offical thread - 1st test (day1) w.i v pak @ Barbados [26/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn! bazid drops smith!

rana unlucky!

a dolly!

Can we get off this 'Shabbir throwing and pelting' bandwagon.

Facts:

* BW and team management want the best for Pak and its players. They have fought enough battles with ICC and other countries and media for us to even consider doubting that.

* If there was any healthy chance for Shabbir to be called, BW would have held him back.

* His action has gotten better than it was earliar and he has become more side-on. With the 15 degree rule, he has even more of a chance to be within the prescribed limits.

* He would have been called by now after three ODIs.

So comeon people grow up a little and give it a rest. If he does get called again, then you guys can spew up as big a storm as you want!!

Bazid drops a sitter at 2nd slip! Memories of Taufeeq at Mohali!

dropped by bazid!
looked like he had it well covered, very simple chance.. disappointment for bazid.

GamBiTT said:

Facts:

* BW and team management want the best for Pak and its players. They have fought enough battles with ICC and other countries and media for us to even consider doubting that.

* If there was any healthy chance for Shabbir to be called, BW would have held him back.

* His action has gotten better than it was earliar and he has become more side-on. With the 15 degree rule, he has even more of a chance to be within the prescribed limits.

So comeon people grow up a little and give it a rest. If he does get called again, then you guys can spew up as big a storm as you want!!

I asked for everyone's opinion as it looked to me as if he is straighterning just a little too much, Im not trying to start anything!

ramiz has called his mate over!! a certain sanjay manjrekar in the commentary box.

Sanjay Manjrekar commentating! Whats he doing commenataing Pak v WI?!

Probably missing Rameez too much! Ahhh thats sweet! Wonder if he brought a nice Indian rose?

MenInGreen said:
AJ: You owe BW and apology for the Asim K thingy !!! Cmon be a man - everything isnt what it always seems to be ?

I see MIG, You still believe in miracles...do you :p >:)

Monsee said:
MenInGreen said:
AJ: You owe BW and apology for the Asim K thingy !!! Cmon be a man - everything isnt what it always seems to be ?

:)))

sarwan gone

beerayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

bazid takes the catch

Beeray!!!!!!!! Sarwan gone! Fails again in Tests!

And now Lara in, nothing new with the team two wickets down with hardly any on the board.

Raz said:
Monsee said:
MenInGreen said:

:)))

At least some of us here do have a sense of humor...and than there are those who.......;-) >:) HeHeHe

beeray almost gets lara Lbw 1st ball....

i bet MK is sat at home glued to his TV...!

Gasher bhai...how is your exam prep?! jab bhi dekhta hoon, aap PP pay post kar rahay hotay hain....

lara gets one in middle of the bat now...

the shabbirinator homing in....

oye TS!! sounding like my wife ... haan bhai, i've got the books open here, cricket definately is a distraction ...

Thats the difference between a Mohammad 'have potential' Sami and Shabbir. 2 early wickets already MASHALLAH.

w.i 27/2 now....

lets hope we get lara out early...!

A tad surprised that Windies chose to bat first. Barbados always has some juice in it early on. It's always a good toss to lose unless you have very good seamers.

Shame that Shabbir isn't bowling from the Joel Garner end!

nedian21 said:
Thats the difference between a Mohammad 'have potential' Sami and Shabbir. 2 early wickets already MASHALLAH.

Need i remind you the first was gifted, the second yes ill give him credit for it. Sami is gonna be back inshallah and will prove all you doubters wrong!

Amoeba said:
A tad surprised that Windies chose to bat first. Barbados always has some juice in it early on. It's always a good toss to lose unless you have very good seamers.

Shame that Shabbir isn't bowling from the Joel Garner end!

if u saw shiv at the toss he thought about what to do for ages afta winning the toss... he seemed clueless

Gasher bhai...books ka open hona aik acha bahana hai! laiken kabhi kabhi thora kitabon pay bhi nazar daal leejiyay :D :p

lara slog pulls down the ground and picks up 2.. ugly shot!

then lara cremes one to fielder...

Lara with a 4! Short and cut away to the point area!

Lara looking to take the attack to Pakistan another aggressive shot but found the fielder and now with another 4

another 4 cut away off a slower ball

w.i 37/2

10 runs off the over

smith hammers rana thru covers...

all run 4

w.i 41/2

4 runs all of them run. Kaneria with the poor fielding there. Could have done better

nedian21 wrote:

Need i remind you the first was gifted, the second yes ill give him credit for it. Sami is gonna be back inshallah and will prove all you doubters wrong!

waiting for THAT SAMI HOUR for ages

smith looking good... lovely cover drive for 3

w.i 44/2

buhahaah bhootni ~ what better way to remember the international fischer equation regarding the interest rate / inflation rate differential between two countries than with a nice rana outswinger ?

GamBiTT said:

Facts:

Who is doubting this? If someone is doubting this they are morons... which coach won't want the best for his team??

If Holding says in his commentary that the action is clearly suspect, then don't you think there is a CHANCE of him being called? Holding was after all in the ICC committee which looked at actions...

Did you even watch the ODIs?... to the naked eye and in the super-slo-mo he was clearly straightening the arm. His action had gotten sidearm after Holding himself worked on it and he was ok in the India series.

So you think there is no risk that he may be called now? I hope you are right... but in ODIs ... man his action looked very dodgy!

No need to spew any storms even if he is called. It is not Bob's fault if he is chucking. It will just be a sad situation ....as his return so far has been really good!

Raz said:
4 runs all of them run. Kaneria with the poor fielding there. Could have done better

YK maybe thinking of puttung Kaneria in the slip alongside Bazid

nedian21 said:
nedian21 wrote:

waiting for THAT SAMI HOUR for ages

Inshallah it will come when hes 100% fit and raring to go. We have seen glimpses of it but not in its full glory yet.

Agree with L and T you dont normally see Lara playing defensively infact I have never seen him playing defensive cricket he comes in either gets out or goes on to score good 50 or 100. He will you give a slight sniff early on and you have to grab that if not then you are in for a knock by the genius.

Very good so far Younis' captaincy. Set attacking fields, looking to apply pressure and also supported his bowlers with good general field settings

razzaq gets smith yesssssssss

gud catch by hameed

"good looking" devon smith is gone
I love these Ramizisms

lara is trying to dominate beeray here and i guarentee if kaneria come on and lara is still in lara will fly down wkt almost straight away to put kaneria off his rythme!

Raz he has been 100% fit many times now and 100% useless....

A couple of wickets here and there is not a gimpse of glory but a sign of an ineffective and boring fast bowler...

Even Rao may take more wickets than Sami if given the same chances.

Inshallah Shabbir will keep bowling with a good action alongwith Rana and Shoaib will come back with a vengeance against England.

Sami is at best our reserve pacer or perhaps play in occasional ODIs when we rest Shoaib or Beera.

So that dropped Bazid catch earlier not cosing Pakistan too much

razzaq getting some movement, this is a really good start for him. he is a confidence bowler, and this should help him for the rest of the game.

shiv edges ball thru 3rd slip - gulley are for 3

very lucky there....

w.i 51/3

If Pak can keep chipping away at the other end, Lara can be rendered ineffective. However if someone stays with him...then he can score big

In any case, Lara will not fiddle around, as always.

C'mon Younus take off Shabbir and bring on a leg spinner for the lefties... get 'em out early !

Raz he has been 100% fit many times now and 100% useless....

A couple of wickets here and there is not a gimpse of glory but a sign of an ineffective and boring fast bowler...

Even Rao may take more wickets than Sami if given the same chances.

Inshallah Shabbir will keep bowling with a good action alongwith Rana and Shoaib will come back with a vengeance against England.

Sami is at best our reserve pacer or perhaps play in occasional ODIs when we rest Shoaib or Beera.

totally agreed zorawar ;)+

alghazzali said:
EDGED! Chanderpaul lucky fuk

I am always amazed how the WI crowd are so knowledgable that they don't applaud mis-timed shots or edges.

Bazid dropped a sitter off Smith early eh? Not going to buy him a pizza then!

But apparently good catch low to his right later. Maybe he gets half a pizza.

You know what the sad thing is...I feel Lara is under-appreciated..

compared to him..all the three batsmen who have fallen so far have looked like difficult chances even for first class cricket...

Lara is the only true player left to compete at international level.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back