New Zealand (283/1) hammer England (282/9) by 9 wickets to win Match 1 of the ICC World Cup 2023

Which side will win the ICC World Cup 2023 game between England and New Zealand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What happened to Saqib Mahmood, the guy was quick a genuine pace bowler . Woakes will get smashed up here and if Wood continues to be wayward or thinks he can just bounce batsman out every ball then England could be in a little trouble

Rachin Ravindra did nt have any significant innings before Pakistan warm up match. Guess Pakistan is known to establish new players into world class

Think This WC , Major factor will be toss ball is coming on under lights ever team will prefer chasing.

Morgan is already talking about Toss. It is not a one size fits all situation here. Sure on some grounds it is advantageous. But you have to factor in and put above par especially if you have good batting depth.

Rachin Ravindra did nt have any significant innings before Pakistan warm up match. Guess Pakistan is known to establish new players into world class
He's playing for nz for more than a year never played a good 50 run inning before. Looks like indian pitches really suited his style of batting

Morgan is talking garbage. "NZ has showncourage to take risk" seriously? They didn't take any risks in this partnership. They are just playing normal cricketing shots.

Reactions: IAJ
Teams batting 2nd will win the majority of the games.

Another tournament dictated by the toss
Toss is secondary. This was always gonna be a high scoring match, but England threw it away.

I am kinda very happy to see England get a proper phainta. Too much hype of their bazball strategy in the run-up to the WC.

Morgan is already talking about Toss. It is not a one size fits all situation here. Sure on some grounds it is advantageous. But you have to factor in and put above par especially if you have good batting depth.
It was a factor in Dubai t20 world cup and also Australia world cup too

First Curran was better than Shaheen and now Ravindra is better than Babar, Pakistani fans so fickle. All based on 2 overs or batting against poor bowling on phatta wicket.
100 off 82 is not a couple of overs. He’s playing the defending champions in his first WC match and made a ton at a great clip.

Ok give us batting first when India play against Pakistan at Same venue on 14 oct .this is what you Right??
Yes Pakistan’s only chance against india is to win the toss and hope india reaches lowish score of 270 to 300 above 300 pakistan will lose
on the other hand india will even chase 350 against us on these pitches

Well done Ravindra

Last edited by a moderator:
People applauding NZ just need to hold on a sec...said lots of people said this is a bat second kind of tournament...so win toss, almost always win match.

Let's see how other teas do chasing, lets see if the trend is true and lets see what NZ can do when trying to defend a target.

Who would have think :) Ravindra Great progression. 2016 under-19 batch. Same batch as Rishab Pant, Isan Kishan, Washington Sundar.

Still no crowd, I thought the stadium would fill up after people finish work

Yes Pakistan’s only chance against india is to win the toss and hope india reaches lowish score of 270 to 300 above 300 pakistan will lose
on the other hand india will even chase 350 against us on these pitches
Not just against Pakistan .India want to bat first against most team in this world cup.

Is it me or does anyone else prefer the camera production in Asia. I prefer the camera angles better , the ball feels more quicker when you see it released.

In Australia I don’t like the angle they use , feels to high up

Is it me or does anyone else prefer the camera production in Asia. I prefer the camera angles better , the ball feels more quicker when you see it released.

Best Camera angles are in England nothing beats their brodcast.

People applauding NZ just need to hold on a sec...said lots of people said this is a bat second kind of tournament...so win toss, almost always win match.

Let's see how other teas do chasing, lets see if the trend is true and lets see what NZ can do when trying to defend a target.

This is Ahmedabad. Let us not conclude Eden Gardens, Delhi, Chennai will have the same way. Or even Dharamsala for that matter. Also India has defended totals like 230 here last year. Prasidh Krishna produced steep bounce took 4 for 12 on this pitch against West Indies.

Ponting 2007, Shehwag 2011, Finch 2015...Worldcup was taken by the first centurion...Will Conway take 2023 world Cup ???

Australia camera Angeles are annoying I agree. We call ourselves the land down under but film over 👀

6.3 million watching on Hotstar in India and probably millions more on Cable for a neutral match..

A WTC final between these 2 sides won't get that viewership probably even in England.

ODI cricket is far from finished :inti
Re viewership, you are comparing a population of 1.4 billion to 55 million.

Ian Smith is trying very very hard to be neutral but you know he is faking. Bordering on cherophobia.

They are well behind now. They tried to bully batsmen with pace lost their plot. They should have opened with Moeen Ali.
And he should have given more overs to Livingstone as well. Poor captaincy.

Re viewership, you are comparing a population of 1.4 billion to 55 million.
Doesn't matter. The narrative that ODIs are dying is a myth and not based on reality at all.

Maybe suits English fans and SKY. But it's a narrative that is not based on any actual facts. :inti

Young Pakistani batsmen should learn from Ravindra. Even if you make a big score you need to finish off the job and not opt for a stupi shot.

Somebody said New Zealand are dealing in boundaries to stay ahead in a number of boundaries. They don't want to get robbed like the 2019 World Cup :cool:

This is a very good win for NZ , they have beaten a tournament favorite here , they will be inching towards semi final ticket.

We can talk about toss and everything. But you rbowling has to be uber crap to concede 257 runs by 34th over that too when they bowled to a world cup debutant and a conventional batsman.

What a load of rubbish, he's never had the chance to bat in the top order. He's been used down the order.

Last time i saw a chase like this was when India chased down 321 in 36 overs at Hobart in 2012, where Kohli made 133 not out in 86 balls.

We can talk about toss and everything. But you rbowling has to be uber crap to concede 257 runs by 34th over that too when they bowled to a world cup debutant and a conventional batsman.
The pitches aren’t helping. They do not have Archer anymore, who had brains and freak skill besides raw pace.

Wood just sits up to be hammered like Rauf on these pitches.

Sam Curran has been humiliated in that over. Conway was just sitting back and flat batting everything he threw at him.

Man these pitches plus dew under lights.. another world cup will be decided by the toss

Back