My SM US 100 Plus cricket bat review

ad2000

Debutant
Runs
Hello Friends,

I received my new cricket bat in the mail yesterday its SM US 100 Plus cricket bat. It is a Grade 1 English willow cricket bat which i got shipped to Australia (From India).

Specs: 2.9-2.10 lbs with a nice pick up. It has 22 grains and almost half amount of heartwood. No knots or blemishes anywhere on the bat. Feels like 2.8 with a mid-low sweet spot. It has a decent curve and huge 40mm edges with a thick toe. High spine with concaving on the back to compensate for the edges and weight.

Performance: The bat has an extended sweetspot. The ping is good, however i will have to prepare it more and try it out in the nets to give a full performance review.

Dealer experience: I got it from Onlinestockist. I after a CA 15000 plus and after checking out with some dealers who dint have any stock asked Ajit from Onlinestockist if he has any bat matching my preference and specs stated above to which he suggested this bat. He sent me photos and i wanted to try it out as i have bought from him before. I placed the order on 13th August and had asked for knocking and oiling. The bat was shipped out on 20th August and i received it on 24th via express courier. Toe guard, 2 anti scuff sheets and company provided bat cover was given and i have to say i am very satisfied with the dealer experience and shipping times.

How it compares with my other grade 1 bats: Ping wise its better than the SS LE and marginally less than my Woodworm. Sweetspot is bigger than SS and more or less same as Woodworm. Position of sweetspot is mid-low as compared to other bats. my SS is 2.7, Woodworm is 2.8 and this must be 2.9/2.10. However all three are great is pickup and would have to try in the nets to get a further idea on which is the best amongst three.

Overall: Initial response is very good and SM seem to have very good bats for the price range. This is exactly as i wanted in term of specs and feel and now i have to take it to the nets to test it further. Hope it gets me lot of runs.

Attachments

• phpKfxZq7PM.jpg
    phpKfxZq7PM.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,127
  • phpM6qZJCPM.jpg
    phpM6qZJCPM.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,874
  • phps0FfENPM.jpg
    phps0FfENPM.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,965
  • phphorSuEPM.jpg
    phphorSuEPM.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,486
A bigger picture for grain comparison. I have just removed the anti scuff sheet from the SS LE and sanded it. That's why its looking so white. I have to oil it for the season and am planning use it without applying antiscuff sheet

Attachments

• phpW94GfJPM.jpg
    phpW94GfJPM.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,850
looks like a sweet bat!

did you get any additional customs charge or just the shipping cost?

another person i know bought a SG TD 45 from this website and did not occur any customs just wondering if you had any...

have fun...

Nice bat very nice grains, i wouldn;t use a bat without scuff sheet they break down very easily i am speaking from my own experience. It is best to spend an extra $10 for a scuff sheet.

Looks like an absolutely stunning bat, best grains I have seen on a bat. How much did the bat cost you?

@Alee... I dint have to pay any custom charges. There were no delays in customs.

@Ammo.. i used it last season with Antiscuff and edgetape...wanted to see if removing them affects the performance postively..but if it doesent make much of avdifference, put one on.

@Khalil...Its 105 pounds + 18 pounds as postage to Australia. The website deals in pounds and exact cost depends on transfer rate plus conversion fee by paypal.

@Khalil...Its 105 pounds + 18 pounds as postage to Australia. The website deals in pounds and exact cost depends on transfer rate plus conversion fee by paypal.

Wow that seems like an excellent price, please update us once you have played with bat and how it compares with others you have.

Nice bats.

Love the profiles on all three.

Is this the top SM bat?

Why the silly name Pintu on the side? Sounds like a bad bollywood comedy character. Lol

You paid too much!

The bat clearly says its $100 US PLUS Taxes! :yk

Nice bats.

Love the profiles on all three.

Is this the top SM bat?

Why the silly name Pintu on the side? Sounds like a bad bollywood comedy character. Lol

Its not the top of line SM. I think it would be about 4th-5th in their lineup from top. Regarding Pintu, i think its the owners fathers pet name. They are from the BDM family and now they started their own line under SM Pintu brand name

A bigger picture for grain comparison. I have just removed the anti scuff sheet from the SS LE and sanded it. That's why its looking so white. I have to oil it for the season and am planning use it without applying antiscuff sheet

Let me know if you decide to part ways with it. I know someone who may be interested as he is looking for a used SM Pintu.

22 grains grade 1 for £100 you cannot go wrong looks like a stunner of a bat contragz hope i dont come across hat bat when i am bowling

Yeah the handle are a bit thin but the performance overall on SM bats is very good, I had 2 with 15+ grains cost less then £80.
Sent from my samsung galaxy s3 GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
This grains annoys me sometimes, bats ping is more dependent on how its made (craftsmanship, quality, PRESSING!) rather than grains.

The bat has performed really well. I trained in the nets against a bowling machine and the ball comes off really well. I used it in a couple of matches and the ping/performance was good. However i decided to stick with the Woodworm for my last season and dint use it a lot. However no issues with its durability either in my experiences in the net and occasionally matches.

I recently ordered SS LE from Online Stockist and waiting for the delivery now. I have lot of faith on SS. So, did not think of any other bat! Currently I'm using Adidas Incurza and Pellera.

Will I get surprises or disappointments choosing SS LE than SM?

Oh, forgot to mention. This is my first post and cant wait to post the pics once I got my Bat!

I recently ordered SS LE from Online Stockist and waiting for the delivery now. I have lot of faith on SS. So, did not think of any other bat! Currently I'm using Adidas Incurza and Pellera.

Oh, forgot to mention. This is my first post and cant wait to post the pics once I got my Bat!

i received SS LE bat and Matrix softs few days ago from online stockist n they were awesome. bat was 2.10 but pick up was like 2.8 with 13 straight grains and thick edges. ajit send me few bats pics to choose from before buying which helped a lot.

Last edited:
You knocked on the right door, won't get disappointed.

You knocked on the right door, won't get disappointed.

i received SS LE bat and Matrix softs few days ago from online stockist n they were awesome. bat was 2.10 but pick up was like 2.8 with 13 straight grains and thick edges. ajit send me few bats pics to choose from before buying which helped a lot.

Cheers lads! Hopefully will receive my bat today or tomorrow and can't wait to use it on Sat and Sunday matches!

i have also ordered one based on your review and the pics. will post the pics once it comes.

The bat has performed really well. I trained in the nets against a bowling machine and the ball comes off really well. I used it in a couple of matches and the ping/performance was good. However i decided to stick with the Woodworm for my last season and dint use it a lot. However no issues with its durability either in my experiences in the net and occasionally matches.

Do you wanna sell it?

Back