offical thread - 1st test (day1) w.i v pak @ Barbados [26/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
zorawar said:
Raz he has been 100% fit many times now and 100% useless....

A couple of wickets here and there is not a gimpse of glory but a sign of an ineffective and boring fast bowler...

Even Rao may take more wickets than Sami if given the same chances.

Inshallah Shabbir will keep bowling with a good action alongwith Rana and Shoaib will come back with a vengeance against England.

Sami is at best our reserve pacer or perhaps play in occasional ODIs when we rest Shoaib or Beera.

How dare you say he has been 100% useless. So his efforts have done nothing for Pakistan have they? He always has bowled with heart and always has given 100%. Luck has never been his best friend and he himself has admitted recently that the cyst in his foot has bothered him a lot for the past few years. Even then he has still managed to obtain success in terms of wickets and success without much luck.

fair_play said:
Bazid dropped a sitter off Smith early eh? Not going to buy him a pizza then!

But apparently good catch low to his right later. Maybe he gets half a pizza.

Bazid, Majid...and then Majid, Bazid...and then...

Love and Theft said:
fair_play said:
Bazid dropped a sitter off Smith early eh? Not going to buy him a pizza then!

But apparently good catch low to his right later. Maybe he gets half a pizza.

Bazid, Majid...and then Majid, Bazid...and then...

I nominate Love and Theft as the most meaningless name at Pakpassion.

What do you look like Love and Theft? Little, mousy and tubby?

Rameez Raja's pronunciations of cricketers is one of his trademarks of his commentary

Sarwaaan/Sarrwaaan, Chnderpaul to name a few

im impressed with shabbir's bowling to Lara, he has been keeping him on his toes with the extra bounce he produces.

Younis khan looks like he is doing good, a future captain for sure, i can see him being very successful..

yea fp ~ half a pizza is what he should get. was interesting to note that younis khan kept geeing him up after he had dropped thev first one, kept talking to him throughout trying to get some emotion out of bazid (which he did manage). there was none happier than younis when bazid took the catch. and bazid did show some feeling there throwing the ball to the ground after catching it.

robosapien said:
fp on majid (in the words of ghalib):

zikar us pari wash ka, aur phir biyaan hamaraa

Wah, kya baat he - aap paan or challiyaa khaane ke baat Ghalib dohrate hein kiya?

Remember to carry your spitoon with you everywhere lest you soil all around you.

:)

HAFRIDI said:
im impressed with shabbir's bowling to Lara, he has been keeping him on his toes with the extra bounce he produces.

Younis khan looks like he is doing good, a future captain for sure, i can see him being very successful..

One of the most impressive aspects of his captaincy is that he never seems to miss a trick from what ive seen of him so far. I think thats the main difference between his and Inzi's captaincy.

Gasherbrum said:
yea fp ~ half a pizza is what he should get. was interesting to note that younis khan kept geeing him up after he had dropped thev first one, kept talking to him throughout trying to get some emotion out of bazid (which he did manage). there was none happier than younis when bazid took the catch. and bazid did show some feeling there throwing the ball to the ground after catching it.[/quote

Excellent, I'll give half the pizza to Younis then. Noddy will deliver it.

updates please! cricinfo is sloooow (and i dont have a stream this time around :( )

And next ball he smashes it, went very quickly to the rope.

Raz said:
Razzaq bowling a lot of no balls!

please listen to the commentary....two close no ball decisions one given no-ball which clearly was not!

pathetic umpiring...

TS ~ get ATN Carribbean, i'm told its free for a month when you order. thats where i'm watching it ...

IMMY69 said:
Raz said:

please listen to the commentary....two close no ball decisions one given no-ball which clearly was not!

pathetic umpiring...

Ok fine. Razzaq being called for a no balls a lot! Happy?!

IMMY69 said:
Raz said:

pathetic umpiring...

X) Just read the article about the 1988 tour of WI on cricinfo...many ex-players (including WI ones too) were saying the same thing that Pak bowlers were on the receiving end of some really bad No-Ball calls...I guess some things never change :(

England 127-0 after 24 overs. Staruss 58* Trescothick 53*. Current score update from that match to those who are interested

Gasherbrum said:
TS ~ get ATN Carribbean, i'm told its free for a month when you order. thats where i'm watching it ...

I ordered that Gasher...prob is that I'm at work at the moment...by the time i get home, the game would have ended :(

wat time did the match begin (i know it says 9 am on TV Guide, but there is that pre-game analysis crap going on for 30 mins or so!)? 10 am right?

Yes Lara the 4 a ball wonder doing his thing without regard for the position of his team - he gets out, poilte applause, people continue praising him forever... give me a humble/all team man like YK anytime and you can keep your Laras in record books...where he belongs !

more fp on majid:
Meri sari zindigi ko be samar us ne kia
umar meri ti magar basar us ne kia

MenInGreen said:
Yes Lara the 4 a ball wonder doing his thing without regard for the position of his team - he gets out, poilte applause, people continue praising him forever... give me a humble/all team man like YK anytime and you can keep your Laras in record books...where he belongs !

Thats a shocking statement from you MIG. I never expected you to state such a thing!

No I didnt say that , it was evil twin PIG who said that ..... ( Paindoo In Green )

Shayan, I did...I actually watched the ODI series through SS...but I decided not to buy the test this time (its hard to watch the stream while at work).

i guess cricinfo (plus PP live commentary!) is the way for me :)

yea TS ~ 10am was the start time. they do repeat cricket so you might be able to catch it later on ...

Raz said:
zorawar said:

A couple of wickets here and there is not a gimpse of glory but a sign of an ineffective and boring fast bowler...

Inshallah Shabbir will keep bowling with a good action alongwith Rana and Shoaib will come back with a vengeance against England.

Sami is at best our reserve pacer or perhaps play in occasional ODIs when we rest Shoaib or Beera.

How dare you say he has been 100% useless. So his efforts have done nothing for Pakistan have they? He always has bowled with heart and always has given 100%. Luck has never been his best friend and he himself has admitted recently that the cyst in his foot has bothered him a lot for the past few years. Even then he has still managed to obtain success in terms of wickets and success without much luck.

LOL so now he has a excuse for not performing for the past few years!!!

Well then shouldn't he have pulled out of playing and gotten the cyst removed???? A PAST FEW YEARS!!??? You have got to be kidding me...

If you say he has bowled with his heart and gven 100%... so what?? Any bowler given a chance to play for national team will and should do the same... Khalil bowled with his heart too.. so did Mohd. Asif or any other ineffective bowler. What is special about bowling with 100% effort and heart??? That does not get you a place on the team if you are continuosly ineffective...

piggy is the new name....

and yes , I am a Paindoo in my spare time....

danny to bowl, so will this be another 150 for 5 ? or will he be able to get a few wickets before conceding almost a hundred runs first ?

This will be a big test for Kaneria. These 2 (Shiv and Lara) are Windies's best batsmen and by far their best players of spin bowling. I think Afridi might have been more uself at this stage with his skidders since the ball is still new and hard relatively.

lare murders him again, 2 boundaries through the point region, might be the last over before lunch?

robosapien said:
more fp on majid:
Meri sari zindigi ko be samar us ne kia
umar meri ti magar basar us ne kia

:)) :))

Are bhaiyaa aap kee kiya baat he,
Shero Shairee me to hum sab ko pichaa chor diya.

Aap ke jism pe kurta
Neehcay tang pyjama
Aik haath me paan
Doosre hath me jaam
Teesre hath pe page 3 ka nishaan
or damagh oot patang!

Aap ne to kamal hee kardiya. Thora or jaam, or thora aur paan, phir he chale ga kaam!

Keep it coming bhayya!

"Keep it coming bhayya!"

to leejiye punjabi tukra:

majid majid kardi ni mein aapay majid hoyi
saddo ni sakhio majid minnoo, fp na akho koi

robosapien said:
"Keep it coming bhayya!"

to leejiye punjabi tukra:

majid majid kardi ni mein aapay majid hoyi
saddo ni sakhio majid minnoo, fp na akho koi

Arre bhayya aap to Urdu ke shair hain

yeh Punjabi kahan se shuru kardee!

Kurta, tang pyjama, paan, katha or chaaliya, teen daant, or bad zaban! Aap me ulsee shair ke khoobiyan hein. Isse raah ko pakar lijiye - jab doosre cheez jo pakaree hoi he us ko choriain ge!

Agar damagh bekar ho, bazoo or dil me jaan no ho, rung pukka ho, moin me paan ho, hath me page 3 ho, to shairee hee banain ge.

Sab se pehle me aap ke kitaab khareedon go.

I think Lara will get 401, weve got no answer...........unless..............we unleash THE BEAST!!!

alghazzali said:
I think Lara will get 401, weve got no answer...........unless..............we unleash THE BEAST!!!
:))2

Afridi'll sort him out like he sorted out Tendulkar in the Indian series

DM said:
alghazzali said:
:))2

Afridi'll sort him out like he sorted out Tendulkar in the Indian series

Forget Lara!

RoboApe has arrived as a paan mouthed shair here!

Hehehehe!

I sed b4 the series only Beera can get him out, cos Laras been dismissed by tall bowlers in the past, mayb its the xtra bounce.

But Beera isnt clever enough 2 counter the mind games Lara can play. We just hav 2 hope

zorawar said:
Raz said:
zorawar said:

LOL so now he has a excuse for not performing for the past few years!!!

Well then shouldn't he have pulled out of playing and gotten the cyst removed???? A PAST FEW YEARS!!??? You have got to be kidding me...

If you say he has bowled with his heart and gven 100%... so what?? Any bowler given a chance to play for national team will and should do the same... Khalil bowled with his heart too.. so did Mohd. Asif or any other ineffective bowler. What is special about bowling with 100% effort and heart??? That does not get you a place on the team if you are continuosly ineffective...

He said the cyst has bothered him in the past few years but it was me who thought it COULD be a reason as to why he hasnt performed well consistently as it can psycholgically affect your performance. Ive said whats needed to be said about Sami and im not gonna wast my time repeating what i say time and time again to ineffectual fools who just cant be bothered to understand!

Sami will b bak, and there will b a day he'll find his form.

As 4 the amount of chances hes had, any1 with his type of potential wud b given the same time, he has been very UNLUCKY!!

alghazzali said:
Sami will b bak, and there will b a day he'll find his form.

As 4 the amount of chances hes had, any1 with his type of potential wud b given the same time, he has been very UNLUCKY!!

Same old story about Sami being unlucky, if he doesnt have luck then I guess he should cut down on bad deeds and start praying more often so that Allah can turn his bad luck into good luck.

If coach is making any contribution, we should see some result just after this break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back