offical 2nd test thread - eng v Aus @ edgbaston [4/8/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the old man is in a poetic mood.

Nauman said:
Well Aussies have disapointed me, who wants to join me in a rain dance for next 2 days?
Please allow me.....

"Raindrops keep falling on my head...
Please let it rain then you can all just stay in bed,
Gilly Harm and Fred
I'll, dance on my roof until the heavens start openin'

Because I'm free....But Flintie's worrying me" :p

MenInGreen said:
It may be reduced to a one inning match now - Aussie should close in and end up 350+ I think - that being the case - I like Chariman Oxy , predict an Aussie win - RH can now set fire to the place....
:)))So much for your prediction:)))

cor steady on pommie fans rh, migsy and all. your boys havent won just yet as there is a matter of 2 wickets to take and who knows warnah and lee may do it. (i bet thats the fear in the back of old pom fans..lol) Or who know there will be many rain dances taking place in the world right now including mine and nauman's. :D

Anyway, seriously I want to say well done to England and all there fans including rh, migsy and co...and also dan hudson. You lot deserve the victory and special praise for the man who turned the match in freddie flintoff. well done all :)

/.......but dont stay up celebrating too much as theres another match on thursday and a matter of 3 full tests. if england win the series then they could really celebrate until we finish them off in pakistan, and again in england next year. ;-)

regarding analysis for aussies well the main culprit and man to blame is a ceartain chap who is the captain and figures in migsy's rhymes. the guy ponting is a shocking captain with awful field settings, awful decisions on who to bolw when and awful blunders at the toss...as well as not standing up and being counted and leading from the front with the bat.

ponting and vaughan look out of sorts and to me seem like passengers in there team but at least vaughan is captaining ok.

also to blame is the aussie batsman who overall just seem terrible. what p!$$es me off is these same batsman will score tons of runs when they play pakistan. all of the aussies would get direct throws and take half chances and not drop anything if they were playing against pakistan.

Job not complete yet but I thought England had it in them and they surely do. I would really like to see them win the series.

The worst thing for me personally with england's likely win is that on Monday when I am back to work it will be much harder for me to do my acting in front of my boss and all. :( You see at work I have to try and impress the woman boss and others so that I could browse the net, eat drink, chat and abuse all my privelilges and take advantage of the bosses....So the acting I always do is to pretend I support England and refer to them as 'WE' , eg WE played so good, WE are 200 for 2 etc... LOLLZ it's easy to fool them and usually I enjoy it because I can laugh inside and smile a bit with pleasure telling the boss what a $h1T position WE are in....and pretend to care for WE and be upset about it...:15: .:16:

but but...this time the acting will be really hard to keep up because WE will win when i really want the proper WE to have won in Australia...damn damn:6:

The 3rd days play was one of the best day cricket I have ever seen - so much tension; drama; excitement; controversial decisions; exhilirating batting; superb bowling....it had it all!

Unfortunately, most Pak fans were probably unable to appreciate it due to their hatred of the English team!

Oxy™ said:
The 3rd days play was one of the best day cricket I have ever seen - so much tension; drama; excitement; controversial decisions; exhilirating batting; superb bowling....it had it all!

Unfortunately, most Pak fans were probably unable to appreciate it due to their hatred of the English team!

NO NO disagree with the last part. I personally really enjoyed it and definitley appreaciated it because it was so exciting and had me glued and tense all day...but I enjoyed the contest. It was so topsey turvey day with excellent flintoff batting bowling and guts with an aparent injury. Also, Bret Lee and Shane Warne were super as usual and there was some poor umpiring decisons.

The Ashes is probably the only series i follow and enjoy as closely other than a pak series. The rivalry on and off the field is great and offcourse the banter and pom bashing :D

It was really well played england who were brilliant, exciting and deserve all the success, but aussies deserve as much praise for playing there part and almost comming back to win the game.

Good to hear...I just think that because we dismiss anything that is NOT Pakistani, we fail to appreciate some of the finer points of the TEST cricket....focussing our energies on a meaningless diet of ODI games.

well today bhai was probably the most enjoyable day of live test cricket I have seen for a long long time...with 17 wickets falling and the game fluctuating one way and the other.....honestly... i needed plenty of water to calm my nerves..and freddie what a player and fighter...wow.

I thought the crowd were inspirational.

Pakistani team must look in envy at such home support for a test match.

18,000 fans having a GREAT day...enjoying the game; no trouble; no policeman with laathis to worry about; decent facilities...and GREAT CRICKET.

A lot of people on PakPassion said the Ashes were being OVERHYPED...a 1100 runs and 38 wkts in 3 days...what ODI can be that exciting?

your right and also there was lots of spectators watching in the massive screen in the park outside the ground. and as boyks said who needs odi's when u have days like today in a test.

it's such a shame the general public in the uk at large will miss out on live cricket on tv after this year. u know i only got interested and started to follow the game after watching pak in 1987 play shown live on the bbc. I grew up watching cricket on the bbc and now in 2006 there will be no terrestrial tv live cricket.

anyway whos the person in your avtar picture?

Last edited:
Fessal said:
your right and also there was lots of spectators watching in the massive screen in the park outside the ground. and as boyks said who needs odi's when u have days like today in a test.

it's such a shame the general public in the uk at large will miss out on live cricket on tv after this year. u know i only got interested and started to follow the game after watching pak in 1987 play shown live on the bbc. I grew up watching cricket on the bbc and now in 2006 there will be no terrestrial tv live cricket.

anyway whos the person in your avtar picture?

The avatar in oxy's picture is Mona's future paindoo husband :p that Oxy has recruited.....

Can we all laugh at Fessal and his one eyed Anti English bilge.
Face the facts boy, them Aussies cannot handle our attack, and apart from Warne and a decent stint early doors by Lee they are nothing without McGrath

Batting is the Aussies strong point, but taking 20 wickets is what it's all about,they've been totally outplayed by a superior England 'team'.

If you can see through your blinkers, have a look at the old scoreboard, there's a good chap

It ain't over yet.

Warnah hit a couple of first class hundreds early this season..

Foo Fighter said:
Can we all laugh at Fessal and his one eyed Anti English bilge.

:))) :))) anti english bilge...lolllz. why can't u poms take a bit of banter and stick? lol its easy to wind u up as the aussies have been doing for years and my banter is nothing compared to that. Anyway your quite short sighted and foolish to call me anti- english.

Yes I do not support england in cricket and quite a few sports but anti english is a bit too strong and going over the top. If u care to use glasses and look up above I have praised them when and where it's due. Too bad you can't handle my english banter and give as good as u get. tha's too bad u cant accept a bit of fun but i will continue with how i am ;-)

Anyway if u must know i perfer scotland, irealand and wales to also hammer the poms: no doubt they will do in cricket footy and other sports one day ;-)

by the way its not as if england have thrashed australia completley but they have played really well, especially freddie and the saffie pieterson.

nah still unlikely that aussies will win as theres still 65 runs needed and it only takes 2 balls.

lee should try and hit some 6's and just go for it on balls that are ok to hit, but if kasper could hang about.. very much doubt.

well played and congrats england, especially freddie.

Aus 226/9 ... there going down all guns blazing.

freddie and harmison try to kill bret lee what a barage of short balls...

Aus 267/9 (15 to win)

NOOOOOOOO :6::6::6::6::6:

Well played Aussies, any poms wants to tell me that England outplayed Australia?

***....! damn england won!!!

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That was just bizarre.

To blow Australia away in all but one session and then limp across the line is pretty poor indeed, although the Australian's for all the luck they got in that lest session did play their hearts out.

Nauman said:

Well played Aussies, any poms wants to tell me that England outplayed Australia?

You gonna try and claim the Aussies outplayed England? :)))

What a win!!!

An epic test match. England won by 2 runs.....just 2 runs! 1-1, all square...the Ashes is there for both teams.

Big Mac said:
You gonna try and claim the Aussies outplayed England? :)))

No they showed grit and fight which only Australian team is capable of, I am willing to bet my house that had the situation been reverse England would have never shown this type of fight, they would have just presented the test match to Aussies in a platter. Yesterday half the PP and all the pomies here were going on about how Poms have throughly outplayed Australia but no Brett Lee and Warne had other ideas. You go Aussies, ashes awaits you.

Nauman said:

Gladly, you didn't have Mcgrath and we had a fully fit Freddie.

Nauman said:
No they showed grit and fight which only Australian team is capable of, I am willing to bet my house that had the situation been reverse England would have never shown this type of fight, they would have just presented the test match to Aussies in a platter. Yesterday half the PP and all the pomies here were going on about how Poms have throughly outplayed Australia but no Brett Lee and Warne had other ideas. You go Aussies, ashes awaits you.

I agree fully but well played both teams and especially Australia who to me showed a lot more fight and guts despite losing. Australia didnt deserve to lose and a tie would have been a fair result.

The 2nd test at Birmingham was one of the best games I have ever seen ever..wow nail biting, mouth watering and tense but entertaining and exciting...what a hell of a match :11:

Anyway congratulations england who just managed to win by the skin of there teeths... Well done and espeically to super freddie flintoff :)

I hate to admit but my head says England have momentum and can now win the ashes as aussies have no mcgrath and only 2 real bowlers who can't perform all the time. The aussie batting hasn't been anything special so far and ponts is a cr@p captain who hasnt been so good with the bat either.

Aussies must be worried and England must be loving it and know they have a great chance. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back