Mughal Empire Appreciation Thread - Positive Contributions of Mughals in Indian Subcontinent

What is Dharmic identidy?
My families are Hindu and Sikh, Dharmic identity is being associated with Dharmic faith.

I have come to believe Hindu and Sikhs have to be strong to protect dharmic religion like Jainism.

But dharmic would be along the lines of Islamic statehood i suppose..

No country will glorify invaders and Mughals would always be that for us, irrespective of whatever they achieved in terms of art and architecture and economy. Nothing changes the fact that they imposed taxes on our ancestors for praying to our own gods, they forcibly converted people, women had to perform sati because of fear of being added to their harems.

And it’s a misnomer that Mughals united people - India had extended way up to Afghanistan under the Guptas and Maury’s. The Cholas had extended their influence in the South east Asia- the reason we saw Hinduism in that region (Angkor wat in Cambodia is a testimony to this).

This sounds like a glorification of Cholas and other invaders and looters. No need to use a euphemism like extended - please say invaded and looted.

My families are Hindu and Sikh, Dharmic identity is being associated with Dharmic faith.

I have come to believe Hindu and Sikhs have to be strong to protect dharmic religion like Jainism.

But dharmic would be along the lines of Islamic statehood i suppose..
This sounds like a personal belief to you.

I doubt patroitic sikhs like the khalistan type give two figs about Dharmic identity.

This sounds like a personal belief to you.

I doubt patroitic sikhs like the khalistan type give two figs about Dharmic identity.
Khalistani Sikhs unfortunately don’t even know Sikhism entirely, Amritdhari Sikhs are ones I’m talking about and they are spread from Nanded in West India to Patnasahib in east to HemKund Sahib in Uttrakhand.

They are also deeply religious and knowledgeable unlike Khalistanis who can’t even pray properly but again it’s their choice.

This sounds like a glorification of Cholas and other invaders and looters. No need to use a euphemism like extended - please say invaded and looted.

For Hindu empires, they use the word "extended". For Muslim empire, that same word becomes "invaded and looted".

It is obvious where their issue lies.

They hardly had an empire. They had few small areas like Goa. That's all.

Ofcourse it matters. Unlike converted Muslims who consider tyrannical Invaders as as heroes, Christians don't consider invaders as their heroes.

Does what happened to Goans down the centuries not matter to you? You seem very keen to downplay the horrific nature of the conquest and talk about Muslim invaders for some reason.

Mughals gave us Biriyani and for that we must be grateful. But that's about it, can't think of any major contributions.

Khalistani Sikhs unfortunately don’t even know Sikhism entirely, Amritdhari Sikhs are ones I’m talking about and they are spread from Nanded in West India to Patnasahib in east to HemKund Sahib in Uttrakhand.

They are also deeply religious and knowledgeable unlike Khalistanis who can’t even pray properly but again it’s their choice.
Ok thanks for the clarification

For Hindu empires, they use the word "extended". For Muslim empire, that same word becomes "invaded and looted".

You do the same for Islamic empires, do you want to debate on Caliphate?

Mughals gave us Biriyani and for that we must be grateful. But that's about it, can't think of any major contributions.

Check first post please. I have listed their various contributions.

Check their impacts in textile industry, shipbuilding industry, agriculture, economy etc.

It is not just biryani.

They still cant answer why these peaceful Hindu empires had armies?

Why rival Hindu kingdoms sacked and looted temples?

They are living in cuckoo land.

Read the history before you talk. Nope, the Cholas never invaded SE Asia. The Cholas had an alliance with the Khmer kings there who were Buddhists and helped the Khymers distroy the enemies - the huge trade and political exchanges lead to building of the Angkor Wat which was both a Buddhist Khmer temple as well a temple dedicated to Hindu god Vishnu.

So unlike the Mughals, the Cholas never were invaders.

It depends on what you ask. If you ask unreasonable and biased questions, I may avoid those questions.

The purpose of this thread is to list the positive contributions of the Mughals. I have done that on first post with references. This thread is not about their alleged bad activities (there are other threads for that).

based on the facts that I will present .... the negatives faaaar outnumber any positives that you woulld like to highlight in this thread ... therefore will you be willing to consider the negatives?

most importantly do you even agree that the negatives are greater in number than the positives ?

Read the history before you talk. Nope, the Cholas never invaded SE Asia. The Cholas had an alliance with the Khmer kings there who were Buddhists and helped the Khymers distroy the enemies - the huge trade and political exchanges lead to building of the Angkor Wat which was both a Buddhist Khmer temple as well a temple dedicated to Hindu god Vishnu.

So unlike the Mughals, the Cholas never were invaders.
Cholas never invaded anywhere?

Thats news to me.

Cholas never invaded anywhere?

Thats news to me.
Cholas did attack the Sri Vijaya Empire of modern day Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and parts of Srilanka and destroyed them. That put an end to the once mighty Sri Vijayans. They never established or extend their empire to include SE Asia lands.
Cholas had mighty naval force.

It depends on what you ask. If you ask unreasonable and biased questions, I may avoid those questions.

The purpose of this thread is to list the positive contributions of the Mughals. I have done that on first post with references. This thread is not about their alleged bad activities (there are other threads for that).

Are you saying that the positives faar outweigh the negatives in your opinion ?

just to be clear ... your answer to the above question doesnt have to be backed by facts at the moment ... I will take your word at face value however on my part I will try to quote authentic historical records.

so Before we dig deeper A simple yes/no to the above highlighted question would be very helpful .... thanks

In Mughal era, India were the second largest economy so I guess Indians really need to celebrate their mughal history.

India always had among the highest gdp, post the Gupta period it was about 30% of the world. In fact India and China were among the highest before the invaders came in, so the economic benefits don't really stick.

If anything the lack of technological advancements post the middle ages killed any hope of surviving the Europeans.

Thats for the people of that territory to decide. No?

Let the Indonesians, Cambodians, Thai and the Burmese to decide. Not me or you.

In Mughal era, India were the second largest economy so I guess Indians really need to celebrate their mughal history.

Under the Mughals the land became the biggest economy in the world with the biggest manufacturing.

You will always have far right Hindus showing anger which stems from insecurity and embarrassment regarding Mughal rule. But they shouldnt be, their land was transformed into one of the greatest nations in history.

You cannot invade and occupy so many people. Most of the natives once realising , welcomed the new rulers, their lives were changed for the better.

Are you saying that the positives faar outweigh the negatives in your opinion ?

just to be clear ... your answer to the above question doesnt have to be backed by facts at the moment ... I will take your word at face value however on my part I will try to quote authentic historical records.

so Before we dig deeper A simple yes/no to the above highlighted question would be very helpful .... thanks

Positives far outweigh the negatives. That's right. That's what I believe.

Many of the "negatives" seem like BJP propaganda. Anyway, this thread is not about those alleged negatives.

Under the Mughals the land became the biggest economy in the world with the biggest manufacturing.

You will always have far right Hindus showing anger which stems from insecurity and embarrassment regarding Mughal rule. But they shouldnt be, their land was transformed into one of the greatest nations in history.

You cannot invade and occupy so many people. Most of the natives once realising , welcomed the new rulers, their lives were changed for the better.

They think Mughals only invaded and looted. Nothing else. LOL.

Extreme ignorance.

They think Mughals only invaded and looted. Nothing else. LOL.

Extreme ignorance.

I think this is their narrative which makes them comfortable, rather than ignorance lol.

When western white folks think of India....they think of Taj Mahal.

Positives far outweigh the negatives. That's right. That's what I believe.

Many of the "negatives" seem like BJP propaganda. Anyway, this thread is not about those alleged negatives.

So what sources would you accept as genuine /authentic non-BJP sources and on what basis ? I'am asking so as to pre-empt tedious you-said-she-said(followed by silence) back and forth and make this a more meaningful discussion.

So what sources would you accept as genuine /authentic non-BJP sources and on what basis ? I'am asking so as to pre-empt tedious you-said-she-said(followed by silence) back and forth and make this a more meaningful discussion.

If you go through the thread, answers are already there (start with first post). I have added references too.

It seems like you want me to say "Mughals only invaded and looted and did nothing else".

Thats for the people of that territory to decide. No?

Let the Indonesians, Cambodians, Thai and the Burmese to decide. Not me or you.

Well then we should apply that same standards to Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kashmir and many in India who have decided they dont consider mughals looters and invaders.

If you go through the thread, answers are already there (start with first post)

That opening post does not mention anything about the negatives( let alone the sources for those ) .... thats why I asked you if the Negtives faar outweigh the positives to pre-empt this sort of pointless discussion.

So please confirm one more time you want to stick around and hear all the positives and negatives. Let me assure you ... it wont be a long arduous back and forth.

Hint: As evidence I will post a photo taken well before there was any BJP or Modi ruling India.

. I have added references too.

It seems like you want me to say "Mughals only invaded and looted and did nothing else".

I want you to accept what the bare facts actually say ( good or bad ). So what is it going to be ?

That opening post does not mention anything about the negatives( let alone the sources for those ) .... thats why I asked you if the Negtives faar outweigh the positives to pre-empt this sort of pointless discussion.

So please confirm one more time you want to stick around and hear all the positives and negatives. Let me assure you ... it wont be a long arduous back and forth.

Hint: As evidence I will post a photo taken well before there was any BJP or Modi ruling India.

I want you to accept what the bare facts actually say ( good or bad ). So what is it going to be ?

I may or may not stick around. It depends on my availability and mood.

Opening post doesn't mention any negative because purpose of this thread was to highlight the positives.

I may or may not stick around. It depends on my availability and mood.

Not surprising ... which is why I asked before investing my time in a discussion that I am very certain that you will walk away from when the hard facts start to surface.

Opening post doesn't mention any negative because purpose of this thread was to highlight the positives.

Again you said the positives faaar outweigh the negatives. But from this post it appears that you either are not interested in the dark side or worse you just simply dont care about the horrific attrocities that occured under the Mughals (which again wouldnt be surprising at all) ?

I think this is their narrative which makes them comfortable, rather than ignorance lol.

When western white folks think of India....they think of Taj Mahal.
And Apu from the Simpsons, but to be fair, that might be just because their Indian imports were from southern India.

Correct.

Another example would be Spanish Empire in Peru and other South American places. They have done horrible things there.

Crusaders killed both Muslims and Jews during first Crusade.

Vast majority of the empires during those periods had cutthroat approaches. So, if someone compare Mughals to "Nazis", they should call Spanish Empire, Portuguese Empire, British Empire, Crusaders etc. Nazis too.
Spanish Inquisition as well.

No country will glorify invaders and Mughals would always be that for us, irrespective of whatever they achieved in terms of art and architecture and economy. Nothing changes the fact that they imposed taxes on our ancestors for praying to our own gods, they forcibly converted people, women had to perform sati because of fear of being added to their harems.

And it’s a misnomer that Mughals united people - India had extended way up to Afghanistan under the Guptas and Maury’s. The Cholas had extended their influence in the South east Asia- the reason we saw Hinduism in that region (Angkor wat in Cambodia is a testimony to this).
First paragraph is an understandable view except for the part about taxes on your ancestors.

Muslims pay Zakat and Non Muslims pay Jiziya. You can see both as tax either way. Muslims have to pay their part but non Muslims enjoy the fruits for free? Wow.

First paragraph is an understandable view except for the part about taxes on your ancestors.

Muslims pay Zakat and Non Muslims pay Jiziya. You can see both as tax either way. Muslims have to pay their part but non Muslims enjoy the fruits for free? Wow.
Muslims will get enough good jobs and important ones to pay the tax .by the way do u know how Percentage for each tax Hindus/Non muslims have to pay tax for visiting religious places but not muslims

Zakat and Jiziya are not tax. Zakat is a religious obligation and a muslim is upholding a pillar of islam happily. While Jiziya is protection money (protection from whom?) a kaffir pays.

But Jiziya is not a bad deal. You pay the money to muslim state and they leave you alone. Not a bad deal if you life in an islamic state. You also have the option to convert to Islam if you don't want to pay Jiziya. There is no compulsion.

Again you said the positives faaar outweigh the negatives. But from this post it appears that you either are not interested in the dark side or worse you just simply dont care about the horrific attrocities that occured under the Mughals (which again wouldnt be surprising at all) ?

Go ahead and post all the negatives from the Mughal era, also along with what you might think are the positives. You can cite your sources too. It will be an educational experience for us readers of this thread. I will keep an open mind.

The only thing that matters is was Jizya and Zakat equal in amount ? Were both Zakat and Jizya mandatory for Muslims and non-Muslims respectively ?

These 2 questions will confirm if they were a fair practice or not.

India still makes moneys on the name of their invaders. They mint money from Taj Mahal, basically the invaders are still feeding them

Zakat and Jiziya are not tax. Zakat is a religious obligation and a muslim is upholding a pillar of islam happily. While Jiziya is protection money (protection from whom?) a kaffir pays.

But Jiziya is not a bad deal. You pay the money to muslim state and they leave you alone. Not a bad deal if you life in an islamic state. You also have the option to convert to Islam if you don't want to pay Jiziya. There is no compulsion.
Their definitions are different but their contribution toward the empire are similar.

Whether you are a Muslim or a Non Muslim you are still paying. If you revert instead of paying Jizya you will now pay Zakat.

The only thing that matters is was Jizya and Zakat equal in amount ? Were both Zakat and Jizya mandatory for Muslims and non-Muslims respectively ?

These 2 questions will confirm if they were a fair practice or not.
There have been times in history when the amount being paid in Zakat by Muslims exceeded the amount being paid in Jizya by non Muslims because no way is it fixed that Jizya has to exceed Zakat or vice versa .

Zakat is definitely mandatory and Jizya can be mandatory too.

The amount of both is dependent on the level of wealth on the person paying for one. And different rates of Jizya have existed and been negotiated on throughout history. There’s no fixed rate

Historically, when empires won battles and wars, common men were subjugated, looted and forced to work as laborers and serve in the military.

But Islam did away with this practice by affording all non-Muslim subjects protection and benefits in the state just like how taxes you pay fund government programs to your own benefit. Both are used to build society.

But Islam did away with this practice by affording all non-Muslim subjects protection and benefits in the state just like how taxes you pay fund government programs to your own benefit. Both are used to build society.

This is what I find really amusing.

You have an invading Abhrahamic faith that comes into a foreign land, takes control and imposes Jizya a tax for non muslims, but it is called 'protection money'.. How would you feel if Hindus went to an Islamic country, conquered it and imposed the same on muslims? you wouldn't feel its discriminatory ?

There have been times in history when the amount being paid in Zakat by Muslims exceeded the amount being paid in Jizya by non Muslims because no way is it fixed that Jizya has to exceed Zakat or vice versa .

Zakat is definitely mandatory and Jizya can be mandatory too.

The amount of both is dependent on the level of wealth on the person paying for one. And different rates of Jizya have existed and been negotiated on throughout history. There’s no fixed rate

Historically, when empires won battles and wars, common men were subjugated, looted and forced to work as laborers and serve in the military.

Every one has to believe its all for development leaving aside all the holy temples destruction, looting, massacre of people for being different religion, beheading revered Sikh leader and his family

It is funny that people who condemn Israel for illegally entering and invading the land of Palestine are supporting Mughals for basically doing the same to Hindus & Indians. In present times, Mughal invaders would be classified as Islamist terrorists and probably will be a banned organization. There is absolutely nothing to appreciate about them. Yes they must have build some architecture and did some development but every invader has done some investments on the land they invaded. Israel also opened many architecture, schools and hospitals in Palestine since their invasion. So please spare us this horror that Mughals did some great work etc. The only reason OP wants to appreciate them is due to their religion.

Nevertheless, Mughals came and converted millions of Indians into Islam. Since 1947, followers of that faith has been given a separate country. All we are now saying is, please leave us alone now and let us decide whom we want to appreciate. If Indians consider Mughals as invaders and want to erase their names, they have all the right to do so.

Their definitions are different but their contribution toward the empire are similar.

Whether you are a Muslim or a Non Muslim you are still paying. If you revert instead of paying Jizya you will now pay Zakat.
It is not the money, it is the definition.

It is funny that people who condemn Israel for illegally entering and invading the land of Palestine are supporting Mughals for basically doing the same to Hindus & Indians. In present times, Mughal invaders would be classified as Islamist terrorists and probably will be a banned organization. There is absolutely nothing to appreciate about them. Yes they must have build some architecture and did some development but every invader has done some investments on the land they invaded. Israel also opened many architecture, schools and hospitals in Palestine since their invasion. So please spare us this horror that Mughals did some great work etc. The only reason OP wants to appreciate them is due to their religion.

It is not funny. It is the smart and rational approach to support something based on whether it helped your community or not. Only indian hindus are stuck on trying to be balanced and are the first ones to raise questions on hindus. Remember, it was the hindus who would say that let is make a hospital at the janmabhoomi. Muslims are smart that is why their territory has grown while hindus have kept shrinking. Islam is a religion of winners.

Wait, you're saying there were no slaves in Islamic empires ? I find that hard to believe.

Nevertheless, Mughals came and converted millions of Indians into Islam. Since 1947, followers of that faith has been given a separate country. All we are now saying is, please leave us alone now and let us decide whom we want to appreciate. If Indians consider Mughals as invaders and want to erase their names, they have all the right to do so.

If you think Mughals were terrorists, do you think Spanish Empire, Portuguese Empire, British Empire etc. were terrorists too?

Check what Portuguese did in Goa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa_Inquisition.

Check how much British Empire looted from India: https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2018/12/19/how-britain-stole-45-trillion-from-india.

During those days, empires worldwide used to invade each other. It was common then. You shouldn't apply today's standard for past events.

If you think Mughals were terrorists, do you think Spanish Empire, Portuguese Empire, British Empire etc. were terrorists too?

Check what Portuguese did in Goa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa_Inquisition.

Check how much British Empire looted from India: https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2018/12/19/how-britain-stole-45-trillion-from-india.

During those days, empires worldwide used to invade each other. It was common then. You shouldn't apply today's standard for past events.
Yes, they are all evil

You are unlikely to see Indians mention about Portuguese Empire's action in Goa because it doesn't fit the narrative.

The Goa Inquisition (Portuguese: Inquisição de Goa, Portuguese pronunciation: [ĩ.ki.zɨ.ˈsɐ̃w dɨ ˈgo.ɐ]) was an extension of the Portuguese Inquisition in Portuguese India. Its objective was to enforce Catholic Orthodoxy and allegiance to the Apostolic See of Rome (Pontifex). Conversions took place through the Goan Inquisition with the persecution of Hindus and the destruction of Hindu temples.[1][2][3][4][5][6] The inquisition primarily focused on the New Christians accused of secretly practicing their former religions, and Old Christians accused of involvement in the Protestant Revolution of the 16th century.[7] Also, among the offenders, were those suspected of committing sodomy, they were given the second most harsh punishments.[8][9] The inquisition was established in 1560, briefly suppressed from 1774 to 1778, continued thereafter until it was finally abolished in 1812.[10] Forced conversions led to crypto-Hinduism (practising Hinduism in secret while posing to be Christians) with those accused of it imprisoned and depending on the criminal charge, could even be sentenced to death if convicted.[2][11][12][13][14] The Inquisitors also seized and burnt any books written in Sanskrit, Dutch, English, or Konkani, on the suspicions that they contained deviationist or Protestant material.[15]

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa_Inquisition.

It shows that their focus seems to be on Mughals only. They don't care much about what other empires did.

so you are caliming that the mughals were arabs?

India still makes moneys on the name of their invaders. They mint money from Taj Mahal, basically the invaders are still feeding them
Invaders have not spent their personal money brought from turkey ,it's the tax paid by its citizens for being hindus.Taj mahal was for his wife ,it's not atleast a public benevolent purpose .Atleast char minar in Hyderabad was built to seek blessings.

So you want us to appreciate them today without applying today's standards? Interesting :)

Lets spill it out mate, we all know why you support Mughals. Why pretend?

Also, no one is stopping you from supporting them but pls don't tell us (Indians) whom to appreciate or not. No sane hindus would ever support a barbaric regime after they tried to wipe out their religion and converted million. We stand united with everything Yogi and Modi is doing by wiping out Mughals from Indian history books.

And if it gives you any peace of mind, no one glorifies Portuguese or British Empire. Its just that they were lesser evils.

Invaders have not spent their personal money brought from turkey ,it's the tax paid by its citizens for being hindus.Taj mahal was for his wife ,it's not atleast a public benevolent purpose .Atleast char minar in Hyderabad was built to seek blessings.
could you plz provide us data that the hindus paid exactly or more the amount spent on to built Taj Mahal.

Anyways, the Mughals did a blessing and provided India with an money. No need to be namak harams

So you want us to appreciate them today without applying today's standards? Interesting :)

Lets spill it out mate, we all know why you support Mughals. Why pretend?

Also, no one is stopping you from supporting them but pls don't tell us (Indians) whom to appreciate or not. No sane hindus would ever support a barbaric regime after they tried to wipe out their religion and converted million. We stand united with everything Yogi and Modi is doing by wiping out Mughals from Indian history books.

And if it gives you any peace of mind, no one glorifies Portuguese or British Empire. Its just that they were lesser evils.

How were Portuguese or British Empire lesser evils? Looks like you need some factual history lessons.

Also, where did I say I wanted Indians to appreciate Mughals? LOL. I don't give a damn about what Indians do.

I made this thread to appreciate positive contributions of the Mughals. It has nothing to do with Indians.

How were Portuguese or British Empire lesser evils? Looks like you need some factual history lessons.

Also, where did I say I wanted Indians to appreciate Mughals? LOL. I don't give a damn about what Indians do.

I made this thread to appreciate positive contributions of the Mughals. It has nothing to do with Indians.
genocide by portuguese is not taught, in fact even their rule is not taught in school text. History for a long time has been about mughals and british, with more focus on the evils of british than mughals. The reason being that most education ministers have been muslims. While there is consensus across sides that british was evil ( shashi tharoor even wrote a few books about them), but mughals has been glorified. That is why you see the blowback against mughal history than british.

We have been holding talks about portuguese as well, you can google the talks held in goa on this subject in the last 5 years.

The focus has been on mughals much more because these oppressors of hindus have been glorified to heavens and that record has to be set straight.

could you plz provide us data that the hindus paid exactly or more the amount spent on to built Taj Mahal.

Anyways, the Mughals did a blessing and provided India with an money. No need to be namak harams
Could pls provide the money spent from their purse.India was already contributing 30 percent of of world's gdp at that time.

Mughals ruled and made those so called positive contributions where? Timbaktu?

You can't alienate Indians and glorify Mughals. Only and only Indians has the right to either glorify or condemn them as they were at the receiving end of their tyranny.

What I fail to understand how can one appreciate a regime that has invaded the land illegally, destroyed thousands of temples, forcefully converted millions but still we somehow have to appreciate them. For what? Introducing Biryani and Mughlai food, is it? Or building few monuments from the loot money?

Absolutely zero appreciation from my end for Mughals. Thank you.

You can't alienate Indians and glorify Mughals. Only and only Indians has the right to either glorify or condemn them as they were at the receiving end of their tyranny.

What I fail to understand how can one appreciate a regime that has invaded the land illegally, destroyed thousands of temples, forcefully converted millions but still we somehow have to appreciate them. For what? Introducing Biryani and Mughlai food, is it? Or building few monuments from the loot money?

Check first post to see the positive contributions. There are many (textile industry, shipbuilding industry, agriculture etc.).

I can definitely alienate Indians and talk about Mughals.

India's gdp is almost 4 trillion lol. Don't think our economy will collapse with the pennies we earn from than monument.
And that monument was built with Indian money and labour.
Not every thing is about money anyway

Genocide is good if you give people biriyani

Genocide is good if you give people biriyani

Only Indians make a fuss about Mughals. Rest of the world do not really care because there were many similar empires like this.

Nobody associates "genocide" with Mughals other than Indians. It was an empire just like many other empires.

BTW, do Indians condemn this too?

Execution of Ajivikas

According to Ashokavadana, the Mauryan emperor Ashoka issued an order to kill all the Ajivikas (follower of nāstika or "heterodox" schools of Indian philosophy) in Pundravardhana after a non-Buddhist there drew a picture showing the Gautama Buddha bowing at the feet of Nirgrantha Jnatiputra. Around 18,000 followers of the Ajivika sect were said to have been executed as a result of this order.[8][9]

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pundravardhana#Execution_of_Ajivikas.

Only Indians make a fuss about Mughals. Rest of the world do not really care because there were many similar empires like this.

Nobody associates "genocide" with Mughals other than Indians. It was an empire just like many other empires.

Why would the rest of the world care, the mughals didn't murder, invade and loot them.
Your logic doesn't make any sense.

Exactly, what is this fuss all about?

Akbar ordered a general massacre of 30,000 Rajputs after he captured Chithorgarh in 1568. The Bahamani Sultans had an annual agenda of killing a minimum of 100,000 Hindus every year.

What is the fuss about invading and killing thousands. We would still support them bcoz they apparently build some monuments and introduced some cuisines.

We would support Mughal invaders with 'Free Palestine' signature in our profiles.

Exactly, what is this fuss all about?

What is the fuss about invading and killing thousands. We would still support them bcoz they apparently build some monuments and introduced some cuisines.

We would support Mughal invaders with 'Free Palestine' signature in our profiles.

Just because a site called "Sikhnet" claims something doesn't make it true.

Again, they didn't just introduce cuisines and build monuments. There were other achievements too which were highlighted on opening post.

Again, nobody is defending any alleged atrocity here.

Purpose of this thread is to highlight the positive contributions of Mughal Empire.

You can’t force someone to convert, because even if they say yes, you can’t change what’s in their heart.
Forced conversions happened in the past. Even now in democratic societies, it happens in different forms such as exploiting their weakness, conditions, etc.
They converted because it’s the truth.
I understand your take on this. But, different religions think their path is the truth. Some even think it is the only truth. You, me, and we all know that is one of the causes of so much religious intolerance in the world.

That’s how it’s been for every messenger sent by God. To bring mankind to realize His Oneness for man’s own good while Satan tries to tempt man to worship false idols.
You seem to believe God, Satan, etc. I don't. By "worship false idols" you are either referring to Hinduism or any other religions that worship idols. In Hinduism, the core concept is the Oneness of God. But they don't believe that God is someone sitting somewhere watching everyone's actions with a checklist of good deeds and bad deeds and assigning them to Heaven or Hell. They believe each and everything in the universe is part of God and nothing is beyond God. One extension of that belief is idol worship. Idols are representations just like how currencies represent value.
Mughal empire was a blessing for India.
No, it was not. India was doing well before the invaders came in.
Sadly the pagans in charge today are trying their best to rewrite history.
The truth will prevail.

Just because a site called "Sikhnet" claims something doesn't make it true.

Again, they didn't just introduce cuisines and build monuments. There were other achievements too which were highlighted on opening post.
That massacre of 30,000 people ordered by Akbar is mentioned by Abul Fazl in his book Akbarnama, which is Akbar's biography. Or do you want to call that book a lie as well?

That massacre of 30,000 people ordered by Akbar is mentioned by Abul Fazl in his book Akbarnama, which is Akbar's biography. Or do you want to call that book a lie as well?

Last time I checked, 30,000 is not anywhere near 6-million.

So, tell me how is this same as Holocaust or "bigger than Holocaust"?

BTW, do you condemn this too or do you not care about it since it wasn't done by Mughals?

Execution of Ajivikas

According to Ashokavadana, the Mauryan emperor Ashoka issued an order to kill all the Ajivikas (follower of nāstika or "heterodox" schools of Indian philosophy) in Pundravardhana after a non-Buddhist there drew a picture showing the Gautama Buddha bowing at the feet of Nirgrantha Jnatiputra. Around 18,000 followers of the Ajivika sect were said to have been executed as a result of this order.[8][9]

Last time I checked, 30,000 is not anywhere near 6-million.

So, tell me how is this same as Holocaust or "bigger than Holocaust"?

BTW, do you condemn this too or do you not care about it since it wasn't done by Mughals?

Ashoka was a killer.. now in that story as well if you read the article it says it might lack authenticity irrespective, I’ll go on to say Ashoka was a tyrant.

Now tell.

They wont condemn it because the house of cards they have built will come crashing down.

Yup.

I just posted one example. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more such massacres done by those ancient Indian empires.

Their focus seems to on Mughals only. Mughals live inside their heads rent-free.

I think this is a great point here. I have never seen christians in India praising Portuguese or British.

I am not sure it is a great point. It is a lot more complex than that.

Many of these Muslim dynasties that went to India fought, lived and died there. Several of these rulers and their soldiers had intermarriages with the locals. Which means a huge chunk of the 200 million indian muslims today would be descendants of these various invading dynasties. There's a heritage link.

For Christians, the story is different. The British and Potuguese rulers kept to themselves, they exploited the local resources and market conditions and sent them back to Europe. They eventually returned to their countries after service. So christians in India today don't have any ancestral links with their European colonisers.

I think this is a great point here. I have never seen christians in India praising Portuguese or British.
This is the underlying difference. Subcontinent muslims praise every muslim invader no matter how bad a muslim he was, because he helped the spread of Islam. Indian christians separate the religion from the european colonialists. I admire the muslim viewpoint here, because that is how I want hindus to be.

Ashoka was a killer.. now in that story as well if you read the article it says it might lack authenticity irrespective, I’ll go on to say Ashoka was a tyrant.

Now tell.
No matter how many times you condemn Ashoka, muslims will never condemn muslim invaders. And this is what secularized hindus don't learn. They are out to prove how neutral and objective they are. Muslims are out to prove how much muslim they are.

Yup.

I just posted one example. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more such massacres done by those ancient Indian empires.

Their focus seems to on Mughals only. Mughals live inside their heads rent-free.
There are many. Many of their historic temples were destroyed by rival hindu gangs who broke the idols and carted away the riches.

No matter how many times you condemn Ashoka, muslims will never condemn muslim invaders. And this is what secularized hindus don't learn. They are out to prove how neutral and objective they are. Muslims are out to prove how much muslim they are.
Irrespective I have condemned Ashoka in other threads and have condemned Kings as such .

I do see what Muslims do with Caliphate etc and i realised that unfortunately late in life irrespective isn’t Raj dharma an aspect which Vajpayee always pushed for?
As part of dharmic ideological shouldn’t that matter?

There are many. Many of their historic temples were destroyed by rival hindu gangs who broke the idols and carted away the riches.
That’s exactly the same logic for Saudi vs Yemen, Israel vs Palestine but we know which matters more, even to Pakistanis India attacking will matter more than Iran attacking them which was obvious.

Back