official day 5 thread

lloyd and botham still justifying eng's refusal to take new ball as a ploy to get tailenders out through 'reverse" swing.. lol thats pathetic.. they both know england gave up long before and didnt want to give away quick runs.. they are dreading batting 60 odd overs on this pitch...

i am sure these seasoned experts know the truth.. please stop hiding it and covering englands weak mentality.

262 for 9 (278 ahead)

Inzamam 94 not out
Kaneria 2 not out

quickly run 2 by inzi & kaneria

2 slowest runners in team lol

Wiji said:
I don't know if any of you noticed, but Inzamam's strike rate is 75. That's really good for a test match and in these circumstances, it would mean he was going for the win. But the others around him couldn't cope with the wicket it seemed.

seems like YK and SB were never going for the win.

Inzamam is not going to declare obviously. It would look very selfish on his part. He'll just hit out until he gets out. The next 20 minutes should be quite exciting.

what a milestone he will reach. 100 in both innings and highest test tons for Pakistan. INSHALLAH he gets his ton.

mooz said:
seems like YK and SB were never going for the win.

quite clearly from today, Vaughan wasn't either

runs to get to get to 8000 runs in test cricket for Inzi
Inshallah today

Inzi gets his century and declares!!! What an innings!!! Mubarik ho!!!!

Well Played Inzy superb knock gr8 now lets get some pooes b5 lunch and this cudyet be 2-0

What a GREAT player Inzi is. I will be crying the day he retires.

pakistan declare

superb stuff now we can bowl 3 overs at england before lunch and take 2 wickets!

why declare now?
the most we get before lunch is 1-2 overs

100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

what an innings, my fellow lyallpuri's have made me proud...the crowd was awesome and we still have a chance to win it

Inzi he is one of the most amazing batsman in terms of managing his inning.

gem of an innings. he is in form of his life. i think so if he is not fully fit he should not come out to lead. we need him in Lahore specially with no Afridi.

only 5 Pakistanis to score tons in both innings of a test match. and now he has beaten Miandad's 23 hundred record

offstump said:
what an innings, my fellow lyallpuri's have made me proud...the crowd was awesome and we still have a chance to win it

ya the Faisalabad crowd is amazing. good ploy by PCB by offering free tickets. at least 1 incentive to come and watch TEST cricket. Multan win was also one of the main factors in bringing so many people to Faisalabad

Brilliant Absolutely Brilliant! Oh What will we do when you retire Inzi. You will never be replaced. Best batsman Pakistan has EVER produced!

^ i was just thinking...its goona be a sad sad day...i have no idea what we're goona do

I mean the Lara'a and Tendulkar's are pleasing to watch but this guy is always the man of the hour. Every time his team needs him he responds plays according to the situation amazing talent. In my mind he is the greatest Pakistan has produced dont get me wrong i am a huge Miandad fan but this guy has my respect for life. A champion among mere men.

gora #1 is trying to make Inzi sound selfish
Not to mention undeserving of his century by bringing up the lbw appeals and the dropped catches.
What a gadha.

lahori2 said:
Brilliant Absolutely Brilliant! Oh What will we do when you retire Inzi. You will never be replaced. Best batsman Pakistan has EVER produced!

hasan raza :D

It appears Flintoff was the one who used negative tactics in his second last over by bowling on leg side to avoid Inzi single.

U know the good thing about batting England out of the match is that Pakistan can attack as much as they want
I think that is worth the extra 15-20 minutes it took for Pakistan to get there.

realistically 4 hours of play left in match so around 55-57 overs to get england out.

Man of Crisis, Man of the Hour, Iceman of Pakistan. Inzi the King!.. A 30 gun salute to the big man1

ahaPassion said:
It appears Flintoff was the one who used negative tactics in his second last over by bowling on leg side to avoid Inzi single.

:19: Ofcoarse the Inzi bashers wont say anything about that will they?

1 over before lunch now? Oh imagine a wicket. Come on Shoaib.

i recon england will take bad light @ end of the day.

A good performance in tests was needed not only for BW's reputation, not only for our ranking, but also as an opportunity to establish a strong interest in test cricket amongst the pakistani public in the future.

By playing wonderful cricket and producing priceless knocks like that of inzi's today, the crowd at faisalabad today will now look at test cricket in an all together different way.

Very good for the future!

mooz said:
Is Inzi off the field?

inzis quite happily relaxing in changing room with mushy!

he deserves to put his feet up.

Back