Off-field discussion points from the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar

How should FIFA World Cup 2022 participants react to human rights issues in Qatar?

• Total voters
I dont understand why Pakistanis are defending Qatar as if its a muslim vs anti muslim thing.

Issue is, middle eastern countries discriminate. They might pay well but they keep workers from Pakistan and India like dogs. Fine, you dont want to give nationality and only bring people just for work and send them back thats your rule. But the way the labourers are treated.

This thing was gonna be bought when this world cup was gonna take place. Arab countries have gotten away with this for years and offcourse this was gonna get highlighted here.

As for lgbt groups, they caused only more problems. The focus should had been on the human rights of labourer group not lgbqt.

Because when you bring in lgbqt, the focus gets removed from the bigger picture and than the other side will use that under the culture banner that respect it and the whole violation of labourers rights go under the rugg.

Lgbqt issues will exist in such countries, and by going full force you dont make things better but make them worse.

It is the same for all of the UAE countries. Vast amounts of empty land, and the local population is usually outnumbered by immigrants. These are mostly fake nations which arose due to the British carving up the area and appointing a few sheikhs with whom they could strike favourable deals. It would have been better if Arabs from other nations were allowed to settle there, Palestinians for example. But once you have all that wealth must be difficult to stomach sharing it.

I full agree with you here. The tourism isnt natural in arab countries, they had to buy it. Its not even culturally.

Saudi Arabia had tourist sites related to prophets time but than again, the wahabi sect has tried to remove those because of their own issues regarding doing ziarat.

Pakistan atleast has its own natural beauties and historical landmarks.

FIFA World Cup: England Face Twitter Backlash After Ditching "One Love" Armband

The England football team has been on the receiving end of flak from supporters on social media after it decided against wearing the "one love" armband to support the LGBTQ community. England were not the only team to make a u-turn as other European nations like Wales, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland decided to abandon plans to wear a rainbow-themed armband in support of LGBTQ rights, citing the threat of disciplinary action from FIFA.

"FIFA has been very clear that it will impose sporting sanctions if our captains wear the armbands on the field of play," they said in a joint statement. Under FIFA rules, players wearing kit that is not authorised by football's world governing body could be shown a yellow card.

If that player was then shown a second yellow card, they would be sent off.

The "OneLove" armband due to be worn by the likes of England captain Harry Kane and Germany counterpart Manuel Neuer is designed as part of a campaign to promote inclusivity.

The armbands had widely been viewed as a protest against laws in the host nation Qatar, where homosexuality is illegal.

"As national federations, we can't put our players in a position where they could face sporting sanctions including bookings, so we have asked the captains not to attempt to wear the armbands in FIFA World Cup games," the federations of England, Wales, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland said.

NDTV

I dont understand why Pakistanis are defending Qatar as if its a muslim vs anti muslim thing.

Issue is, middle eastern countries discriminate. They might pay well but they keep workers from Pakistan and India like dogs. Fine, you dont want to give nationality and only bring people just for work and send them back thats your rule. But the way the labourers are treated.

This thing was gonna be bought when this world cup was gonna take place. Arab countries have gotten away with this for years and offcourse this was gonna get highlighted here.

As for lgbt groups, they caused only more problems. The focus should had been on the human rights of labourer group not lgbqt.

Because when you bring in lgbqt, the focus gets removed from the bigger picture and than the other side will use that under the culture banner that respect it and the whole violation of labourers rights go under the rugg.

Lgbqt issues will exist in such countries, and by going full force you dont make things better but make them worse.

Completely agree with this. Pakistanis or individuals of Pakistani descent defending Qatar need to realise that we are considered second class citizens in Qatar, regardless of whether your first language is European or you carry a European passport.

I've heard of numerous experiences British nationals have had with law enforcement in Qatar, where despite speaking English and carrying a British passport they've been asked to clarify their ethnicity and treated like absolute rubbish.

Leading Welsh football figures and organisations have reacted with dismay, anger and disappointment over Fifa's OneLove armband stance at the World Cup in Qatar.

Fifa threatened bookings for any players who wear the armbands.

Wales' Gareth Bale was among a group of European national captains who had planned to wear the armband to promote diversity and inclusion.

"We're frustrated. We're disappointed," said the Football Association of Wales.

"But we remain with the belief that football is for everyone and stand with our LGBTQ+ members of the Welsh football family.

"Mae pêl-droed i bawb [football is for everyone]."

In the build up to Wales' first appearance at the global showpiece since 1958, Wales manager Robert Page had insisted Bale would wear a OneLove armband in Qatar.

"It's vital that's the message we want to portray, that's what we believe in, that's what we stand up for we won't change our beliefs," said Page at the time.

Brilliant press conference by the FIFA president, he made a mockery of the criticism. Must watch the full interview if you havent.

He mentioned many NGO's , rights groups have stated the workers in Qatar have similar conditions to many in Europe but thats ok for westerners. West can abuse, bomb, murder, economic terrorism but nobody else can. lol

Watching the BBC coverage of first match was the biggest disgrace ever on a sporting show. They didnt even show the opening ceremony but instead sat there crying like little girls over Qatar hosting. There were two black pundits inc Alex Scott. This woman wasnt even a good player and is only on the show because she is a black woman. She stated she is only at the tournament because she loves her job, yet her surname is Scott, who was the slavemaster to her great grandparents. Confused idiot and Im being nice.

I am now watching all games on South African channels.

Brilliant press conference by the FIFA president, he made a mockery of the criticism. Must watch the full interview if you havent.

He mentioned many NGO's , rights groups have stated the workers in Qatar have similar conditions to many in Europe but thats ok for westerners. West can abuse, bomb, murder, economic terrorism but nobody else can. lol

Watching the BBC coverage of first match was the biggest disgrace ever on a sporting show. They didnt even show the opening ceremony but instead sat there crying like little girls over Qatar hosting. There were two black pundits inc Alex Scott. This woman wasnt even a good player and is only on the show because she is a black woman. She stated she is only at the tournament because she loves her job, yet her surname is Scott, who was the slavemaster to her great grandparents. Confused idiot and Im being nice.

I am now watching all games on South African channels.

Yes unfortunately BBC has gone insane. Hopefully ITV will do better.

This.

1) Its not just Pakistanis, plenty of Bangladeshis, Indian Muslims, even Nigerian Muslims (as well as UK ad US based Desi Muslims) are defending Qatar and Arab nations as if it is an Islamic thing. They themselves will be treated terribly in the Gulf and yet they are using expletives against the West (most of them will have half their families in the west)

2) I actually support Qatar on the lgbt thing but not on the human rights issues

Yes unfortunately BBC has gone insane. Hopefully ITV will do better.

ITV usually is because remember BBC are nothing but a propaganda outfit for the government.

We are told we live in a democracy but even if dont watch BBC, we are forced to pay for it! I cancelled my licence now, will not be supporting this hate.

Very disappointed in Gary Linker tbh, he is one of the most sensible people and unites everyone but I assume he was told he has no choice but to sit there crying when we want to enjoy a carnival of football!

This.

1) Its not just Pakistanis, plenty of Bangladeshis, Indian Muslims, even Nigerian Muslims (as well as UK ad US based Desi Muslims) are defending Qatar and Arab nations as if it is an Islamic thing. They themselves will be treated terribly in the Gulf and yet they are using expletives against the West (most of them will have half their families in the west)

2) I actually support Qatar on the lgbt thing but not on the human rights issues

1. Ive been to all the Arab nations on many occasions inc Oman & Saudi. I have never been treated in any disprectful way, on the contrary all Arabs have been very kind. Once my Range Rover was stuck in the dessert, not far from the road. Many Arabs came to help and one nearly burnt his clutch but got me out.

2.Qatar human rights are far better than the human rights of Europe because as the FIFA president mentioned, hundreds die every year because of the policies of the Europeans. Do you know there are thousands of women from abroad as sex slaves in the UK working in fear? Lets not even mention the destruction of Iraq or other nations. Qatar doesnt go around bombing others and blowing up kids into pieces.

1. Ive been to all the Arab nations on many occasions inc Oman & Saudi. I have never been treated in any disprectful way, on the contrary all Arabs have been very kind. Once my Range Rover was stuck in the dessert, not far from the road. Many Arabs came to help and one nearly burnt his clutch but got me out.

2.Qatar human rights are far better than the human rights of Europe because as the FIFA president mentioned, hundreds die every year because of the policies of the Europeans. Do you know there are thousands of women from abroad as sex slaves in the UK working in fear? Lets not even mention the destruction of Iraq or other nations. Qatar doesnt go around bombing others and blowing up kids into pieces.

I can relate to your experience as I live in Dubai, never faced any kind of discrimination.

Harry Kane said he was disappointed after the threat of sporting sanctions from Fifa stopped the striker from wearing the “OneLove” rainbow armband during England’s 6-2 win against Iran.

Fears that captains could receive an instant booking for wearing the armband prompted the move, and LGBTQ+ groups reacted with fury at authorities preventing teams from promoting diversity during an increasingly farcical World Cup.

Seven European nations scrapped plans to continue with the “OneLove” campaign after hours of uncertainty and Kane was instead ordered to wear Fifa’s “anti-discrimination” armband when Gareth Southgate’s side opened their campaign in Qatar by thrashing Iran.

“We’re disappointed,” Kane said. “I said yesterday we wanted to wear it. That decision was taken out of my hands today. I turned up to the stadium with the armband that I wore and I was told I had to wear that [the official Fifa one]. It’s out of our control as players. I’m sure the FA and Fifa will continue those discussions but most importantly today we focused on the game and got a great result.”

Kane said England, who took the knee before facing Iran, will continue to do their best to speak out against injustice. “You’ve seen over the last five years we’ve made a stand as a squad and we’ll continue to do that as much as we can,” he said. “We took the knee today as well but sometimes these decisions aren’t up to us and that’s the bottom line.”

Southgate refused to condemn Fifa’s behaviour and said teams should be allowed to focus on their performances. “The armband, it’s not something myself or the players have been involved in over the last 24 hours,” England’s head coach said. “These discussions have been ongoing between several European nations and Fifa.

“I actually do understand Fifa’s situation, in that you can set a precedent and then it’s very difficult where you draw the line. So I think in an ideal world that would have been a much clearer situation earlier but it’s not something that’s been a distraction.

“We said yesterday we need to focus on the football. People know this group of players are taking the knee because it’s something we feel we can make a difference with. There are some things I’m not sure we are going to be able to make a difference with and therefore we should channel our energies in the right direction.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-fifa-banned-onelove-armband?CMP=share_btn_tw

The BBC pundit Alex Scott wore a rainbow armband as she presented coverage of England’s first match of the Qatar World Cup, in an apparent gesture of solidarity with LGBTQ+ people in a country where same-sex relationships are illegal.

1104.jpg

Her decision to wear the OneLove armband – which officially represents a stand against all forms of discrimination – came hours after the England and Wales teams decided not to wear the same armbands after being informed that players could receive yellow cards for breaching Fifa rules on clothing.

Scott’s decision to wear the armband was the latest element of the BBC’s World Cup coverage to be openly critical of the host nation. It follows the corporation’s decision not to air Sunday’s opening ceremony – an elaborate performance featuring Morgan Freeman and the K-pop singer Jungkook – on its main broadcast channel. Millions of BBC One viewers instead saw an extended series of discussions and films criticising Qatar’s human rights record and treatment of migrant workers.

I can relate to your experience as I live in Dubai, never faced any kind of discrimination.

Arabs are not all like some rulers or some of the mega wealthy but all the mega wealthy in any nation can be arrogant.

The problem with Brits and Yanks even more is many havent travelled outside of Blackpool, they get their info from the likes of the BBC.

Btw not sure if you're a footy fan but Liverpool, Milan, Arsenal and Lyon are playing in a tournament in Dubai. i would love to go but cant.

Things Qatar did for World Cup 2022 that Muslims can appreciate :

1. Alcohol will not be sold at the World Cup's eight stadiums in Qatar. Two days before the tournament started “FIFA announced alcohol will be banned in stadiums at the Qatar world cup.

2. Hotels in Qatar, during the World Cup 2022, will feature barcodes where fans can learn about Islam free from stereotypes.

3. Qatar Guest Center has prepared a team of 2,000 people to call for Islam, where it will allocate 10 mobile cars and 10 specialized tents.

4. Availability of prayer areas and places for ablution in stadiums for the first time in the history of the World Cup.

5. Islamic exhibitions being done by the Ministry of Awqaf in different languages for visitors from across the globe.

The BBC pundit Alex Scott wore a rainbow armband as she presented coverage of England’s first match of the Qatar World Cup, in an apparent gesture of solidarity with LGBTQ+ people in a country where same-sex relationships are illegal.

1104.jpg

Her decision to wear the OneLove armband – which officially represents a stand against all forms of discrimination – came hours after the England and Wales teams decided not to wear the same armbands after being informed that players could receive yellow cards for breaching Fifa rules on clothing.

Scott’s decision to wear the armband was the latest element of the BBC’s World Cup coverage to be openly critical of the host nation. It follows the corporation’s decision not to air Sunday’s opening ceremony – an elaborate performance featuring Morgan Freeman and the K-pop singer Jungkook – on its main broadcast channel. Millions of BBC One viewers instead saw an extended series of discussions and films criticising Qatar’s human rights record and treatment of migrant workers.

If she feels so strong about her opinions, then what is she doing in Qatar? She should leave on the next flight!

Enough of this virtue signalling!

1104.jpg

Woman is a complete joke. Average player who is only there because she is a black woman in this woke times. Her knowledge of the game is poor also.

But she will happily party, eat in nice restaurants and earn a lot of money but thats ok I guess?

Her last name is Scott, she should change it if she cares for rights and against slavery as this is her great grandparents slave name. But thats ok.

1104.jpg

She should be asked to leave Qatar. Causing drama for no reason.

This.

Thats the hypocrisy of these people. Live in west b
Enjoy its freedom and nationality while criticizing west and praising arab countries that will mistreat you.

She should be asked to leave Qatar. Causing drama for no reason.

Its ok, Qatar can tolerate this much. FIFA did their bit to stop the captains from wearing the captains from wearing this stupid armband. Thats all that matters imo.

Enjoy its freedom and nationality while criticizing west and praising arab countries that will mistreat you.

Citizens in UK all speak out about issues, its normal here. We are not slaves. You dont live here so have no idea. Millions spoke out against the IRaq war but werent hung.

Living here doesn't mean we have to agree with everything. It is not BJP's India.

Also, it is not like we are living here for free. We are paying taxes here.

Furthermore, Arabs do not mistreat everybody. If they are so bad, why do people go to gulf states for works?

1104.jpg

Why is this woman doing punditry on men's football? Woman Super League is currently happening in England. Why is she not in England supporting women's football as a former women's player?

Alex Scott is only there because she is a non-white woman. She isn't there on merit. She is just a box tick.

I seriously can't stand idiots like Alex Scott. If you feel so strongly about Qatar's LGBTQ laws, then don't visit the country. Do these idiots think that by wearing their stupid 'one love' armband, Qatar will change their laws? Lol Qatari authorities must be laughing at Linekar, Scott and co who are crying about their laws.

Furthermore, Arabs do not mistreat everybody. If they are so bad, why do people go to gulf states for works?

People from Bangladesh go to Arab countries because they dnt have jobs back home. They tolerate mistreatment so that they can send some money to their families
Its a trade they make for the sake of their families, they dont go to the Gulf because of good treatment

There are housemaids in Saudi who get trapped in homes but as their husbands left them and they have kids to feed they tolerate mistreatment.
I have spent close to 4 decades in the Gulf and know hundreds of fellow Deshis, and while everyone isnt treated bad, a large % do.

People from Bangladesh go to Arab countries because they dnt have jobs back home. They tolerate mistreatment so that they can send some money to their families
Its a trade they make for the sake of their families, they dont go to the Gulf because of good treatment

There are housemaids in Saudi who get trapped in homes but as their husbands left them and they have kids to feed they tolerate mistreatment.
I have spent close to 4 decades in the Gulf and know hundreds of fellow Deshis, and while everyone isnt treated bad, a large % do.

I have interacted with Bangladeshis who were living in gulf states. Most didn't say anything bad.

I think it is misleading and wrong to label entire gulf region as discriminatory. There are good and bad in every country.

Last edited:
I have interacted with Bangladeshis who were living in gulf states. Most didn't say anything bad.

I think it is misleading and wrong to label entire gulf region as discriminatory. There are good and bad in every country.

I agree with your bold bit
As for interacting with some of them, I myself was born there and have lived there for decades, so have interacted with far many than you have

You have to understand that a lot of people who suffered will never admit it to others as a matter of self pride
This is true in a lot of cultures including the Bengali one. They think that by admitting they suffered in the country they migrated to, they will "lose face", so unlikely for them to admit to anything to others except those maybe in the same boat as them.

For most Bangali blue collars, the Gulf is a very simple trade; accept bad conditions in return for cash.

I myself had a great time working for a prestigious govt place (I was the last Bangladeshi there, it was a SWF whose CFO decades back was a Bengali Brit), so had it nice, but i am humble enought to recognize countless of my countrymen who tolerated everything for cash for family

Alex really thought she did something here :))

Took a load of money and then does a bit of virtue signalling on a broadcast that will only be seen by a domestic audience. Will probably write a book about it describing it as a Rosa Parks moment while the Qataris remain oblivious to her "protest".

What is more hilarious is that she is happy to go Dubai and frolic on beaches for holidays :))

Shearer's hypocrisy has also been laid bare.

The only one that can still hold his head up high is Linekar. Sure, I don't agree with his comments on Qatar BUT he has always remained consistent in his thinking and isn't just jumping on the bandwagon.

Also - when push came to shove England & Wales came to the conclusion that gay rights was less important than Harry Kane/ Bale getting yellow cards.

What a topi drama for no reason

Living here doesn't mean we have to agree with everything. It is not BJP's India.

Also, it is not like we are living here for free. We are paying taxes here.

It is a nightmare working for Arabs in blue collar jobs and working alongside them in white collar jobs.

They are for the most part a cruel nation when it comes to treatment of workers, particularly domestic workers.

People go to their countries to work for money.

But if you are a white collar worker in certain industries you probably won't have much interaction with natives and can live a trouble free life.

As muslims it is our duty to stand with the oppressed workers and demand that they are treated fairly.

It seems to be quite common in womans sport in general.

Many of the cricket team are homosexual too, perhaps we will see reactions to ICC tournaments in Dubai in the future?

Good point, yes there is a big tournament coming soon for women in Dubai.

But I doubt it because the money is probably 10x higher than they paid in England. Also Dubai has no real political issues with the west atm. The real reason why Qatar is being targetted is because of its refusal to sell LNG to the west after the Russian liberation of Ukraine.

It is a nightmare working for Arabs in blue collar jobs and working alongside them in white collar jobs.

They are for the most part a cruel nation when it comes to treatment of workers, particularly domestic workers.

People go to their countries to work for money.

But if you are a white collar worker in certain industries you probably won't have much interaction with natives and can live a trouble free life.

As muslims it is our duty to stand with the oppressed workers and demand that they are treated fairly.

I never said Qataris and gulf states were perfect. There seems to be issues related to treating workers; I don't deny that. I hope Qatar and other gulf states will address and rectify it.

Other than workers issue, I think Qatar has a robust system. I am a big fan of their criminal justice system. Very low crimes.

The BBC coverage for the opening match was a disgrace. I need to watch the World Cup coverage on another channel, I have IPTV, which country of channels should I look at. America? South Africa?

These BBC panel are so so bitter. Disgrace.

The BBC coverage for the opening match was a disgrace. I need to watch the World Cup coverage on another channel, I have IPTV, which country of channels should I look at. America? South Africa?

These BBC panel are so so bitter. Disgrace.

Im watching on South African Supersport.

I even watch many Premier League matches on there, better commentary , no daft jokes, just pure football.

https://supersport.com/football/foo...-2022-watch-all-64-matches-live-on-supersport

Im watching on South African Supersport.

I even watch many Premier League matches on there, better commentary , no daft jokes, just pure football.

https://supersport.com/football/foo...-2022-watch-all-64-matches-live-on-supersport

Thanks bro. Good to see you active on here.

You know it’s really annoyed me how BBC panel approached this, it’s ruined the vibe. And I won’t let them carry that on for me, so switching to another channel. This World Cup will be the safest World Cup, massive investments made with great facilities. The opening ceremony was incredible.

I full agree with you here. The tourism isnt natural in arab countries, they had to buy it. Its not even culturally.

Saudi Arabia had tourist sites related to prophets time but than again, the wahabi sect has tried to remove those because of their own issues regarding doing ziarat.

Pakistan atleast has its own natural beauties and historical landmarks.

Bit unfair, its not their fault that its all desert there and they also have a very small population and not much of history. We live in a world of different landscapes, just because mountains and trees look pretty doesn't mean world would stop evolving in other landscapes. Similar analogy could be used for Sindh and Baluchistan, dry dusty regions with nothing much to see landscape wise.

Thanks bro. Good to see you active on here.

You know it’s really annoyed me how BBC panel approached this, it’s ruined the vibe. And I won’t let them carry that on for me, so switching to another channel. This World Cup will be the safest World Cup, massive investments made with great facilities. The opening ceremony was incredible.

You too bro!

There was a gentleman who made a complaint to the BBC. He was with his grandparents, all sat down to watch the opening ceremony has they wanted to see the show but wasn't shown live. They didn't have a computer at home to watch on iPlayer so missed out. This hate annoying their own citizens but it doesnt matter because BBC is a government propaganda channel.

Id would urge all if they can to cancel their licence fee.

Set an example, give her a boot back to UK. These hypocrites need to be taught a lesson

I think there are laws which can be used to deport her and others but I dont think Qatar wants more moaning and crying atm. I have a feeling after this she will be banned from Qatar and perhaps Dubai too.

'Every football player would want to attend the World Cup… but it remains merely a wish as long as we are in Gaza'

- Muhammed Salman, Gazan footballer

Palestinian footballer from Gaza cannot travel to Qatar to watch the World Cup like others in Gaza because of Israeli blockade, aka Israeli state terrorism....But thats ok for the west.

"Let the kids play the game. Because this is what they're looking for. They wanted to represent the country, to represent the people, as any other national team that are here. And all the national teams, there are issues at home."

The protests have gripped Iran since the death two months ago of young women, Mahsa Amini, after her arrest for flouting the country's strict Islamic dress code.

Ahead of the match, no Iranian player had voiced support for the demonstrations, though the team's captain Ehsan Hajsafi, on Sunday cautiously broke their World Cup silence on the protests and said his team supported and sympathised with their people.

But in a show of solidarity on Monday, the team declined to sing the national anthem before the match and celebrations of their two goals were muted, following similar moves by other Iranian sportsmen and women.

The Portuguese Querioz, who led Iran to the 2018 World Cup, said he was proud of his players for the political pressure they had to deal with and urged England and upcoming Group B opponents Wales and the United States to rally behind them.

"I hope...they are praising our players for the courage to be trying to play the game," he said.

"Because it's not right to come to this World Cup and ask them to do things that's not their responsibility, it's not their mission.

"They're here to for the people to honour the people, to bring pride, to bring joy to bring happiness to the people. That's the reason why they're here."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foo...sedgntp&cvid=774aaf52b02243e1a246e9483f897815

Last edited:
Bit unfair, its not their fault that its all desert there and they also have a very small population and not much of history. We live in a world of different landscapes, just because mountains and trees look pretty doesn't mean world would stop evolving in other landscapes. Similar analogy could be used for Sindh and Baluchistan, dry dusty regions with nothing much to see landscape wise.

sindh and baluchistan has historical sights.

Arab country is all made from money. Sure if someone wants to go their for tourism they can, but I would prefer to see some historical sites so I would avoid arab countries

PNS TABUK ARRIVES AT PORT IN QATAR

SLAMABAD: Pakistan Navy Ship (PNS) Tabuk on Tuesday arrived at a port in Qatar to provide assistance in maritime security to the Qatari government during the ongoing FIFA World Cup.

Upon arrival at the Qatari port, the ship was received by Pakistani diplomatic officials and senior officers of the host Navy.

The ship’s commanding officer discussed the maritime security of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 during meetings with top officials of the host navy.

A spokesperson of the Pakistan Navy in a statement said PNS Tabuk’s assistance in maritime security during the mega event of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 is an expression of confidence in the professionalism of the Pakistan Navy.

Earlier in month November, last year, last year, Pakistan Navy Ship (PNS) Zulfiqar also visited Aqaba port of Jordan.

According to the spokesman of the Pakistan Navy, PNS Zulfiqar was warmly welcomed by the hosts at the Aqaba port and the Commanding Officer met the host officials and had discussed issues of mutual interest.

The Jordanian authorities were also apprised of the Indian atrocities in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) and the plight of the Kashmiri people.

ARY

I don't know about Pakistanis defending Qatar, I am not one, but for me it is quite simple. I want to be able to enjoy watching the World Cup without the constant bleating about LGBTQ drama or migrant workers conditions. If these things are all so terrible then don't hold the tournament there.

I don't want to see the BBC spend an hour virtue signalling and missing the opening ceremony. I watch football to enjoy the world cup, not to listen to moral lecturing which not one of these countries really care about, otherwise they wouldn't be in bed with them with massive trade deals.

I don't know about Pakistanis defending Qatar, I am not one, but for me it is quite simple. I want to be able to enjoy watching the World Cup without the constant bleating about LGBTQ drama or migrant workers conditions. If these things are all so terrible then don't hold the tournament there.

I don't want to see the BBC spend an hour virtue signalling and missing the opening ceremony. I watch football to enjoy the world cup, not to listen to moral lecturing which not one of these countries really care about, otherwise they wouldn't be in bed with them with massive trade deals.

how the workers are discriminated is a valid issue that needs to be raised.

The LGBTQ are trying to hog the attention and has only created problems.

how the workers are discriminated is a valid issue that needs to be raised.

The LGBTQ are trying to hog the attention and has only created problems.

How the workers are discriminated is not a big issue, if it was we would never have awarded Qatar the world cup to begin with, or signed massive trade deals with such a country. It is hypocritical nonsense. If we cared a jot we would not be there taking part in the first place.

You don’t understand because you live in Pakistan, I presume. You don’t live in Britain where you have to put up with the main broadcaster spew their Islamophobia agenda in the name of human rights.

How the workers are discriminated is not a big issue, if it was we would never have awarded Qatar the world cup to begin with, or signed massive trade deals with such a country. It is hypocritical nonsense. If we cared a jot we would not be there taking part in the first place.

it is a big issue. 650 workers died making this stadium. The work started after the big not before, and once they hand over the world cup hosting rights they cant take it back as in a very small window no onw would had been able to get ready to host the world cup unless you have Russia another hosting right

it is a big issue. 650 workers died making this stadium. The work started after the big not before, and once they hand over the world cup hosting rights they cant take it back as in a very small window no onw would had been able to get ready to host the world cup unless you have Russia another hosting right

So if it's such a big issue, why is the tournament still going ahead?

1000s died making Smartphones/Laptops in China, among them children, child slavery, but this doesn't stop SJWs buying and using products made in China to spew their drivel online.

1000s died making Smartphones/Laptops in China, among them children, child slavery, but this doesn't stop SJWs buying and using products made in China to spew their drivel online.

So if it's such a big issue, why is the tournament still going ahead?

Indeed.

It seems to be Islamophobia. Nothing else. These working conditions are present in many countries.

Arg vs SA is a big slap in the face of haters that prayed for empty stadiums.

More than 650 have died for many years in the Middle East before the WC. They would have still died if the WC was not held here.

The issue is the workers rights - then address them all the time not just when the WC is played.

This has sadly been a known issue for many yrs in the building trade..including Dubai…yet the West still does business in the region. Where was this energy before?

It’s blatant bitterness. Nothing more. The West does not care about human rights.

I have a fairly ample sample size to rely on and agree with this.

If one wishes to compare people and their mindset then online articles, videos, forums and chat rooms are filled with our neighbours and western people posting their hate for islam and Muslims but I am yet to see any such filth from Muslims the other way around. Some even make up usernames to abuse Islam, which shows that they go out of their way to express their hatred.

There is a poster here who for over a decade has been expressing his dislike for the Gulf here while living there just as his family does, I wouldn’t take his lies seriously. He even claimed other Gulf states are against the World Cup being held in Qatar so the BBC and ilk only criticize Qatar for that reason as if we all live under a rock and are blind to numerous verbal and physical attacks against Muslims.

Things Qatar did for World Cup 2022 that Muslims can appreciate :

1. Alcohol will not be sold at the World Cup's eight stadiums in Qatar. Two days before the tournament started “FIFA announced alcohol will be banned in stadiums at the Qatar world cup.

2. Hotels in Qatar, during the World Cup 2022, will feature barcodes where fans can learn about Islam free from stereotypes.

3. Qatar Guest Center has prepared a team of 2,000 people to call for Islam, where it will allocate 10 mobile cars and 10 specialized tents.

4. Availability of prayer areas and places for ablution in stadiums for the first time in the history of the World Cup.

5. Islamic exhibitions being done by the Ministry of Awqaf in different languages for visitors from across the globe.

in that case, is sports and movies (entertainment ) halal in islam ?

We living in West are not living in denial or are slave to our masters. We have a brain and call out whats right/wrong.

Apparently England's kit is made in Bangladesh. We all know the standards of such factorys. They have been in the news in the last few years.

More than 650 have died for many years in the Middle East before the WC. They would have still died if the WC was not held here.

The issue is the workers rights - then address them all the time not just when the WC is played.

Yes. I have said on previous threads down the years that it really isn't a western issue to begin with. It's the countries where these migrants hail from that need to ensure their citizens rights abroad are looked after. But of course, most of them are third world countries where the conditions are probably just as bad.

Netherlands captain Virgil van Dijk has hit back at criticism accusing European teams at the World Cup of having no "backbone" after they decided against wearing the OneLove armband.

The captains of seven countries, including England and Wales, planned to wear the armband during matches to promote diversity and inclusion.

But the plans were dropped because of Fifa's threat of players being booked.

The captains are instead wearing Fifa-approved 'No Discrimination' armbands.

"I play in a position where a yellow card is not useful. I became a football player and I want to play these kind of tournaments," Van Dijk told Dutch broadcaster NOS.

Speaking after the Netherlands' 2-0 win over Senegal on Monday, the Liverpool centre-back said: "There are people who say we don't have a backbone, but that's not how it works.

"We just want to play football. I would have loved to play with that band, but not at the expense of a yellow card."
The Netherlands began the OneLove campaign before Euro 2020 to promote diversity and inclusion, and as a message against discrimination.

Same-sex relationships and the promotion of same-sex relationships are criminalised in Qatar.

In a statement on Monday, the seven European nations - also including Belgium, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland - said they were willing to pay fines for their captains wearing the armband but could not put their players at risk of being booked.

Speaking after the 6-2 opening win over Iran, England skipper Harry Kane said he was "disappointed" about not being able to wear the armband, while team-mate Jack Grealish said the decision was "a bit stupid".

Countries faced with 'extreme blackmail'

On Tuesday, the media director of the German football federation (DFB), Steffen Simon, said the seven nations were faced with "extreme blackmail", leading them to drop their OneLove armband plans.

He told German Deutschlandfunk radio: "The tournament director went to the English team and talked about multiple rule violations and threatened massive sporting sanctions without specifying what these would be."

Simon said the other six teams then decided to "show solidarity" with England.

"We were in an extreme situation, in an extreme blackmail and we thought we had to take that decision without wanting to do so," he said, later adding: "I can understand the disappointment. We had the choice between the plague and cholera."

In Germany, supermarket chain Rewe has suspended its advertising deal with the DFB in a bid to distance itself from Fifa.

Rewe had already told the DFB in October it was ending its partnership but has now done so "with immediate effect" because of Fifa's "unacceptable scandalous attitude".

"We stand up for diversity - and football is also diversity. We live this position and we defend it," said Rewe Group chief executive Lionel Souque.

BBC

The Arabs are having a ball and bringing the noise. Xenophobes in the mud

Holiday declared in Saudi!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Public holiday declared in Saudi Arabia on Wednesday after shock <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fifaworldcup?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#fifaworldcup</a> win over Argentina.<br><br>Speaking to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ksa?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ksa</a> fans at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/qatar2022?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#qatar2022</a> here <a href="https://t.co/hIfg72jQOx">pic.twitter.com/hIfg72jQOx</a></p>— Rob Harris (@RobHarris) <a href="https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1595085282038059008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

even claimed other Gulf states are against the World Cup being held in Qatar so the BBC and ilk only criticize Qatar for that reason as if we all live under a rock and are blind to numerous verbal and physical attacks against Muslims.

Someone who doesnt understand the Gulf wouldn't know.

There is extreme jealousy and hatred towards Qatar from Abu Dhabi and to a lesser extent Bahrain.

Do you even remember the blockade years? When even a bottle of milk was not allowed to be sent to Qatar from Saudi or UAE?
Where it was not permitted to wear Barcelonas shirt with Qatars logo on it in Abu Dhabi else police would arrest you?
Where it was actual law that no one could say one word in praise of Qatar between 2017 and 2021, IRL or online else they would be prosecuted?
Where Salman Ouda was arrested because he refused to support Saudis blockade of Qatar?

Dubai was less hateful as they had business ties with Qatar

But even in 2022, prominent govt backed social media personnel in UAE were mocking Qatar hosting the world cup

Before the game with Ecuador a rumor was publicized by a prominent Bahraini govt twitter (Amjad Taha)that Qatar had bribed Ecuador to lose

Some people tend to hate the west because they face racism there, and then proceed to idoloze all Gulf Arabs because they have a good time there on vacation or when posted on a good job

Millionaire footballer's should some money to the labourers who built all these stadiums. That will truly shame these Arab's for the human rights abuses. As for homosexuality I am totally Instagram this inhuman practice. FIFA has to understand that banning homosexuality is not an infringement of human rights.

There is extreme jealousy and hatred towards Qatar from Abu Dhabi and to a lesser extent Bahrain.

Do you even remember the blockade years? When even a bottle of milk was not allowed to be sent to Qatar from Saudi or UAE?
Where it was not permitted to wear Barcelonas shirt with Qatars logo on it in Abu Dhabi else police would arrest you?
Where it was actual law that no one could say one word in praise of Qatar between 2017 and 2021, IRL or online else they would be prosecuted?
Where Salman Ouda was arrested because he refused to support Saudis blockade of Qatar?

But even in 2022, prominent govt backed social media personnel in UAE were mocking Qatar hosting the world cup

Before the game with Ecuador a rumor was publicized by a prominent Bahraini govt twitter (Amjad Taha)that Qatar had bribed Ecuador to lose

Some people tend to hate the west because they face racism there, and then proceed to idoloze all Gulf Arabs because they have a good time there on vacation or when posted on a good job

So, UAE were mocking Qatar for hosting the world cup? So what? Begs the question, why does the West follow the foot steps of UAE, instead of being the better 'man' by reporting on the positives of the World Cup instead of reporting on the hypocrisy?

And you haven't really shone a beacon of light with the obvious - money talks - and the main reason why people are critical of the West is because of Western hypocrisy.

If the West claim to to be the beacon of civilisation, then its time they acted like it instead of following cave dwellers in the UAE - right?

Holiday declared in Saudi!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Public holiday declared in Saudi Arabia on Wednesday after shock <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fifaworldcup?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#fifaworldcup</a> win over Argentina.<br><br>Speaking to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ksa?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ksa</a> fans at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/qatar2022?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#qatar2022</a> here <a href="https://t.co/hIfg72jQOx">pic.twitter.com/hIfg72jQOx</a></p>— Rob Harris (@RobHarris) <a href="https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1595085282038059008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And that's why the Saudis are so disliked. Football more important than commemorating the Prophet Saw...

Intra-gulf relations akin to IndoPak.. Qatar and Saudi detest each other and Saudi almost boycotted

Last edited:
West needs to respect that Islam forbids homosexuality in all aspects, period. Islam does not see it as a human right issue at all rather it is a major sin. If the authorities have a problem with this Islamic law then refrain from having such tournaments in majority Muslim countries. On the other hand by all means call out the Arab's and Qataris here for their other appalling human rights abuses.

Millionaire footballer's should some money to the labourers who built all these stadiums. That will truly shame these Arab's for the human rights abuses. As for homosexuality I am totally Instagram this inhuman practice. FIFA has to understand that banning homosexuality is not an infringement of human rights.

Correction. Millionaire footballer's should give some money to the labourers who built all these stadiums. That will truly shame these Arab's for the human rights abuses. As for homosexuality I am totally against this inhuman practice. FIFA has to understand that in Muslim majority countries banning homosexuality is not seen as an infringement of human rights.

Now you are resorting to personal attacks. You are also endorsing western racism for point scoring and to belittle others genuine praise for the Gulf. Feel free to refer to my posts where you feel I have expressed hate for anyone.

Your bigoted anti-Gulf posts are there for all to see and you have been at it for over a decade.
In fact the vast majority of your posts here are to hate on them. This is an objective fact.

UAE etc doesn’t need your permission to mock others, they will do as they please based on what suits their interests. If you hate it there so much then you and your ilk can leave rather than verbally attacking them here like a broken record.

One has to be blind to deny that there is extreme hatred for islam in the west, your petty references to Qatar’s issues with some neighbours will not change this ground reality.

I know people who have faced zero discrimination for 4 decades in the Gulf but plenty of racism in just a few months in the West, this is a reality.

You are factually incorrect in saying BBC etc only criticize Qatar due to what other Gulf states say, get your facts right. Dishonesty will not help. What next, you will say other Gulf states pay likes of daily mail racist readers to abuse islam in the comments section to get one over one of their neighbour?

Post those questions to someone who cares, perhaps if you spent some time in the west then you might comprehend their hatred doesn’t stem from Qatar’s neighbours views. Feel free to show me where I have stated all of Qatar’s neighbours get along well with them instead of forcing your view on others.

The gulf states never claimed they are democracies and their visa policies are known by people before traveling/moving there, if anyone doesn’t like it they are free to stay put. I have never seen gulf states dictate to other parts of the world on how they can and cannot live. This hypocrisy only comes from the other side who have killed millions and created deliberately famines to loot others resources just to name a few of their actions.

I agree with your bold bit
As for interacting with some of them, I myself was born there and have lived there for decades, so have interacted with far many than you have

You have to understand that a lot of people who suffered will never admit it to others as a matter of self pride
This is true in a lot of cultures including the Bengali one. They think that by admitting they suffered in the country they migrated to, they will "lose face", so unlikely for them to admit to anything to others except those maybe in the same boat as them.

For most Bangali blue collars, the Gulf is a very simple trade; accept bad conditions in return for cash.

I myself had a great time working for a prestigious govt place (I was the last Bangladeshi there, it was a SWF whose CFO decades back was a Bengali Brit), so had it nice, but i am humble enought to recognize countless of my countrymen who tolerated everything for cash for family

This is a good post.

I have a fairly ample sample size to rely on and agree with this.

If one wishes to compare people and their mindset then online articles, videos, forums and chat rooms are filled with our neighbours and western people posting their hate for islam and Muslims but I am yet to see any such filth from Muslims the other way around. Some even make up usernames to abuse Islam, which shows that they go out of their way to express their hatred.

There is a poster here who for over a decade has been expressing his dislike for the Gulf here while living there just as his family does, I wouldn’t take his lies seriously. He even claimed other Gulf states are against the World Cup being held in Qatar so the BBC and ilk only criticize Qatar for that reason as if we all live under a rock and are blind to numerous verbal and physical attacks against Muslims.

A lot of its a colonial mindset. They see colonisers as stronger, they see their society as better evolved as they were able to conquer, bring ideas which are catered for desires, so those who want or agree with acting on those desires are easily swayed.

Ive just read a post, UK government sold Qatar over £3billion in arms...BUT THATS OK! :wg

Qatar own Harrods, the Shard and Canary Wharf. They just signed a deal with the UK in May to invest £10b over the next 5 years. Wonder why the morality police take so much investment from evil human rights abusers?

This corrupt and farcical World Cup is actually helped with security by... the RAF and Royal Navy.

If you weren't to watch BBC Sport coverage you wouldn't be blamed for thinking the UK and Qatar have a fantastic relationship.

Qatar has a whole host of issues. As does the UK. As does the USA. As does Russia. As Piers said, if you go down this road then there is not a country on Earth morally clean enough to host a World Cup.

For some reason, Western media have decided the line must be drawn right here, right now. It'll be erased again in 4 years time though, when we can all hit the streets of LA and get smashed.

Time for UEFA to break away from FIFA.

Good. UEFA should indeed leave so that rest of the football world can play without dramas. FIFA would be normal and awesome without UEFA.

I think Russia should leave UEFA and join AFC or something. Russia is too normal to be with UEFA.

It has not much to do with racism. It has to do with radical liberalism and faulty foreign policies.

There is a difference between hate and constructive criticism.

I support all Muslim states whether it is Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, or Afghanistan. I have been very impressed by how Qatar handled everything over the past few weeks. They were firm and effective.

Why are you so anti-Qatar? This is just one incident. Why are you ignoring many other positives?

I am not anti Qatar, in fact I respect them for being much more Islamic than UAE and Bahrain. I also supported them during the blockade years when most UAE residents acted like sheep and attacked Qatar

Even in this world cup they were strong enough to invite Zakir Naik and start off the world cup with a Quran recitation, something UAE would never have done

Last edited:
I am not anti Qatar, in fact I respect them for being much more Islamic than UAE and Bahrain. I also supported them during the blockade years when most UAE residents acted like sheep and attacked Qatar

Even in this world cup they were strong enough to invite Zakir Naik and start off the world cup with a Quran recitation, something UAE would never have done

I see. Thanks for clarifying your stance as you were coming off as a bit anti-Qatar.

Anyway. I agree that Qatar deserves respect for showing a strong backbone. They could've easily succumbed to pressure but they stood firm.

The opening ceremony was classy and interesting. It was a refreshing change from the abnormal junks many countries promote.

Back