New Zealand (283/1) hammer England (282/9) by 9 wickets to win Match 1 of the ICC World Cup 2023

Which side will win the ICC World Cup 2023 game between England and New Zealand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what do you want rauf to do he is a fast bowler he is gonna bowl fast maybe drop him and bring a spinner?
Ain't no way we should drop him but he should try alot of things on this pitches just focus on line and length. During the warm up he gave 2 hit me balls every over

In another match this year at Indore India scored 385. NZ made 295 in response. Conway scored 138 with 8 sixes.

Maybe that's why India never have produced geniune fast bowlers:wahab
True they have good bowlers now a days but the pitches really suits batsmen no wonder they always find top class batsmen

Early this year India posted 349 at Hyderabad. NZ was 131/6 at one point. They lost by 12 runs in the end. Bracewell batting at 7 made 140 runs hitting 12 fours 10 sixes.
They even miss Bracewell. This little country is the most talented cricketing nation, by some distance.

Kane williamson should come back as a stabilizer and bat at 4. or 5. His strike rate is horrible generally.

Woakes being shown his worth outside England

Last edited by a moderator:
Nz are chasing it down at around 32/33 overs. Both should go for the kill now

True they have good bowlers now a days but the pitches really suits batsmen no wonder they always find top class batsmen
I just said that in jest bro. I really rate their current quicks.

I understand their bowling is not good. But this particular match they have to look at their batting more. ON a pitch like this 282 is a joke score in hindsight.

Woakes being shown his worth outside Engerrrrland
Should have never been selected because both him Willey and Sam Curran are almost same. In next match they should replace him with gus or topley

Not on these grounds. In The IPL season he went for 10 an over. Every tom dick harry smashed him all over. He bowled fast alright. But travelled
Pace is pace yaar....what would we Indians know about Phaast bowling....

With Archer legs and lips would be trembling....

This is real smashing to England by NZ

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to mix up your deliveries. Leg cutter, knuckle ball, In between a yorker, slow bouncer.

Lisa: At what stage would NZ start to think about chasing this down quickly so their NRR is high
Atherton: Lisa, we are only 23.3 overs into the WC and you are already talking about NRR. There are Englishmen in the com box, what you are saying is like twisting a knife in our gut

They did won the t20 world cup without him too when was the last time that dude was totally fit and played for England?
Mixing up T20 and 50 over now... the point I am making is Engerland are missing their 2019 mascot- Archer, the bloke they specifically poached for that WC.

Lisa: At what stage would NZ start to think about chasing this down quickly so their NRR is high
Atherton: Lisa, we are only 23.3 overs into the WC and you are already talking about NRR. There are Englishmen in the com box, what you are saying is like twisting a knife in our gut
Lol it's start of the WC but net run rate will come into play I think nz should go for it

Mark Wood will learn. Not everyone’s gonna have the skills of Shoaib

At the end of his career. Even then Ross was dropped twice before he scored by Kamran butterfingers
Back then he was the only one who bowled at 150 besides Brett Lee. Nowadays batsmen are used to playing that speed a lot. Even Pathirana is bowling at that speed regularly. This will be a whole different ball game. You have to adapt.

What is going on?

Poor bowling?​
Good batting?​
Due and ball coming better under lights?​
How can a team like Eng getting thrashed like this?

This reminds me of the innings where England thrashed Australia in the WT0 2021.Australia had the last laugh in the end.

First century of this World Cup goes to New Zealand's all format sensation Devon Conway. He is simply outstanding , just all class.

Love Conway’s nonchalance at bringing up 3 figures. No jumping up and down like a monkey

Conway has no real weakness as he can Play both pace and spin bowling very well

Conway is the best all-format batsman. What a wonderful, organised player.

Can't believe he's already 32.

They even miss Bracewell. This little country is the most talented cricketing nation, by some distance.
Easy when you poach south african, English talents. Now some Indian kid too

Back then he was the only one who bowled at 150 besides Brett Lee. Nowadays batsmen are used to playing that speed a lot. Even Pathirana is bowling at that speed regularly. This will be a whole different ball game. You have to adapt.
Of course you’ve got to adapt - it goes without saying. And shoaib and Lee also had great variations too

This was one the best artistic partnership i have ever seen, just pure cricket shots nothing like eng’s pathetic cute batting.

Kiwis missing Milne
Jamieson isn't a starter anyway.

Also no lockie

Rachi Ravindra's father hails from Bengaluru. Ravi Krishnamurthy. He must be proud to see his son playing fantastically in his birth place.

Conway should retired out and give batting practice to other batsmen 🤣

So after this match rachin should open with Conway and bring in Williamson for young

What is going on?

Poor bowling?​
Good batting?​
Due and ball coming better under lights?​
How can a team like Eng getting thrashed like this?
Unfortunately option C is correct.
It has left a bitter taste in my mouth

Ravindra just a hit away from a famous ton

They slowed down little bit for 100s they should end this as soon as possible

Pakistan's battering in warm-up was justified!

What a special team that keeps on evolving

Who is playing England next? :) I might feel sorry for them. THey may come out all guns blazing.

Back