offical 2nd test thread - eng v Aus @ edgbaston [4/8/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...what a delivery by warnah...awesome...majical..brilliant..fantastic...special..MIRACULOUS! u name it... :27:

anyway... the poms and there fans like rh, migsy etc may as well enjoy as much as they can as this is the best position they will be in the match...cause Warnah and co will bowl england out for less that 150 and then roar to victory...u c... Aussies will still win as they are just too good for the poms ;-)

btw, i am probably the only person who still thinks the aussies are on top apart from the aussies themselves ;-)

Fessal said:
Wow...what a delivery by warnah...awesome...majical..brilliant..fantastic...special..MIRACULOUS! u name it... :27:

anyway... the poms and there fans like rh, migsy etc may as well enjoy as much as they can as this is the best position they will be in the match...cause Warnah and co will bowl england out for less that 150 and then roar to victory...u c... Aussies will still win as they are just too good for the poms ;-)

btw, i am probably the only person who still thinks the aussies are on top apart from the aussies themselves ;-)

aussies will win!!!!
btw faisal come on msn

Fessal said:

Nope Fess...I am tipping Aussies to Win!

As far as I am aware Warne is still only allowed to bowl from one end!

Their 'pace' attack are going to get walloped around the park from the other end, there's no doubt Warne is a class act, if England play him with the care and respect he deserves, there is no reason why we shouldn't be 350 plus in front after our 2nd innings.

GOOD TO SEE EVERYONE IN ENGLAND ARE BEHIND THE NATIONAL TEAM.

I'm very nervous now.. but what Foo Fighter said is true. Warne can only bowl from one end and Australia's fast bowlers didn't seem to be bowling well at all last night. Dizzy looked slow and tired whilst Lee sent down a few scatter gun efforts! It should still be a close match though.

Imagine how entertaining the series it would be if England win the back to back tests and are 2-1 up going into the fourth test to face a newly returned and fired up McGrath. I bet it'd make great cricket..

Well Foo Fighter - I now revise my predictions and hand over victory to England. Long Live the Queen and that Charles Chap !

However, with a class act as Australia, I wouldnt discount a final run chase to win the match - but lets see what transpires today shall we ?

C'mon t'Hoggster!

Hit im fa' six lad.

9.3 Lee to Hoggard, no run, fullish and outside the off, just a hint of
swing in to Hoggard, prod played and missed

Stunning.

Eng 31/4 Brett Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote from Cricinfo :
Warne to Bell, this should be fun. Unless you're Ian Bell, ofcourse!
:))) :))) :)))

Tresco's dismissal was silly but I suppose he has made 115 odd in total in the match. Strauss played a bad shot yesterday but to be honest I don't think he could have done too much about the Warne ball.

Now Vaughan.

MP Vaughan.

Bowled on 1 by Lee? That's very very poor.

Eng 47/4 (lead 146)

game very much back on......

Was the Pietersen decision correct by the way? I haven't seen any replays or anything.

bell gone aswell....

75/6

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

i never saw pieterson dismissal but he shudve been out on 0 anyway
he gloved it down the leg side

Billy said:
Was the Pietersen decision correct by the way? I haven't seen any replays or anything.

didnt look fully out 2 me!

koetzons been c r a p all match.... 4th decision hes got wrong!

hes worst umpire currently in world cricket!

ZM said:
i never saw pieterson dismissal but he shudve been out on 0 anyway
he gloved it down the leg side

agree. Don't know why Pieterson was walking off shaking his head. The [Edit by Mods: Watch the abuse Hash - thanks] should count himself lucky that he was able to score 21 runs. He was clearly out first ball.

Also have to say that Rudi is one of the worst umpires in the elite panel. Billy Bowden isn't much better either.

Last edited by a moderator:
England need to get this lead up to 250 now some how....

Come on Aussie!

Can win this today for sure!

(Day 3, lunch) : England 407 & 95-6 v Australia 308

england lead by 194....

Channel 4 scheduled to show horse racing until 3.30 pm!!:12: :12: :12:

WHAT IS GOING ON?

When they do things like this they cannot complain about losing rights to Sky.

jones gone yessssssssss

eng 101/7 (200 lead)

There seems to a bit of uneven bounce in the pitch today. Not much, but enough to interest Harmison, and if fit, Flintoff - i.e. the two tall bowlers.

Flintoff is actually an important bowler because he can exploit uneven bounce but he can also get reverse swing and the conditions seem favourable for that type of swing.

I cannot see Flintoff bowling...his shoulder seems to be hanging out of its socket!

It might be small comfort, but the one thing in his favour is that it is his left shoulder that seems to be hurt - the non-bowling arm. That's not great, but it is better than the bowling arm being damaged.

Oxy™ said:
I cannot see Flintoff bowling...his shoulder seems to be hanging out of its socket!

what happened to him?...how was the injury conflicted

sorry if this has been discussed before...im at work so am only picking up bits and peices of information

England have gone beyond 208 which was previous highest total chased at ground...!

shud be a very good 4th inns 2 watch....

z10 said:
what happened to him?...how was the injury conflicted

sorry if this has been discussed before...im at work so am only picking up bits and peices of information

he tried to pull of his shirt too quick ?

MenInGreen said:
he tried to pull of his shirt too quick ?

was this a reaction to ganguly's semi naked activities? :D

no, but seriously, does ne1 know?

z10 said:
was this a reaction to ganguly's semi naked activities? :D

no, but seriously, does ne1 know?

ye got that right brother ;-)

england are slowly eeking out runs here and totals getting up to 250 mark...! if england get to 270 lead il back them 2 win this test.

He played a cut shot and injured his shoulder, it was pretty innocuous

warne takes his 4th wkt

dustbin gone....

eng 131/8 now......

flintoff hits some lusty blows... scores up to 150/9 now

50 for fred top knock....

I think if England win - it wont be buy 10 runs ! so the runs may be important, unless the lead crosses 300, I would still put money on the aussies to fight back and win

Poor batting today.. but Fred seems to have shown the Aussies what he can do anyway.

7 sixes in an Ashes test match!

Come on Fred! :mad: Give the King Of Spain something to bowl at

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Come On Aussie!!!!

Final inns starts

target 282

hayden off mark with 4....

Guys still chance to vote for who will win in the thread below !

Aus 19/0 already... controlled agression needed here by australia...!

im sorry but the english batsmen do a disservice to the bowlers by playing this way.
disappointing stuff.

Not confident at all now, no demons at all in the pitch so far.

y are the commentators worshippin giles?

he only took 3 wickets..and all of a sudden hes the 'key' to the test match.....

english media at its worst, once again

Mate, Giles was England's best bowler by far in the first innings

z10 said:
y are the commentators worshippin giles?

he only took 3 wickets..and all of a sudden hes the 'key' to the test match.....

english media at its worst, once again
1 answer to all three q's above....They really need at least something to get exited about...;-)

They're really trying to stop Giles getting into any sort of rhythm here

Big Mac said:
They're really trying to stop Giles getting into any sort of rhythm here
Well...that is the best way to neutralise any bowler... No rhythm...no settling down..

langer getting afta the wheelie bin here... good to see trash him! trash him!

F***ing get in there, come on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back