offical 2nd test thread - eng v Aus @ edgbaston [4/8/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gooooon. Freddie is on fire.

On boy that was a beauty that knocked over Ponting. Great viewing.

wow gr8 stuff from fred worked him over 1st two balls then got him out...

well done free

Aus 48/2

"Oh yes I'm the great pretender"...Pretender to the (vacant) all rounder test throne I guess...

I'm sticking to my earlier prediction....Matty and Clarky to come good.

They need to get Greigy to commentate on this exciting passage of play.

Freddy should be right arm fast. He bowling at 90 MPH every ball. Faster than Lee or Harmison.

Aussies will win easy still..no doubt, but well played by the champion performer Flintoff who is meant to be injured.

The Greig-Boycott commmentary combination as I expected is a good funny one.

As Greig said the game is in the balance. another wicket or 30 runs could change the whole game.

forget the commentary bro. the poms are going down and i feel a bit sorry for there fans like rh and migsy ;-) I mean cheer up guys as it's not your fault your team can't bat, can't bowl, can't field and can't appeal ;-)

RH said:
As Greig said the game is in the balance. another wicket or 30 runs could change the whole game.

nah nah..it's just wishful thinking by another saffie claiming to be english ;-)

Fessal said:
forget the commentary bro. the poms are going down and i feel a bit sorry for there fans like rh and migsy ;-) I mean cheer up guys as it's not your fault your team can't bat, can't bowl, can't field and can't appeal ;-)
the 2nd LBW against ponting was out. Nicholas is blind he said it was outside off.

RH said:
the 2nd LBW against ponting was out. Nicholas is blind he said it was outside off.

and so too out was the saffie Peiterson for a golden duck but was denied by the umpire.

that hit the jumper. Snicko showed it was not out. And KP wasn't out against Warne or Bell.

Australia 68/2 now... 100 plus partenership needed here atleast...

Amjid Javed said:
Australia 68/2 now... 100 plus partenership needed here atleast...
Agreed:19: What's the pitch prediction for 2 morrow..

RH said:
that hit the jumper. Snicko showed it was not out. And KP wasn't out against Warne or Bell.

Nah, that definitely hit the glove and he was very, very lucky to get away with it. Belly was completely ROBBED just as he was getting settled :6:

Things can change with the fall of one more wicket....

Fessal said:

Fessel Bhai - Ghussa na dilwao ( translation: Pls dont provide reasons for my blood pressure to exceed limits ):D

RH said:

offcourse it didnt hit the jumper.. all the commentators almost agreed it was out and snicko did but that. It actually showed more that the top pad of the glove was touched :11: ...never mind u got one life line and warnah has had so much bad luck. Lee also had whats his name plumb but denied by the clown from the circus called billy silly bowden.

MenInGreen said:
Fessel Bhai - Ghussa na dilwao ( translation: Pls dont provide reasons for my blood pressure to exceed limits ):D

migsy bhai.. blod pressure kee dawai kah lena aur chill karao...... aisi choti choti banter wali baat toh normak hai when it's poms v aussies :D my excited talk is nothing compared to what u hear what aussies themselves say :11: It's all friendly banter stuff and not meant to be offensive to anyone

TransalatioN: just chill and enjoy the aussie pommie 'frinedly' banter as it's part and parcel of the 'friendly' ashes rivalry and it's history. (oh damn i was meant to transalate...never mind the poms are out of the series and up goes the finger :30:

damn that hayden for giving away a free wicket again. Aussies will still win and win by 6 wickets.. here it from me first :27:

Sydney bridge is falling down falling down, falling down....raise it with tailenders, tailenders , tailenders - Sydnny bridge is falling down - my fair ponting!!!

MenInGreen said:
Sydney bridge is falling down falling down, falling down....raise it with tailenders, tailenders , tailenders - Sydnny bridge is falling down - my fair ponting!!!
I thought I was the only one who made up dilly words to dilly songs.....:(

U're stealing my thunder Miggy....:6: And without my thunder I am nothing!

What a great Test match. Drama, twists, turns and tension.

hayden has looked c r a p for ages now... super fast bowlers seem to make him look a amateur cricketer. 1st akthar, now harmison and flintoff...!

MenInGreen said:

lolll nice one bhai..but i don't know about sydney bridge but i know the poms will be falling and ricky ponting is a very cr@p captain.

Hayden also struggled against Pollock and Ambrose early in his career. He was in fact dropped. Since coming back he has been fortunate to face so many weak bowling attacks. But in Engalnd in 2001 when the ball was seaming early he struggled. Akhtar won the duel recently and now he he is not doing much against a good bowling attack.

Hayden is superb at smashing wayward bowling - he does not let an opportunity pass. But against quality bowling there are still question marks.

Well...

Mota Aussie sat on the wall
Mota Aussie had a great fall

All of Pontings horses and All of Pontings Men
Couldnt save old Aussie again.....

I'm NOT even around here!!!!

neway...I'm leaving....leaving, leaving, leaving, leaving, leeeeeeeaaaaave.....

The second part of my predictions is still there....Clarke BETTER come good!

MenInGreen said:
Well...

:))):)))Migsy I wouldn't get too cocky yet.....

MenInGreen said:
Well...

:))) :))) :))) :)))

brilliant imagery

Predicted Result:

Aussies Win By 5 Wickets With A Day And A Half To Spare.

Simon Katich Hits A Well Played 100 With Good Support From Adam Gilchrist

loll brilliant stuff by migsy but we'll see who has the last laugh, who does the last rhyming and singing....

....and on the other hand who will do the excuses and crying? offcourse it's obvious..

lol come on Aussies! aussie AUSSIE aussie ..oiy oiy oi Aussie.

Last edited:
The_Cricket_Devil said:
Predicted Result:

Aussies Win By 5 Wickets With A Day And A Half To Spare.

Simon Katich Hits A Well Played 100 With Good Support From Adam Gilchrist

what a clever person you are :) :19: u can see the obvious..well done!
obviously there are a few people who need to look closer and need some special glasses :p

If aussies could get another 50 runs without losing any more wickets then they will canter to victory much quicker tommorow.

Aus 134/5 now....

clarke/gilchrist aussies last hope....

giles gets katich, he scored only 84 less than the predicted 100.

Gilly's gone and the poms are winning.. I can't bear to follow anymore. :31: damn damn damn

Reminds me of the 2nd test between Pak and Aussies...we were robbed by some efficiently Biased umpiring:6: :6:

Aussies were down five wickets will some 150 odd to go and next day, with the help of some consistantly moronic umpiring, they got there:12:

Gilly was the dangerman with Langer then...so if England gets Gilly quickly, they are through for sure...cause there is no aussie umpire to save their behind this time:16:

HaHaHa...I jinxed Gilly
141072729003.gif
141072729003.gif
141072729003.gif

:16:

Gillispie gone 2. Surprise surprise England on the brink of an Ashes Test victory and that too NOT IN A DEAD RUBBER

That were plumb that were.

Couldn't uv' played it if he'd had stick t'rhubarb.

Monsee said:
Reminds me of the 2nd test between Pak and Aussies...we were robbed by some efficiently Biased umpiring:6: :6:

Aussies were down five wickets will some 150 odd to go and next day, with the help of some consistantly moronic umpiring, they got there:12:

Gilly was the dangerman with Langer then...so if England gets Gilly quickly, they are through for sure...cause there is no aussie umpire to save their behind this time:16:

oh u mean motu peter parker :12: was well pi$$ed off that we where cheated that day!

latest - Aus 140/7

my prediction of england winning by 110 runs may come true...

extra 30 mins been claimed and played... minimum 8 overs...

Monsee said:

It was more like 250 runs to go that time. Gilchrist alone scored 150 odd if I remember correctly.

mumtaz said:
It was more like 250 runs to go that time. Gilchrist alone scored 150 odd if I remember correctly.

I was reffering to the 150 odd left at the end of the 2nd last day

warne hits a huge six of giles and then another one

12 off 2 balls

Aus 158/7 (124 to win now)

hahahaha

harmison clean bowls clarke with a superb slower ball.

Aus 175/8 ....

england to wrap it up tmoz...

my prediction not far off...

What a ball to get Clarke. He was completely bamboozled. 65 MPH. ENGLAND ZINDABAD

Well Aussies have disapointed me, who wants to join me in a rain dance for next 2 days?

Man I love test cricket.

What a days play! As Sir Geoffrey said in commentary..."Who needs On-day Cricket?"

Oh - the grand old Ponting of Oz
He had 11 men
he marched them down to edgbaston and down they came again
When they were up they were up
When they were down they were down
When Freddie and Harmison struck - they went down and down again.....

Ahhhh.....brings a tear to your eye dunnit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back