New Zealand v Sri Lanka | ICC Champions Trophy | 09/06/13 | Sri Lanka Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHONI183

A departed friend who will live in our memories fo
Runs
Post of the Week
Well right, these are the only two teams that are yet to play a match in the tournament.

I hereby predict Tillakaratne Dilshan to be the Man of the Match:).

Please discuss all the action here......

Last edited:
I just fancy New Zealand to sneak a victory today.

Oh yeah. Sri Lanka to win easily. Far too much class for this average NZ side.

I've heard that Daniel Vettori has asked the umpires if he can field with a walking stick. Can you confirm Kiwi?

I've heard that Daniel Vettori has asked the umpires if he can field with a walking stick. Can you confirm Kiwi?
The ICC let England field 3 Saffas and 1 Irishmen, so a walking stick should be fine :p

Come on New Zealand, cream those Lankans in under 40 overs.

Well so far every ground has been sold out by fans of every team.

Today I see a tiny crowd. Why have the 500,000+ Sri Lankans living in the UK not come out?

Well so far every ground has been sold out by fans of every team.

Today I see a tiny crowd. Why have the 500,000+ Sri Lankans living in the UK not come out?

surely all of those 500,000 don't live in Cardiff?

surely all of those 500,000 don't live in Cardiff?

Well there are 1,200,000 British-Pakistanis living in the UK and they managed to pack the ground. And they all didn't live in the city the game was in.

There should be more Sri Lankans in the ground!!

Srilanka will thrash the Kiwis, so many bowlers and expecting too much from Rochi, he'll score a duck :facepalm: a big loss coming up. Srilanka will get a comfortable victory

tail starts from Franklin, kiwis are gone and dusted man, srilankan spinners will choke and kill them :AAG

Come on Kiwis!!

Surprised Kula got dropped.

Well right, these are the only two teams that are yet to play a match in the tournament.

Hmm is it because Dilshan is your Fantasy Team Captain?

Interesting from Cricinfo commentary :-

gav: "Djokovic can't win major tournaments? Do you follow tennis? S.A would have to be Tsonga. IND - Djokovic, ENG - Nadal, AUS - Federer (agreed) NZ - Ferrer, SL - Murray, PAK - Del Potro (won something years ago but no one remembers), WI - maybe Berdych."

your MoM is gone...

Interesting from Cricinfo commentary :-

I wish Ferrer can win against Nadal in French Open final which seems impossible so this poor guy Ferrer will always remain in shadows of Nadal he is the most hard working Tennis player i have ever seen gives his 100% without any doubt but unfortunately he is from same country where Nadal was born so he will always go down when his achievements will be compared with Nadal.

Djockvic and India are a good comparison. Both have had a few good years and whine and complain like babies, they also don't show much fight when they're up against it. :))

Last edited:
Djockvic and India are a good comparison. Both have had a few good years and whine and complain like babies, they also don't show much fight when they're up against it. :))

I am glad they didn't compared India with Sharapova or Serena

Old man with the walking stick strikes!!! :vettori you beauty :D

Last edited:
Lanka collapsed whats wrong these days every team is following Pakistan famous history of batting collapses.

Martín del Potro can't be compared with Pakistan but you can compare him with Irfan you know...

If we get these 2 quickly, I think we should roll the rest.

Just checked the score. NZ are clearly benefiting from recently playing against the world's strongest team. It's forced them to go up a level.

Just checked the score. NZ are clearly benefiting from recently playing against the world's strongest team. It's forced them to go up a level.
Nah, I think you did you've finally won a couple of games. Good for you! :19:

World strongest team who asked ICC to remove this 50 over format it's getting bored after the arrival of T20? Just because they were ranked 5th in ODI's at that time and ranked 1st in both T20 & Tests

Somewhere read Dinesh Chandimal rejected IPL offers to work on his weakness. At least expecting 50 from him......... oh wait....

don't read above comments, my cricinfo is updating slowly.

Somewhere read Dinesh Chandimal rejected IPL offers to work on his weakness. At least expecting 50 from him......... oh wait....

don't read above comments, my cricinfo is updating slowly.
It ain't a party without IPL man :))

lol Not much crowd for this match even on a Sunday. In other matches, you at least had lots of neutrals watching. Glad the French Open final is on today.

What a ball, KIWI this bowler looks very promising for NZ.

McClenaghan again on Fire saw him in ODI against Eng he looks good but only problem for him is bowling in death overs...

Re: New Zealand v Sri Lanka | ICC Champions Trophy | 09/06/13 | First Innings

Nicknamed Mitch M&M

I don't know why people were under-estimating NZ. They are the form side atm - beat both Eng and SA away.

Manjreker praising Pakistan team bowling against Windies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back