Status
Not open for further replies.
66.2 Shabbir Ahmed to Browne, no run, beaten, probing and missing
outside off

64.5 Shabbir Ahmed to Browne, no run, goes for a fish outside off and
misses
64.4 Shabbir Ahmed to Browne, no run, beaten on the off

---------------------------------

I'm not watching but Browne seems to be riding his luck. He will go soon.

WE can still win this, just et them out under 350 and bat well. Windies have batted quickly so that means we can take our time to bat. Windies tend to bea bit weak in the second innings, so that is when pak can capitalize.

Damn Lara, got one hundred, but good fightback from Kaneria.

Rana has bowled well except for those no balls. Tough luck though, no wickets.

Cozier commenting oh Shabbirs action, saying that alot of observers have noticed....bad news for Shabbir, the ICC will be on 2 him soon

Yoyo has gone back to Pakistan to be with his ill father.

YoYo's father is sick, he has gone back to Pakistan. May be he will be back for next match.

Hash said:
he is a better keepr than sangakkarra and will therefore be the better allround player than him. Give him 4-5 years. You will see.

Hash

It's debatable if he is a better keeper than Sangakkara. I do not think he is.....not at the moment. And Sangakkara is one of their leading batsmen too having played Tests just on the strength of his batting alone. Cannot imagine Kamran playing just as a batsman evenb after 5 years. He is simply too flashy outside the off-stump for a dependable and resolute batsman to be.

got him this time, one just dropped short but a ball later thin edge straight to the keeper, shabbir gets his just reward, browne gone

68.2 Shabbir Ahmed to Browne, no run, another ball that moves away and a
play and miss

another one.

Farhad........As I said.....I am not sure if he will be a better batsman than Sangakkara. But his keeping I believe is better than Sangakarra's already, and will certainly be better than his in a few years.

I knew he was on his way out!

COME ON!!!

lovely line from Shabbir, who had beaten Browne on a number of occasions. Edge to Akmal gone.

Pak with a chance to pick up some late wickets now.

20 overs left today. I think we can get them.

make sure Kaneria is bowling to Powell. Powell will not have even the slightest clue as to what Danish is doing.

We need to keep chanderpaul off strike and attack the tailenders, we could clean them up within the end of the day's play inshallaah!

Kaneria has looked rusty today. Hasnt played for a while I dont think and Lara got stuck into him early.

they are appraoching 300, we need to restrict under 350

AKMAL DROPPED! The one we wanted, chanders

Love and Theft said:
Yes Kaneria should not be given the ball anymore. Instead afridi should be used

Kaneria rarely gets into the wickets before giving about 80-100 away. So there is time for him still.

He might still end up with 5-130.

Love and Theft said:
Kaneria getting canned some more. This should be his last over of the innings

He is just finding his length.

By the time the tail gets in, he will get his length right and weave his magic.

Dont write him off. He could pick up 5-150 still. Just give the kid enough overs, and he will get you a 5er.

another appeal turned down. Wouldn't be so bad but everyone knows that Sheppherd will give the very first appeal the windies have out.

fair_play said:
Love and Theft said:

Kaneria rarely gets into the wickets before giving about 80-100 away. So there is time for him still.

It would be intersting to see how many if any times he has got his 3rd wikcet before conceding atleast 80 runs

I hope Shabby bhai saab gets a 5-for, that would be a awesome comeback.

Damn this is not fun anymore !

Is there something in the wicket or is it a dead track to help WI batters to gain some confidence?

Love and Theft said:
fair_play said:
Love and Theft said:

It would be intersting to see how many if any times he has got his 3rd wikcet before conceding atleast 80 runs

He still gets his wickets and averages around 30 runs per wicket.

By the time Kaneria has given away 140 the opposing team are normally around 400 etc and then Kaneria start picking up wickets as the opposition puts its foot on the accelerator.

Kaneria is not bad, but is still not mature as a bowlers. He doesnt bowl at the batsman - he just bowls. With time he will learn to think batsman out as well.

72.6 Abdul Razzaq to Chanderpaul, one run, goes to point and Asim Kamal
decides to throw stumps down and gives away a run on an overthrow
needlessly

well done Asim! Shabash! Just what we needed! Chanderpaul on strike!

its an excellent batting track, but Pak are looking ragged at the moment and without a plan.

I would bring Afridi on and see if he can get rid of the tail.

Chanders batting well with the tail and taking most of the strike.

I think the middle order is way too bare, and if one of our openers get out early, or Younis does, we have alot of inexpiernce.

I would like Afridi to open and keep Hameed lower if we need a partnership, which most likely we will.

Pakistan is slow on over rate. How much time is left? We still have 15 overs to bowl.

fair_play said:
Love and Theft said:
fair_play said:
Love and Theft said:

By the time Kaneria has given away 140 the opposing team are normally around 400 etc and then Kaneria start picking up wickets as the opposition puts its foot on the accelerator.

Kaneria is not bad, but is still not mature as a bowlers. He doesnt bowl at the batsman - he just bowls. With time he will learn to think batsman out as well.

I remember Noddy saying here that Kaneria needs to realize that his 5-150 doesn't help the team much. I am sure you can agree with him on this one :)

Love and Theft said:
fair_play said:
Love and Theft said:
fair_play said:
Love and Theft said:

I remember Noddy saying here that Kaneria needs to realize that his 5-150 doesn't help the team much. I am sure you can agree with him on this one :)

I dont know what to agree with Mr Noddy.

I can agree to agree, but that's about all. Consistency of argument is not his forte.

yk has been rigid today in persisting with kaneria ahead of afridi. also shud have understood that afridi is now quite a genuine bowler instead of being a part-timer

I think Afridi has to come on now. He has bowled only 6 overs today. And with his variations he seems to be the right choice to cleanup the tail.

76.4 Abdul Razzaq to Chanderpaul, two runs, tuned to midwicket and
Kaneria mixes things up

Now he's started to mix things up in the field as well.

now I am beginning to feel very frustrated.

we need some imagination and innovation from the skipper now.

At the moment it is just the same over and over again.

Bring Afridi on. Bring Rana back on. Give him a couple of overs then bring Shabbir back. Mix things up.........at the moment it is just too predictable.

I can guarantee we wont lose this match but to win it we need to restict them to 375 or so and then get a 100 run lead.

Thats is exactly why Kaneria's wickets in Aus did not help Pak cause much, and not really adequate support even from him for Shoaib's early breakthroughs and inroads into Aussie line-up.

I only recall Shoaib getting early breakthroughs in one innings in Aus.

at last!

Come on now! clean up the tail!!!

Powell averages 5.5 in test cricket - they put on around 50 together - we need strike bowlers to clean up the tail.

gone! chanderpaul hits it straight to bazid at cover, misses his 100. kaneria gets another

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

COME ON PAKISTAN!!!!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

COME ON!!!!!!!

come on now. Bowl them out for less than 350

Now we can most certainly still win this match.

another one bites the dust

Chanderpoopaul gone !

wow, loud appeal by danish on that one, reon king was well forward, just enough doubt to be given the benefit, might have just missed leg.

we have to get a result know, we need a quick 50+ from Afridi and then we need YK to get a big one, Maybe get Razzaq higher up and inshallah if we work as a team we should get 500+ against this weak WI attack

Shepherd nay kasam khai hai ke he wont give an LBW in our favour even in his last match.
23_30_110v.gif

Yes. Rana or Afridi.

These idiots wont be able to handle Afridi's faster ball. Nor will they handle Rana's yorkers.

Come on Younis. These two have bowled enough. I know it is your first test as captain and all and we can't expect everything to go perfectly but COME ON IT IS SO OBVIOUS BHAI JUIST GET AFRIDI ON!!!!!

PAKISTANI PRIDE !!! said:
wel danish got their best batters but way to expensive...

Bring rana on he can lcean them up for sure

exactly, say thank u very much to kaneria and bring on rana from that end.

haha ~ edwards ducks into a slowerball that ends up as a full toss, appeal declined as it was missing off stump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back