Mohammad Amir : All talent no performance?

The chapter which once ended his career... Restarted with him ending the script in style. Emotional.

It's his 1st test, relax.

Still a decent performance.

Those attacking him need to get a grip.

It's his 1st test, relax.

Still a decent performance.

Those attacking him need to get a grip.

He didnt do that bad. He kept it tight which was what Arthur wanted. When he got Broad out he looked even better. In favourable conditions he's gonna do some damage

He didnt do that bad. He kept it tight which was what Arthur wanted. When he got Broad out he looked even better. In favourable conditions he's gonna do some damage

Which is what many are saying,hence he isnt the once in a generation Wasim Akramesque bowler that he has been made out to.

Which is what many are saying,hence he isnt the once in a generation Wasim Akramesque bowler that he has been made out to.

True but he kept it tight which kept the pressure on bairstow and Woakes. Look at how bairstow was dismissed he was in such a defensive mindset that he missed a ball he could have scored on. The more he bowls the better he will get.

First test in 6 years he did ok will only get better with fitness etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True but he kept it tight which kept the pressure on bairstow and Woakes. Look at how bairstow was dismissed he was in such a defensive mindset that he missed a ball he could have scored on. The more he bowls the better he will get.

He did ok: the unflattering comparison is because of all the hype and his form in the tour games. In some ways i'm happy that it wasnt an easy game for him. Knows that he cant take his talent for granted and has to work hard to keep going.

You guys come to conclusions so quickly.. One day he is Wasim next day he is Junaid Khan as someone said.. Relax give him time he has potential he will only improve from here..

He did ok: the unflattering comparison is because of all the hype and his form in the tour games. In some ways i'm happy that it wasnt an easy game for him. Knows that he cant take his talent for granted and has to work hard to keep going.

Correct. He got some confidence from the last 2 wickets.

He was looking really dangerous in his last spell. Looks like he is getting his confidence back and next test will be dangerous for English batsmen if pitch is not flat Amir is going to give them more troubles.

he lost his best five years of cricket so he is not going to be the same but Amir of old was tough to play any pitch. I remember him getting Watson so many times lbw even in T20s. He had a deadly inswinger with new ball no matter what conditions.

he lost his best five years of cricket so he is not going to be the same but Amir of old was tough to play any pitch. I remember him getting Watson so many times lbw even in T20s. He had a deadly inswinger with new ball no matter what conditions.
He has a deadly inswinger when the conditions help him.Else he doesnt swing the ball that much.

And Amir of old didnt have a very flattering test record apart from Eng 2010.

He has a deadly inswinger when the conditions help him.Else he doesnt swing the ball that much.

And Amir of old didnt have a very flattering test record apart from Eng 2010.

Amir of old didn't play much tests. I'm basing this on his LOIs performances. He troubled batsmen early on in ODIs and T20s even on flat pitches. do you remember how he got Tendulker with a beautiful outswinger on a pitch Malik scored hundred?

Talent was there with the bat. But not fulfilled with ball.

Sounds weird, but looked as if the talent with the ball accidentally leaked into talent with the bat.

But if I were him I would avoid the celebrations with the teammates on this historic series win, and work hard on my bowling. Some serious Creed/Rocky/Southpaw type training regime for pacers. Maybe call Wasim bhai or Vicky bhai as well. He'll come good.

Talent was there with the bat. But not fulfilled with ball.

Sounds weird, but looked as if the talent with the ball accidentally leaked into talent with the bat.

But if I were him I would avoid the celebrations with the teammates on this historic series win, and work hard on my bowling. Some serious Creed/Rocky/Southpaw type training regime for pacers. Maybe call Wasim bhai or Vicky bhai as well. He'll come good.

He needs rest, not more bowling. Everything is still there, just doesn't have his legs under him which he will have in the next series if allowed to recover well in-between.

Green wicket, all his big fans wanted to see some magic yet once more he couldn't really bring it home. Talking first innings ofc.

Think even his most passionate fans have accepted that he is just a decent bowler now.

Won't say terrible or bad, just average. The future ATG labels have been stowed away under the passenger seats. Please fasten your seat belts.

Green wicket, all his big fans wanted to see some magic yet once more he couldn't really bring it home. Talking first innings ofc.

Think even his most passionate fans have accepted that he is just a decent bowler now.

Won't say terrible or bad, just average. The future ATG labels have been stowed away under the passenger seats. Please fasten your seat belts.
He bowled well in the 1st innings so not sure what you meant by "he couldn't really bring it home." Cricket is a team game. He took 3 wickets and had a great economy so not much that he did wrong. Thing is that he is only 24. So the rest of his career is hard to predict. He could end up being a failure like Talha, decent bowler like Aaqib or an ATG like Waqar. Imho he will probably be a 7-8/10 when his career is all said and done.

Last edited:
He bowled well in the 1st innings so not sure what you meant by "he couldn't really bring it home." Cricket is a team game. He took 3 wickets and had a great economy so not much that he did wrong. Thing is that he is only 24. So the rest of his career is hard to predict. He could end up being a failure like Talha, decent bowler like Aaqib or an ATG like Waqar. Imho he will probably be a 7-8/10 when his career is all said and done.

His isn't 24 apparently he's 26. @Finsher supposedly met Amir's brothers.

Economy rate in test matches isn't much of a deal, he was bowling defensively hence the low economy.

His isn't 24 apparently he's 26. @Finsher supposedly met Amir's brothers.

Economy rate in test matches isn't much of a deal, he was bowling defensively hence the low economy.

I think he is most likely is 24 b/c he played U19 cricket at International level where they supposedly don't let you lie about your age.

Sohail and Rahat have bowled better than him recently yet they don't get 10% of Amir's hype. That's sad.

Three wickets for not many runs is hardly an average performance. He was very good in this match but that won't stop these people for from making their silly comments.

I think he is most likely is 24 b/c he played U19 cricket at International level where they supposedly don't let you lie about your age.

Pakistani parents a few years back registered their children a few years afternoon the birth of their child. Especially in rural areas- where Amir comes from.

These days they apparently wrist test players but a few years back it was just the birth certificate.

I think Amir bowled really well in this game although Rahat and Sohail were better than him.

Amir seems to be in a good rhythm right now and hopefully he is able to live up to the expectations in Australia as he'll be one of vital players for us there.

I think Amir bowled really well in this game although Rahat and Sohail were better than him.

Amir seems to be in a good rhythm right now and hopefully he is able to live up to the expectations in Australia as he'll be one of vital players for us there.

Actually I think Amir was better than Rahat in this game.

He will still be nothing special after 2-3 years, and his fans will still say that please be patient and wait for him to get his stride back.

He will still be nothing special after 2-3 years, and his fans will still say that please be patient and wait for him to get his stride back.

He is a 27-28 avg bowler, not the next Wasim Akram that people expected.

He will still be good.

He will still be good.

That's the point. He's decent/good but his fans are annoying pests who would swear that he's the most talented bowler in the world and that no other bowler has the right to be better than him. This attitude of him being entitled to greatness is off-putting.

He's still more than talented than Starc and Rabada for some people.

He will still be good.

How many bowlers average 27-28 in recent times? If he does manage that, he will be known as one of the greats

How many bowlers average 27-28 in recent times? If he does manage that, he will be known as one of the greats

Johnson

He is an intelligent bowler even without extravagant swing. He has been decent in last two test matches.

Mohammed Amir first bowl of the day bowled an unplayable dolly
Next two balls were leg side dross

The jury is still very much out on amir

It's not that he can't perform he doesn't want to perform but he is still an automatic selection
It doesn't seem fair when we have the likes of imran Khan on the bench

Back