official day 5 thread

come on pakistan! 1 more wicket before lunch please!

Amjid Javed said:
inzis quite happily relaxing in changing room with mushy!

he deserves to put his feet up.

Mushy, ofcourse, deserves to be playing but that is another story all together

It swung in, bad leave by Tresco! Comprehensively bowled!! Off stump sent flying!! Akhtar strikes!!!!

I said a wicket before lunch

we got it

you see you fool. Who was the poster who did not know why we declared just before lunch? This is why. Watch some more cricket and you will learn something about the game.

Omg Omg Omg Omg!

What A Delivery!!!

Go Shoaiby Go!!!

:11: :11: :11:

vaughan in now.

vaughan just about keeps out the ball 2 runs down to fine leg

The key wicket was Trescothick's and its been taken!!

Hash said:
I said a wicket before lunch

we got it

you see you fool. Who was the poster who did not know why we declared just before lunch? This is why. Watch some more cricket and you will learn something about the game.

am glad i said pakistan shud declare just b4 lunch :D

2 more wickets before lunch
COME ON PAKIS

oohhhhhhhhhh

akthar sends ball flying past vaughans outside edge.

eng 5/1 @ lunch!

9 wickets needed in 2 sessions. pakistan has done it before.

they should have opened with Rana, he could have taken 2 or 3 in the over before lunch

yeah and the game is on. lets see the poms play some attacking cricket now. this should shut botham up for some time.

9 wickets left and all we need is 9 wicket taking deliveries. That's 1.3 overs out of the 55 overs left.

Technically, that's very very possible!

Amjid Javed said:
9 wickets needed in 2 sessions. pakistan has done it before.
We did it in 1 and a half in Multan!

It can be, inshallah it will be done - come on boys -do it for Inzi - to add to his matchwinning hundreds :D

it all comes down to the new ball...akthar and rana need to work some magic they can do it inshallah!!

An ominous looking Pakistan team fully charged up by a brilliant hundred from their Captain take the field with Shoaib charging in with full steam and knocking out the leading English batsman...!!! Can it get any better than this??? Amazing stuff.

YK leading the side out there and I give us a bright chance to win this test! England on the backfoot. Its going to get real exciting now!

Wiji said:
9 wickets left and all we need is 9 wicket taking deliveries. That's 1.3 overs out of the 55 overs left.

:))) :))) That's the way to put it!

From this point on either we win or its a draw. Even if they go really defensive this would allow us to be extra aggresive.

Wiji said:

By the same token, England needs only 47 scoring shots to win this game.

pants and trousers will come on to bowl and get hit for 242 runs in 14 overs. We will lose thanks to him.

pants and trousers said:
so people, predictions now?

England will go under a turtle shell blocking everything in sight. If that happens then we should go all out attack like we attacked India in Bangalore. But I think England might still prefer to attack. Kaneria will play a key role as usual. That is unless Hair starts issuing his dumbass warnings again.

Hash said:
pants and trousers will come on to bowl and get hit for 242 runs in 14 overs. We will lose thanks to him.

at least i will get a test cap

lahori2 said:
England will go under a turtle shell blocking everything in sight. If that happens then we should go all out attack like we attacked India in Bangalore. But I think England might still prefer to attack. Kaneria will play a key role as usual. That is unless Hair starts issuing his dumbass warnings again.
Why take the risk of bowling him frm Hairs end ..bowl him frm taufel's end

why is everyone so surprised that botham got to 50?
I know he loved his drink, but does he have any chronic medical problems?
I am guessing some VD.

mooz said:
why is everyone so surprised that botham got to 50?
I know he loved his drink, but does he have any chronic medical problems?
I am guessing some VD.

He may be a arrogrant selfish person who does not know a thing abt reverse swing but he was a talented cricketer.

It is nice to see Pakistan playing positive cricket.A target of 285 is pretty decent, we give our bowlers a fair chance and England have to bat extremely well to win it if they get it they are the better side.Atleast we get to watch exciting cricket on the 5th day.

if England attack Kaneria, england will suffer, if they attack Shoaib, they will suffer, if they attack Rana, they will suffer. The only way for england to attack is through Afridi (Risky) and Sami (Doable)

mlegha1 said:
It is nice to see Pakistan playing positive cricket.A target of 285 is pretty decent, we give our bowlers a fair chance and England have to bat extremely well to win it if they get it they are the better side.Atleast we get to watch exciting cricket on the 5th day.

England will need about 60 miracles to win it

Botham was an okay player. More hype then matter. Played a hand-full of crazy knocks that 2 in the Ashes thats why he is such a legend to the poms. He was military medium who could swing the ball both ways. In my book he is just a notch above Kapil as an all rounder.

2 sessions left

Session 1: 1 hours 50 minutes

1 hours 50 minutes gives england 22 overs if Pakistan slow it down

Session 2: 2 Hours 30 minutes

REALISTICALLY: 2 hours until light goes down

Which gives england 22 + 22 = 44 overs

in 40-50 overs they need 280 runs at 5+ runs an over

Invictus said:
Botham was an okay player. More hype then matter. Played a hand-full of crazy knocks that 2 in the Ashes thats why he is such a legend to the poms. He was military medium who could swing the ball both ways. In my book he is just a notch above Kapil as an all rounder.
Yeah - never scored a hundred against WI (the top team of the day).

Apart from his 1981 Ashes heroics, nothing much else to say really.

He was ok - 33 with the bat, 30 with the ball - but IMO Flintoff is much better - the comparisons are unfair.

Pakistan would be looking to bowl as many overs as possible. I am guessing that they can bowl around 55 overs with Afridi and Kaneria bowling in tandem most of the time.

Botham was a CLOWN, i remember how waz and waqs made a fool out of him with those reverse swing yorkers in 1992.

Sad to see waz & waqs being friends with him now, after all that rubbish he wrote about them 2. waz and waqs shud be supporting Imran Khan who took botham to court over cheating allegations.

Back