New Zealand finish Day 1 of 2nd Test on 309/6 following a final session fightback from Pakistan

The ball hit him way above knee roll and Babar promptly takes the review. can someone please put him out of his misery?

Naseem shah is playing his 15th test match and still has no idea about good line and length. They are trying to make him a bowler he isnt. He should be limited to white ball cricket like haris rauf and mohammad wasim.

Another highway? Haven't seen as timid a team as Pakistan. Or is it to allow Babar to score meaningless runs?

Naseem shah is playing his 15th test match and still has no idea about good line and length. They are trying to make him a bowler he isnt. He should be limited to white ball cricket like haris rauf and mohammad wasim.

He lacks the test match intelligence, nous, skills. He doesn't do a build up, He just goes for glory ball. basically his idea is if he keeps bowling straight at stumps batsman will miss at some point. At highest level they won't.

Shaun Tait was a rubbish Test bowler. He also does not have any relevant coaching experience with the red ball.

He had zero credentials for the job other than his nationality. Ramiz had a weird infatuation with Australians & Hayden & Tait scammed him.

Sacking the entire coaching staff should be Sethi’s immediate priority after this series is over.

Lol I agree but where do they go from here? They haven't had success with home grown coaches either. The only thing consistent in Pak cricket is turmoil.

I think babar being captain must be demanding such pitches while poor Ramiz was blamed for it.

Waqar in the commentary box has lamented that the Pakistani pacers have been too predictable with their full, short of a good length stuff but none of the pacers have attempted to bowl 1-2 bouncers in the over to keep the batsmen guessing. Even England was making good use of the short ball on much more benign, dead surfaces than this one and they were very successful with the tactic.

My question what does the bowling coach Shaun Tait do exactly? Our pace attack ie Shaheen, Hassan Ali was much more effective under Waqar Younis, Vernon Philander in 2021 but has become garbage in 2022 under Shaun Tait, his contract should not be extended after this series.

It’s entirely possible Tait is coaching adequately but he doesn’t have a remote control and the bowlers don’t have robotic arms. I’m fairly sure our bowlers are just completely brain dead. You don’t need a coach to tell you to bowl a bouncer now and then in a test match. Every fast bowler at the international level should know this, just like they know what to do when they sit on the potty.

Naseem needs a better captain, in my opinion.

I'd give him a few more tests under a different captain - and couple more overseas tours to places like SA, NZ and England before making a call.

Babar picked 3 pacers and only one regular spinner.
Pitch is flat as usual, this is going to be disastrous.

Poor team selection.

11 came in his debut test match. Look at the runs he is conceding in every game.

lol there is literally no one else taking wickets but sure, let's criticize the only one who is.

Sums up dumb Pakistani fans logic in a nutshell.

Naseem needs a better captain, in my opinion.

I'd give him a few more tests under a different captain - and couple more overseas tours to places like SA, NZ and England before making a call.

Has done nothing to ensure that he deserves a few.more matches. Only pace is nothing.

Cruel to watch our fast bowlers unable to take any wicket on these wickets at home and going over 4 RPO, which shows the level of our FC batters now a days. Pathetic

Mir Hamza has been very dissapointing. Someone who has 400 domestic wickets should have shown his quality by now. The fact he is struggling so badly in international cricket tells you how low standard our domestic cricket is.

Abrar is new and he is not a traditional wrist spinner. His speeds are low too , he needs to have that kumble kind of speeds to be more successful.

Who are the replacements? Who are these amazing players sitting on the bench that are missing out?!?! These are the players we have, they're young and inexperienced. Seniors not picking up the slack either

Man, if you are telling me just one session into a home test and Pakistan fans have to start thinking of a draw because of the kind of start the opposition has got, then things are really bad.

Pak are going no where as a team.

After the whitewash against England and series defeat against Australia, even a draw is like a victory..

Babar Azam is a Softie loser Captain . Pakistan solved only half the problem after removing Ramiz but didn't do the complete job by allowing Babar to continue.

Batsman has to get bored and get out. That is how it looks like so far. No real threat from anyboyd.

Babar relies heavily on magic from the bowlers or the pitch. He unlike Ben Stokes cannot manufacture a field, bowling strategy to help the bowler create pressure resulting in a wicket.

How many times do you see him even talk to the bowlers in depth on the field? Mostly in tough situations, he just stands there lifelessly with a clueless smiling grin expression on his face and this rubs off on everyone in the team.

Wasim Akram was smart enough to force him out from Karachi Kings and have Imad Wasim reinstated but the PCB under Ramiz in comparison made this guy all powerful in Pakistan Cricket.

In the previous test, Abrars performance was 5/200 where as Ish Sodhi was 6/86. But yes, there are no problems with Abrars bowling at all which are not hurting Pakistan.

Going to be tough to pick 20 wickets with 1 spinner.

Pitch probably misled Babar, going with 3 seamers seems like a bad move.

3 seamers + 1 spinner for all the toil on a flat wicket.

I don't get why Pakistan just doesn't make rank turners.

They have a good chance of beating us on those.

It seems that the pitch is flatter than the last one , it has more runs in it and absolutely no spin at the moment. We may see even shan masood scoring a ton here. New zealand to score 650 and declare 10 overs before tea tomorrow.:shappy

Think he's picked because he's young and marketable. Seen a lot of Pakistani girls love him and he's on a featured a lot on Pakistani promotional ads.

In terms of actual performances, I don't really see it. Doesn't seem like he's an international level bowler currently.

Last edited:
In Tests, Babar is yet to prove that he's world class.

Been hyped to blue moon and has been compared to the best.

In T20s he's another Kane - that's not a compliment.

Only really ODIs where you can see he is one of the best in the world.

On a serious note, Is it genuinely impossible to get a green top or a turner in Pakistan? Or are the curators that bad?

Think he's picked because he's young and marketable. Seen a lot of Pakistani girls love him and he's on a lot of PCB marketing material.

In terms of actual performances, I don't really see it. Doesn't seem like he's an international level bowler currently.

Yes , so much hype built around him and he has absolutely no tools to be succesful at this level at yhe moment. He may be able to bowl a few jaffas but test cricket is more about bowling to your field to create pressure and also help the bowler at the other end to use that pressure.

Conway is a better batsmen than Babar and doesn't get anywhere as much hype.

Pakistan has never produced rank turners. If you look at our history, it is usually the pacers that have won us test matches at home with the spinners partnering up and chipping in.

On a serious note, Is it genuinely impossible to get a green top or a turner in Pakistan? Or are the curators that bad?

You have to give a season to create such pitches ,cant happen in a few days. We have shiny surfaces here , not much grip for the spinner in first few days.

Think he's picked because he's young and marketable. Seen a lot of Pakistani girls love him and he's on a featured a lot on Pakistani promotional ads.

So basically the next Shahid Afridi. Hope he has a 2 decade career like Lala did

Going to be tough to pick 20 wickets with 1 spinner.

Pitch probably misled Babar, going with 3 seamers seems like a bad move.

3 seamers + 1 spinner for all the toil on a flat wicket.

The problem is that the all rounder so called Salman Agha is a net bowler. Pakistan is scared of weakening its batting line up any further.

he could be better than williamson as well. :babar

babar stands out because of his consistency
Conway is better than Williamson, I said it like a month after Conway's debut lol.

More consistent, higher floor and more expansive.

Indian curators can create rank turners or a different pitch , it all depends upon how they want it. Pakistani pitches are calling for a changes for decades , rank turners or even seaming pitches all are possible.

he could be better than williamson as well. :babar

babar stands out because of his consistency
Conway is better than Williamson, I said it like a month after Conway's debut lol. He had been making a name for himself in the domestic scene and piling on the runs, he entered the international stage and continued with ease. He has worked out his game and how to score runs regularly.

More consistent, higher floor and more expansive.

No one will agree with me but i think that zahid mehmood could have been a good choice against kiwis.

Tests
Conway > Williamson > Babar

ODIs (for now - expect Conway to get better)
Babar > Conway > Williamson

T20s
Conway > Babar > Williamson

SC batsmen being good at playing spin is a thing of past. Current gen is really bad. So no obvious advantage.

Why NZ don't try Glenn Philips in Test Matches here ? He could have smashed a run a ball century here, plays spin well.

This marketable and brand trend is started by Ramiz whose only achievement in life is a good cricket commentary. He is too obsessed with Indian cricket brand and their player's value. Thats why he bring this trend here which is obsolete.
The players like moh wasim jnr, naseem and even shaheen has become overnight superstars among general public (among girls importantly) despite showing ill performances in big matches. Even shaheen has been with pakistan team for so long but hasnt given any significant performance in any big match but he is a star in Pakistan

This marketable and brand trend is started by Ramiz whose only achievement in life is a good cricket commentary. He is too obsessed with Indian cricket brand and their player's value. Thats why he bring this trend here which is obsolete.
The players like moh wasim jnr, naseem and even shaheen has become overnight superstars among general public (among girls importantly) despite showing ill performances in big matches. Even shaheen has been with pakistan team for so long but hasnt given any significant performance in any big match but he is a star in Pakistan
Shaeen is a highly reputable world class bowler who is feared (as a dangerous bowler) in the international cricket community.

The rest have done nothing at this level to have hold any standing.

SC batsmen being good at playing spin is a thing of past. Current gen is really bad. So no obvious advantage.
Well they haven't had much luck on these highways.

Better chance of a result on a rank turner. Basically 50-50 or 60-40 to Pakistan as they have better spinners.

I hope Mitchell gets going. He's fun to watch when in full flow.

Tests
Conway > Williamson > Babar

ODIs (for now - expect Conway to get better)
Babar > Conway > Williamson

T20s
Conway > Babar > Williamson

Conway is still new at this level , all we can say is that he has had a perfect start. Williamson has done it for years and everywhere. Lets not jump the gun.
Babar is a very good odi player , one of the best in business but outside home he has not done much. Outside asia he has been rathar mediocre like williamson has been in england and india but williamson has been excellent everywhere else.

Conway can only be judges when he has played enough.

Well they haven't had much luck on these highways.

Better chance of a result on a rank turner. Basically 50-50 or 60-40 to Pakistan as they have better spinners.

1) Pakistan does not have better spinners.

2) When your primary objective is to "not lose ", result oriented pitches are not the solution. 5 day loss looks better than 3 day loss.

What happened to the grass that was supposed to be on pitch? Did GOAT Baba eat it all.. & what is calamity Safraz doing in the team

Pak are only lions against Bangladesh & Lanka ain’t got a clue against the big boys !!

What happened to the grass that was supposed to be on pitch? Did GOAT Baba eat it all.. & what is calamity Safraz doing in the team

Pak are only lions against Bangladesh & Lanka ain’t got a clue against the big boys !!

Lions against Lanka? Pakistan couldn't win the series in Lanka could they? Lions against BD and Zimbabwe more like :p

He might have had a different career with an experienced quick down at mid on giving the odd bit of advice.

Shaeen is a highly reputable world class bowler who is feared (as a dangerous bowler) in the international cricket community.

Shaheen has already toured England Australia and South Africa for a Test series and his performances there have been quite ordinary. His only 10 wicket haul was in the first Test of the West Indies tour which we narrowly lost on a green seaming pitch where both teams were unable to score 200 in any innings and even the West Indians bowlers were bowling unplayable jaffas.

He was turned into an overnight sensation/brand in that WT20 opener against India where he bowled Rohit and Rahul.

All in all he is a good bowler with potential but not someone who is feared in international cricket.

Last edited:

ok taking 1 wicket in first over of some matches does not count as worldclass. Be reminded that we lost 2021 semifinal because of his rash bowling

Last edited:
Shaheen has already toured England Australia and South Africa for a Test series and his performances there have been quite ordinary. His only 10 wicket haul was in the first Test of the West Indies tour which we narrowly lost on a green seaming pitch where both teams were unable to score 200 in any innings and even the West Indians bowlers were bowling unplayable jaffas.

He was turned into an overnight sensation/brand in that WT20 opener against India where he bowled Rohit and Rahul.

All in all he is a good bowler with potential but not someone who is feared in international cricket.

And he is really ordinary bowler in Tests. Only in T20 you can call him decent bowler

convay giving phainta to pakistan bowlers. If no wickets falls in this session, thn NZ will be in strong position. Finally latham gone

That is it. Right there! I think you are on to something.

Abrars inability to bowl both his leg spin, googly at 58-60 km/hr is making it easy for the NZ batsmen who know his predictable pace is 46-51 km/hr.

uff yeh Williamson tou ab sahi zaleel karay ga

Should Abar be given a break, or is Babar hearing voices in his head telling him to stick with Abrar?

Abrar is clearly struggling , why keeping him on and allowing nz easy runs. Bowl the three seamers you have played. How thick could you be.

Abrar is a club level bowler now. Real mystery is why hasn't the team management realised he's been found out?

lol there is literally no one else taking wickets but sure, let's criticize the only one who is.

Sums up dumb Pakistani fans logic in a nutshell.
Exactly the bowler who has bowled best is being croticised . Sometimes you wonder are tyese fans actually watching the match,.

Pakistans formula. Bowl abrar for 50 overs , he wi get 4 5 wickets and rest will bowl around him. The opposition will score 600 in the meantime.

Abrar: Oh Babar bhai jaan aik break ka sawal hai. Allah ke naam pe aik break day do.

Another question I have is Babar actually watching the match, Abrar is being mauled and he continues to bowl him.

Back