New Zealand (283/1) hammer England (282/9) by 9 wickets to win Match 1 of the ICC World Cup 2023

Which side will win the ICC World Cup 2023 game between England and New Zealand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So likes starc rauf cummins will go for plenty then?

Yes. Ofcourse it depends on the pitch. Wankhede has bounce. Dharamsala has bounce. But on Ahmedabad pitch they will be cannon fodder.Everyone genuine quick i have seen has travelled.

Oh God England are going to come extremely hard now in the next few games

As I said before kane Williamson is the weak link in NZ batting. His absence is a boon to nz. Not to worry - he'll be back and then jeopardize nz chances totally🙂

As i said earlier Eng with this senseless approach of throwing their wickets away won’t work especially with their weak bowling.

I think England bowlers need to bowl more slower deliveries

What is the point of bowling fast here :) I seriously don't understand. I understand he is the fastest bowler in the world. But it doesn't work here. Just move to plan B.

Seems now that Babar was giving Buttler captaincy tips when he was explaining something to Buttler in the captains meeting yesterday.

So NZ beat former CT winners pakistan and former world cup winners England with their 2nd string?

Yh okay 😂.

Their required run rate is under 5. They have to build up dots to induce error. SLow things down. That is what Adil Rashid is for

As I said before kane Williamson is the weak link in NZ batting. His absence is a boon to nz. Not to worry - he'll be back and then jeopardize nz chances totally🙂

Nz doesn't have a braindead management like we do, I guarantee you they'll likely either move ravindra as an opener in place of will young or just not play Williamson at all if ravidra is batting like this at 3.

Williamson isn't selfish

Honestly

I recon pakistan should open with Fakhar and Nawaz

To be fair Conway is a proper Test class batsman who can adapt and score runs with proper shots. Ravindra by all evidence looks like a Test level batsman. Almost all their shots are proper cricketing shots.

Why did we drop Rana Faheem Stokes?

He would bat so good on these tracks

Ravindra now smashing the likes of Wood, Woakes and to a slightly less extent, Curran... suddenly the phainty he gave to our bowlers in the warm up does not look that bad!

Adil Rashid every now and then bowls half trackers like Shadab. These two will be all over him.

He's had lots of chances with the bat and failed which is probably why he was dropped from the WC squad in the first place...however his bowling was superior to the likes of Wasim Jnr so should have been included....

Staggering opening partnership. Haven't seen such an onslaught at a World Cup in a long time. To do this despite WC chasing pressure takes not only skill but courage.

One of the problem for England is both of them are good against spin. THey can't target other players like Mithcell.

Ravindra backing finally pays off for NZ he was crap for last year or so but nz never dropped him.

I disagree, Faheem is a nothing player. Framchise bashing means nothing when shadab and shaheen are tanking.

Ravindra is a bad bowler but he isn't a bat bat. He's not randomly slogging, he's playing proper cricket shots.

Batting first looks like a massive disadvantage.
Win the toss in the final and win the trophy 🏆

Lol we were critisizing pakistani bowlers, what to say about England here?

Batting first looks like a massive disadvantage.
Win the toss in the final and win the trophy 🏆

I won't say that. England's batting was poor today. NZ bowling was very weak today. Yet they posted under 300 with such batting depth.

Back