official day 5 thread

kasoo10 said:
I think Inzi will miss his 100 and he has himself to blame because he did not take most of the strike.

Inzi doesn't care about personal milestones unlike Mr Tendulkar. He is a team man.

i cant belive the comments here callin inzy gutlless and shud go for the kill come on this Test cricket first u shud play it safe protect ur one - nill lead then think abt other things.
I dont care if inzy take another 20000 balls to get to 100 as long the game is saved

hopefully that ice on his knee was only precautionary and isnt anything serious however inzi is limping and he shouldnt take any chances with if he doens think he can imo

I hope Inzi's injury is not serious. we cant lose him for Lahore test specially when Afridi is banned

Hash said:
The lack of cricketing knowledge on this forum in recent times has really dissapointed me

I agree, why cant people understand here. There is no way England can chase down the target now! Its either a draw or pak win. Akhtar,naved have to remove 1 of the openers early to put pressure on England!

Difference between draw and Pakistan's victory in this match was The Beast getting out without scoring. He would have made a huge difference if he had stayed.

i disagree when u say pakistan canot bowl out england.. its going to be tough but you never know.. 60 overs approx and a few quick wickets initially and the game is on. this is still a day 5 pitch, no matter how flat its playing.. it does behave oddly at times.

Shez said:
I agree, why cant people understand here. There is no way England can chase down the target now! Its either a draw or pak win. Akhtar,naved have to remove 1 of the openers early to put pressure on England!

Pakistan won't even be able to bowl out Zim in the time remaining.

badxhah said:
i cant belive the comments here callin inzy gutlless and shud go for the kill come on this Test cricket first u shud play it safe protect ur one - nill lead then think abt other things.
I dont care if inzy take another 20000 balls to get to 100 as long the game is saved

bhai the game is saved now. 260 is more than enough on 5th day track with the time left.

plus we wasted so many balls and time when Sami played like 33 balls for 5 runs. in that time and balls Inzi wud have made at least 15-20 runs

Cartman said:
i disagree when u say pakistan canot bowl out england.. its going to be tough but you never know.. 60 overs approx and a few quick wickets initially and the game is on. this is still a day 5 pitch, no matter how flat its playing.. it does behave oddly at times.

i dont think match is over either but pakistan imo have saved the match for themselves now and should give them selves as much time as they can to get at englands batting lineup

pakistan has the bowling attack to bowl england out today.. i think it is very much possible

looks to me vaughan is more gutless than inzi.. he didnt take the new ball for fear of giving away quick runs .. he only needed 3 wickets and he could have wrapped it up a fair bit quicker than how long it has taken them.. and we still one wicket standing.. he let it go and decided not to dictate the proceedings today. seems like they had given up hope long before shoaib got out.

Cartman said:
looks to me vaughan is more gutless than inzi.. he didnt take the new ball for fear of giving away quick runs .. he only needed 3 wickets and he could have wrapped it up a fair bit quicker than how long it has taken them.. and we still one wicket standing.. he let it go and decided not to dictate the proceedings today. seems like they had given up hope long before shoaib got out.

:19:

Cartman said:

:19: agree 100%

Cartman said:

ya true. But this was the time when we could have send them a message that we are here for some purpose (to wrap up the series). this wud have made them more under pressure and a chance for our bowlers

Cartman said:

Inzi is doing what Vaughan wants here. They'll be happy their not batting against Danish and Shaoib on this 5th day pitch!

haha anyoine rememvber the shanewarne bouncer during the ashes to pieterson

Cartman said:

very well said plus he didnt bring the fieild in to stop inzy frm taking a single of the last ball

Is it reasonable to assume that the captains on the field know slightly more than some of you posting on here?

If they have chosen to play the way they have, surely they know something you don't?

Or is it the other way around?

shouldn't inzi get himself a runner if he is going to run quick doubles?

no ball & single now

kaneria to face last 2 balls

badxhah said:
why doenst inzy get a runner to avoid further damages

because every time you get a runner your team is docked 6000 runs

kaneria to face final ball of the over as inzi goes onto 89 nvm it was a no ball as well so kaneria must face 2 balls

Hoggard spoilt Inzi's plan with that no ball
Could it have been deliberate?

if inzy get a 100 this will be the first time in his career to score 100s in both innings

Shez said:
Commentators sayng Pak still have chance to win with class bowlers like akhtar and Dani + afridi

These commentators are idiots
That was our consensus over the last 4 days

I don't know if any of you noticed, but Inzamam's strike rate is 75. That's really good for a test match and in these circumstances, it would mean he was going for the win. But the others around him couldn't cope with the wicket it seemed.

Back