official day 5 thread

Okay, around 78 over scheduled in the game.

Minus two for change of innings.

Thats 76 overs, all of which England will want to play.

In reality, if they are lucky, they might get around 70.

250 to get off 70.

And you are STILL going to tell me Pakistan won't go to Lahore with a lead?

England wants to buy the wicket by bringing on spinners...not taking the new ball is a big surprise.

Ace Base said:
Okay, around 78 over scheduled in the game.

Minus two for change of innings.

Thats 76 overs, all of which England will want to play.

In reality, if they are lucky, they might get around 70.

250 to get off 70.

And you are STILL going to tell me Pakistan won't go to Lahore with a lead?

question is can be bowl Eng out in 70 overs????

Its obvious that England dont want to bat. They have realized they cant win. Declaration should come soon.

kasoo10 said:
question is can be bowl Eng out in 70 overs????

he said a lead not a series win so im guessing he means england has no chance of winning thus either pakistan are going to lahroe 1-0 or 2-0

Inzi should get his 100 - England will need to wait for anothger honour by the great man!

Then we will systematically destory any vestige of English resistence.....

We will leave Faislabad as victors ... mark my words...

MenInGreen said:
Inzi should get his 100 - England will need to wait for anothger honour by the great man!

INSHAHALLAH

MenInGreen said:

inshallah inzi deserves to surpass miandad after all the hard work inzi has done and he is only 24 away his innings are gonna win it for us

pacman said:
Its obvious that England dont want to bat. They have realized they cant win. Declaration should come soon.
Not unless we have a lead of 280 because with Flintoff and KP England have the fire power to score quickly

MenInGreen said:

Do i detect another jinx attempt MIG Mian?

The_Cricket_Devil said:
he said a lead not a series win so im guessing he means england has no chance of winning thus either pakistan are going to lahroe 1-0 or 2-0

Ok, we are now cheering for a draw. Not too bad at this stage I will say. But we should have won this one.

akthar gone. caught behind!

good ball. not much he could do about that!

Shoaib gone. Now Inzi need to hit out as much as they can get in the next few overs.

sami new man in. inzi needs to put his foot down now

i am starting to feel vaughan does not feel his side can survive on this wicket for that many overs so he is just buying time by using the old ball and spinners to curtail scoring rate of pakistan and hence delaying the declaration.

Well played Akhtar faced 10 overs good job get some rest because you have to bowl Flat out soon...

And Botham continues to pepper the word 'reverse' in his commentary. What a duffer he is.

every other word that botham say when england in bowling is " reverse ", numbskull

body langauge very clear on english players, they have not got a chance to win and they know it thus they arent being very keen to go to bat this will be our advantage playing for a draw never works

lahori2 said:
And Botham continues to pepper the word 'reverse' in his commentary. What a duffer he is.

Remember Bell can get a bit of reverse so im fully expecting Kaneria to be getting "a bit of reverse"

botham reversing it from commentary box again, my dear lord !! what a torture !!

Raz said:
Remember Bell can get a bit of reverse so im fully expecting Kaneria to be getting "a bit of reverse"

and i hope botham puts his butt in reverse outta the commentary box and go celebrate his 50th birthday in some sewer with the barmy army

botham talking of how unlucky England are not to have got inzi lbw earlier :))) well pakistan are unlucky to have like 6 decisions go against them this match that shouldnt so yea stfu :p

Botham is lucky that he has numbskulls such as Rameez and others sitting round him - in Australia, they would have hung him to dry by now....

The_Cricket_Devil said:
botham talking of how unlucky England are not to have got inzi lbw earlier :))) well pakistan are unlucky to have like 6 decisions go against them this match that shouldnt so yea stfu :p

Rotay hoay aya Botham ; Rotay hoay jayay ga Botham :))

This has been a very professional performance by Pakistan this morning.

Inzi as usual was the King
Shoaib played a superb innings. Wasted 60 balls as well which is always nice.

Another 15-20 minutes of batting and we will guarantee safety.....even though in all probability it will now be a draw anyway.

MenInGreen said:
Botham is lucky that he has numbskulls such as Rameez and others sitting round him - in Australia, they would have hung him to dry by now....

true miggy or even Indians

Amjid Javed said:
sanjay says england cant lose match!

Inzi should show some urgency now. make the lead 280 and ask England to bat. its now 1hr 5 min for lunch with 10 mins for the inning change.

England and all the commentators are shocked why Inzi has given so much strike to tail. good strange tactic by Inzi ;-)

Raz said:
Dont tell me hes playing the role of chamcha now!

personally i never heard him saying eng cant lose here as far as i remember he has said that england know they cannot win this match but match is going for a draw at this stage unless pakistan do something to win

Since it is heading towards the draw, only interest left now is Inzi's 100.

From Inzis point of view - if one of Tresco, Flintoff, Pierterson plays a "blinder" of an innings - we could be in big trouble

Which is better : 1-0 to Lahore or 1-1 to Lahore ?

Masha Allah, Pakistan prevails.

Alhumduliallah.

For those of you who say Pakistan should have pressed on for a win, please remember, Ikhwaan, that this is a team that was almost written off before the series started. This is a team with teething troubles, with young players, without an established opening order.

Keep all this and more in perspective: Pakistan have done magnificently, Masha Allah and I am proud of them.

yar this is time wasting. with sami on strike. he plays full over and then Inzi takes the single on the 1st ball on the next over

this is weak cricket from both sides.. no urgency from pakistan to score quick runs and declare.. and england what can i say.. need just two more wickets and they are not taking the new ball..

MenInGreen said:
From Inzis point of view - if one of Tresco, Flintoff, Pierterson plays a "blinder" of an innings - we could be in big trouble

Which is better : 1-0 to Lahore or 1-1 to Lahore ?

Yes you are right

if England were playing the aussies in the same scenario , the aussies would have come very hard on England in the second innings and would have done their best to win the match. I love them for bringing TEST cricket to life and thats why they are number one.

Back