New Zealand (283/1) hammer England (282/9) by 9 wickets to win Match 1 of the ICC World Cup 2023

Which side will win the ICC World Cup 2023 game between England and New Zealand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like I had said earlier, this is a world cup of win the toss and chase. No score will be defendable in this humidity at night and on these grounds where ball flies through the air.

NZ outplayed England in all departments today.

I knew NZ would win since yesterday but I didn't expect a one sided bash. This is just spitting on the faces of the former champions lol.

Ravindra is better than every single batsman in our team - including Babar
First Curran was better than Shaheen and now Ravindra is better than Babar, Pakistani fans so fickle. All based on 2 overs or batting against poor bowling on phatta wicket.

Buttler made a big mistake of trying to play cute shot instead of reacting to the ball. He could have made a 100.

Engerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrland getting chiiittttttttttared......

Begining of the end of the England era??

If I was New Zealand I would look to go for the kill and get well ahead of the net run rate

Kiwis should not slow down. They can really dent England’s net RR and boost their own.

First Curran was better than Shaheen and now Ravindra is better than Babar, Pakistani fans so fickle. All based on 2 overs or batting against poor bowling on phatta wicket.
Yup, always back consistency over one off performance

Buttler made a big mistake of trying to play cute shot instead of reacting to the ball. He could have made a 100.
They don't regret how they get out. That's the way how they won t20 and odi world cup

This mentality needs to change, why should England bowling performance has anything to do with Pak bowlers?
Lol that is because Pakistan played Kiwis in the warm-up the other day and the wicket got better to bat on later on, just like today. Even Phillips said that the wicket will get better for batting.

Ravindra is not better then babar neither is Curran better then shaheen.

However ravindra is 100x more dangerous then babar if he gets to play on pitches like this.

Babar ain't troubling anyone.

Curran is a chocker. He bowls excellent line and length but starts bowling short and wide and gives hit me balls if other don't perform. He needs hand holding from wood.

Shaheen is > Curran no doubt.

Only stokes can save England WC campaign now dude have a rock mentality

However ravindra is 100x more dangerous then babar if he gets to play on pitches like this.

Curran is a chocker. He bowls excellent line and length but starts bowling short and wide and gives hit me balls if other don't perform. He needs hand holding from wood.

Babar steady eddy. Not an intimidating player. Bit like Amla.

NZ outplayed England in all departments today.

I knew NZ would win since yesterday but I didn't expect a one sided bash. This is just spitting on the faces of the former champions lol.

Yes I agree, NZ bowlers bowled really intelligently by mixing up the pace, they bowled so many slower deliveres, wobble seam balls, knuckle balls ect and it never allowed the Eng batsmen to settle.

Also, Lathams captaincy was sublime, he rotated his bowlers all the time, and his field placements were intelligent. I really liked the strategy he employed to get Bulter out. That was top class thinking, was like watching 3 dimensional chess 👏

Engalnd went on over-drive because they had batting depth and succumbed to innocuous deliveries. NZ with moderate total to chase t hey are merely reacting

If Wood cannot adjust to India pitches , then they solely rely on Curran opening spell and Rashid . Some chinks in England armour showing perhaps.

But their batting is just so damb good.

That is some top class stylish strokes by both. Woods pace was used against Wood.

No wonder Rauf took a phainty in both warm up games these pitches not suited to pure fast bowlers
You need to be accurate and keep back of a length, Hassan Ali to his credit was doing this and hence why he didn’t get smashed as much against Australia. This is where we will miss Naseem shah

No wonder Rauf took a phainty in both warm up games these pitches not suited to pure fast bowlers
So what do you want rauf to do he is a fast bowler he is gonna bowl fast maybe drop him and bring a spinner?

Did anyone see that dancing in the crowd? Cringeworthy

Like I had said earlier, this is a world cup of win the toss and chase. No score will be defendable in this humidity at night and on these grounds where ball flies through the air.
So a similar pattern to the 2021 WT20?

Guys are too quick to write England off. If anything if they lose this they are only going to.come back harder. Makes them more dangerous for the next few games..

First match and England being written off.

That being said, Ravindra is a find for NZ.

Kid has unlimited potential to be an all rounder.

You need to be accurate and keep back of a length, Hassan Ali to his credit was doing this and hence why he didn’t get smashed as much against Australia. This is where we will miss Naseem shah
You need change ups. I have seen many times. An absolute rookie Shashank who hardly had any first class or list A experience whacked Ferguson for 25 runs in one over.

Maybe that's why India never have produced geniune fast bowlers:wahab

You will not always good pitches or a batsman smashing on the other end too, hence Babar is more likely to play a significant inning more times than Ravindra, especially when your team is in trouble. I agree on your Shaheen vs Curran.

First match and England being written off.

That being said, Ravindra is a find for NZ.

Kid has unlimited potential to be an all rounder.

Yes. Just because NZ responds like this doesn't mean all teams will respond the same way. Conway is a class act with great IPL experience.

I have to say this is one of the most artful partnership almost as good as a Kohli/Rohit or Rohit/Gill or GIll/Kohli partnership.

Man Conway is so good and consistent he played 2 maidens from Curran but still look at his strike rate now amazing player

Ball just pings off the bat. England with guys like Bairstow, Buttler, Livingstone posted a mediocre total i have to say.

Very good toss to win here for the Kiwis.

Lol 156 in twenty overs. Sums up why NZ chose to bowl first.
It will get worse with temperatures dropping as the tournament progresses.
Except in South India may be

Should give the ball to Livingstone to see if he can make any difference

Early this year India posted 349 at Hyderabad. NZ was 131/6 at one point. They lost by 12 runs in the end. Bracewell batting at 7 made 140 runs hitting 12 fours 10 sixes.

England batting will always be scary but there bowlers really need to step up after this performance

Back