offical 2nd test thread - eng v Aus @ edgbaston [4/8/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mulan said:
He can borrow mine.....have to lend them to Rudi first....:12:

Hope Gilly lashes out a bit...No use prodding around now....unless Warnie can stick around for a spell....

so, I've heard that rudi once again blew the call, what else is new for the moron.......

you guys use very harsh language really, i find it abrasive upon my stomach lining

Will England get a 1st innings lead here.....

Pop goes Warnie....with Gilly still on 28...

Lee in..

warne goes to ugly looking slog shot. giles strikes agen

brett lees just be dropped aswell @ 2nd slip

Aus 274/7 now...

mulan said:
Will England get a 1st innings lead here.....

Pop goes Warnie....with Gilly still on 28...

Lee in..

Well it depends, if Gilly gets going, he could make life difficult for the english.....

Why does Gilly keep giving Lee the strike....

He should be palming everything and hitting out a bit....

On the other hand...maybe he wants Lee to hit out.

282/7.....still 125 behind

mulan said:
Why does Gilly keep giving Lee the strike....

He should be palming everything and hitting out a bit....

On the other hand...maybe he wants Lee to hit out.

282/7.....still 125 behind

lees just got out... playing away from body caught second slip.

everytime u post a wkt falls :( 282/8

Amjid Javed said:
lees just got out... playing away from body caught second slip.

everytime u post a wkt falls :( 282/8
You're right!!!!

I am bad news....please remind me NOT to post when Pakistan plays.....:6:

mulan said:
You're right!!!!

You better not otherwise Miggy will be unleashed to break your fingers muwahhhh.:p.......

mulan said:
You're right!!!!

u can post when we're bowling....

zushy_786 said:
You better not otherwise Miggy will be unleashed to break your fingers muwahhhh.:p.......
I'll still have my nose left....:108:

Jones is getting a decent chunk of reverse today.

Could be interesting on the sub-continent...

I want to say something but I'm a-scared.....

Our bowlers are pretty decent now, certainly the best lineup England have had in an age, but they could be better if they just worked a few flaws out of their game. Harmison can sometimes get stuck on bowling short and Hoggard and Jones usually send down too many bad balls to build up pressure in all of their spells. Fred's good but we need to be careful with him and his injuries.

I hope that the forthcoming series in the sub-continent will improve their accuracy and discipline but of the four only Simon Jones can reverse it so it may take them a short while to get used to bowling on dead pitches.

zushy_786 said:
Scared of what :13:...don't worry , is is quite timid.....
Oh goodness no! Me scared of Comma!!! Unthinkable!

I'm scared that another wicket will fall:( If you haven't noticed, I'm not good for the Aussies....

"I think I'd better leave right now..."

Billy said:
Our bowlers are pretty decent now, certainly the best lineup England have had in an age, but they could be better if they just worked a few flaws out of their game. Harmison can sometimes get stuck on bowling short and Hoggard and Jones usually send down too many bad balls to build up pressure in all of their spells. Fred's good but we need to be careful with him and his injuries.

I hope that the forthcoming series in the sub-continent will improve their accuracy and discipline but of the four only Simon Jones can reverse it so it may take them a short while to get used to bowling on dead pitches.

interesting take. id like to see harmison of all these

Billy...do you think Hoggie tried just a little too hard this morning?

There was no swing and yet he kept on pitching it up....Let the Oz off the hook with quite a few no-balls as well...

He was excellent in that Wanderers test against SA...do you think he should have done the yeoman thing instead of trying for something that obviously wasn't there...

Or could it have been the game plan going into the morning?

I fear the King Of Spain will just bore our batsmen into submission like he did the last time they toured. Only difference now is that he's a much better bowler than he was back then

Last edited:
Big Mac said:
I fear the King Of Spain will just bore our batsmen into submission like he did the last time they toured. Only difference now is that he's a much better bowler than he was back then

giles will bowl outside leg stump all day.. are batsmen will loose patients after 5 mins and charge down wicket or try risky sweep shots!

mulan said:
Billy...do you think Hoggie tried just a little too hard this morning?

There was no swing and yet he kept on pitching it up....Let the Oz off the hook with quite a few no-balls as well...

He was excellent in that Wanderers test against SA...do you think he should have done the yeoman thing instead of trying for something that obviously wasn't there...

Or could it have been the game plan going into the morning?

I don't know to be honest. He hasn't been bowling well for most of this summer and he's been having problems with no balls.

Of all the England bowlers I'd say he's easiest to target as he's so hard on himself and sets such high standards that when it's not working for him he tries too hard and looses his lines.

Fred's getting some reverse now as well. Not as much as Jones though..

gillespie gone! ball missing leg stump by miles!

koetzon agen gets it wrong... what a c r a p umpire he is...!

test match afta test match he gets lbw decisions wrong!

Aus 308/9

Aus 308 all out

kaspo gone 1st ball plumb lbw....!

gilchrist left stranded on 49...

Jesus, I take it back.

English bowlers aren't supposed to be able to do that!

What are you playing at Fred!?

intresting to see flintoff and jones reverse swing ball... cud be ideal weapon in asia this winter!

Billy said:
I don't know to be honest. He hasn't been bowling well for most of this summer and he's been having problems with no balls.

Of all the England bowlers I'd say he's easiest to target as he's so hard on himself and sets such high standards that when it's not working for him he tries too hard and looses his lines.
Well, then it seems like a rhythm as well as a confidence thing...and the only way to get those back is to take wickets...and you cannot take wickets unless you have those 2 things going for you....CONUNDRUM!

Or some luck....I like Hoggie...Hope he gets it right. And then lose it again during the Pakistan tour....:D

England lead by 99 runs. 350 should be enough if england can get up to that total.

z10 said:
too late

i blame u
:( I have to log off now...but maybe if I can stay just a little longer an English wicket or two may fall....For me to redeem myself...:59:

mulan said:
:( I have to log off now...but maybe if I can stay just a little longer an English wicket or two may fall....For me to redeem myself...:59:

Your prayers aren't working so far....1st delivery dispatched or 4 by tresco off leeee:p

Last edited:
mulan said:

das gud....i nearly lost all the respect i had for u

Highest sucsessful run chase on ground in test is 208.

england chased that v n.z in 1999.

Can't see this match ending in a draw....to much time still left...

Unless it rains...

England sitting pretty...Oz need to bowl out of their skins...

So England showing some grit here. I support them as an under-rated team and I think they can pull this one off. This also goes to show what a decent bowling attack can do to the over-rated or rather under tested Aussies. Seems like the talented Jones left his mark again.

Eng 25/0 - smashing shot from tresco for 4

gillespie looks passed his sell by date.. he wont play for much longer...!

Warne'll probably get a wicket here.

Cheeky ocker that he is..

Billy said:
Warne'll probably get a wicket here.

Cheeky ocker that he is..

:))) :D strauss tries to kick ball away and ball flys into middle stump...!

what a prat!

Ahahahhahahahahhahahaha, that's absolutely abysmal batting from Strauss

Let's hope Ian Bell can flay an emotional century in front of his home crowd tomorrow

Billy said:
That spun.

A lot.

A lot lot.

yeah but u still shud use ur bat! i have no sympathy for any batsmen who pads up to any ball! use ur bat!

Just got back from a great days cricket at Edgebaston to see him do that :(

Strauss just walked across his stumps and let ball hit stumps! what a prat!

hoggard in now... good move hes better than ian bell

It was a great day at Edgebaston. The aussies though were in great voice. nearly made me go deaf.

Great ball by Warne hopefully he can produce some more majical deliveries like that and dismiss England for 150 odd thus leaving Aussies with a target of around 250 or so.

Nauman said:
Great ball by Warne hopefully he can produce some more majical deliveries like that and dismiss England for 150 odd thus leaving Aussies with a target of around 250 or so.

Why the dislike for England Nauman :13:

2 days...nearly 800 runs scored...21 wickets.

Test match cricket at its VERY BEST.

350+ is about right, although 300 would probably be enough.

I'm not sure England need to play Warne as such, they just need to survive him and keep the score ticking over by whacking Lee and Gillespie to the boundry.

That's presuming they continue to bowl badly mind..

I boldly predict that Aussies will win this. They are just TOO good, and despite Eng being in great form for 18months, psychologically they cannot compete the Aussies.

It may be reduced to a one inning match now - Aussie should close in and end up 350+ I think - that being the case - I like Chariman Oxy , predict an Aussie win - RH can now set fire to the place....

MenInGreen said:
It may be reduced to a one inning match now - Aussie should close in and end up 350+ I think - that being the case - I like Chariman Oxy , predict an Aussie win - RH can now set fire to the place....

:))):)))Bruwaahhh.....

floatingslip said:
what target do you guys think ensures an england victory? 350+???

I think aussies will back themselves to chase 300-350. anything more i cant see them chasing. Aussies usually struggle to chase the smaller targets.

MenInGreen said:
:9: Don't loose faith MIG. If Freddie and KP play like Thursday we are in the driving seat.

Oh my God, that delivery by Warne was scary. Too bad Giles is not too much of a spinner, otherwise Aussies would be dead scared right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back