offical 2nd test thread - eng v Aus @ edgbaston [4/8/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
please place all updates from 2nd test here please.

thanks (sticky please) :D

Just realised its well late!

Hopefully when i wake up Harmison will have done well (dont care about the rest of the players)

MCGRATH INJURED IN WARM-UP
GLENN McGrath could be out of the second Ashes Test after injuring himself during the pre-match warm-up.

The veteran paceman had to be carried off the Edgbaston pitch this morning after hurting his right ankle.

McGrath took nine wickets in the first Test at Lords and it will be a blow to Australian captain Ricky Ponting if his unable to include the 35-year-old in his side to face England

huge blow for australia. may kaspowicz will play instead.

chance for england?

News filters through that McGrath has been injured in a pre-match warm-up. He fell to the floor after standing on a stray cricket ball and was immediately surrounded by concerned team-mates, leaving the field some minutes later on a motorised buggy to be assessed by medical staff. :(

Last edited:
england wud still find a way to go 23-5 down

even in absence of Mcgrath

Australia win the toss and will bowl 1st.

kaspo replaces injured mcgrath

england are unchanged

england openers out in the middle. play about to start.

tresco facing up to brett lee!

lack of control and line in 1st two overs from lee and gillespie.

strauss gets a nick down thru gulley for 4

eng 5/0

Quote from Cricinfo on Dropping chance :

End of a good over from Gillespie, and if only Warne had been as
quick with his hands as he is with a mobile phone, England may
have been one wicket down! Rare lapse from a quality slip fielder

:))) :))) :))) :)))

England off 2 a great start 36/0

australias bowlers not up tp mark thus far.....

Aussie bowlers pitching it up too much though....No swing at all, and just giving Tresco and Strauss ample opportunity to drive...

There's nothing off the pitch either....hard work for the bowlers then.

mulan said:
Aussie bowlers pitching it up too much though....No swing at all, and just giving Tresco and Strauss ample opportunity to drive...

There's nothing off the pitch either....hard work for the bowlers then.

mulan ji, have u even bothered reading the article i provided on the cancer thread?......i dug it up specifically 4 u :9: :9:

z10 said:
mulan ji, have u even bothered reading the article i provided on the cancer thread?......i dug it up specifically 4 u :9: :9:
Zee...I'm at home and I'm definitely printing it to have a hard copy....I know you dug it up especially for me, since I asked so nicely ;-)

It's been a rough few days, and I suppose I'm gonna need that info now more than ever....Thanks.

cricinfo :

10.4 Kasprowicz to Strauss, FOUR, short and wide, the friendly ghost
just got friendlier! Take that says Strauss cracking a square-cut
to the point fence!
10.4 Kasprowicz to Strauss, (noball) no run, fuller and on the off,
slanted to gully, and that's another no-ball from Kasper the
friendly ghost
:)) :)) :))

mulan said:
Zee...I'm at home and I'm definitely printing it to have a hard copy....I know you dug it up especially for me, since I asked so nicely ;-)

It's been a rough few days, and I suppose I'm gonna need that info now more than ever....Thanks.

no problem :19:

omg, jus when u thort it cant get worse on cricinfo

they start referring to kasprowicz as kasper the freindly ghost

Well. The friendly ghost just got a wicket off a no-ball.

Brilliant.

Somehow this Aussie bowling line up looks a little toothless without Pidgeon...

Like the commentators just said...Perhaps Tresco and Strauss said I silent prayer of relief when they heard he's not playing...

And Strauss has decided to attack Warne....must be careful though...he's bowling into the wind...

well everything going Eng way today

1 : Glen left out
2: Dropped Catch
3 : Out on NO ball
and counting

well atleast hes finally prepared to use his feet

tho im afraid england may go over to the other extreme, instead of blocking warne they're gna try and smash him

both suit warne just fine

Okay...I just got up for some coffee and the ball has been changed...what happened?

Are there any damp areas where the ball could have gotten wet...considering all the fours that's been hit?

Or was it hit out of shape?

And did Pidgeon really turn over his ankle stepping on a cricket ball while chasing after a rugby ball? (I should have gotten up earlier...)

mulan said:
Okay...I just got up for some coffee and the ball has been changed...what happened?

Are there any damp areas where the ball could have gotten wet...considering all the fours that's been hit?

Or was it hit out of shape?

And did Pidgeon really turn over his ankle stepping on a cricket ball while chasing after a rugby ball? (I should have gotten up earlier...)

according to cricinfo (note: take with a pinch of salt) the ball got wet on the long off boundary

Thanks! 2 fours in a row off Warne...By Strauss...

I'm not on cricinfo...Watching live...But we do get an AWFUL amount of ad breaks in between

lol in the uk it aint that bad... we get a add break
after every few overs or somthing....

Okay....some help please...

Ponting just posted Katich in a position I'm not familiar with...almost right next to the other batsman...on the on side....for Kaspo's bowling...

What is that position called? The comms say deep silly mid off...that's just plain silly...

It seems dangerous...Kaspo's bowling well...

KaSaNoVa_G said:
lol in the uk it aint that bad... we get a add break
after every few overs or somthing....
In the domestic season they can't even wait for the over to finish:12:

I end up listening to the radio comm... more than watching on tele...

And that's a 6 straight over Warnie's head....Strauss at it again!

Sorry..that was Tresco...

Seems like Merlin is doing the job then?

tresco smashes warnie for a six... top shot

eng 77/0

tresco hammers 2 4s in row off kaspo... hes nearing 50!

Better over from Warne...maiden....bowled 2 top spinners I think...A slider first ball...

England have to bat well...I get this funny feeling that a lot's gonna depend on the openers...

Kaspo just bowled a beauty...Beat Tres all ends up....Tresco's foot work is not up to scratch...

mulan said:
Better over from Warne...maiden....bowled 2 top spinners I think...A slider first ball...

England have to bat well...I get this funny feeling that a lot's gonna depend on the openers...

Again like the first test Poms have put Aussies on the back foot wether they persist with this pressure is another question.

Good ball but that dismissal was more abysmal shot selection than a great bit of bowling

That ball spun back a mile!!!! Why on earth did Strauss play that shot???!!!

Didn't he pick the leggie??!! Or did it get to him quicker than he expected....He should have known better...Warne isn't tweaking it that much...but he is putting some pace on it....

Some fun now...

Just saw some stats....Edgbaston is a happy hunting ground for Tresco...

Averages over 100 in tests there....

Does anybody like the Nandos adverts? Portuguese cricket fever :)))

Great start by England..well played. Taking nothing away from England, but Aussies are missing pidegon. Anyway, I am pretty confident Aussies will roar back into the match and still anhiliate the poms ;-) Go on Warnah!

tresco nearing a hundred here... at this rate england will have 400 by close of play.
wicket looks very slow and flat and with all dampness around it should hold together for 5 days... only worry is uneven bounce from indentations made today may play apart if pitch drys out.

with old traffod test coming straight afta this one mcgrath may miss both tests and england cud have gr8 chance winning both!

GRRRRRRRRRR, trust Bell to get the first good ball the Aussies bowl

Good over from Dizzy...I think the 2 wickets that fell in quick succession is helping his bowling as well....

That track is getting flatter by the minute....

England will kick themselves if they don't get to 480 at least....Aussies will make them pay...

england 164/1 and crusing to 184/3

game back on a knife edge

vaughan gone now lol! collapse has well and truely set in!

latest --> 227 for 4

flintoff hits 2 sixes... counter attack on its way!

flintoff going beserk and smashing ball to all parts. hes hit 4 6s now...!

pieterson batting well also.

lastest --> eng 266/4

flintoff close to 50

flintoff smashes another 6 this time off lee....!

this is simply awesome stuff.....!

pieterson/flintoff on fire

flintoff 68 off 55 balls for Flintoff...!

100 partnership comes up in about 16 overs....!

eng 289/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back