offical 2nd test thread - eng v Aus @ edgbaston [4/8/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
England 289-4 @ tea

what a session that was...

Watching these 2 bat is great entertainment. As Geoffrey Boycott said "who needs ODI cricket when you have this". Can't wait for the next session.

do u guys think the pitch is way to "easy runs". The runs are comming as through this is a odi last 10 overs!!! If the pitch remains the same i expect aus to pile up 400+ runs easily. This game may end in a draw.

RH said:
Watching these 2 bat is great entertainment. As Geoffrey Boycott said "who needs ODI cricket when you have this". Can't wait for the next session.

I am predicting England all out below 350 for the next session.

Good prediction....but only if Pidgey was there....

tuff c & b drop by kaspo off pieterson... damn!

is it just me or could this match end up similar to the Mcg test vs pakistan when yoyo made that hundred??..very similar at the moment...

giles gone now...!

latest - eng 342 for 7

indeed... england 8 down!

348/8

good call by nauman bhai!

Bilee conceeds a century. Even Sami wouldnt do it this quick :))

Darn that Lee spoiled my prediction, must say very poor bowling by Lee its a dead wicket and he keeps on banging it short and the ball just sits up there to be hit even by Steve Harmisson. Though I am still wondering why in the world did Ponting choose to field first.

Amazingly fast. More than 5 per over. All the bowlers went for too many but were rewarded with wickets.

Brett Lee:

17 overs
111 runs
1 wicket

And we guys' go ballistic when Akhtar goes for runs. :)))
Although i must say Lee was unlucky, Flintoff played a few dodgy hook-pull shots that he could have easily top-edged!

With this rain I am guessing England may have a bit of advantage, having scored at a fast pace and now the wicket might become dodgy.

Marooned said:
So England show some bone.
They were riding their luck....They're really gonna have to bowl well to get the Aussies on the back foot though....

The rain may just help them...but it will slow the pitch down even more...don't think Giles will be any good to them...

i expect a delay in the morning. It's raining cats and dogs here in brum.

I expect the Aussies to make massive runs in the region of 600 to 700+. You see they will come back strong and hammer the poms. well played poms and well played there saffies proxy...Pieterson.

England surely had a plan in mind

which was to attack the Aussies through out their inns by taking a leaf frm Pieterson's scrap book

Australia batting

No runs...Hayden out for a duck...
Ct Strauss, Bowled Hoggie

Langer took forever to get off the mark....

Ponting's making hay....hope the sun continues to shine ;)

Hoggie should sort out his no-balls....he might just be letting the Oz off the hook...

Conditions seem to be favouring his swing..he should exploit it like he did that 4th test againt SA at Wanderers...same conditions.... (7/61 in that match I think)

Oz now 34/1....another 4 from Ponting...

u think aussies are trying to match england, shot for shot......

Another no-ball! Ponting hits for 3...Hoggie! Hoggie! Hoggie!

44/1

Another one... A no-ball in each of the last 4 overs....

46/1...The English bowlers are not bowling enough good balls...they're letting things slip...

Hoggie off, Jones on....

Maiden bowled....still 5 runs an over though...

Well I must say Aussies are no where as comfortable out there as Poms were yesterday morning.

Nauman said:
Well I must say Aussies are no where as comfortable out there as Poms were yesterday morning.

different conditions i presume....

pointing plays the most exquist straight drive for 4 of simon jones

Aus 66/1

Amjid Javed said:
pointing plays the most exquist straight drive for 4 of simon jones

Aus 66/1

:38: oh well next ball sees an even dreamier shot for 4 down the ground!

then smashes the next thru deep midwicket!

50 for pointing :27:

Aus 74/1

three 4s in a row :D

sumhow i get the feeling england will b kicking themselves now for their cavalier batting yesterday

pointing gone for 61

Aus 88/2

he gets out to the pie floater giles...

Aus 118/3

vaughan runs out martyn just b4 lunch.... huge blow taken by england!

not to worry... aussies will still pass the 400 mark and even a lot more hopefully. well played poms so far.

I think the Poms will get them out for about 350 and they themselves will collapse in the second innings, cos they can't bat the same way twice, they'd be in two minds, then Warny will wreak havoc.

draw or Eng victory - cant see Aussies winning this... Well done to England!

It will be intresting to see what happens in Australia get 400. time and time agen teams compete for half-game with Aus b4 been blown away!

True - I think Aussie will get to near 400 - at the moment I dont see them gaining a hige lead but yes , the 2nd innings performance is vital

MenInGreen said:
draw or Eng victory - cant see Aussies winning this... Well done to England!

No way man! offcourse the Aussies will win.... u see will win...
come on warnah!
Aussie Aussie AUSSIE! oiy oiy oi! :27:

yeah
aussies will win no doubt, we came into this kind of position in melbourne but aussies got abt 20/30 run lead(not sure) and bowled us out pretty cheaply, this will happen to england

Back from lunch....them and me

Clarke owes the Oz a big score....

Today's the day to deliver.

120/3

Rt hand, Lt hand combo messing up the line and length of the bowlers?

No swing and they're STILL pitching it up!!!!

163/3.

If Aussies can keep up this scoring rate, they should finish at around 410 tonight?

Declare and try and bowl the English out?
Get a lead of say 100 and play it safe?

Fessal said:
No way man! offcourse the Aussies will win.... u see will win...
come on warnah!
Aussie Aussie AUSSIE! oiy oiy oi! :27:

RH will be along soon to fix that issue for you....

mulan said:
163/3.

If Aussies can keep up this scoring rate, they should finish at around 410 tonight?

Declare and try and bowl the English out?
Get a lead of say 100 and play it safe?

Australia should just bat and bat...! england scored 400 on first day, normally such a score would take day and a half so the games very advanced this stage after 1.5 days...!

normally looking at scorecards you would think its lunch day 3...! games is about 2/3 sessions in advance.

Eish! You're right...I keep forgetting it's only day 2.....:p

200 up...Langer for a century? Englands batsmen had the chances and didn't kick on... Hope Oz don't lose a wicket soon....

Giles bowling very well..getting turn. Langer not quite sure how to play the odd delivery.

flintoff gets katich with superb outswinger.

he deserves that hes been bowling very well

Aus 208/5 and in spot of bother...

gilchrist of the mark with a thunderous cover drive for 4

212/5 now...

Hope Gilly plays another little cameo...80 or 90 in 70 balls will suit me just fine...

When do they take tea?

Poor show by Aussies I must say, they have greatly disapointed me, specially Ponting who looked set for a big hundred but threw his wicket away though I am impressed with Langer he has fought well in the center.

mulan said:
Hope Gilly plays another little cameo...80 or 90 in 70 balls will suit me just fine...

When do they take tea?

Aus 219/5

australia cant afford to lose any wkts in last session. langer needs to get a bick ton and gilly needs to fire...! england on top at mo!

252/5
Langer on 80
Gilly 22

These two need to bat through the last session...

Okay...so how many byes has Jones conceded now?

Where's that Michael Jackson smilie when I need it!!!!!

262/5

simon jones gets langer lbw

what a **** decision from rudi kotezon as per usual...!

Aus 262/6...

This umpires a joke when it comes to lbw decisons...!

oh cmon, that wasnt out!!

(I didnt see it, can someone help make my above statement more credible?)

zushy_786 said:
it's just you, your glasses are getting fogged up again;-)
He can borrow mine.....have to lend them to Rudi first....:12:

Hope Gilly lashes out a bit...No use prodding around now....unless Warnie can stick around for a spell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back