Narendra Modi : Mega Discussion Thread

I don't know about other fields but medical education under this government has improved.

More doctors are graduating. They have tried to ease the vice like grip professors had over the life of students. Infact they have suspended senior professors for harassment etc.
Can you expland on this?

Russian President Putin Confers Order Of St Andrew The Apostle On PM Narendra Modi

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday officially received the Order of St Andrew the Apostle the First-Called, Russia’s most prestigious civilian honour, bestowed upon him in 2019. During the ceremony, President Vladimir Putin expressed his heartfelt congratulations to Prime Minister Modi. "Dear friend, from the bottom of my heart, I would like to congratulate you for this highest Russian award and wish you good health, success and all the best. To the friendly people of India, I wish peace and prosperity," Russian President Putin stated, as quoted by news agency ANI.

In response, Prime Minister Modi expressed his gratitude, saying, "I am heartily grateful to you for conferring me with the highest civilian honour of Russia. This isn't just my honour, this is an honour of 140 crore Indians. This is an honour of the old and deep friendship and mutual trust between India and Russia", as reported by news agency PTI.

PM Modi also took to X and stated, "Honoured to receive The Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle. I thank the Russian Government for conferring the award. This award is dedicated to my fellow 140 crore Indians."

The accolade was initially announced in 2019 by the Russian Embassy in India. "On April 12, @narendramodi was decorated with the Order of St Andrew the Apostle for exceptional services in promoting special & privileged strategic partnership between Russia and India and friendly relations between the Russian and Indian peoples," the embassy had tweeted.

President Putin had also taken to social media to commend the Prime Minister. “Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi received the Order of St Andrew for outstanding achievements in promoting partnership with Russia,” he posted on Twitter.

What Is The 'Order Of St Andrew The Apostle'?

The Order of St Andrew the Apostle, established by Tsar Peter the Great in 1698, is the highest order of chivalry in Russia. Named in honour of Saint Andrew, the patron saint of Russia, the order recognises outstanding civilian and military merit. The insignia includes a blue sash, a badge featuring a cross of St Andrew, and a star worn on the chest. The badge depicts Saint Andrew crucified on an X-shaped cross. After being abolished post the Russian Revolution in 1917, the order was revived in the post-Soviet era and continues to be awarded for exceptional service to the state.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link:

Modi accuses Pakistan of using 'terrorism, proxy war' to stay relevant​

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that Pakistan was trying to stay relevant through "terrorism" and "proxy war" but such a strategy would never succeed.

The nuclear-armed South Asian neighbours have uneasy relations and India has, for decades, accused Pakistan of backing militants fighting its rule in Kashmir, the Himalayan region both claim in full but rule only in part.

Modi spoke at an event to mark the 25th anniversary of India's short military conflict with Pakistan in the Himalayan region of Kargil.

The arch rivals have also fought three wars, two of them over Kashmir. Modi said Pakistan had been unsuccessful whenever it tried to further its plans but had "not learned anything from its history".

"I want to tell these patrons of terrorism that their unholy plans will never be successful...Our brave (forces) will squash terrorism, the enemy will be given a befitting reply," he said.

Pakistan has previously denied such accusations by India, saying it only provides diplomatic and moral support to Kashmiris seeking self-determination in the Muslim-majority region.

In a statement later on Friday, Pakistan's foreign ministry said it stood resolute in its ability and intent to "safeguard its sovereignty against any aggression".

"While Pakistan is ready to counter India's aggressive actions, it remains committed to promoting peace and stability in the region," the foreign ministry said.

There has been a recent spate of militant attacks in the Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir with almost a dozen Indian soldiers killed this year.

Indian-Pakistani relations have been largely frozen as the two countries downgraded their diplomatic ties in ***-for-tat moves in August 2019 after New Delhi scrapped Kashmir's special status and split it into two federally administered territories.

Earlier this year, Pakistan said there was credible evidence linking Indian agents to the killing of people on its soil – accusations that India termed "fake".

Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar said last month that India would look for a solution to cross-border terrorism, which "cannot be the policy of a good neighbour".

Modi accuses Pakistan of using 'terrorism, proxy war' to stay relevant​

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that Pakistan was trying to stay relevant through "terrorism" and "proxy war" but such a strategy would never succeed.

The nuclear-armed South Asian neighbours have uneasy relations and India has, for decades, accused Pakistan of backing militants fighting its rule in Kashmir, the Himalayan region both claim in full but rule only in part.

Modi spoke at an event to mark the 25th anniversary of India's short military conflict with Pakistan in the Himalayan region of Kargil.

The arch rivals have also fought three wars, two of them over Kashmir. Modi said Pakistan had been unsuccessful whenever it tried to further its plans but had "not learned anything from its history".

"I want to tell these patrons of terrorism that their unholy plans will never be successful...Our brave (forces) will squash terrorism, the enemy will be given a befitting reply," he said.

Pakistan has previously denied such accusations by India, saying it only provides diplomatic and moral support to Kashmiris seeking self-determination in the Muslim-majority region.

In a statement later on Friday, Pakistan's foreign ministry said it stood resolute in its ability and intent to "safeguard its sovereignty against any aggression".

"While Pakistan is ready to counter India's aggressive actions, it remains committed to promoting peace and stability in the region," the foreign ministry said.

There has been a recent spate of militant attacks in the Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir with almost a dozen Indian soldiers killed this year.

Indian-Pakistani relations have been largely frozen as the two countries downgraded their diplomatic ties in ***-for-tat moves in August 2019 after New Delhi scrapped Kashmir's special status and split it into two federally administered territories.

Earlier this year, Pakistan said there was credible evidence linking Indian agents to the killing of people on its soil – accusations that India termed "fake".

Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar said last month that India would look for a solution to cross-border terrorism, which "cannot be the policy of a good neighbour".

If there is one thing we know about PM Modi ji, nothing that he says is irrelevant. If what he alleged is true, it calls for another round of surgical strikes to take out such terrorist camps.

PM Modi speaks to Kerala CM over Wayanad landslides, assures all possible help

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday assured the Kerala government of all possible assistance from the Centre following landslides in parts of Wayanad.

“Distressed by the landslides in parts of Wayanad. My thoughts are with all those who have lost their loved ones and prayers with those injured. Rescue ops are currently underway to assist all those affected. Spoke to Kerala CM Shri @pinarayivijayan and also assured all possible help from the Centre in the wake of the prevailing situation there,” PM Modi wrote in a post on X (formerly Twitter).

Hundreds of people are feared trapped as huge landslides strike hilly areas near Meppadi in Kerala's Wayanad district. Seven persons reportedly have died so far in the massive landslides.

Leader of the Opposition and former Lok Sabha MP from Wayanad, Rahul Gandhi, said he will speak to Union ministers to request all possible assistance for Wayanad.

“I am deeply anguished by the massive landslides near Meppadi in Wayanad. My heartfelt condolences go out to the bereaved families who have lost their loved ones. I hope those still trapped are brought to safety soon,” said Rahul Gandhi wrote on X.

“I have spoken to the Kerala Chief Minister and the Wayanad District Collector, who assured me that rescue operations are underway. I have requested them to ensure coordination with all agencies, set up a control room, and inform us of any assistance needed for the relief efforts. I will speak to Union Ministers and request them to provide all assistance possible to Wayanad. I urge all UDF workers to assist the administration in the rescue and relief operations,” he added.

At least 48 people are currently under treatment and four bodies have been brought to Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences, ANI quoted a medical officer as saying.

SOURCE: https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...ssures-all-possible-help-101722309556565.html

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched on Wednesday his historic trip to Poland and Ukraine, where the premier has pledged to campaign for a peaceful resolution of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

Modi will be the first Indian prime minister to make a Ukraine trip and first in 45 years to travel to Poland, Kyiv’s staunch ally that is a key transit for foreign leaders heading to its war-torn neighbour.

He is expected to meet with Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk and President Andrzej Duda on Thursday, as well as with Indian nationals living in the central European country.

“This visit will add momentum to the India-Poland friendship and benefit the people of our nations,” Modi said on X upon landing in Warsaw.

On Wednesday, Modi will commemorate an Indian maharaja who sheltered Polish children during World War II, before laying flowers at a war memorial and delivering a speech to the Indian community in Poland.

Poland “needs a lasting partnership with India,” Deputy Polish Prime Minister Wladyslaw Kosiniak-Kamysz told reporters before Modi’s visit, adding that economic ties would also be on the agenda.

Meeting with Zelensky
Modi has trodden a delicate balance between maintaining India’s historically warm ties with Russia while courting closer security partnerships with Western nations as a bulwark against regional rival China.

His government has avoided explicit condemnations of Russia’s 2022 invasion of Ukraine, instead urging both sides to resolve their differences through dialogue.

“As a friend and partner, we hope for an early return of peace and stability in the region,” Modi said in a statement published on Wednesday before his departure for Poland.

In Kyiv, Modi will hold talks with President Volodymyr Zelensky and “share perspectives on peaceful resolution of the ongoing Ukraine conflict”, the statement added.

“India has consistently advocated for diplomacy and dialogue to reach a negotiated settlement,” Indian foreign ministry official Tanmaya Lal said before the visit.

Zelensky announced on Monday that “a number of documents are also expected to be signed” during the meeting with Modi, whose previous diplomatic efforts drew condemnation from Kyiv.

In July, hours after Russia pummelled multiple cities across Ukraine, Modi visited Moscow and was pictured hugging Putin at his residence.

He also visited Russia in 2019 and hosted Putin in New Delhi two years later, weeks before Moscow began its offensive against Ukraine.

India has largely shied away from explicit condemnation of Russia and abstained from UN resolutions targeting the Kremlin.

However, Russia’s fight with Ukraine has also had a human cost for India.

New Delhi has pushed Moscow to return several of its citizens who signed up for “support jobs” with the Russian military but were later sent to fight on the frontlines in Ukraine.

At least five Indian soldiers have been killed in the conflict.

Source: AFP

Good luck PM Modi ji.

The world looks at this trio with hopes that this will bring peace to humanity and stop the war.

Their actions mirror those of the Pakistani Army, but instead of khaki, they don saffron. The similarity is undeniable, even if the uniform is different.
There's nothing unique about them or the Pakistani Army. They all follow the standard authoritarian pattern where they convince themselves anything said against them is actually anti-national.

Democracy's and some constitutional checks and balances are the only protection. Sometimes even that breaks down. Hasn't yet in India luckily.

There's nothing unique about them or the Pakistani Army. They all follow the standard authoritarian pattern where they convince themselves anything said against them is actually anti-national.

Democracy's and some constitutional checks and balances are the only protection. Sometimes even that breaks down. Hasn't yet in India luckily.
Say something against EV Ramasamy in Tamil Nadu and show me democracy and constitutional checks.

Supreme Court is the only thing that stands between the people and a dictatorship. But even the SC is starting to crack .. won't be long before the court becomes saffronised as well if the three stooges of Modi, Shah and Yogi Bear continue to be in power. They're desperately trying to infiltrate the courts.

PM Modi's apology after collapse of Shivaji statue: He is our deity​

Calling Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj his "deity", Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday apologised to the revered 17th century warrior king and all those who were offended by the collapse of his statue at Sindhudurg's Rajkot Fort. The collapse of the 35-foot statue, unveiled by PM Modi just eight months ago, came as an embarrassment to the ruling Mahayuti government, with Assembly elections just around the corner.

Speaking at an event in Palghar, PM Modi said, "Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj is not just a name or a king. For us, he is our deity. Today, I bow my head at his feet and apologise to my deity."

PM Modi's apology comes amid an outrage in Maharashtra over the incident as Shivaji Maharaj is a revered figure and his legacy is a sensitive issue in the state.

"Our values are different. For us, nothing is bigger than our deity... The moment I landed here, I first apologised to Shivaji Maharaj over the statue collapse. I also apologise to the people who were hurt by the collapse," the Prime Minister said as the government attempts at damage control ahead of assembly polls.

Taking a swipe at the opposition, which has been trying to corner the coalition government over the issue, PM Modi said, "Some people keep abusing Veer Savarkar but are not ready to apologise for insulting him."

What has compounded problems for the ruling alliance, comprising the Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena, Ajit Pawar-led NCP and the BJP, is the fact that they have spoken in different voices.

The Shinde government also saw protests from its own ally, the NCP (Ajit Pawar), over the statue collapse incident.

On Thursday, Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde also asserted he would not hesitate to touch the feet of warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj 100 times and apologise for the statue collapse if required.

A 35-foot statue of Maratha Empire founder Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi last year at a fort in Maharashtra's Sindhudurg district, collapsed on August 26. Chief Minister Eknath Shinde blamed the statue collapse due to strong winds.

The statue was erected at Rajkot Fort in Sindhudurg, which witnessed heavy rainfall and gusty winds last week.

Earlier at the event in Palghar, PM Modi laid the foundation stone of the Vadhvan Port. The total cost of this project is around Rs 76,000 crores.

"Not just India, but in the entire world it will be the biggest port in terms of depth. Let me tell you that the Vadhvan port alone will have a capacity of carrying more containers than any other port in the country", PM Modi said after laying the foundation stone.

Why is it that most of the influential Ummah is supporting PM Modi.

While Pakistanis keep crying about PM Modi and no one is listening to them ? Aren't Pakistanis part of the the Ummah ?

Why is it that most of the influential Ummah is supporting PM Modi.

While Pakistanis keep crying about PM Modi and no one is listening to them ? Aren't Pakistanis part of the the Ummah ?

Strong acknowledge strong brother. The best of Islamic world will always show Bharat and Modi ji the respect they deserve, and it's mutual. <3

Back