offical thread - 1st test (day1) w.i v pak @ Barbados [26/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot afridi over long off, just short of the boundary.
and follows it up with a huge 6!!! Over the midwicket boundary for 6

Afridi is just so funny I love that guy so much!

1.5 Powell to Shahid Afridi, SIX, Bang! On the midwicket stand roof, go
fetch!

2 overs to go, i'd hope salman farms the strike here a bit, lets start over again tomorrow ...

don't understand why afridi is batting up the order.
Risk:benefit ratio is very high.

nice shot by butt there but well fielded this edwards guy is entertaining to watch i just wanna see his ball go for 6's :D

Butt has batted in Perth. This wont be anything new for him.

The_Cricket_Devil said:
i have a feeling butt is afraid of the pace
he is inexperianced but dont worry once he gets in he will be oreet

The_Cricket_Devil said:

Doubt it, from what I saw of him in Australia.

But what makes you think so?

wow this guy is bowling fast from the get go...

I think he is currently the fastest bowler.. I have not seen Lee or SHoaib bowl at 94 in their first over.

well the risk of Afridi opening is high but the benefit is higher in my opinion

actually i remember a few time shoaib has bowled in the 95-96 range in his first over unfortunately i cant remember a exact time anyway gr8 shot by butt for 4 one more over to go 20 after 3

cause nothing really wrong with his action.

Its a low arm sling, but not a throw.

The_Cricket_Devil said:
and that is it 22 after day 1 butt should have 9 he edged first ball for 4 and it isnt shown as his runs....

first ball was given 4 byes
i think it was the right decision by the umpire

definitely overall Pakistan the happier side going in to Day 2! Well played boys!

honours even on day 1, better than expected outcome for the Windies.

actually i think windies will be quite happy with 345 after being like 3 for 45 and chanderpaul being dropped on 50 odd by akmal (hard catch tho so np)

PakPassionate said:
Why Micheal Holding is not talking abt Edward's Action ?

Michael Holding is not in the commentary team....Sanjay has replaced him

Well i am satisfied casue we got them oout in one day and that to me is always a postive cause we are playing test cricket. Salman shud play a resonsible innings tomorrow ans inshallah shahid can fire away. Middle order looks decent to me with YK,BK,YH and asim we need to see off new ball after that we can dictate terms

1155713246198238ie.jpg

Its a decent effort by Pak today. ok the bowling wasnt at its best and a few dropped catches, but I'm satisfied, I thought Pak pulled it back nicely once Lara was out.

All to play for though and Pak should look to bat for 2 days.

I kept warning ppl about Fidel, the guy is lightning!!

I really HATE being outpaced by another team :D

Saj said:
Its a decent effort by Pak today. ok the bowling wasnt at its best and a few dropped catches, but I'm satisfied, I thought Pak pulled it back nicely once Lara was out.

All to play for though and Pak should look to bat for 2 days.

Sorry bhai I wish I could agree but I think Pak were pathetic in the field. Only a team like Pak (and windies themselves) can bowl so many noballs and drop catches like this. I would have thought Bob would have sorted this out by now with the boys but its not his fault if they keep making same mistakes again.

To me it is unacceptable for spinners and medium pace bowlers to bowl noballs consistently at this level.

I agree Pak did ok to pull it back but that was expected once Lara went out and then Chanderpaul.

Now Pak had an average amatuer day against a supposedly weak team but Lara and Chanderpaul.

To me WIndies are on top with the runs on the board and an inexperienced and brittle Pak batting line up.

BRIAN LARA (& CHANDERPAUL):

ALthough it was painful to watch from a Pak point of view, I did however really enjoy his batting. It was really great stuff and a great entertaining innings. Even as an opposing fan u cant help but admire and appreciate the Lara and his master innings. Just pure class and dominance.

There isn't anything wrong with Edward's action.

It is just a very slingy action.

fair_play said:
The_Cricket_Devil said:

Butt's keen concentration and the serious look on his face when a bowler is running in to bowl, may have given the impression of fear to The Cricket Devil.

butt isnt afraid of pace i remember he played some awesome cover drives off brett lee's 90+mph deliveries, probly looks scared cause he looks like a little boy but he isnt

Salman wuld never be afraid. Farhad is right he always concentrates when batting and thats so good about him. We need him to carry on today...

Farhad said:
fair_play said:
The_Cricket_Devil said:

Butt's keen concentration and the serious look on his face when a bowler is running in to bowl, may have given the impression of fear to The Cricket Devil.

Butt is the last player in the team I would expect to be scared of pace.

Cricket Devil is smoking something serious I suspect.

Butt scared of pace??? Hmmm maybe thats why he was batting four feet out of his crease to both powell and edwards.

What i will say is this. Our over reliance on inzi is really showing now. Yes he is the best player of pace by some distance in the world but still the boys need to learn to perform without him. Hes 35 already and retirement cant be far away.

tommorows a new day wid new begining

just kee ure fingers crossed and hope tht we get the remaining 6 wkts in quick succession
and do chase a target of around 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back