shot. Looks comfortable in everything he does.

Always been his supporter.

Good to see him coming good, always knew he has it in him.

Wonder where are those who called him even a TTF based on 5/6 matches that he had played :)))

Always been his supporter.

Good to see him coming good, always knew he has it in him.

Wonder where are those who called him even a TTF based on 5/6 matches that he had played :)))

Amin will prove them wrong too. :srt

“Whether it’s 20 over, 50 over or Test cricket, the basics of batting remain the same to me and my philosophy doesn’t change. Mine is a simple approach and not an approach where I try to overcomplicate my batting.”

Love this quote !

He looked the most assured pakistani batsman at the worldcup in Australia.
Pakistan really do need hm for that tour , needs to get fit and slot into the test side against the Westindies .
Him and babar have to be ready by that tour or this batting lineup will get brutally dismantled.

Get a simple approach to fitness you piece of glass!

Even Louis Saha had better fitness standards than him and boy was that guy injury prone or what

He is the Diaby of Pakistan cricket.

How? Haris Sohail only got that one injury which was serious enough to put him out of the game for so long: it can happen to anyone. Diaby has a new injury every other week.

Get a simple approach to fitness you piece of glass!

Even Louis Saha had better fitness standards than him and boy was that guy injury prone or what

I think that ghost in the hotel put a curse on him.

How? Haris Sohail only got that one injury which was serious enough to put him out of the game for so long: it can happen to anyone. Diaby has a new injury every other week.

Both are ghosts who exist in our imagination only, but a more accurate analogy would be Owen Hargreaves perhaps.

Junaid = Diaby.

Both are ghosts who exist in our imagination only, but a more accurate analogy would be Owen Hargreaves perhaps.

Junaid = Diaby.

Or Sergio Canales who was supposed to be the next big thing for Madrid before injuries. The guy had 5 or 6 cruciate ligament tears in a few years.

He looked the most assured pakistani batsman at the worldcup in Australia.
Pakistan really do need hm for that tour , needs to get fit and slot into the test side against the Westindies .
Him and babar have to be ready by that tour or this batting lineup will get brutally dismantled.

I thot his WC performances where pretty disappointing. He played one of the ugliest innings I have seen in a while against us . I have serious doubts that he's a good option for paks test lineup .

Had the injury not happened he should have the dynamic yet sensible player pakistan need at one down to take the game to the opposition.

I hope Harris does not become another case of Usam Salludhin who before his illness was all set to be the heir to the pakistani middle order.

I thot his WC performances where pretty disappointing. He played one of the ugliest innings I have seen in a while against us . I have serious doubts that he's a good option for paks test lineup .
That was mainly against ashwin i think .
I remember him playing anderson and broad quite well in the worldcup warm up match but than again he doesnt have the pull shot in his armoury so he could be a massive flop as well in test cricket but Pakistan need to take a chance.
He has a problem with the short ball at the body for sure.

where is he now a days ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was mainly against ashwin i think .
I remember him playing anderson and broad quite well in the worldcup warm up match but than again he doesnt have the pull shot in his armoury so he could be a massive flop as well in test cricket but Pakistan need to take a chance.
He has a problem with the short ball at the body for sure.

Not it was against the pace bowlers he was blindly trying to pull every short ball . Did not look good . Not knowing to play the short ball is fine as long as you know to leave them alone . Otherwise it's a serious weakness . He's a good LOI player , paces his innings well which is not common for a pak batsmen , but am just not sure for the longer format

[Video] Harris Sohail's Scintillating Timing.

I really like this guy and can barely wait for his return. Just a little more game awareness and improved fitness and I really believe that he is going to make it real big at the international arena.

https://youtu.be/YyuMUNqTBs0?t=25m16s

Huh? His innings was a thing of beauty. The timing was immaculate and Brett Lee and Sunny Gavaskars couldn't help but not praise it's quality.

He got out as soon as Ashwin came but against Yadav and Shami he was batting like a dream

Still Ofcourse it was no guarantee that he would have been good for the long term and after this year long injury and Pakistans history with batsmen it's very likely he won't be the batsman we want him to be

When will the guy return?

It's been ages since I last saw him play and he is one of the Pak batsmen I like to watch. One of the few graceful Pak bats atm.

Hope he comes back soon. Love watching aesthetic batsmen bat in all teams. Most Pak batsmen are a bit workmanlike but for the same reason, have a soft spot for Asad, Haris and the Prof.
Misbah's era is over. You won't see them anymore. Even we're tired of seeing his clones.

looking cool with new hair cut.He should be ready for odi series against west indies this year
FB_IMG_1470166076393.jpg

Should be picked for the ODI series vs West Indies.

His bowling should be utilized as well. Has potential in my opinion.

The only Pak batter who can bat with SR 80+ without looking like Afridi.

Him and Babar Azam are the only ones.

We gor Sharjeel and Umar who are like mini afridis.

Should be picked for the ODI series vs West Indies.

His bowling should be utilized as well. Has potential in my opinion.

a bit off topic
What would be your odi line up against England

Last edited:
Azhar *
Sharjeel
Hafeez
Babar
Malik
Rizwan +
Nawaz
Yamin
Hasan
Wahab
Amir

I would select the same team too apart from azhar and wahab who will be in under pressure for their places in odi series and good to see you also like nawaz who is not very popular in pp

Back